AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-27, 20:40   Link #101
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

well I got last half way through episode 7, wtf happened? So time has passed etc but who is that kid that looks exactly like yakumo?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 21:57   Link #102
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
well I got last half way through episode 7, wtf happened? So time has passed etc but who is that kid that looks exactly like yakumo?
Spoiler:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 00:35   Link #103
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Massive spoilers! You've been warned!

Spoiler:
Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 00:55   Link #104
Jn183

I didn't expect Yakumo and Musashi era to end that quickly. That sux. I was starting to like the characters. Now, I will have to wait and see ep 8, i guess
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 01:20   Link #105
xavier8200

That succesion techinque was pretty nice. I wonder how old Yakumo is now?
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 03:56   Link #106
Sledeau

That fight definitely wasn't a letdown. This show is really delivering, IMO.

Only if it could have been longer...but you can only fit so much into one episode. ;P I'm glad they're switching characters, it'd be nice if the main focus wasn't totally on a character that was undefeated. Can't have godmoding characters be the main focus all the time, etc. :P
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 04:09   Link #107
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i loved episode 7 and cant wait for episode 8 this show is really good its really exciting me and i haven't been excited this much since i saw hajime no ippo and grappler baki.

its funny and smart how they animated the gaiden and left the audience to look for the actual manga, makes me want the manga even more too bad no one is scanlating it, and it's not licensed

edit: btw according to ANIDB it looks like that its going to be 26 episode show
Old 2004-05-28, 17:35   Link #108
donna8157

I heard that somebody is going to take the initiative to scanlate the manga .. though I don't remember which group it was and where I had heard this news from.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 09:41   Link #109
Mikesmaf

Send a message via AIM to Mikesmaf Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmaf
oh man shura no toki is getting better and better. Episode 7 was especially good. Classic fight between musashi and yakumo.
Mikesmaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:58   Link #110
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Since I read the chinese translated manga published by Tong Li (quite a long time back), didn't recognize the name till I actually downloaded the Lunar version and watched it.

It was quite nostalgic to see the fight scenes. It does get a tad ludicrious in later volumes of the manga, with the fighter posessing the Mutsu style taking on an army and managing to break a crucial encampment on top of a hill.

Some extra information about the manga: each arc focuses on a particular descendant practicing the Mutsu Enmei Ryu and their stories are placed within important periods of Japanese history. Quite interesting really...

Shura no Toki itself is a side story to a boxing (or was it plain kempo?) manga story - if I remember correctly. I think it has the same name, but it is all fuzzy in my mind. Hell, I don't even have the volumes anymore...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 18:57   Link #111
shinsenx

awesome, finally starting to undesrtand it now. Can't wait to see the fight among jubei and yakumo or his son or one of the shuras
shinsenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 21:57   Link #112
Spaceghost

Just saw ep 8.

I am a bit confused, the girl seems to be a Mutsu, but also not, and the guy with the squint also looks like mutsu, and seems to have similar clothes and a knife, and has similar personality traits to Yakumo, Although I suppose we don't know until he fights.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 23:00   Link #113
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Read my spoiler above if you really want to know It's not really that big of a spoiler anyway...just a general summary of the things to come.
Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 00:57   Link #114
FlyByNite

Definitely appears that Takato is Yakumo's son, they look alike, have the same personality, we even see him catching fish and acting much the same as when we saw Yakumo.

The thing I don't get is how this Sanada Mutsu fake performs that level of unarmed combat vs swords.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 13:10   Link #115
Spaceghost

Yes, if the girl is fake, how is she able to fight so well? I guess we will find out
Old 2004-06-02, 19:07   Link #116
ilal2ielli
Zoom-zoom.

Send a message via AIM to ilal2ielli
Because she's a part of the Sanada family who were very skilled warriors? And maybe Sasuke was training her?
ilal2ielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 19:29   Link #117
MetalDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceghost
Yes, if the girl is fake, how is she able to fight so well? I guess we will find out
Well she didn't get to fight Iori so we don't really know how good she is at all. All she really did was kick that dude in the back and break his arm. And we already knew that guy was a no talent hack.

Also I'm pretty sure Takato is Yakumo's son. I thought so right when I first saw him (well actually I thought 'Man Yakumo doesn't look any older...").
MetalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 19:48   Link #118
Spaceghost

I really like this anime, but the main problem I have is that the characters all look similar.

Jubei looks likes Musashi, Sasuke looks like the priest and the ninja in the first episode, Takato looks like Yakumo, the girl also looks a bit like Yakumo, AND Iori looks like Yakumo as well.
Old 2004-06-02, 22:12   Link #119
Jn183

OH crap, there really is a Yukimura. I thought Samurai Deeper Kyo character are fake except that villian guy and the battle. Wow...so Yukimura actually die after that battle. That suck big time. Btw, I'm looking forward to seeing Jubei more than Takato or Lori fighting. I'm a fan of that one-eye ninja for what reason I do not know for sure. This is getting better and better. Only sad thing is once u got attach to a characters, they turn old and become insignificant/doesn't play major role. BTW, what is the point of making Jubei look so wicked like they did with Musashi but end up a minor character.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 23:04   Link #120
noich

ya this anime is really starting to get good.. all the new characters add a lot to the plot.. I was wondering whats up with jubei, any relation to the jubei of ninja scroll fame... they dont look exactly similar however jubei also has the eye patch in ninja ressurection so i wasnt sure. probably not related but im still curious..
noich is offline   Reply With Quote