AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-16, 23:24   Link #1
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Plants vs Zombies 2

http://www.popcap.com/plants-vs-zombies-2

So the games out. Good news its free. Bad news everything within the game costs money.

Paying 5-10 bucks for app that I can enjoy for a lifetime? Sure. Telling me to fork over 50+ for stupid game upgrades. No thanks. .
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 23:50   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
http://kotaku.com/plants-vs-zombies-...ith-1147085832

From what I read, the game could be played completely free, but that depends on the region you're in.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 00:50   Link #3
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
http://kotaku.com/plants-vs-zombies-...ith-1147085832

From what I read, the game could be played completely free, but that depends on the region you're in.
It is free. But they're charing a preimum on the good plants. Like the best plants in the first one.

http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wik...Premium_Plants.

Seriously? Ice Snow Pea? Really?
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 01:00   Link #4
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Is it PC??? hehehe can't help but ask..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:57   Link #5
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
At the moment its only on IOS.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 17:55   Link #6
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Played it a bit. Notes:

-Star farming gets VERY repetitive very fast (exact same map, same enemies, a few different conditions that are recycled over and over).
-Seeing plants which were featured in 1 including my favourite (torchwood) be moved to IAP sucks. Very expensive too (what'd you expect from EA).
-IAP in general isn't very obtuse; besides aforementioned plants everything else (upgrades, gold, keys etc) can generally be gotten by playing long enough. Very long. Which is where the repetitive comes in. I just can't bring myself to do so as it's painfully mindnumbing.
-This is because gameplay-wise you'll pretty much be doing the same strategy over and over. There's very little variety outside the tried and true tactics from 1. The same enemies spawn in the same place at the same time so replay value is minimal.


All in all not too bad especially considering entry is free, but unlike the first it failed to utterly hook me.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:09   Link #7
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Played it a bit. Notes:

-Star farming gets VERY repetitive very fast (exact same map, same enemies, a few different conditions that are recycled over and over).
-Seeing plants which were featured in 1 including my favourite (torchwood) be moved to IAP sucks. Very expensive too (what'd you expect from EA).
-IAP in general isn't very obtuse; besides aforementioned plants everything else (upgrades, gold, keys etc) can generally be gotten by playing long enough. Very long. Which is where the repetitive comes in. I just can't bring myself to do so as it's painfully mindnumbing.
-This is because gameplay-wise you'll pretty much be doing the same strategy over and over. There's very little variety outside the tried and true tactics from 1. The same enemies spawn in the same place at the same time so replay value is minimal.


All in all not too bad especially considering entry is free, but unlike the first it failed to utterly hook me.
No frost peas made me sad.

It feels more like that PvZ game on facebook if anything.
Unlike the first one all you have are pretty much re-skinned zombies. Their not really unique, they practically do the same thing from their normal counterparts. Turning ice peas and torchwood to "premium" is a low blow.





Sei-chan should play the vocaloid version of PvZ instead!
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 20:36   Link #8
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Unlike the first one all you have are pretty much re-skinned zombies. Their not really unique, they practically do the same thing from their normal counterparts.
I disagree. I played through the Ancient Egypt and Pirate Seas levels, and the zombies that you encounter are fairly different. The level dynamics are also different, with the Ancient Egypt levels having gravestones scattered throughout while the Pirate Seas levels have different amounts of connecting planks. It's worth pointing out that gravestones function differently in PvZ 2 compared with the original - plant projectiles will hit (and for some plants, be stopped by) gravestones. The changes aren't so dramatic that you need to change up your strategy entirely (I'm always using Bloomerangs), but there is room for creating strategies optimized for each stage.

I think it's pretty fun. The difficulty level has arguably been increased compared with the original, but you are certainly not required to buy any plants to progress. I'll agree that "star farming" and "key farming" can get repetitive, but it's an added challenge. If you're looking to pick up a game to play for spurts of time lasting about an hour or less then the repetitive aspect probably won't bother you. Given that PvZ 2 seemingly caters to mobile devices, perhaps the developers anticipated that most players wouldn't be playing for long stretches of time.

It's a bit of a nuisance to have advertisements come up so often, but the game was free and you're not required to buy anything. I suppose we shouldn't complain about the advertising.

I don't know that I prefer it to the original, but it's free and it's fun. Content is still being developed for it. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.