AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-27, 23:40   Link #661
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
true on that asia made him her familiar ,and you are right the gear could overload as for the last part if he had done the same thing our hero did with divine divide he would have a weak copy of boosted gear. I like dragons and the armor types from the series so when they didnt have much info for that gear and it had me thinking how would you improve on something like that
chrono25 is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 00:29   Link #662
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
true on that asia made him her familiar ,and you are right the gear could overload as for the last part if he had done the same thing our hero did with divine divide he would have a weak copy of boosted gear. I like dragons and the armor types from the series so when they didnt have much info for that gear and it had me thinking how would you improve on something like that
Not really, remember that the Boosted Gear has 2 abilities, Boost (Doubles user power multipliable times) and Gift (Power transfer). While Azazel's artificial Sacred Gear, Down Fall Dragon Spear, has never shown any sort of ability other the power to go into Balance Breaker. It's possible any sort of ability was sacrificed in order for it to have a Balance Breaker form. And Twice Critical is a Sacred Gear that doubles the power of the user for a certain time, nothing like the Boosted Gear's Boost ability.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 01:06   Link #663
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
yes but a sub race of it would have the same abilities as boosted gear but the person would have a mutated form as shown with mutiiple arms each doubling the power of the user besides if the dragon had been sealed in the gear twice critical and had the same balance breaker form

the gears function would then be a weaker version of boosted gear dont forget boosted gear started out looking like twice critical and while the increase in power is only for a time it is the same for boosted gears base form it can only powerup the person for a time remember 10 seconds of power in the balace breaker before he mastered it
chrono25 is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 11:35   Link #664
sammy850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Volume 14 (Don't no whether it complete or not)

sammy850 is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 12:31   Link #665
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy850 View Post
Volume 14 (Don't no whether it complete or not)
It just came out last week. Give them some time.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now  
Old 2013-01-28, 17:03   Link #666
Fallian
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
n@mn already post up life 0 and life 1 for volume 14 in his blog site.
Fallian is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 19:37   Link #667
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
yes but a sub race of it would have the same abilities as boosted gear but the person would have a mutated form as shown with mutiiple arms each doubling the power of the user besides if the dragon had been sealed in the gear twice critical and had the same balance breaker form

the gears function would then be a weaker version of boosted gear dont forget boosted gear started out looking like twice critical and while the increase in power is only for a time it is the same for boosted gears base form it can only powerup the person for a time remember 10 seconds of power in the balace breaker before he mastered it
It would actaully be a weak and only partially finished version of booster gear since it would still be missing the transfer power ability and would be a very cheap imitation at that since it probably couldn't do more then 4 power boosts even in BB.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 19:52   Link #668
Red_Zeal_Knight
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
It really seem like most Longinus are only SG's had their limiter removed and have a second ability
So mostly likely there are normal SG version of all Longinus but normal version can never be better than the Longinus ones.
Red_Zeal_Knight is offline  
Old 2013-01-28, 22:00   Link #669
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
that is true nothing compares to the 13 but I got to say if that dragon had been sealed in that gear and depending on the other skills or powers the user had he could stand toe to toe with those other armor types even if it was only for a few min.

they dont go much into detail but what is the power difference between dragon king and heavenly dragon

Last edited by chrono25; 2013-01-28 at 22:11.
chrono25 is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 00:12   Link #670
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
that is true nothing compares to the 13 but I got to say if that dragon had been sealed in that gear and depending on the other skills or powers the user had he could stand toe to toe with those other armor types even if it was only for a few min.

they dont go much into detail but what is the power difference between dragon king and heavenly dragon
Dragon King = Ultimate class Devil

Heavenly Dragon > Ultimate Class God
__________________
XFire is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 02:51   Link #671
sammy850
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Does anyone have any idea why there is a color illustration of Sona Kaichou in naked apron in vol 14
sammy850 is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 03:01   Link #672
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy850 View Post
Does anyone have any idea why there is a color illustration of Sona Kaichou in naked apron in vol 14
It's because Miyama-Zero was busy, so he couldnt draw that much illustration. So the publisher reused the same picture which have been used years ago.
PS: The naked apron NEVER happened in DxD story(Including short stories).
__________________
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 05:58   Link #673
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Prediction- By the 17th novel mark Ravel will have the biggest proportions in the series.
__________________
Drkz is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 19:18   Link #674
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
that is true nothing compares to the 13 but I got to say if that dragon had been sealed in that gear and depending on the other skills or powers the user had he could stand toe to toe with those other armor types even if it was only for a few min.

they dont go much into detail but what is the power difference between dragon king and heavenly dragon
Well I wouldn't underestimate the regular sacred gears either they could be quite deadly with the right user take Twice Critical if somebody with strength and touki of Sairaorg had it they'd be close to unstoppable.

Also I'm thinking there may be a 14th Longinus soon in the form of Saji's 4 Vritra Sacred Gears fusing with the soul jewel to form a new sacred gear. Saji seemed to have Vritra under control in Vol 12.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 19:22   Link #675
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
It's because Miyama-Zero was busy, so he couldnt draw that much illustration. So the publisher reused the same picture which have been used years ago.
PS: The naked apron NEVER happened in DxD story(Including short stories).
N0m@n, actually that is not correct. Remember volume 3, Life 3 part 6. Unless you are talking about Sona alone than that is correct, though if you mean never as a whole in the DXD story line than no. Or are you purposefully pulling my leg with sarcasm and got me hooked by responding back seriously.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-01-29 at 19:34.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 19:46   Link #676
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I guess the false sacred gears power out put could be improved overtime by studying the the more common sacred gear and some of the rare ones like twilight healing.

the one weakness the downfall dragon spear had was it wasnt connected to the user in the same way normal gears are when they draw upon the users energy to repair any damage done to them
chrono25 is offline  
Old 2013-01-29, 22:12   Link #677
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
I guess the false sacred gears power out put could be improved overtime by studying the the more common sacred gear and some of the rare ones like twilight healing.

the one weakness the downfall dragon spear had was it wasnt connected to the user in the same way normal gears are when they draw upon the users energy to repair any damage done to them
Well one thing to keep in mind is that the downfall dragon spear was a prototype artificial sacred gears and mainly intended just to imitate the scail mail armor itself. Most of the artificial sacred gears will be seeing from here on out will probably be a different breed design for long term use and will develop BB overtime.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-30, 23:40   Link #678
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
each of the dragon kings seen to play to a different role on their powers Vritra had more talents and tannin was more destructive and Fafnir seems more balanced .
chrono25 is offline  
Old 2013-01-31, 20:23   Link #679
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
each of the dragon kings seen to play to a different role on their powers Vritra had more talents and tannin was more destructive and Fafnir seems more balanced .
That maybe true of the dragons themselves but the down fall spear hasn't been shown to using any sort of attack on itself Azazel either used his fallen angel powers or Blazer Shining Aura Darkness Blade. So that raises some doubts about it's attack ability.
GundamFan is offline  
Old 2013-01-31, 22:32   Link #680
chrono25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
yeah but from what I have read about him on the wiki along with the other dragon kings mentioned it would seem he is somewhere in the middle in the power ratings .
chrono25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.