AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-01, 22:50   Link #1321
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
I was factoring in that Sonas peerage has added 2 new members in the mini grim reaper and the werewolf dude. From what we've seen so far of grim reapers low class reapers are comparable to middle class devils and so forth, so it's a possibility that she would be fairly powerful. The werewolf on the other hand I have no idea, from what I've read of the author and his patterns it's expected that Loup Garou is going to be comparable in strength to at least Sairorge without his Balance Breaker. But yea in a straight up group vs group no holds barred the edge is definitely in Rias' favor, but (I hate to compare her to Batman) if Sona has prep time(which in most cases rating games do), I'm sure she could sneak a victory 2 out of 10 times. In a theoretical battle Rias wins 9/10 times by my estimate. But right now there's no way to accurately measure since we don't know the extent of the power ups Sona's group had and how strong the new group members are.
Its true that we don't know the strength of the two new members, yet we also don't the strength of the Gremory either. The battle of the rogue magicians showed more abilities of the Sitri than the Gremory because it was about bringing down the Magicians with the least amount of damage. Quite similar to the rating game with Gremory vs. Sitri though its them together. Gremory group specialize in offensive power so we didn't get a clear grasp of how powerful the Gremory is at the present, they all got stronger. Due to Ise dying, the Gremory group is now training to fight actual battles or war than play in the rating games thus one can infer that the tactics and new moves developed by the Gremory group in the background of volume 14 will be moves and tactics not allowed in rating games due to the offensives power that can bypass the protection of the rating game and effectively kill opponents. It kind of obvious we will see how much development that Gremory group have gain in volume 15 (most likely a glimpse) and volume 16 because there happen to be a large scale war and the Gremory group specialize in war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
That's the thing it's waay too early to tell if anything the vampire arc is going to overlap with volume 17, I only say that because in most cases the pattern Ishibumi usually uses hasn't been followed. Most of the time it's
Beginning of arc>Skirmish>refelection>echi>in house drama>echi>character developement>echi>training>foreshadowing of next enemy>big battle>echi power up>fight over>echi>conclusion>rinse and repeat. Most of the time like with CaoCao or Khaos Brigade there are clues(that aren't necessarily hidden let's be honest Ishibumi is no Paluchniak or Ellis) spread around the story. For now we know that Vampires are a potential enemy, so I'm betting that the main enemy of the next volume will be the same as the one in vol.17. Considering the norse people of way back when they'd respect the christian faction as long as they are strong.
It is a bit too early I will admit. Though we can infer on lore a little bit to get some history on them. Relationship of Norse Gods and Goddesses with each other can be interesting before the release. It will give some clues to the personalities with them. Information of sacred weapons and items can be interesting if one were to list them out and infer how can it ties to the story. Even though it is early, there is a lot of speculation that can happen. While we cannot speculate clearly with relationship of Devils and Nores, the Gremory and Norse and such. It will be good to have some background information.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-05, 23:32   Link #1322
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Hello, everyone. I'm new here so please go easy on me.
Can I ask a question ? About the system of Gods in the Dxd verse. If all the myths and religion are true then how can them coexist within a long period of time? Won't there be any war between different factions or something? All in the story, it seem the only War ever happen is the war of the Bible faction.
And if every myths are true then who created human?
Trung-t-rung is offline  
Old 2013-07-05, 23:39   Link #1323
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Hello, everyone. I'm new here so please go easy on me.
Can I ask a question ? About the system of Gods in the Dxd verse. If all the myths and religion are true then how can them coexist within a long period of time? Won't there be any war between different factions or something? All in the story, it seem the only War ever happen is the war of the Bible faction.
And if every myths are true then who created human?
Well lets say some parts of the myths and folklore are true with some special magic from the author. A Devil's normal life span is a 1000 years. So base on that, it seems likely that there were numerous wars. It is already hinted that Hindu and Christianity had a war which Christianity was the outcome winner. Currently there is a civil war with the Vampire Race.

The myth of who created humans haven't been touched. Though it is already seems unlikely that God created humans seeing that even Michael had to tweak the God System to make more angels.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-06, 04:50   Link #1324
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Hello, everyone. I'm new here so please go easy on me.
Can I ask a question ? About the system of Gods in the Dxd verse. If all the myths and religion are true then how can them coexist within a long period of time? Won't there be any war between different factions or something? All in the story, it seem the only War ever happen is the war of the Bible faction.
And if every myths are true then who created human?
I think this was explained, volume 4, according to Ddraig," Other religions don’t walk over from their territory and there is an implicit anti-war agreement in place." I think God from the bible created humans in DxD universe. In the same volume, Michael stated that, "It is our duty to guide humans. We members of the Seraph have the same opinion that the most important thing is to watch over the children of God from now on as well, and to guide them.” Due to this, I'm assuming that it was God from the bible that created the human race in DxD.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-07-06, 05:15   Link #1325
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Certainly God from the Bible seems like he is far superior than other Gods(even Chief Gods like Odin and Zeus). He did create Sacred Gear and even Longinus that can kill Gods. Even Loki is questioning why God from the Bible create such things when he was defeated.
__________________
n0m@n is offline  
Old 2013-07-06, 10:31   Link #1326
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well lets say some parts of the myths and folklore are true with some special magic from the author. A Devil's normal life span is a 1000 years. So base on that, it seems likely that there were numerous wars. It is already hinted that Hindu and Christianity had a war which Christianity was the outcome winner. Currently there is a civil war with the Vampire Race.

The myth of who created humans haven't been touched. Though it is already seems unlikely that God created humans seeing that even Michael had to tweak the God System to make more angels.
Actually normal devil lifespans are 10,000 years. Could've sworn that all religions, myths and folk lores were created because of human belief?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I think this was explained, volume 4, according to Ddraig," Other religions don’t walk over from their territory and there is an implicit anti-war agreement in place." I think God from the bible created humans in DxD universe. In the same volume, Michael stated that, "It is our duty to guide humans. We members of the Seraph have the same opinion that the most important thing is to watch over the children of God from now on as well, and to guide them.” Due to this, I'm assuming that it was God from the bible that created the human race in DxD.
Well it's safe to assume that no one religion hovers above the rest, Odin calls Azazel a child and he and Micheal are the oldest, highest ranked and leaders of their factions. What I think happens is that if enough humans believe in any one system then that system is born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Certainly God from the Bible seems like he is far superior than other Gods(even Chief Gods like Odin and Zeus). He did create Sacred Gear and even Longinus that can kill Gods. Even Loki is questioning why God from the Bible create such things when he was defeated.
Well he does seem to be a forward thinker, I speculate he was a lot like Azazel in that he would love his research and be a planner. But we haven't seen enough of him to make an honest ranking in how important or strong he was.


Edit; I place this in the wrong thread so I'll amend this one.
Personally I'd say Issei already has his harem, whether he knows it or not is another question, the trauma he suffered is just about cured. He's been responding to the girls, knows that they love him and actively seeking to make them happy. Someone that is chasing girls for his harem wouldn't kiss, date or bath with them. The days of the oblivious Issei ended with that last "ara" in volume 9 or 10 when Rias walked out on him.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />

Last edited by Somethindarker; 2013-07-06 at 19:36.
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-07-08, 11:05   Link #1327
Heat Exhaustion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Certainly God from the Bible seems like he is far superior than other Gods(even Chief Gods like Odin and Zeus). He did create Sacred Gear and even Longinus that can kill Gods. Even Loki is questioning why God from the Bible create such things when he was defeated.
God is actually the sacred blacksmith. Get it? .
Heat Exhaustion is offline  
Old 2013-07-08, 13:25   Link #1328
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Certainly God from the Bible seems like he is far superior than other Gods(even Chief Gods like Odin and Zeus). He did create Sacred Gear and even Longinus that can kill Gods. Even Loki is questioning why God from the Bible create such things when he was defeated.
And you know there is something wrong when Loki itself say something like this

Though , I can't deny that I wonder the same thing that vol only make me wonder this thing even more.
Soji is offline  
Old 2013-07-08, 22:03   Link #1329
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Here's a small theory I've been toying with for the last couple of weeks.

I think Isseis power-up ability with breasts and the like is just a way instilled by Sirzechs and Azazel to give him the confidence to reach the next apex of his abilities. From what I've read he has low self esteem coupled with the fact that he's surrounded by seemingly invincible and unreachable allies, enemies and goals to contend with. So Azazel being the genius of manipulation and Sirzechs wanting to make sure that Issei grows up to be someone worthy of his sister and household cooked up a plan to have him get a "trump card" so that he could feel like he can contend with them.
Issei has always had a fascination with breasts and it's the only thing he can fixate on and concentrate on no matter the situation, knowing this Azazel used that so Issei can have the confidence to level up no matter the circumstances. Everyone knows that whatever the situation your attitude and confidence is what makes the difference between winning in losing we've all seen footbal teams, boxers, etc; lose because they were either broken mentally by some setbacks allowing the other side to capitalize or not have the confidence to pull the trigger when needed. Look at the past weekend UFC 162. Anderson Silva's strategy has always been to anger his opponents or make everything he does seem easy thus luring the other fighter to either be afraid to be the aggressor thus allowing him to pick them apart or lure them in with frustration/anger this taking advantage of a mistake. Weidman didn't fall for any of that and was calm and collected enough to wait for an opportunity to use his showboating against him.
After Issei achieved balance breaker for the first time Azazel and Sirzechs talked about it like it was a happy coincidence, like it was a side-effect of a plan to instill him with confidence. Like a carrot on a stick experiment where the horse gains 20mph per carrot he eats. MY old MMA trainer would use similar methods to give us confidence during fights, sparring and training things like "Look at him! He's tired! How do you feel?(before I could answer) Great right?! You hooks and uppercuts are the best in the world! You're way better than him! GET HIM".
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-07-08, 22:15   Link #1330
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Here's a small theory I've been toying with for the last couple of weeks.

I think Isseis power-up ability with breasts and the like is just a way instilled by Sirzechs and Azazel to give him the confidence to reach the next apex of his abilities. From what I've read he has low self esteem coupled with the fact that he's surrounded by seemingly invincible and unreachable allies, enemies and goals to contend with. So Azazel being the genius of manipulation and Sirzechs wanting to make sure that Issei grows up to be someone worthy of his sister and household cooked up a plan to have him get a "trump card" so that he could feel like he can contend with them.
Issei has always had a fascination with breasts and it's the only thing he can fixate on and concentrate on no matter the situation, knowing this Azazel used that so Issei can have the confidence to level up no matter the circumstances. Everyone knows that whatever the situation your attitude and confidence is what makes the difference between winning in losing we've all seen footbal teams, boxers, etc; lose because they were either broken mentally by some setbacks allowing the other side to capitalize or not have the confidence to pull the trigger when needed. Look at the past weekend UFC 162. Anderson Silva's strategy has always been to anger his opponents or make everything he does seem easy thus luring the other fighter to either be afraid to be the aggressor thus allowing him to pick them apart or lure them in with frustration/anger this taking advantage of a mistake. Weidman didn't fall for any of that and was calm and collected enough to wait for an opportunity to use his showboating against him.
After Issei achieved balance breaker for the first time Azazel and Sirzechs talked about it like it was a happy coincidence, like it was a side-effect of a plan to instill him with confidence. Like a carrot on a stick experiment where the horse gains 20mph per carrot he eats. MY old MMA trainer would use similar methods to give us confidence during fights, sparring and training things like "Look at him! He's tired! How do you feel?(before I could answer) Great right?! You hooks and uppercuts are the best in the world! You're way better than him! GET HIM".
Seems realistic for the story, though as a reader you get some kind of intuition like that of a women's intuition, my reader's intuition is saying while yes realistic, but don't think it will happen.

I watched the Anderson Silva fight, loved it. I also trained in MMA too as does my girlfriend (I introduce it to her) so I get where you are coming from with that speculation. Though Ise's motivation and mine are quite similar, while Ise just recognize breasts, I recognize the "whole package", it developed to the point of becoming a type of foreplay for us.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-08, 22:51   Link #1331
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Seems realistic for the story, though as a reader you get some kind of intuition like that of a women's intuition, my reader's intuition is saying while yes realistic, but don't think it will happen.

I watched the Anderson Silva fight, loved it. I also trained in MMA too as does my girlfriend (I introduce it to her) so I get where you are coming from with that speculation. Though Ise's motivation and mine are quite similar, while Ise just recognize breasts, I recognize the "whole package", it developed to the point of becoming a type of foreplay for us.
That's all there is, Azazel and Sirzechs just wanted him to have motivation for training hard and fighting hard. The whole power-up thing was just a happy byproduct.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-07-09, 03:06   Link #1332
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Somethindarker@ Honestly I can see them doing something like this , so I would not be surprised if we find out that this is really what happened......but I have to agree with Reaper .

Though , l can see that they thought this and the whole power up/BB was only stroke of luck(like you point out).

Also, Isse low self esteem is both a curse and a blessing........Course when he come to the girls and thanks the trauma we see what happen and how much time he need before be able to tell Rias his feeling.
A blessing because ,he does not underestimate the enemy and we see what happen with Raizer and Cao_Cao both enemy that where stronger that him.
Soji is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 03:13   Link #1333
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Somethindarker@ Honestly I can see them doing something like this , so I would not be surprised if we find out that this is really what happened......but I have to agree with Reaper .

Though , l can see that they thought this and the whole power up/BB was only stroke of luck(like you point out).

Also, Isse low self esteem is both a curse and a blessing........Course when he come to the girls and thanks the trauma we see what happen and how much time he need before be able to tell Rias his feeling.
A blessing because ,he does not underestimate the enemy and we see what happen with Raizer and Cao_Cao both enemy that where stronger that him.
Because Issei is part dragon what I'm guessing is that he imprints on the objects of his affection whether his teammates or friends, I've always found it weird how he becomes possessive of the girls even before he knew they were in love with him or he "confessed" to them. Hopefully the author stops that little personality trait it's the only thing about him that I find unsettling.

But yea, like my grandpa used to say "Easy power comes with even easier surrender, power that comes through suffering is almost indomitable." I'm paraphrasing of course but those words got me through some tough spots back in the day.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 08:22   Link #1334
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Because Issei is part dragon what I'm guessing is that he imprints on the objects of his affection whether his teammates or friends, I've always found it weird how he becomes possessive of the girls even before he knew they were in love with him or he "confessed" to them. Hopefully the author stops that little personality trait it's the only thing about him that I find unsettling.
Well, he really has only showed possessiveness towards Rias ,Akeno, and Asia. But this may be slightly due to what he believed they saw him as and thought of him and the way he saw them as and thought of them. I have barely seen any possessiveness towards Xenovia, Irina, Koneko, Rossweisse and Ravel. And if he was possessive of the girls, he was still willing to or begrudgingly let the girls be with someone else. So long as it was their choice and it was their true feelings. An example of this is in volume 2, Issei mentioned that he was willling to agree with Rias marrying Raiser, so long as it was Rias decision and it was something that she ok and wanted. And that's despite the fact that Issei liked Rias and didn't really want Rias to marry Raiser, who he hated.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 09:42   Link #1335
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, he really has only showed possessiveness towards Rias ,Akeno, and Asia. But this may be slightly due to what he believed they saw him as and thought of him and the way he saw them as and thought of them. I have barely seen any possessiveness towards Xenovia, Irina, Koneko, Rossweisse and Ravel. And if he was possessive of the girls, he was still willing to or begrudgingly let the girls be with someone else. So long as it was their choice and it was their true feelings. An example of this is in volume 2, Issei mentioned that he was willling to agree with Rias marrying Raiser, so long as it was Rias decision and it was something that she ok and wanted. And that's despite the fact that Issei liked Rias and didn't really want Rias to marry Raiser, who he hated.
I think Ise has possessiveness towards all the girls whom he consider close. Rias, Akeno, and Asia are the only girls shown thus far that other male characters have been attracted to. The popularity of Rias and coupled that she is a Princess from the Gremory house will sure rous the attraction of many males in the Underworld either in lust or Prestige that can be gain. Akeno is already popular due to Oppai Dragon and she was already popular before that in the Underworld probably among other low class Devils and Middle Class Devil and even High Class Devil who make want her in their group probably due to lust more than anything else. Asia due to her unique sacred gear of Twilight Healing, she is of course is popular strategically and maybe lustfully due to her ditzy innocent personality among High Class Devils. Low Class and Middle Class would be as well. Pretty much any member of the Gremory group is going to be popular. In the human world all 3 girls are considered Goddesses.

All the other girls may have a lack in popularity due to some parts of their personality. Take for example Rossweisse, she is describe by Ise to have the perfect balance and form in body, but due to her need to save money constantly and nagging personality for things to be done to fit a appropriate manner, not many would tolerant that. Imagine if Rossweisse was in Raiser group, expect many things to change especially Raiser's lust he would probably go into Abstinence without the self restraint part the whole time if she joined. Koneko still has her bad history so that cannot be helped. Xenovia is the type of girl if you ask her directly if you want to have sex, she'll reply "Are you a Dragon or High Tier Warrior, then you earn it with a spar with me" and stern face would probably turn off many males in the Underworld due to not be feminine. Though of course these girls are popular in the human world, but Rossweisse is a teacher so no students and I am pretty sure Japan has something called not relationships in profession so no other teachers despite her popularity. Koneko is just a mascot despite her cute appearance. Xenovia of course being physically stronger and even showing her strength will break the pride of many men.

Nevertheless, like the other girls Ise would not hesitate to do something for them.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 11:11   Link #1336
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Hey friends, i have a question, Do you think that the end of the High School in DxD, will be the end of the story?

Like the author said that he will end the semester in DxD, it means that the third-year girls will go to the college. but I remember that Loup Garou(Sona's Rook) is a College student at Kuoh Academy.

It indicates that there are some school buildings not counting the old school building where is the occult research club and the High School building in the campus? or They are so separated?

How do you think the end of the High School affect the story?
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 13:47   Link #1337
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, he really has only showed possessiveness towards Rias ,Akeno, and Asia. But this may be slightly due to what he believed they saw him as and thought of him and the way he saw them as and thought of them. I have barely seen any possessiveness towards Xenovia, Irina, Koneko, Rossweisse and Ravel. And if he was possessive of the girls, he was still willing to or begrudgingly let the girls be with someone else. So long as it was their choice and it was their true feelings. An example of this is in volume 2, Issei mentioned that he was willling to agree with Rias marrying Raiser, so long as it was Rias decision and it was something that she ok and wanted. And that's despite the fact that Issei liked Rias and didn't really want Rias to marry Raiser, who he hated.
As of now, vol. 10 and upwards, I don't mind so much that he's a bit possessive he's furthered his relationship with all the girls to an extent it's expected even . But the scene that really made me facepalm at the author and ask "really?... you made him do that?" was during one of Isseis autograph sessions in the underworld and a little kid, Issei mentioned him being 6-7 I think, grabbed Rias' boob making Issei to actually get mad enough for Rias to notice. That got a "Wow" and a "Facepalm" from me. Funny thing is that's happened to me before with my wife, we were at local grocery store and a little boy runs up to her and hugs her chest, really buried his face in there, while she's crouched down checking on some peas. His mom, also had a fairly large bust, runs up and apologized. We laughed and brushed it off the incident as boys will be boys. But not Issei he actually had to be calmed by Rias. That's kind of why I'd like the story to end and follow a different character or follow a more mature Issei during college after he's gotten laid a few time, that trope of "stupid main character" is the only gripe I have in this story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Hey friends, i have a question, Do you think that the end of the High School in DxD, will be the end of the story?
Maybe. Author has said he's not sure whether to follow Issei to college or follow completely new characters in the same universe. Then again maybe the author will end it completely and focus on the other novel he's working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Like the author said that he will end the semester in DxD, it means that the third-year girls will go to the college. but I remember that Loup Garou(Sona's Rook) is a College student at Kuoh Academy.

It indicates that there are some school buildings not counting the old school building where is the occult research club and the High School building in the campus? or They are so separated?
Seperate campus, from the looks of the map of the school during season one there is no way that the college campus could fit in with the high school one, my step mom was born and raised in Japan and the school she went to had 4 campus' elementary, middle school, high school and college campus'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
How do you think the end of the High School affect the story?
For now probably not much. They'll probably still live together and school life hasn't really been mentioned much in the story other than some scenes with Isseis friends,the school trip and festival. If the story moves onto College DxD I feel the story will turn slightly darker, mature and serious.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 14:06   Link #1338
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Hopefully, he'll have Issei strike out on his own as a King soon. He keeps spending what seems like pages per volume with Issei thinking about how he'll have to do all these things once he's independent, but there's a chance we won't even get to the point of that happening. This would also allow for some characters to get "written out" to a certain extent, while also bringing in upwards of 12 more characters (for his harem).

Don't see this happening though, since it'd require quite a jump in maturity from him.
GDB is online now  
Old 2013-07-11, 19:17   Link #1339
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
As of now, vol. 10 and upwards, I don't mind so much that he's a bit possessive he's furthered his relationship with all the girls to an extent it's expected even . But the scene that really made me facepalm at the author and ask "really?... you made him do that?" was during one of Isseis autograph sessions in the underworld and a little kid, Issei mentioned him being 6-7 I think, grabbed Rias' boob making Issei to actually get mad enough for Rias to notice. That got a "Wow" and a "Facepalm" from me. Funny thing is that's happened to me before with my wife, we were at local grocery store and a little boy runs up to her and hugs her chest, really buried his face in there, while she's crouched down checking on some peas. His mom, also had a fairly large bust, runs up and apologized. We laughed and brushed it off the incident as boys will be boys. But not Issei he actually had to be calmed by Rias. That's kind of why I'd like the story to end and follow a different character or follow a more mature Issei during college after he's gotten laid a few time, that trope of "stupid main character" is the only gripe I have in this story.
Well, I kind of saw that as Issei behaving and acting the way that Rias originally treated him and what she labeled him. Originally, Rias treated him as a pet (at least that's what it felt like to him) of sorts and labeled him as an idiotic little brother. These two things stuck with him throughtout the story and later became his reasons for explaining for Rias advances. Because of this, Rias became not only the girl he was in love with and long for, but his owner and his older sister. You could also the fact she was his sempai (senior), who he greatly admired. So that little boy was not only just grabbing the breasts of the girl he loves but also his owner, older sister and sempai. If you add this altogether, this posssibly could explain why he was so possessive of Rias.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-07-11 at 23:01.
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-07-11, 23:28   Link #1340
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Regarding this discussion, of how long the novels are going to last, I would say that there are two factor's that determine this:

1.) It's the works popularity ... I see no problem's in that regard, since this novel is already quite popular, and the release of the second season of the anime is probably going to increase it's popularity.

2. It's the "quality" of the story ... after all, there is a limit of things that the author can do, until the story starts getting repetitive and starts having the feeling of being dragged out.

After all, there is a finite amount of myths / potential enemies that the author can use , and the same can be said about the echii situations that Ise gets involved in.

There is also the point of reader's becoming attached to the characters that have already been introduced and developed in the novel's, so creating an entire new set of characters would cause the author to feel the wraith of the fans of the characters that have been put into the background.

Basically, being an author is a pretty stressful job.

So, taking this into consideration, I would say that we can see this novel continue until the end of Ise's third year , which should take about 10 - 15 volume's, considering the length of Ise's second year.

After that, we will just need to wait and see, if the author has enough motivation and idea's to continue the story, beyond Ise's "High School year's", since at the moment, it's not something that we can "predict".
Chris38 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.