AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-20, 09:27   Link #2101
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Probably overkill Pluto by vali ejo compression divider

Old 2013-08-20, 10:24   Link #2102
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
In 2chan, we were discussing about who will become Ise's "Final Boss".

We know that for Vali, Ise is his "Rival" he must defeat before facing the "Final Boss", Great-Red.

Ise basically had to fight who ever the author introduced while all of us knew that Ise's "Rival" is Vali. But with Ise's new body power-up, Vali seems like he won't be much of a threat compared to before. Well, Vali's still stronger, but obviously its matter of time due to Ise's hacked "parents".

So Ise will also need a "Final-Boss". So far the popular choices are
1.) Satan Red(Battle of Heroes),
2.) Chichigami(Battle of Tits),
3.) Mil-tan(Battle of the Ultimate).
Well, while I agree that Vali might not be powerful enough to be the "final boss" for Issei, I still think that a full out confrontation against Ise is necessary to conclude the plot that is related to his character.

As for who the "final boss" is going to be, for Ise, personally ... rather then the popular "choices", I'm more leaning toward those three "candidates", being the "final boss":

1.) Great Red (a one on one duel to test if Ise has become "worthy" to wield the title of "Dragon among Dragons")

2.)The form that the power stolen from Ophis is going to take (quest to recover Ophis lost power)

3.) Indra (There are enough people, who wield the title of "Haven").

But, since Highschool DxD often takes an "unpredictable turn" ... it could be, pretty much anyone...
Old 2013-08-21, 03:02   Link #2103
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!

Quote:
みやま零 ‏@miyama0 7 Aug

DD16巻の原稿が届いたので、今日からマッサージの時間に読み進める。とりあえず口絵指定が死神子ちゃ ん押しっぽい。
Miyama got the volume 16 script and is doing the illustration for it. It means that Ishibumi finished writing volume 16 and Miyama just has to do the illustrations.
Old 2013-08-21, 03:16   Link #2104
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

As always, that's good news, n0m@n.

All that's left is for to wait for the arrival of the book. So it should be around September or October.

I hope that the colored illustration will be Ise having his power up form.

Then by next year, the Oppai-Dragon goes to Asgard for the Rossweisse development and what kind of trouble will he meet in the land of the Gods.
Old 2013-08-21, 14:48   Link #2105
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, while I agree that Vali might not be powerful enough to be the "final boss" for Issei, I still think that a full out confrontation against Ise is necessary to conclude the plot that is related to his character.

As for who the "final boss" is going to be, for Ise, personally ... rather then the popular "choices", I'm more leaning toward those three "candidates", being the "final boss":

1.) Great Red (a one on one duel to test if Ise has become "worthy" to wield the title of "Dragon among Dragons")

2.)The form that the power stolen from Ophis is going to take (quest to recover Ophis lost power)

3.) Indra (There are enough people, who wield the title of "Haven").

But, since Highschool DxD often takes an "unpredictable turn" ... it could be, pretty much anyone...
I'm surprised you didn't mention Shiva, since the author explicitly said he wanted to do a Shiva arc if the series goes on long enough. He is implied to be stronger than Indra too.

Anyway, I really doubt Ise will ever challenge Great Red. For one, he is not a battle maniac like Vali and Great Red is just minding his own business for the most part. For another, Great Red is pretty much invincible and would hand Ise his ass. I can't really picture Ise ever being a threat to him, much less during the course of the story. The Ophis fragment might be a doable villain, but it depends on how much of "her" powers were taken in proportion to how much she retained. Ophis with her original power didn't even understand the necessity for self defense, seeing as she was completely immune to a thrust from a full-power True Longinus.

Also, on an unrelated note can you people please stop putting "" on random words in your posts. I don't know where that started, but its incredibly irritating.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-08-21 at 15:09.
Old 2013-08-21, 14:50   Link #2106
InfinityDragonGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Then by next year, the Oppai-Dragon goes to Asgard for the Rossweisse development and what kind of trouble will he meet in the land of the Gods.
Ise accidentally spreads his influence of the "wonderfulness" of oppai to the Gods.
Old 2013-08-23, 14:09   Link #2107
jackassintown

Personally, i don't think that issei will ever be as powerful as great red, or maybe even ophis for that matter, if they actually intended on fighting properly, here is my analysis:

1) Just based on issei's sacred gear alone, which contains Ddraigs power. Now assuming that issei is able to fully master boosted gear as in be able to unleash the full power of Ddraig, whcih means that based on that alone, issei will only ever be as powerful as Ddraig back when he was not sealed by god, if we were talking purely on potential of boosted gear.
2) According to Ddraig, Ophis;s true abilities are stronger than the two Heavenly Dragons combined. So much so that when her powers are reduced to level twice as powerful as the Heavenly Dragons, she feels "weak." From this we have an idea to just how powerful Ophis can be, and seeing as great red is more powerful than even ophis, its safe to say that even when great red is 4 times more powerful than a single heavenly dragons i.e Ddraig, he is still feels to be "weak"
3) it is true that Isseis body was reconstruted through great reds flesh with the "help" of ophis and lets just say that from that process he does somehow manage to inherit part of their powers but it is definitely not much, the great red given his size compared to isseis, gave up probably no more than 5 percent of his flesh to construct a new body and therefore about 5percent of the energy from that mass is given to issei and in regards to how people are saying issei has inherited ophis powers, again even if it is possbile, its definitely not much, because during that time, not only was ophis at like 1/4 of her true power (which is mentioned in volume 12, how khaos brigade stole 3/4 of her powers), so issei at best could only inherit 1/4 of her powers (which is unlikely anyway, seeing as she couldn't have used all her power just to reconstruct a body)
5 It is true that issei can technically "use" divine dividing due to the piece of jewel that he picked from the fight with vali, but we must remember that, he will never be able to use it to its full potential, ie be able to use the full power of albion, as it was only "1" jewel out of like 6 on the gaunlet, otherwise the character of vali would just be pointless as a rival, with vali facing someone who not only has his power but their own.
6) Given all these factors i say that issei will only be 2-3 times as powerful as a fully juiced Ddraig at best, which compared to a fully juiced great red, is literally like a adult picking on a 5 year old.

issei has the potential to become one of the most characters in existence of highschool dxd, definitely in the top 10 and definitely the strongest boosted gear possessor, but i doubt he will ever surpass great red or even ophis, unless the author decides to give him some sort of new powerup, but then again, if author does that which i sincerely hope he dosen't as then issei will perhaps be the most mixed race character in history (human, devil, Ddraig, part dragon god, part true dragon, part albion) whats next, part angel?

I would really love the author to head in a direction, instead of the always powerups and the constant rushing into battle with pure brute force "tactic", it would be a nice change of pace if we are able to see issei's mind matures to be a more responsibe man in general, take the initiative with the girls around him instead of always acting as their pet, develope his skills and techniques and focus on improving his weaknesses, and perhaps even see some emotional reflection from all the actions his done, instead of the normal 1)win battle 2)fanservice with girls 3)continues life.
Old 2013-08-23, 15:13   Link #2108
bludvein

Vali will still be unique even if Issei becomes able to use the Dividing Gear, because the Dividing Gear only retains the "divide" ability. The "steal" and "half-dimension" abilities are still Vali's alone.

Anyway, it was never said that the BG was capped at Ddraig's original power. The only limiting factor stated is Issei's capacity to take it. Plus, people are sorta counting on the dual nature of the boost/divide abilities to be greater than the sum of its parts. Look at Kiba's BB for an example.

Issei wouldn't need to be the strongest if he can chop the opponent's powers down to a fraction of their real strength and boost his own at the same time.

....that said, im sorta doubtful he will ever be a match for them either.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:04   Link #2109
n0m@n

High School DxD 16 -- Daywalker of the Extracurricular Lesson
Coming out in 19th October 2014
Old 2013-08-23, 18:21   Link #2110
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student

Quote:
oh thx its gasper volume gonna wait for it

Old 2013-08-23, 18:35   Link #2111
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
??? 2014 so a year and 2 months until the next volume?
Old 2013-08-23, 18:47   Link #2112
WILD_LION

Quote:
Wait Wait Wait Waaaitt.....""2014"", i thought that VOL 16 will be this year.
Old 2013-08-23, 18:55   Link #2113
n0m@n

Oops. I meant 2013 lol
Old 2013-08-23, 18:57   Link #2114
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Oops. I meant 2013 lol
Nom@n, did you do that on purpose?
Old 2013-08-23, 19:03   Link #2115
n0m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Nom@n, did you do that on purpose?
.....No...
It was an honest mistake
Old 2013-08-23, 23:00   Link #2116
Chris38

Quote:
Coming out in 19th October 2013
Hm, thanks for the info.

Well, judging from the title ... it, definitely suggests that Gasper might get some much needed character development, in this volume.

@jackassintown

You have forgotten that Ophis has sent a part of her power away, using her snakes ... before she has had her power stolen.

So, she hadn't actually lost 75% of her powers, before she assisted in resurrecting Issei.

Spoiler for Volume 11, Ophis confession:

Having said that, I doubt that you can predict how powerful Ise is going to be, by calculating the part of Great Red's flesh and Ophis power that has been used, during his resurrection.

Since, it's simply going to be the spark that will cause Ise to grow in a different direction, then what he was capable of, before his second resurrection, has taken place.

Like Ddraig put it during the events of volume 12:

Spoiler for volume 12,Changes in Ise's body:

I agree that it probably won't be enough to reach Great Red's or Ophis level of power, but it's definitely going to be enough for Ise to reach a level, and unlock a few new abilities, that he couldn't obtain, before he received his current body.
Old 2013-08-24, 06:06   Link #2117
n0m@n

Volume 16
Ise and his gang that entered the country of Vampires. There, Valerie who Gasper is indebted was reigning as a Queen. However, she was clearly mind controlled by her brother and is in a dangerous situation. Gasper decided to save her, but......
Old 2013-08-24, 06:36   Link #2118
Chris38

Quote:
Volume 16
Ise and his gang that entered the country of Vampires. There, Valerie who Gasper is indebted was reigning as a Queen. However, she was clearly mind controlled by her brother and is in a dangerous situation. Gasper decided to save her, but......
Some trouble occurred ... most likely

Anyway, thanks for the synopsis n0m@n ... know, I really wonder what kind of .... person, Valerie's brother is, to resort so low, as to mind control, his own sister.
Old 2013-08-24, 06:47   Link #2119
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Some trouble occurred ... most likely

Anyway, thanks for the synopsis n0m@n ... know, I really wonder what kind of .... person, Valerie's brother is, to resort so low, as to mind control, his own sister.
Maybe he wants to prove that vampire are superior to other races and using such low methods to prove it I think it's just my guess

Old 2013-08-24, 07:01   Link #2120
n0m@n

Now we know Ise's going overseas lol.
I wonder if they will be by going through magic circles and planes like Rias, Kiba, and Azazel did in get to Romania, or will they go there by a one-way magic-circle.
Since we know Rossweisse will be taking the spotlight in volume 17, the vampire story should end in volume 16. The author did say that this story arc will include Norse, and Heaven story as well after all. Since there's still the magician and Evil dragon issues, it seems like this story arc will be the longest out of all the story arc so far.

Tags
harem, school life, shounen