AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-18, 20:52   Link #1341
AznSamsung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brampton
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to AznSamsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding this discussion, of how long the novels are going to last, I would say that there are two factor's that determine this:

1.) It's the works popularity ... I see no problem's in that regard, since this novel is already quite popular, and the release of the second season of the anime is probably going to increase it's popularity.

2. It's the "quality" of the story ... after all, there is a limit of things that the author can do, until the story starts getting repetitive and starts having the feeling of being dragged out.

After all, there is a finite amount of myths / potential enemies that the author can use , and the same can be said about the echii situations that Ise gets involved in.

There is also the point of reader's becoming attached to the characters that have already been introduced and developed in the novel's, so creating an entire new set of characters would cause the author to feel the wraith of the fans of the characters that have been put into the background.

Basically, being an author is a pretty stressful job.

So, taking this into consideration, I would say that we can see this novel continue until the end of Ise's third year , which should take about 10 - 15 volume's, considering the length of Ise's second year.

After that, we will just need to wait and see, if the author has enough motivation and idea's to continue the story, beyond Ise's "High School year's", since at the moment, it's not something that we can "predict".
i doubt it goes beyond ise's highschool year cuz it is call highschool dxd ... but i like how the author choose to do the short story this time .... the way he choose to continue the story a lil bit with flash back and help the reader out by answering some question that we read along time instead of just short story ..... it got a twist in it and it help the transition of the novel compare to just random ss out of no where
AznSamsung is offline  
Old 2013-07-18, 20:54   Link #1342
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSamsung View Post
i doubt it goes beyond ise's highschool year cuz it is call highschool dxd ... but i like how the author choose to do the short story this time .... the way he choose to continue the story a lil bit with flash back and help the reader out by answering some question that we read along time instead of just short story ..... it got a twist in it and it help the transition of the novel compare to just random ss out of no where
Well it could end with High School DXD and then he could still continue the story titling it College DXD. Though I believe it would be very hard to make anymore stories afterwards.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-18, 20:56   Link #1343
AznSamsung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brampton
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to AznSamsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well it could end with High School DXD and then he could still continue the story titling it College DXD. Though I believe it would be very hard to make anymore stories afterwards.
college .... lol .... i bet ise will say "screw college i am doing wat sensi told me in vol 4 when the ldr are discussing peace .... make baby to help out the population ..."
AznSamsung is offline  
Old 2013-07-18, 20:58   Link #1344
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSamsung View Post
college .... lol .... i bet ise will say "screw college i am doing wat sensi told me in vol 4 when the ldr are discussing peace .... make baby to help out the population ..."
Even with Ise's sex drive, it will take at least 5 years for him to have a baby.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-18, 21:01   Link #1345
AznSamsung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brampton
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to AznSamsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Even with Ise's sex drive, it will take at least 5 years for him to have a baby.
5 years .... lol .... it will take more than that due to devil have a hard time getting pregnant .... (sry forget wat vol they say that) ....
AznSamsung is offline  
Old 2013-07-18, 21:13   Link #1346
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSamsung View Post
5 years .... lol .... it will take more than that due to devil have a hard time getting pregnant .... (sry forget wat vol they say that) ....
Xenovia said it:
I know about the birth of devils as well. It seems it’s quite difficult to make kids. Especially both being pure blooded, it's difficult but luckily both you and I are reincarnated devils. The base is human, and your sexual desire is strong as well. I expect if we do it every day, then within 10 years, I should be able to conceive. No, if it’s your strong sexual desire, then within a day, a number of times should be possible? If you include that, then I think it’s possible within 5 years.

Though from the looks of it, I think Ise will have a hard time having sexual intercouse with the girls since how much exposure they have. Whether its enemies or the media, both will make hard time for Ise to have pleasures when ever he wants.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-19, 14:46   Link #1347
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding this discussion, of how long the novels are going to last, I would say that there are two factor's that determine this:

1.) It's the works popularity ... I see no problem's in that regard, since this novel is already quite popular, and the release of the second season of the anime is probably going to increase it's popularity.

2. It's the "quality" of the story ... after all, there is a limit of things that the author can do, until the story starts getting repetitive and starts having the feeling of being dragged out.

After all, there is a finite amount of myths / potential enemies that the author can use , and the same can be said about the echii situations that Ise gets involved in.

There is also the point of reader's becoming attached to the characters that have already been introduced and developed in the novel's, so creating an entire new set of characters would cause the author to feel the wraith of the fans of the characters that have been put into the background.

Basically, being an author is a pretty stressful job.

So, taking this into consideration, I would say that we can see this novel continue until the end of Ise's third year , which should take about 10 - 15 volume's, considering the length of Ise's second year.

After that, we will just need to wait and see, if the author has enough motivation and idea's to continue the story, beyond Ise's "High School year's", since at the moment, it's not something that we can "predict".

Do you think this is a clue to the end of the High School in DxD Universe?
VOL 5

“Well then, Issei-kun. I look forward to the day we can meet again. You may return here any time without hesitation. Think of the Gremory family as your own family.”
Buchou’s father said that as many servants stood behind him.
“Thank you very much! B-But, that is a bit too grand for me…”
I was smiling bitterly, but Buchou’s mother also affirmed it.
“Not at all. Issei-san. Please take care of Rias in the human world. Since my daughter can be so selfish, I worry.”
“M-Mother! W-What are you saying!?”
Buchou’s face turned deep red. What a cute Buchou!
“Yes! Of course!”
I hit my chest and nodded. I’ll take care of Buchou! It may be rude of me to say this, but I’ll protect the woman I fell in love with all my life!
“…Uu, I’m also being moved to tears. The future of my family is bright…”
Buchou’s father was crying. Eeeeeeeeeh? Why, why?
Buchou’s mother sighed beside him.
“Wait a minute, dear. Isn’t this where the father is supposed to retaliate by saying something like [I won’t give up my daughter yet!]?”
“Even if you say that, Issei-kun seems to have surpassed my power already, so isn’t it enough already? I think it will be fine even if I settle down soon.”
“Please wait until Rias has graduated from high school at least before talking about retirement.”

???? He seemed to be getting excited, but about what?
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-07-19, 15:11   Link #1348
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
^

Personally, I think that the High School DxD series is going to end, when Ise graduates from High School, not Rias.

After all, just because Rias would take over the responsibilities of being the Gremory's clan head, doesn't mean, that the Khaos Brigade is going to be "completely" defeated, or Ise will become strong enough to actually defeat Vali in a "serious" fight.

Neither it means that Rias will become the champion of the Rating Game, which is one of the things she wants to achieve.

Basically, I doubt that the statements from volume 5, that you mentioned, in you're post, mean that the novel's are going to end soon.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-07-19, 15:42   Link #1349
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
After all, just because Rias would take over the responsibilities of being the Gremory's clan head, doesn't mean, that the Khaos Brigade is going to be "completely" defeated, or Ise will become strong enough to actually defeat Vali in a "serious" fight.
Ugh, the writer REALLY needs to come up with a new villain. They just aren't believable anymore. At least the vampires are a nice change of pace, unless it turns out they're part of the brigade too. They've basically been the villains since volume 3 (though not named until volume 4, I believe).
GDB is offline  
Old 2013-07-19, 15:50   Link #1350
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ugh, the writer REALLY needs to come up with a new villain. They just aren't believable anymore. At least the vampires are a nice change of pace, unless it turns out they're part of the brigade too. They've basically been the villains since volume 3 (though not named until volume 4, I believe).
Well it is appearing that Indra may become an enemy in the future. Remember that majority of religions don't like Christianity due to the widespread of its beliefs and have converted many of their followers into theirs. There are plenty of major figures in religion that can be an enemy especially War Gods like Mars or Evil Gods (hard to say who is evil even Loki is considered a Trickster and not evil).

Also does it seem strange that the 4 Horsemen haven't appeared in the story?
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-19, 17:50   Link #1351
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
They'll show eventually, it's only a matter of time and inspiration for Ishibumi-sensei.
__________________
GrrDraxin is online now  
Old 2013-07-20, 10:23   Link #1352
SamsungLeeAzn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^

Personally, I think that the High School DxD series is going to end, when Ise graduates from High School, not Rias.

After all, just because Rias would take over the responsibilities of being the Gremory's clan head, doesn't mean, that the Khaos Brigade is going to be "completely" defeated, or Ise will become strong enough to actually defeat Vali in a "serious" fight.

Neither it means that Rias will become the champion of the Rating Game, which is one of the things she wants to achieve.

Basically, I doubt that the statements from volume 5, that you mentioned, in you're post, mean that the novel's are going to end soon.
i was thinking the same too about dxd ending by ise graduates from high school but when i was re-reading the ln it seem there is a college division in part of the school so it can also mean that the novel may not end seeing how it is in the same school (major part is highschool)
SamsungLeeAzn is offline  
Old 2013-07-20, 13:27   Link #1353
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
As the title of this series implies. If the novel will really end then it might end when Ise graduates from High School, And obtain the same title as Great-Red DxD (Dragon of Dragon) or rather True-Dragon of Dragon-God.
__________________
II Maestro is online now  
Old 2013-07-20, 14:17   Link #1354
AznSamsung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brampton
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to AznSamsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
As the title of this series implies. If the novel will really end then it might end when Ise graduates from High School, And obtain the same title as Great-Red DxD (Dragon of Dragon) or rather True-Dragon of Dragon-God.
or he become the ult pawn and has a harem as a team
AznSamsung is offline  
Old 2013-07-20, 14:25   Link #1355
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
^Of course he has to become the Ultimate Pawn and have a Harem Team and fulfill his promise with Vali.
__________________
II Maestro is online now  
Old 2013-07-20, 17:13   Link #1356
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
^
This is a part of DxD Universe that confuse me, What is the dream of Issei?:
1) To be a KING. with his own harem team.
2) To be a Ultimate Pawn with the Rias team as harem.

I think that in this part of the story, how Middle Class Demon, he is thinking seriously about what he desire to the future.
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-07-20, 17:25   Link #1357
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
^
This is a part of DxD Universe that confuse me, What is the dream of Issei?:
1) To be a KING. with his own harem team.
2) To be a Ultimate Pawn with the Rias team as harem.

I think that in this part of the story, how Middle Class Demon, he is thinking seriously about what he desire to the future.
Could be both reasons and maybe even more. It is generally the same to pretty much to every King or people that has dreams mix with even more dreams. If you look in History, has there ever been a ruler whose dreams and objectives included much more than he or she said?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-07-20 at 18:09.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-20, 18:07   Link #1358
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
not to mention most teenage guys dream of having a harem so that part is there as well.
The ultimate pawn seems more like a way for him to feel worthy of rias since he's not a true devil and he wants to feel like he's worthy of being her husband since she's such a noble girl.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now  
Old 2013-07-20, 18:12   Link #1359
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
not to mention most teenage guys dream of having a harem so that part is there as well.
The ultimate pawn seems more like a way for him to feel worthy of rias since he's not a true devil and he wants to feel like he's worthy of being her husband since she's such a noble girl.
He done very much already, I think he has become worthy for Rias. Though that is in my opinion. Hopefully Ishibumi writes in the future what is the impression of Ise in the view point of High Society.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2013-07-20, 19:31   Link #1360
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
He done very much already, I think he has become worthy for Rias. Though that is in my opinion. Hopefully Ishibumi writes in the future what is the impression of Ise in the view point of High Society.
that's the ironic part he already is plenty worthy of rias but I doubt he feels like he is
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.