AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-20, 07:03   Link #1561
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Yeah, but after reading the afterword, I have the impression as if the author talks, like the forth story arc would be the last arc or the penultimate arc, if the Shiva arc is actually going to occur...

I hope that I'm wrong, since I want this novel to last longer, then just two story arc's, but still I can't shake the feeling, that we might be getting closer to the ending, then we initially thought...

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-02-20 at 07:28.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 07:11   Link #1562
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, but after reading the afterword, I have the impression as if the author talks, like the forth story arc would be the last arc or the penultimate arc, if the Shiva arc is actually occur...

I hope that I'm wrong, since I want this novel to last longer, then just two story arc's, but still I can't shake the feeling, that we might be getting closer to the ending, then we initially thought...
For some reason i had the same feeling as you actually .. he sounded pessimistic about the whole thing, almost like he wasn't sure people would still buy DxD, well i hope it just a down moment after he has been sick and such though ... i really hope this last arc won't be the last ..
__________________
Tchadnis is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 07:35   Link #1563
malason13
Forsaken
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Let's all just hope that he will still continue to write dxd. Also n0m@n thanks for everything!
__________________
<font color=Indigo><b>The fruit of a forbidden Love</b></font>



The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 07:53   Link #1564
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, but after reading the afterword, I have the impression as if the author talks, like the forth story arc would be the last arc or the penultimate arc, if the Shiva arc is actually going to occur...

I hope that I'm wrong, since I want this novel to last longer, then just two story arc's, but still I can't shake the feeling, that we might be getting closer to the ending, then we initially thought...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
For some reason i had the same feeling as you actually .. he sounded pessimistic about the whole thing, almost like he wasn't sure people would still buy DxD, well i hope it just a down moment after he has been sick and such though ... i really hope this last arc won't be the last ..
I get the same feeling as well,seem like he don't know what to write other 2 story arc.
Though,like you I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks as always n0m@n.
Soji is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 08:16   Link #1565
yankky5
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Between a dragon(China) and a kangaroo(Australia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I get the same feeling as well,seem like he don't know what to write other 2 story arc.
Though,like you I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks as always n0m@n.
Depends on how many "local's(japanese)" will buy dxd hopefully thier'll be more in the future also ep 14.... I must say I wonder if it will be a mystery about oppai again
__________________
http://www.wallpaperhere.com/thumbnails/detail/20111109/4eba21545dc9a.jpg
yankky5 is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 08:19   Link #1566
Jandalman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
well i hope it just a down moment after he has been sick and such though ... i really hope this last arc won't be the last ..
What is this unfortunate curse that LN authors tend to have where they get sick with some semi-serious to pretty bad illnesses? I noticed this has been a disturbing trend for a number of authors of light novels I read. Is it stress from publishers to stay on schedule? Over-reaching personal goals/self imposed requirements? I wish I could teleport to wherever they are before they burn out and just go "Dude, you need a holiday. Take a rest for body and mind."
Jandalman is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 10:02   Link #1567
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandalman View Post
What is this unfortunate curse that LN authors tend to have where they get sick with some semi-serious to pretty bad illnesses? I noticed this has been a disturbing trend for a number of authors of light novels I read. Is it stress from publishers to stay on schedule? Over-reaching personal goals/self imposed requirements? I wish I could teleport to wherever they are before they burn out and just go "Dude, you need a holiday. Take a rest for body and mind."
Yea i think it stress , i mean those author are plus or less rushed to do their work to be on time , it also the price to pay if you want to keep your "fan" happy , you have to beat the steel while it hot... most people wouldn't remember DxD if you had a book our every year or so.. in order to keep the reader attention/focus most author burn their life in their writing.. nonetheless this also a two edges blade .. doing substantial work doesn't always mean doing GREAT work .. i think DxD author is doing pretty good , keeping it up....

Anyways out of this chapter the coolest character for me was this loli grim reaper even if we didn't hear much about her , she had the coolest way ever to go through the magic circle.
__________________
Tchadnis is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 11:19   Link #1568
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
OMFG, Ddraig is....

Spoiler for ....SHOUTA:
__________________
Ultragunner is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 11:50   Link #1569
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
OMFG, Ddraig is....

Spoiler for ....SHOUTA:
Yup, Ddraig was finally broken by Ise... hopefully, this incident is going to make Ise a little more careful about Ddraig's mental condition... in the future.
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 12:42   Link #1570
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
And I wonder whether Fafnir is that perverted from the beginning or he has been "brainwashed",or should I say "enlightened" (LOL) by Azazel?

P.S: now we got the Oppai Dragon, Butt Dragon, Pantsu Dragon...wait so that means Albion and Fafnir are allies now?
__________________
Ultragunner is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 13:18   Link #1571
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
^ So, who's the Bra Dragon?..
...
.....
!
Tiamat!
__________________
DarkSkiper is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 15:11   Link #1572
Smillie
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I don't finish the volume 14, but I read your com and so , I read the afterword...

I hope that the LN won' finish with the Arc 4 : there are lots of thing like the marriage between Rias and Ise, Ise becoming a hight devil etc etc...
Smillie is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 17:03   Link #1573
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smillie View Post
I don't finish the volume 14, but I read your com and so , I read the afterword...

I hope that the LN won' finish with the Arc 4 : there are lots of thing like the marriage between Rias and Ise, Ise becoming a hight devil etc etc...
I am agree with you Smillie, there are alot of things to do in this history and there are a lot of ideas to chose to this LN continue 50+ vols.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 19:30   Link #1574
Jandalman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Best scene from Vol 14 for me was the Panties Dragon. This section got me in tears.

Spoiler for Hilarious:
Jandalman is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 21:44   Link #1575
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
wow, Ravel's reason for liking Ise is kinda sweet
__________________
Don’t you open your mouth about the best. Or I’m ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is online now  
Old 2013-02-20, 21:46   Link #1576
Algester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
And I wonder whether Fafnir is that perverted from the beginning or he has been "brainwashed",or should I say "enlightened" (LOL) by Azazel?

P.S: now we got the Oppai Dragon, Butt Dragon, Pantsu Dragon...wait so that means Albion and Fafnir are allies now?
I do think Enlightened is the better term who knows it was said that Fafnir has collected a lot of treasures and we do know linegries go as far back as 11th? century... coincidence? plus we dont know what kind of treasures Fafnir has been collecting back then before meeting Azazel who knows Azazel might be the one who piqued his fancy for panties in the lines of "I will something show you something more magnificent than gold or jewels"
Algester is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 22:04   Link #1577
peinmaximus@
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brazil
hey guys,what you think about the most important question of this volume:whom is the khaos brigade new leader?maybe he is the vampire that is behind of the war and ise will fight with he in the war?
obs.about the discussion of that ophis will really join completely in the harem,the author give us the clue that is much possible that this will happen.
peinmaximus@ is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 22:14   Link #1578
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I personally think that it will be a dark dragon on the level of Ddraig and Albion.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now  
Old 2013-02-20, 22:52   Link #1579
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,what you think about the most important question of this volume:whom is the khaos brigade new leader?maybe he is the vampire that is behind of the war and ise will fight with he in the war?
obs.about the discussion of that ophis will really join completely in the harem,the author give us the clue that is much possible that this will happen.
Well must be someone who has the power to reincarnate the bodies with just ADN, and someone who can obtain the soul of the dead from the depths of the hell. Maybe a genious or a god.

I think that is the join of vampires(sant grial to bodies) and Hades(for the souls), but the master mind is unknown

Last edited by WILD_LION; 2013-02-20 at 23:25.
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2013-02-20, 23:40   Link #1580
Phantom
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
This Volume was great, but maybe except the fight...... Meh...I expected too much when Issei just got back to fighting. On the other hand, the Pantsu-Dragon introduction was awesome without a doubt!
Phantom is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.