AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-18, 21:39   Link #1521
Ghost4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post

Not part of my answer, just letting my thoughts be known. I always wonder why I am singled out sometimes.
haha prolly bc they rely on you for answers instead of reading/looking up/thinking for themselves

and as for the whole ophis deal about "ophis cursing ise" this guy sums it up pretttty well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
No, it probably,means that Ise will have to suffer the fate of being Ophis friend, and keep her company, for all eternity... and being the "friend" of the Infinite Dragon, is probably going to be a pretty dangerous task...
Old 2013-02-18, 22:02   Link #1522
sky black swordman

^ I also think @Chris38 put it very nicely.

Vail comment on it too in volume 12:
Quote:
“But be careful. While many will fear you, there will be more coming after your life. –That’s what it means to get in contact with the True-Dragon and Dragon-God.”
Old 2013-02-18, 22:08   Link #1523
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^ Very self explanatory. When I was reading that part during when Sona was discussing Ise is cursed by Ophis, I naturally came with that conclusion. Ophis being attach to Ise will have benefits and downsides. Benefits are that there is a notoriety place onto Ise that enemies will think twice before provoking Ise. Then there is the downside that enemies who are strong will be attracted to Ise because rationally Ophis attaching to someone means they are strong. Among other things as well.

The only thing I wonder is that Ophis has a room of her own in Ise's house. Did the author skip out the part where Ise and Rias, the rest of the Gremory group try to explain why a Gothic loli girl appeared and is living with them to Ise's parents?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-02-18 at 22:21.
Old 2013-02-18, 22:23   Link #1524
Algester

no sure but I do think it was explained during the time Azazel had a discussion with the Gremory Group about Ophis staying over for the first time before Issei's death with remade Shalba
so this would more likely means that Issei's curse from Ophis fated him to meet Great Red once more?...
Old 2013-02-18, 22:25   Link #1525
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
no sure but I do think it was explained during the time Azazel had a discussion with the Gremory Group about Ophis staying over for the first time before Issei's death with remade Shalba
I get that, but Ise parents' reactions haven't been noted.
Old 2013-02-18, 22:28   Link #1526
Algester

judging from how they have no reactions might mean that they might be treating "her" like a daughter let me look it up again yeah they are pretty cool with it the SS with ophis verifies that
Old 2013-02-18, 22:29   Link #1527
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The only thing I wonder is that Ophis has a room of her own in Ise's house. Did the author skip out the part where Ise and Rias, the rest of the Gremory group try to explain why a Gothic loli girl appeared and is living with them to Ise's parents?
Between Ise harem moving in and the over night magicial renovations Ise's parents have had there minds magicially warped some many times I'm wondering if there mentaly still there at all.
Old 2013-02-18, 23:56   Link #1528
Ghost4321

hehahahahahhahahehehehahehaeh dude I wonder what Ise's father would have said about Ophis. Because hes said things about Rias and Asia, I don;t recall anything about Akeno or the other girls. Hell Ise's dad has seen Rias' and Asia's ass already(refer back to I believe it was volume 3 or 4(even tho it's implyed because both rias and asia are in a naked apron))when he got home from work and sat on the couch with Ise, staring in the kitchen when those two were learning from his mother. I was kinda looking forward to there reactions too reaper xD
Old 2013-02-19, 00:24   Link #1529
WILD_LION

Someone think that the evil dragons are using Ophis powers?
Old 2013-02-19, 00:26   Link #1530
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Someone think that the evil dragons are using Ophis powers?
I'd say chances are they were used to revive them.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:52   Link #1531
Ghost4321

That's the best bet right now. Although, I don't really see a reason why hades would have a need to revive them. I say hades because thats where the Dragon-eater that took ophis Infinity resides. Unless I missed something and the dragon-eater is somewhere else.
Old 2013-02-19, 01:29   Link #1532
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost4321 View Post
That's the best bet right now. Although, I don't really see a reason why hades would have a need to revive them. I say hades because thats where the Dragon-eater that took ophis Infinity resides. Unless I missed something and the dragon-eater is somewhere else.
the powers aren't with the Samael anymore. They were created into a new Ophis under the control of KB rather than Hades. Hades is more a sometimes lend a hand kind of guy.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:38   Link #1533
Nihgthawk

Well life 4 is finished and man Grendel nuts
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-02-19, 04:51   Link #1534
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Well life 4 is finished and man Grendel nuts
Spoiler for spoiler:
i can't wait to see the full extend of Grendel power , look like it going to be a interesting fight in the next volume
Old 2013-02-19, 05:11   Link #1535
Kirihara_R

there's many questions and theory will be floating now that the life 4 is finished ,and whats more in the last part ..it's a little bit disappointing that the publisher wants the author do the vol 15 a short story instead a main ...

i wonder what grayfia and sirzechs plans after hearing this incident ...
Old 2013-02-19, 05:44   Link #1536
malason13
Forsaken

n0m@n thanks for the full translation of chapter 4!! you're awesome!!!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-19, 06:27   Link #1537
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
“—Do you want to return being a corpse? You are still in the tunning stage. If you over do it……”
So, Grendel was still in "Tuning Stage". It might be possible that he's partially revived dragon corpse with its original powers but how long will it last?

To revive something like him, they need a remnant of his original body to brought him back from the grave. But how did they manage to do such an impossible feat? With this they can somehow control them due to this. If they are to disobey the new head of KB, he has the "power" to return them to corpse.

Scary sh*t, man. This new leader must be cruel and insane to do such a thing.
Old 2013-02-19, 06:40   Link #1538
malason13
Forsaken

And BATSHIT CRAZY to be able to do those kind of things!

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-19, 08:38   Link #1539
Tchadnis

Grendel is crazy but i kind of like his attitude , he is arrogant, this should be a good match in the future volume since he isnt at full power yet ..
Old 2013-02-19, 10:58   Link #1540
WILD_LION

What do you think Ravel and Sona did?:

Then Ravel activates a small magic-circle to her hand, and releases it towards the capsule. The magic-circle which was released hits the capsule, and then disappears after making a single glow.

“……I will at least have myself do this.”

She mutters something which I couldn’t understand.

“I see. So that’s what you mean.”

It seems like Kaichou notices something when she saw that. She also does the same and releases the magic-circle towards the capsule.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

If gremory and sitri team stop the flames of Grendel, that means that they are now in the same level of ISE?

Draig said that the potential of Grendel is higher than before, does it means that Grendel is using ophis power?
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen