AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-31, 12:07   Link #881
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm still reading through the volumes, but it seems pretty obvious that Issei's character really has nowhere to go but down after volume 11 (only half way through it). Once he faced his inner demons caused by Reynalle, his character could only do one of two things. One: fully embrace his harem, or two: become a pissy, generic harem lead like Ichika. The former would seemingly signal the end of the series, so it felt obvious the latter would occur.
Vol. 14 says you're wrong.

Basically, what seems to be the focus of his character development from now on is actually becoming a harem king instead of a guy with a bunch of girls around him. Right now he basically gets pulled along with the flow. He and several other characters have said that he needs to learn how to at least partially take charge in those situations.
__________________
XFire is offline  
Old 2013-06-01, 04:38   Link #882
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
So he's spoilt because he misses his girlfriend? That makes absolutely no sense. How on Earth does that make him spoilt?
Thats the biggest issue hes now whinging about. Christ he always talks about wanting a harem, and he even had NOTHING to begin with 6 months ago. Noone even cared about him (not even his family). Now hes at the stage where he *may* go to bed alone, but he wakes up in the morning covered in bitches. They all love being by his side. But here he is playing a fiddle because Rias has gone away for 2 weeks.

I liked the Issie who would taunt his two best mates about how he gets to walk to school with Asia morning/afternoon, wake up in a bed covered in bitches. He was quite down to earth and could be serious at the right times. But now he just whinges about everything. He seems to be leaving the path of the harem dream for a RaisxIssie thing. The turning point was probably when Rias had the hissy fit over being called Bouhou when it was her who told him to call her that in the first place. The most easiest fix to that ?? Rias asking Issie to call her by first name now, simple right? . Issies been also turning into a hypicrite lately too.

as I've said, hes started dieing as a character to me. If it keeps up, he'll probably join the many other annoying protags out there. The ones I rarely like
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline  
Old 2013-06-01, 13:17   Link #883
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Thats the biggest issue hes now whinging about. Christ he always talks about wanting a harem, and he even had NOTHING to begin with 6 months ago. Noone even cared about him (not even his family). Now hes at the stage where he *may* go to bed alone, but he wakes up in the morning covered in bitches. They all love being by his side. But here he is playing a fiddle because Rias has gone away for 2 weeks.

I liked the Issie who would taunt his two best mates about how he gets to walk to school with Asia morning/afternoon, wake up in a bed covered in bitches. He was quite down to earth and could be serious at the right times. But now he just whinges about everything. He seems to be leaving the path of the harem dream for a RaisxIssie thing. The turning point was probably when Rias had the hissy fit over being called Bouhou when it was her who told him to call her that in the first place. The most easiest fix to that ?? Rias asking Issie to call her by first name now, simple right? . Issies been also turning into a hypicrite lately too.

as I've said, hes started dieing as a character to me. If it keeps up, he'll probably join the many other annoying protags out there. The ones I rarely like

i think that the principal mission of Ise is to make happy the girls who fall in love with him(that he dont know yet, by Raynare situation), because if we read the history, Ise don't declare his love for the girls, he just said at the begin ignoring all, that he desire to create an team of girls to has an harem, when Rias questin him what is his desire?.

And with the advance of the story, The priorities of Ise are changing little by little, for example, now his prinpipal value in a fight is protect his friends no matter the cost.

Last edited by WILD_LION; 2013-06-01 at 16:13.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 00:55   Link #884
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
i think that the principal mission of Ise is to make happy the girls who fall in love with him(that he dont know yet, by Raynare situation), because if we read the history, Ise don't declare his love for the girls, he just said at the begin ignoring all, that he desire to create an team of girls to has an harem, when Rias questin him what is his desire?.

And with the advance of the story, The priorities of Ise are changing little by little, for example, now his prinpipal value in a fight is protect his friends no matter the cost.
that including sacrificing his self in exchange like the time in vol 7 when he thinking in using juggernaut drive coz he doesnt want his friends to die in front of his eyes well its doesnt havent activated it luckily coz vali appear to help him ^_^

that why all the girls, friend and enemy attracts and have respected due to his selfless act to protect even he knows its own weakness even great red and ophis has been attracted to it -_-
kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 10:13   Link #885
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
That is true, but for now, Isse need to find a new dragon teacher who help him to train, because the normal physical training is not enough to awakening his new powers.

Or maybe a mortal battle where Isse can create a miracle.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 12:13   Link #886
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't think Issei needs any drastic training, at least for the moment. He still has a lot of work to do with stabilizing his true queen. He is also working on that dragon-slayer shot and he expressed an interest in learning magic. He already has a lot going on.

Plus he is strong enough already that he overshadows most of the Gremory group. So a couple volumes without Issei getting an absurd power-up would do the series good imo.

If that whole contract with Le Fay thing works out maybe he can start learning magic from her in the background. Nothing crazy though.
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 12:21   Link #887
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Isse with magic, i don't see him like a user of magic, because it requires a lot of calculations to work. And to stabilizing his true queen, we must remember that he activate his armor by first time toching rias oppai after a very hard training with Tannin, and his crimson armor during a mortal battle.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 12:22   Link #888
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I don't think Issei needs any drastic training, at least for the moment. He still has a lot of work to do with stabilizing his true queen. he is also working on that dragon-slayer shot and he expressed an interest in learning magic. He already has a lot going on.

Plus he is so strong enough already that he overshadows most of the Gremory group. So a couple volumes without Issei getting an absurd power-up would do the series good imo.

If that whole contract with Le Fay thing works out maybe he can start learning magic from her in the background. Nothing crazy though.
True no need for an insane power up, I agree with all your statements. Ise has not perfected most of his power moves anyhow, True Queen is one. The other modes of Balance Breakers have not been perfected either. Ise is certainly a front line fighter, more so a brawler or in your face fighter. Coupled with the discovery of transforming his body into a Dragon parts, he can experiment to see what he can do. He doesn't need to learn how to use Ascalon since he can use the dragon slaying ability towards his armor. The story of Ascalon is that it was mentioned to be a lance, Ise could try to see if Ascalon can be turn into a different weapon like gauntlets.

He could try to increase his basic states, you know the typical MMO stats of Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma, Wisdom, Will Power, Perception, and Luck.
ReaperxKingx is online now  
Old 2013-06-05, 13:39   Link #889
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
You are telling it yourself, all the points must be improved, and that is the reason he need a teacher who guide him how to do it, because Azazel told to every one that this case had never been presented in history and no records to guide them. That is the reason that for now Isse is following the suggestions of Rias, Draig and his friends to train.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 14:33   Link #890
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Personally, I think that for sometime, the story will be about the rest of the Gremory group receiving some progress, rather then Ise receiving a new power up.

Naturally, he will probably still get, some development in that regard, but it will be at a slower rate, compared to the other members of the Gremory group, who I believe ... need to catch up to Ise, a little bit.

As for Ise having a teacher ... personally I think that he needs quite a lot of them, to actually properly develop his powers.

The reason why I think like that, is caused by the fact that Ise already has a quite lot of area's that he can develop.

If I have to put a summary on some of the things that Ise could develop and the "teachers" who could help him with that ... it would be:

1.) Kiba's master Souji Okita, or someone with a good knowledge about Holy Swords ... to give Ise a few pointers on how to effectively use Ascalon's powers.

2.) Ophis, Old man Tannin, Great Red ... to teach Ise some techniques related with his dragon powers. that he obtained along with his current body.

3.) Le Fay, Kuroka or someone else with good knowledge about magic ... to give Ise a few pointers to improve his magic attacks.

4.) Rias, Akeno, Sirzechs ... more or less, someone with good knowledge about Devil related powers ... to give Ise a few pointers on how to use the powers that come from his Devil nature.

Of course ... I'm pretty aware ... of the fact that Ise can't become an expert in all of those area's ... he would probably need to spend a few thousand years to achieve that, but I what I wanted to point out that due to his multiple nature and various different abilities, that Ise could develop ... there probably doesn't exist a teacher who can improve Ise's stats in all of those area's.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 15:09   Link #891
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Azazel is already doing a pretty good job as a sort of general trainer. There is very little he doesn't know, and he has done a pretty good job of pushing Issei in the right direction. If he can't do it himself he at least knows how it works. Individual trainers are more of a "special technique" thing, and as far as Issei's next big upgrade (Great Red/Ophis's powers and/or a subspecies) there is really no one who can help him more. His body is unique, so what he can do is mostly speculation even for the characters.
__________________
bludvein is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 15:58   Link #892
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
It's funny.
I just realize that what Isse say in this vol , about Rias don't be there to sleep with her are similar a what she said during his training with the Dragon King .

Also people talk about Isse new body, CCQ(that I love) , Ascalon, Magic for Isse next power up , but you guys seem to forgot about Isse Divine Gear .
From what I remember he still need to master this power , the power that he stolen from Ablion/Vali.

Anyway, about Isse new body I agree with bludvein, I think this is something that Isse need to understand by itself.
Soji is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 18:12   Link #893
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
It's funny.
I just realize that what Isse say in this vol , about Rias don't be there to sleep with her are similar a what she said during his training with the Dragon King .

Also people talk about Isse new body, CCQ(that I love) , Ascalon, Magic for Isse next power up , but you guys seem to forgot about Isse Divine Gear .
From what I remember he still need to master this power , the power that he stolen from Ablion/Vali.

Anyway, about Isse new body I agree with bludvein, I think this is something that Isse need to understand by itself.
To Isse discover the secrets of the powers by himself while he do normal physical training, i dont think so, maybe in a mortal battle but with the help of Draig. That the others members are improving, it is ok, but Ise need find the way to exceed them, because if he dont do it then he will not be Isse(The Men must protect the woman).
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 19:51   Link #894
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
To Isse discover the secrets of the powers by himself while he do normal physical training, i dont think so, maybe in a mortal battle but with the help of Draig. That the others members are improving, it is ok, but Ise need find the way to exceed them, because if he dont do it then he will not be Isse(The Men must protect the woman).
cao cao and indra did mention that issei is the most dangerous sekiryuutei because he doesnt tempted to use his power in destruction instead he used his power to protect like vali unlike there previous user of there longinus

and issei used his power in different way maybe that why he special and he also a bit of too much good luck and attraction in getting people to acknowledge him, getting more enemy and girls

maybe his next power up will be regarding divide divining as ss, upgrade of ascalon or the complete form of ccq ....
kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 22:23   Link #895
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
I was searching, and that i found is that the next Isse improvement will be the abilities of Longinus "Divine Dividing", the Hakuryuukou powers, i read it in Volume 12 Afterword. The autor has planed that isse find the way of how use the powers of Albion without damage his mutation life, that go from zero to infinite in this moments of the story.
Well, i think it.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 22:50   Link #896
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Well, Divine Dividing seems to be the lowest master rating in Ise's moves due to the obvious risks. Though I see possibility. When it comes to battles with comrades, Ise is force into the choice of either strengthening himself vs strengthening his comrades, don't think he would be able to do both. With Divine Dividing, Ise could use energy absorb from enemies to strengthen his comrades or the opposite of using it for himself.
ReaperxKingx is online now  
Old 2013-06-05, 23:05   Link #897
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Well, there is nothing preventing Ise from developing a few things at the same time... it all, depends on his motivation ... and how difficult the "task" is going to be.

While, I agree that Divine Dividing is going to be the first upgrade that Ise is going to make ... he can always combine it, with some improvements in his true queen form, along with some development in Ise's dragon related powers + some more improvements in using dragon slaying powers in his attacks.

After all ... I don't think that Ise would be capable of matching Grendel's strength (or the person who will become the main antagonist of the current arc) if he doesn't develop a few aspects of his power, at the same time.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-06-05, 23:10   Link #898
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, there is nothing preventing Ise from developing a few things at the same time... it all, depends on his motivation ... and how difficult the "task" is going to be.

While, I agree that Divine Dividing is going to be the first upgrade that Ise is going to make ... he can always combine it, with some improvements in his true queen form, along with some development in Ise's dragon related powers + some more improvements in using dragon slaying powers in his attacks.

After all ... I don't think that Ise would be capable of matching Grendel's strength (or the person who will become the main antagonist of the current arc) if he doesn't develop a few aspects of his power, at the same time.
When you think about it Divine Dividing seems to work best for an individual while Boost Gear seems to be best for a team. Ise now has both abilities thus he can be something much more fearsome than Ddraig and Albion because alone, those two require a lot of people with the power of a Maou to stop them. Imagine a being with both abilities. Both abilities works on power, one that divides your enemies power and you take the power absorbed in (defensive style works best due to your weakening your opponent and becoming stronger at the same time) while the other multiply your power (much faster than divine diving and thus offensive style is the best), Of course there is a restriction on power intake because it depends how much power the user can take, Ise can take a lot but he has not breach the wall of Ddraig normal strength indicated by Grendal when taking a direct hit from Ise in powered rook state.
ReaperxKingx is online now  
Old 2013-06-06, 00:28   Link #899
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Um, in case everyone missed it, Issei got a huge power-up in vol 14. He can now enter Balance Breaker instantly. Its been stated multiple times that the period while preparing his armor is his largest weak point, and it is no longer there.
__________________
XFire is offline  
Old 2013-06-06, 00:32   Link #900
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
I got my limited edition several days ago, but I was busy with my exams(actually I still am..).
Anyway, here are simple spoilers.
https://shincodezeroblog.wordpress.c.../06/volume-15/
__________________
n0m@n is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.