AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-19, 16:08   Link #141
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
rickiminato @ Wait . I thought this is something that fit better the Speculation & Theories topic.

Uberchu @ You do realize that Ise already fit the High school dxd title right? He had a body made from Dxd flesh even ophis say that his body it's almost the same a Dxd or something along this line in vol 12(because her power).

XFire@ Or that he use Dd again Rias or akeno oppai (or both).
But i agree with what you say.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 16:40   Link #142
Uberchu
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I always interpreted the Dxd as meaning the strongest. You know, like King of kings. And it would be pretty lame for Ise to never reach his goal of catching up to Vali. It'd be like if Goku stayed weaker than Vegeta after throughout the entire story.
Uberchu is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 16:43   Link #143
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
rickiminato @ Wait . I thought this is something that fit better the Speculation & Theories topic.

Uberchu @ You do realize that Ise already fit the High school dxd title right? He had a body made from Dxd flesh even ophis say that his body it's almost the same a Dxd or something along this line in vol 12(because her power).

XFire@ Or that he use Dd again Rias or akeno oppai (or both).
But i agree with what you say.
If Vali did that.... Ise would just use Boost

In a more serious note, I really can't see Ise ever going for Vali's blood like he did with Shalba. It's when Ise stops acting perverted and starts getting serious that things go to hell in a hand basket.

Which may be the Authors point. Every time Ise does something you'd expect from a "King of Destruction", it never ends well. Contrast that to the silly but heart-warming (and slightly embarrassing) role of the Chichiryutei, where he saves people from their darkness without even trying, and it's pretty clear what the author thinks of the traditional shonen beat-everyone, be-the-best-and-strongest type character.

Or I'm reading to much into it, and the author does it for fun

@Uberchu That's the point. Both Goku and Vegeta sought strength for the sake of being strong, like Vali. Ise seeks strength because if he doesn't, someone will hurt the people he loves.
__________________
XFire is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 17:11   Link #144
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Vali will always be stronger than Ise on paper, and if they have a friendly match, or even an all out fight with just the two of them, Vali will always win.

However, the second one of the girls, or hell, even Kiba or Gasper, is endangered by one of Vali's actions, there isn't enough power in heaven and hell together to save him from Ise.
Actually, Sakra made a comparison between Ise and Cao Cao
Ise is B in normal mode & serious mode but SSS when some crisis happens, while Cao Cao is B in normal and S in serious mode.

Making the same comparison with Vali, would he be B in normal and (at least) S+(or SS) in serious?
__________________
Awrya is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 17:23   Link #145
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
I always interpreted the Dxd as meaning the strongest. You know, like King of kings. And it would be pretty lame for Ise to never reach his goal of catching up to Vali. It'd be like if Goku stayed weaker than Vegeta after throughout the entire story.
Expect Goku suprassed Vegata by far once the Android arc rolls around. It was more of a one sided rivalary at that point.

I think that a rival that always stays one step ahead is more interesting then a one sided rivalary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Actually, Sakra made a comparison between Ise and Cao Cao
Ise is B in normal mode & serious mode but SSS when some crisis happens, while Cao Cao is B in normal and S in serious mode.

Making the same comparison with Vali, would he be B in normal and (at least) S+(or SS) in serious?
We shouldn't take Indra to seriously as he was most likely talking about Issei's future potential more so then Issei's current potential. Also at volume 12 Issei is still far weaker then Vali as both Issei and Cao Cao (who is as strong if not stronger than Issei) admited that Vali would defeat them.
Log is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 17:46   Link #146
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Actually, Sakra made a comparison between Ise and Cao Cao
Ise is B in normal mode & serious mode but SSS when some crisis happens, while Cao Cao is B in normal and S in serious mode.

Making the same comparison with Vali, would he be B in normal and (at least) S+(or SS) in serious?
I don't think Vali has a non-serious mode...

But if S is god-level (or Dai-Maou level, whatever) than serious Vali would be SSS as well. He can't beat Ise if Ise is protecting someone with his life on the line, but he could bring Ise down with him. Vali is probably the only person who can keep up with Ise once he goes Chichiryutei-mode (his pervy-but-serious mode, like with Loki)
__________________
XFire is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 22:28   Link #147
JAGI_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dubai.
About Issei and Vali is more like DBZ you know like goku who try's to become stronger and Vegeta who try's to fight or beat Goku.
don't you think guy's is quite similar for both of them.
__________________
JAGI_X is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 22:36   Link #148
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
About Issei and Vali is more like DBZ you know like goku who try's to become stronger and Vegeta who try's to fight or beat Goku.
don't you think guy's is quite similar for both of them.
Not really. Goku doesn't take Vegeta seriously after the frieza saga because Goku became so much stronger then Vegeta. Once the Buu arc rolls around the only reason why their "rivalery" continues is because Vegeta insists so.

Issei and Vali on the other hand have a more even rivalery. Issei wants to catch up with Vali and Vali wants Issei to catch up to him. They both consider each other opponents to defeat as opposed to the rather lackluster rivalery that Dragon Ball Z had.
Log is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 22:42   Link #149
JAGI_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dubai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Not really. Goku doesn't take Vegeta seriously after the frieza saga because Goku became so much stronger then Vegeta. Once the Buu arc rolls around the only reason why their "rivalery" continues is because Vegeta insists so.

Issei and Vali on the other hand have a more even rivalery. Issei wants to catch up with Vali and Vali wants Issei to catch up to him. They both consider each other opponents to defeat as opposed to the rather lackluster rivalery that Dragon Ball Z had.
Well we know that Issei will take his training seriously and he will take it to the next level like if he could use the same Harsh training like Rias cousin sairogo.
__________________
JAGI_X is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 22:57   Link #150
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I would assume that the next power-up for Ise would be related to his new body, or mastering the Divine Dividing he stole from Vali (I believe the author mentioned this in vol 12 afterword?)

Though if Ise were to get the same level of Touki as Sairong.... that would be cheating. Just plain cheating. The boost in Ise's strength is based of his own base level, which is about a normal mid-level devil (this is without BG). If his base level was that high, he'd be invincible in CCQ. No exceptions.
No not really. The boast is determined by how much power Ddraig can give him. Ddraig himself has a limited amount so for example if Ddraig boasted Ophis it wouldn't double her power because Ophis herself already is more then double Ddraig. I suspect a 10% increase in power is all we've got if Ophis has boasted gear.

If Issei get Touki then it would be Issei's base mode + Ddraigs power in CCQ. Pretty sure that it still can't equal the likes of GR or Ophis. It would certainly be stronger then the likes of Indra however.
Log is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 23:00   Link #151
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Expect Goku suprassed Vegata by far once the Android arc rolls around. It was more of a one sided rivalary at that point.

I think that a rival that always stays one step ahead is more interesting then a one sided rivalary.



We shouldn't take Indra to seriously as he was most likely talking about Issei's future potential more so then Issei's current potential. Also at volume 12 Issei is still far weaker then Vali as both Issei and Cao Cao (who is as strong if not stronger than Issei) admited that Vali would defeat them.
Look when DBZ started Vegata stronger then goku. but after the his fight with vegeta goku became more stronger then vegeta. After every time Vegeta caught up to him or surpass him or so he thought goku gain a new power and became stronger and that became their relationship. Goku always being ahead of him while struggling to keep up.
They had reasons to get stronger
Vegeta pride,arrogance, and a superiority complex and after he meet goku inferiority complex.
Goku a desired to fight, a desired to protected the earth, and all his loved ones that lived on it. As well as innocent people.

Issei and Vail are some way like they but not all of them.

Vail is pure battle freak and he may little prideful and arrogant but he care more about fighting strong opponents and becoming stronger. After he beats all the strongest opponents there is he said himself he will just go die.

Issei wants power and to get stronger to become top class devil so can become a harem king but has more to do with status, The real reasons for him to get more power and to get stronger are Rias dream, to protect with loved ones, so rias never cries again, and to make sure what happend to Asia never happens to anybody he cares about.
He himself in vol 3 or 4 mention if he was stronger Asia would still be human and hints he may regert the fact that Asia died and became a devil and also the fact that Rias cried during the or after the RG. Both times he wish's he was stronger during both incidents.

Indra was more then likely talk about the current Issei and not Issei's future potential. Doubt he knows about the Divine Dragons involvement in creating Issei's new body
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 23:08   Link #152
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
Well if i think Ophis might help him in his training and ofcures the other's as well.

But i think he will take his training in to the next level.
I agree the facts are Issei is something of DxD with the power of Ophis . He something similar to a Divine Dragon he need s some like Ophis to help master him possible new power or power or he may become a danger to himself or those around him.

Azazel can not help him because he is not a dragon. Ddraig can help understand him to an extent.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 23:09   Link #153
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Look when DBZ started Vegata stronger then goku. but after the his fight with vegeta goku became more stronger then vegeta. After every time Vegeta caught up to him or surpass him or so he thought goku gain a new power and became stronger and that became their relationship. Goku always being ahead of him while struggling to keep up.
They had reasons to get stronger
Vegeta pride,arrogance, and a superiority complex and after he meet goku inferiority complex.
Goku a desired to fight, a desired to protected the earth, and all his loved ones that lived on it. As well as innocent people.

Issei and Vail are some way like they but not all of them.

Vail is pure battle freak and he may little prideful and arrogant but he care more about fighting strong opponents and becoming stronger. After he beats all the strongest opponents there is he said himself he will just go die.

Issei wants power and to get stronger to become top class devil so can become a harem king but has more to do with status, The real reasons for him to get more power and to get stronger are Rias dream, to protect with loved ones, so rias never cries again, and to make sure what happend to Asia never happens to anybody he cares about.
He himself in vol 3 or 4 mention if he was stronger Asia would still be human and hints he may regert the fact that Asia died and became a devil and also the fact that Rias cried during the or after the RG. Both times he wish's he was stronger during both incidents.

Indra was more then likely talk about the current Issei a not Issei's future potential. Doubt he knows about the Divine Dragons involvement in creating Issei's new body
The thing about Goku and Vegeta is that once the Freiza saga is over Goku never takes Vegeta seriously again until Vegeta has a face heel turn. Even then Goku still wasn't treating Vegeta with complete seriousness. Hell the whole point of Vegeta's monolouge during the Kid Buu arc was him acknowledging that Goku is forever ahead of him.

Vali and Issei had a more "fair" rivalary in that regrad. Issei wants to catch up to Vali because he see's Vali as the strongest target. Vali wants Issei to catch up to him because he feels Issei could give him a good fight.

He was likely talking about future Issei because curent Issei is still only equal to Cao Cao at best. So in other words Issei is S rank at best. Also Indra doesn't have to know about the Divine Dragon's involvement considering that even without this new body Issei still has to master CCQ and obtain subspieces. Factoring in these two power ups would raise Issei's threat level by a huge amount.
Log is offline  
Old 2012-05-19, 23:18   Link #154
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
The thing about Goku and Vegeta is that once the Freiza saga is over Goku never takes Vegeta seriously again until Vegeta has a face heel turn. Even then Goku still wasn't treating Vegeta with complete seriousness. Hell the whole point of Vegeta's monolouge during the Kid Buu arc was him acknowledging that Goku is forever ahead of him.

Vali and Issei had a more "fair" rivalary in that regrad. Issei wants to catch up to Vali because he see's Vali as the strongest target. Vali wants Issei to catch up to him because he feels Issei could give him a good fight.

He was likely talking about future Issei because curent Issei is still only equal to Cao Cao at best. So in other words Issei is S rank at best. Also Indra doesn't have to know about the Divine Dragon's involvement considering that even without this new body Issei still has to master CCQ and obtain subspieces. Factoring in these two power ups would raise Issei's threat level by a huge amount.
Yeah thats true.

On Issei and Vails rivalary thats true as well he has mentioned he wants Issei to catch up to him.

If what you turns out to fact then Indra has made some costly miscalculation. On Issei's future potential.
Indra forr some reason I get the feeling he may have knew about Issei for a while now even before vol 10. In vol 9 sun wukong may have hint to this when he told Issei he was still in danger.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 00:44   Link #155
JAGI_X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dubai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I agree the facts are Issei is something of DxD with the power of Ophis . He something similar to a Divine Dragon he need s some like Ophis to help master him possible new power or power or he may become a danger to himself or those around him.

Azazel can not help him because he is not a dragon. Ddraig can help understand him to an extent.
But Issei need to improve his demonic powers that's was Azazel said to him I think.
Both Ddraig and Ophis will help Issei to mastered his new power so i think both of them will help him to understand to an extent.
__________________
JAGI_X is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 10:07   Link #156
1upspud
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I don't think Indra knows that during the fight with Loki Ise talked with the Breast Fairy or that there is a God of Breast. So he wouldn't know that another god is backing Ise. So Indra prob has no idea of Ise's future potential. Indra is just a punk who even though he's a god he want's to be the only power in the DXD world. I'm thinking that sooner or later he will try to kill Hades himself to keep him quite about what he's really up to.
1upspud is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 10:12   Link #157
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Hades will probably stay out of the Underworld as much as possible after what happen in vol 12. Indra, we don't know what he is planning but we do know he has bad intentions. He was the one who made Hades release Samael for the Hero Faction to use it against Ophis, Vali, Great Red if he showed up, and Ise (causing him to get a new body).
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 10:36   Link #158
Akumasama
Feminist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Came with the ophis short story (1st of 2 pages):
Enjoy~

[mod edit: removed raw picture; not allowed per Forum Rule 1.1]

The ophis short story doesn't have any images as such, except for two ad like images.
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-21 at 13:18. Reason: removed raw image
Akumasama is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 10:40   Link #159
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Can't see photo or image my friend. This was the Short Story about Ophis that Nom@n told us about coming out in May. Base from the picture in the Social Group. It is most likely Ophis trying to adjust to Normal Life with Ise since after vol 12 she is living or should I say be with him all the time.
ReaperxKingx is offline  
Old 2012-05-20, 14:40   Link #160
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
^Ophis has a brooch (I think it is called) with the UK flag on it. Maybe it is her touring the world to understand humans better when Ise&co are at school?
__________________
Awrya is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.