AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-26, 10:03   Link #1841
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Your mistaken, in the meeting with the vampires Gabriel is mentioned because his queen Griselda is there. Gabriel is one of the seven archangels.
No Gabriel isn't an archangel. He is one of the Four Great Seraph.

Spoiler for Volume 14:


and like the other's have been talking a Seraph is a different thing then an archangel in this series, and only Michael is the person who holds this position - which, is apparent by the fact that he is the only angel who has golden wings.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 10:04   Link #1842
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Your mistaken, in the meeting with the vampires Gabriel is mentioned because his queen Griselda is there. Gabriel is one of the seven archangels.
Again, no, she is one of the Seraphim in Highschool DxD, not an Archangel. Stop bringing actual Bible information into this, it doesn't work.
GDB is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 10:32   Link #1843
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
It's all good, I have a habit of looking at things " historically" so sometimes I get carried away with comparisons.
Tbolt is online now  
Old 2013-09-26, 11:24   Link #1844
Kutra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
In the Jewish Cabala (in the Bible these things are not explained), an Archangel is a messenger between Heaven and Earth. All the Seraphs are Archangels but there are another eight from others "Angelic Choirs".
Kutra is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 21:56   Link #1845
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
i guys have a theory about something that might happen in the current arc
Spoiler for theory:
__________________
shadow1296 is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 22:17   Link #1846
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
^ Assuming that the souls of Fallen Angel's and other supernatural beings are even granted an afterlife / stay in some composed form after their bodies die.

We know that the soul still stays for a short period of time, after the body dies, due to Ise's situation in volume 12, but it's currently unknown if that state would continue to last for a longer period of time.

Not to mention, personally I don't see the point of the author bringing back Ise's trauma again, considering the fact that Ise is already showing signs of getting over it.

They might be subtle, but I think that they exist in the most recent volumes.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 22:29   Link #1847
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^ Assuming that the souls of Fallen Angel's and other supernatural beings are even granted an afterlife / stay in some composed form after their bodies die.

We know that the soul still stays for a short period of time, after the body dies, due to Ise's situation in volume 12, but it's currently unknown if that state would continue to last for a longer period of time.

Not to mention, personally I don't see the point of the author bringing back Ise's trauma again, considering the fact that Ise is already showing signs of getting over it.

They might be subtle, but I think that they exist in the most recent volumes.
just one quick question how did khaos brigade revived the evil dragons, "i know that they revive via longinus or something like that" i just wondering how did they get there remain and how did they get spirit back? im confuse

can the holy grail revive dead being without there remains or their soul?
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 22:35   Link #1848
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i guys have a theory about something that might happen in the current arc
Spoiler for theory:
It was said that when a devil kills and angel or vice versa their soul disappears. Reynalle is gone. She hasn't been mentioned other than the occasional nod about Isseis trauma, which has been pretty much cured.

If you want evidence about Issei being "truly" over his trauma just look at how he acts with the girls, he's started to take them out on dates, responds to their advances AND is thinking about them not as a guy who is being pitied upon but someone they love and who they want to have relationships with.

Reynalle, as a whole, wasn't that important to the overall plot other than to introduce Issei to the world of the supernatural. Seriously doubt with the story already reaching it's climax the author would waste his ink to bring back a minor character who would have no relevance to the story.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 22:42   Link #1849
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
just one quick question how did khaos brigade revived the evil dragons, "i know that they revive via longinus or something like that" i just wondering how did they get there remain "via clonning?" and how did they get spirit back? im confuse
Well, dragons might have a different set of rules, when it comes to their afterlife then the other beings ... after all, they can be sealed in a Sacred Gear, so their spirit might be capable of staying somewhere in the Underworld or some other location, waiting to be revived, despite their bodies being destroyed.

But, that might be only possible, due to how strong dragons are ... and the usual / more common beings can't withstand that kind of pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
can the holy grail revive dead being without there remains or soul?
That possibility exists as well... since, we haven't got much information about the afterlife of supernatural beings, but in my opinion only really strong beings are granted the chance of being resurrected ... and it probably, also depends on what has been the cause of their death.

After all, if ... for example a dragon has perished due to a really strong dragon slaying attack (like Saumel's curse, for example), then their soul is also terminated in that attack ... meaning, no chances of being revived again.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 22:52   Link #1850
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, dragons might have a different set of rules, when it comes to their afterlife then the other beings ... after all, they can be sealed in a Sacred Gear, so their spirit might be capable of staying somewhere in the Underworld or some other location, waiting to be revived, despite their bodies being destroyed.

But, that might be only possible, due to how strong dragons are ... and the usual / more common beings can't withstand that kind of pressure.



That possibility exists as well... since, we haven't got much information about the afterlife of supernatural beings, but in my opinion only really strong beings are granted the chance of being resurrected ... and it probably, also depends on what has been the cause of their death.

After all, if ... for example a dragon has perished due to a really strong dragon slaying attack (like Saumel's curse, for example), then their soul is also terminated in that attack ... meaning, no chances of being revived again.
i see, you know i just notice this about rereading vol 11-12

i know issei is human with dragon essence due to the holder of boosted gear, can we called his soul/spirit a human with dragon essence ? probably


...... to clear my confusion is issei sprit/soul a half dragon before and after he is been reborn same as the wielder of dragon sg ?? sorry im just confuse about holy grail and the dead soul of the dragons and dragon sg wielder ....
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 23:01   Link #1851
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i see, you know i just notice this about rereading vol 11-12

i know issei is human with dragon essence due to the holder of boosted gear, can we could called his soul/spirit a human with dragon essence ? probably ... to clear my confusion is issei sprit/soul a half dragon before and after he is been reborn same as the wielder of dragon sg ?? sorry im just confuse about holy grail and the dead soul of the dragons ....
Well, according to the info posted in one of the first few volumes, it has been said that Ddraig and Albion, after their previous host dies, wait for another human with dragon powers to be born.

I'm talking about those statements:

Quote:
[In the end the two dragons got cut into pieces and their spirits were sealed within human bodies as Sacred Gears. The two dragons that were sealed within humans used them as vessels, they encountered each other and fought each other countless times. Every time one of them won and one of them died. Sometimes one of them was already dead before the other one came and so they didn’t fight, but most of the times they did. If the vessel, human, dies then the dragons stop functioning for a certain time. Their spirits float around in this world until the humans with dragon powers are born. That cycle has repeated countless times for many long years.]
So, it might be possible that Ise's spirit is also slightly different then a normal human, which is the reason why he has been possessed by Ddraig.

After all, I doubt that everyone's spirit / soul can withstand the pressure of coexisting with the spirit of a dragon.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 23:07   Link #1852
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i see, you know i just notice this about rereading vol 11-12

i know issei is human with dragon essence due to the holder of boosted gear, can we called his soul/spirit a human with dragon essence ? probably


...... to clear my confusion is issei sprit/soul a half dragon before and after he is been reborn same as the wielder of dragon sg ?? sorry im just confuse about holy grail and the dead soul of the dragons and dragon sg wielder ....
You could say that Ddraig and Isseis spirits merged when Issei was born when he died they separated until the past possessors exchanged places with him. When Ddraig re-merged with him it took alot out of him which caused him to hibernate. In the beginning Issei and Ddraig were merged in a human body which caused them to be at a disadvantage and slightly out of sync, now that they're a mini-true dragon you could say that they are now in a perfect sync since even Issei himself said that he no longer has a countdown to balance breaker.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 23:08   Link #1853
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, according to the info posted in one of the first few volumes, it has been said that Ddraig and Albion, after their previous host dies, wait for another human with dragon powers to be born.

I'm talking about those statements:



So, it might be possible that Ise's spirit is also slightly different then a normal human, which is the reason why he has been possessed by Ddraig.

After all, I doubt that everyone's spirit / soul can withstand the pressure of coexisting with the spirit of a dragon.
so issei is special after all ... if not he will not possed by ddraig/boosted gear, maybe there is requirement in getting longinus probably .... their wheel's of destiny

i know that all current longinus possesor has been picked by random but i think their similarity maybe they have been by destiny to change ppl around and there longinus ? or something like that sorry if its confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
You could say that Ddraig and Isseis spirits merged when Issei was born when he died they separated until the past possessors exchanged places with him. When Ddraig re-merged with him it took alot out of him which caused him to hibernate. In the beginning Issei and Ddraig were merged in a human body which caused them to be at a disadvantage and slightly out of sync, now that they're a mini-true dragon you could say that they are now in a perfect sync since even Issei himself said that he no longer has a countdown to balance breaker.


true i guess if issei did die in samael curse probably there will no memories of him stored at sg? .. i dont know for me the memories of his sempai are the part of souls that died in battle i guess .. coz if they arent spirit how did they save issei soul or one quick question if there human why did there memories destroy by samael curse probably there spirit have a dragon essence in them i guess?

same as vali ^ remember he doesnt have countdown either?
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 23:21   Link #1854
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
true i guess if issei did die in samael curse probably there will no memories of him stored at sg? .. i dont know for me the memories of his sempai are the part of souls that died in battle i guess ..
Isseis Senpai, in my opinion, were just fragments of their original souls left over in the Sacred Gear after they'd died. Every time a possessor dies the souls split Ddraigs half goes to find another person while the original goes to Hades/Heaven, re-incarnates or whatever but, and this is just my opinion, a small piece of the possessor follows Ddraig which then goes to the Sacred Gear. Now what happens to Ddraig's fragments if any is even more interesting.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 23:47   Link #1855
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Regarding the countdown to the Balance Breaker, personally I think that has more to do with the body strength of the host, rather then the synchronization rate of his soul with the soul of the dragon that possess him / her.

After all, Vali doesn't have a lot of relations with dragons, due to being the descendant of the original Maou, but that doesn't prevent him, from being capable of using the Balance Breaker without a counter.

Basically, I think the reason why Ise is capable of using the Balance Breaker without a counter, is because he has finally gained enough of his own body power - stamina, amount of magic power, and the other basic stats of his body, that Ddraig's powers depend on - to use it, in that way.

Of course, I'm not saying that the state of synchronization with the dragon's soul doesn't have any relation to it, since ... after all, Ise wasn't capable of using his Balance Breaker when Ddraig has been sleeping, and it has been mentioned in Vali's side story that he had an counter to his Balance Breaker as well, when Albion had been emotionally affected by the trauma of Ise's Oppai dragon show - it's just that, to me the basic parameters of the host, are more important, when it comes to using the powers of one of the two Heavenly Dragons.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-27, 01:04   Link #1856
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i guys have a theory about something that might happen in the current arc
Spoiler for theory:
One important thing you missed with this theory. It is that there are only a select few people that know of Isse's trauma, and fortunately it's only his allies/harem that know of it's existence. Now that he's partly over it, even if it was found out by an enemy, it wouldn't be useful against him anymore.

Plus the fact that it's rather hard, if not impossible to retrieve a soul that has been released after such a long time without a body, it's stated that when fallen angels/devils die, their souls evaporate along with their bodies. So there would not be anything left of Raynalle, especially after more than 6 months after her death
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline  
Old 2013-09-27, 01:24   Link #1857
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
One important thing you missed with this theory. It is that there are only a select few people that know of Isse's trauma, and fortunately it's only his allies/harem that know of it's existence. Now that he's partly over it, even if it was found out by an enemy, it wouldn't be useful against him anymore.

Plus the fact that it's rather hard, if not impossible to retrieve a soul that has been released after such a long time without a body, it's stated that when fallen angels/devils die, their souls evaporate along with their bodies. So there would not be anything left of Raynalle, especially after more than 6 months after her death
The exception to that is issei if ddraig and his sempai didn't intervene he would die completely if I'm right due samael curse
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline  
Old 2013-09-27, 01:52   Link #1858
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
True, but Isse is in special circumstances, and up to that point he was a human+devil, now he's a dragon+devil. So in any case, if hit with samael's curse again, he might actually die again. But then again, he's died like... what... 3 times already? You'd think with all he's been through, and what's to come, he might end up accidentally finding a path to true immortality. Though it also seems like to those not in the know may think he's already achieved this with the "He won't die, even if you kill him" remark someone once made.

But that's just Isse. In general, however, if anyone else gets killed in certain ways, their souls would be unrecoverable, and would truly die the true death.
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline  
Old 2013-09-27, 06:42   Link #1859
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
^ If I'm not mistaken, Ise has only 'died' two times.

The first death that he suffered through, was when Ise was killed by Reynare and was eventually saved by Rias and the second one, occurred due to Samuel's curse.

I agree with you though that Ise might accidentally find some path to some true immortality ... or more actually he might have already obtained it, due to becoming Ophis only friend - after all,personally, I doubt that Ophis would want to lose the person, who has actually became her friend, after so many years of living alone.

In other words, immortality might be a part of the karma that no God can purify, which is the thing that Ophis has applied on Ise:

Quote:
“Kaichou, do I also have a blessing of Ophis……? Isn’t she giving me one even though she always follows behind me?”

“……In your case, it will be more accurate to say that you have been possessed. Most likely, you have shouldered a karma that no God can purify.”

So it went past her being attached to me that I’m possessed!? And even a God can’t purify it!
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-09-27, 07:04   Link #1860
Always86
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Hi guys,

I've gotten really into DxD in the last few months and have just finished the most recent light novel. I don't enjoy the short stories in one block really, but the structure of this one made it a little less painful.

Anyway I came up with a theory that I wanted to put out there so I thought I'd sign up. It's not backed up by anything other than reading too much into things so it doesn't really constitute a spoiler. Just a prediction. It's also not really game changing if it's true.

Here it goes.

Spoiler for The reason for the original fight between Draig and Albion... Based on minor spoilers from recent volumes:


Don't know if this really needed spoiler protection but I didn't want to get moaned at if it did, better safe than sorry etc.
Always86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.