AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-11, 10:39   Link #1041
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
His era is coming to a end because you wont find single individual as powerful as he is , it the beginning of a ERA of group of potential individual , like the gremory group or sitri group. it like LONER ERA DONE , yay for the GROUP ERA
Maybe that is the reason of the power growing of the Gremory Team and not just Issei in this arc (The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions)
Old 2013-06-11, 11:00   Link #1042
Chris38

^

and it might also suggest that the future Devil government (along with the other 2 fractions) won't be concentrated on just a single powerful individual, but rather be governed with the power of a "group" of people.
Old 2013-06-11, 16:28   Link #1043
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I must be the only one who doesnt want Issie to take up the Gremony name <.< I want a Harem path.
not just you. I think he'll keep his own name but his children with Rias will be named Gremory

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-06-11 at 16:40.
Old 2013-06-11, 19:27   Link #1044
Somethindarker
The Man.

Why is it so hard to digest that Issei will Issei Gremory in the underworld and Rias will be Rias Hyoudou on earth? That's the first thing that came to mind when I read through the novels the first time, It's been said here like 200 times. People are dwelling on this too much.
Old 2013-06-11, 20:01   Link #1045
bludvein

Its about equally common in Japan to take the surname of the wife's family as it is the man's. Since the Gremory's are obviously more well off and influential its pretty much expected for Issei to take their name. It's not a big deal, and he will still have his harem regardless. Not sure where you got that he couldn't have a harem if he takes their name. Rias' father also has one, if the mother's commentary is anything to go by.
Old 2013-06-11, 20:20   Link #1046
XFire
Harem Seeker

Not that I mind the lovely argument we're having, but as far as the Underworld is concerned Ise is "Issei Gremory" already.

It's the name listed in the Chichiryutei credits, remember?
Old 2013-06-11, 20:29   Link #1047
Somethindarker
The Man.

I could care less either way don't know why people are dwelling on his name change.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:48   Link #1048
WILD_LION

There is something i don't understand about the Title to be Head of Family: Why when Sirzechs became the "Satan Lucifer", Lord Gremory lost his right to become the Head of the Gremory Clan?
Old 2013-06-11, 22:57   Link #1049
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
There is something i don't understand about the Title to be Head of Family: Why when Sirzechs became the "Satan Lucifer", Lord Gremory lost his right to become the Head of the Gremory Clan?
I think it's you who misunderstood something.

Lord Gremory is still the head of the Gremory clan.

It's Sirzches who has lost the right to become the next head of the clan, due to him becoming the Maou ... since, you can't be a Maou and a head of one of the Pilar clan's at the same time - causing a change in the "inheritance" cycle of the Gremory clan, which forced Rias to become the heir to the title of the head of the clan after Lord Gremory passes away / gives up his current position.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:45   Link #1050
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think it's you who misunderstood something.

Lord Gremory is still the head of the Gremory clan.

It's Sirzches who has lost the right to become the next head of the clan, due to him becoming the Maou ... since, you can't be a Maou and a head of one of the Pilar clan's at the same time - causing a change in the "inheritance" cycle of the Gremory clan, which forced Rias to become the heir to the title of the head of the clan after Lord Gremory passes away / gives up his current position.
Seriously, then the site that I read yesterday was wrong, I began to investigate about the titles for the discussion of future Issei title and i find that in a site, but in this moments of the story issei is just begining to think about the importance to have a title after the Vampire discussion.
Old 2013-06-12, 11:25   Link #1051
bodo
Essence of life ... oppai

Quote:
Seriously, then the site that I read yesterday was wrong, I began to investigate about the titles for the discussion of future Issei title and i find that in a site, but in this moments of the story issei is just begining to think about the importance to have a title after the Vampire discussion.
You are almost right ...
The title and Social status are two different things, title is a name given to a chosen one, and social status is the place were you are positioned in society and is more important than the title.
Issei already has a title: Sekiryuutei, but lacks the upper social status which is important when you have to deal with other factions (Elmenhilde said that Issei is the Sekiryuutei, but because of his status he has no right to question her ...).
Even if Issei is the Sekiryuutei (title which weighs the same as Maoh or God) he can't say his point of view because right now he is still a middle class devil.
Old 2013-06-12, 11:38   Link #1052
peinmaximus@

guys,all of us know that if ise want he easily can kill ermenhilde and her bodyguards(of vol 14) together.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:09   Link #1053
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
guys,all of us know that if ise want he easily can kill ermenhilde and her bodyguards(of vol 14) together.
If he wanted , i guess he could try , but see .. the fact she showed up and acted like a straight out B***h she might not be that easy to kill , she was way to confident .. plus even if she was to die she isn't alone , she wouldn't come willingly somewhere knowing she might be at risk..
Old 2013-06-12, 15:26   Link #1054
WILD_LION

Well, Beginning a new speculation, what do you think of Le Fay?
How do you think she will react to the words of Kuroka?
Old 2013-06-12, 15:29   Link #1055
Tchadnis

Quote:
Ise is too weak to say no , he may actually want to agree to it , but the Gremory , Rias and the group may not let it be , after all he has to pick a magician that won't shame his name , nor the whole Gremory name
Old 2013-06-12, 15:34   Link #1056
Chris38

Quote:
Judging from the picture that shows this particular scene ... she's ... embarrassed / a little nervous / and hopes that Ise will actually agree to this proposal.

If I have to describe it in only a few words ... it's the feeling you get, when you suddenly hear a proposal that would allow you to get closer to the person you have a pretty big crush on.

@Tchadnis

Why would be they against it ... I know that Le Fay is a terrorist group, but her having a pact with Ise, would provide the Gremory clan with a way, to monitor the actions of Vali's team + maybe a few other organizations that hide in the shadows.

Overall, I doubt that the author would mention something like this, if there would be nothing happening, as a result of the discussed proposition.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:34   Link #1057
WILD_LION

Quote:
Ise is too weak to say no , he may actually want to agree to it , but the Gremory , Rias and the group may not let it be , after all he has to pick a magician that won't shame his name , nor the whole Gremory name
It is true, but i was referring to how will react Lefay?, I said if she will show interest in it with full energy like Ravel(as his manager), or she will react so embarrassed with red face, etc

because in the picture i don't know if she is embarrassed for see Issei with just pants and Kuroka half-naked
Old 2013-06-12, 15:38   Link #1058
sky black swordman

Quote:
If he wanted , i guess he could try , but see .. the fact she showed up and acted like a straight out B***h she might not be that easy to kill , she was way to confident .. plus even if she was to die she isn't alone , she wouldn't come willingly somewhere knowing she might be at risk..
I have my doubts that she (even if something had gone down) was strong enough to fight or beat certain individuals present there let alone Issei.

Most of her confidence came from her status, rank, and the fact that she was an "special envoy" from the Carmilla-faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo View Post
You are almost right ...
The title and Social status are two different things, title is a name given to a chosen one, and social status is the place were you are positioned in society and is more important than the title.
Issei already has a title: Sekiryuutei, but lacks the upper social status which is important when you have to deal with other factions (Elmenhilde said that Issei is the Sekiryuutei, but because of his status he has no right to question her ...).
Even if Issei is the Sekiryuutei (title which weighs the same as Maoh or God) he can't say his point of view because right now he is still a middle class devil.
This may never change in the eyes of certain faction like the Vampire faction for one, even if Issei is the Sekiryuutei and lets say he does become a high class or ultimate class devil, he will still be seen by many as a servant of Rias Gremory. Which is something that Elmenhilde pointed out in way when she spoke to Issei.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-06-12 at 15:52.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:48   Link #1059
WILD_LION

Quote:
Judging from the picture that shows this particular scene ... she's ... embarrassed / a little nervous / and hopes that Ise will actually agree to this proposal.

If I have to describe it in only a few words ... it's the feeling you get, when you suddenly hear a proposal that would allow you to get closer to the person you have a pretty big crush on.

@Tchadnis

Why would be they against it ... I know that Le Fay is a terrorist group, but her having a pact with Ise, would provide the Gremory clan with a way, to monitor the actions of Vali's team + maybe a few other organizations that hide in the shadows.

Overall, I doubt that the author would mention something like this, if there would be nothing happening, as a result of the discussed proposition.
Yeah, If my memory doesn't fail, There was a similar case with Koneko, who was accused like a criminal and Gremory family saved her.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:51   Link #1060
Tchadnis

Quote:

@Tchadnis

it true , they never seem to give not needed information , i am sure he has it all planned out , but i am pessimistic on how easy this might turn out ..

Quote:
It is true, but i was referring to how will react Lefay?, I said if she will show interest in it with full energy like Ravel(as his manager), or she will react so embarrassed with red face, etc

because in the picture i don't know if she is embarrassed for see Issei with just pants and Kuroka half-naked
I think she would be ok with it , she is oppai dragon fan . lol and everybody know Ise a lecher and Kuroka a tease haha that a bad mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I have my doubts that she (even if something had gone down) was strong enough to fight or beat certain individuals present there let alone Issei.

Most of her confidence came from her status, rank, and the fact that she was an "special envoy" from the Carmilla-faction.
It could be tru but all we know is that vampire are troublesome enemy , they aren't that easy to kill , maybe she has things up her sleeve ?

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life