AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 01:37   Link #981
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

This episode just catapulted Fuwa Aika not only as my favourite character of a show that started in 2012 (sorry Watashi from Humanity has Declined), but as one of my favourite characters of all time.

I mean, I already had a stinking feeling she was the mage of Exodus all along (especially with the bajillion clues in the first half of the series), and that she was going to commit suicide (after all she is the counterpart to Ophelia), but knowing these things didn't take away even an ounce of emotion away from their respective reveals.

Yet despite her death's importance, I still can't help but hope that there is some way to save/revive her at the end of the series. I usually despise 'bring back from the dead' endings *cough*certainKeyseries*cough*, since it cheapens the feelings of sadness that came from the tragedy, but man... Aika is such an interesting character with a unique personality, that would literally trade her life for the ones she loves, that I can't help but make and exception for her.

Most interesting thing though is that she's so calm and collected about her death... but when she learned someone made Yoshino cry? FALCON PUNCH! Man, she really gave the Princess a really good ass whuppin'.

Although the most perplexing thing? The Genesis tree and the Exodus tree are one and the same? Did Aika really say that her power stems directly from the Tree of Genesis? Weird....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:02   Link #982
II Maestro

What a surprise Aika would get angry and hit anyone who made Yoshino cry.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:15   Link #983
mistress_kisara

Episode 21
That was an amazing episode, I almost teared up during the end credits. Looks like Hanemura will take the stage next week
Old 2013-03-08, 03:09   Link #984
TimeSkip

Why does Aika have to kill herself? Why not use powers of the tree of Exodus to destroy the tree of Genesis by herself? She can easily defeat Hakaze even.

If Aika's not dead, the boys won't have to go through all the pains, and with her powers she can protect them from any harm.

I think Aika needs this drama to motivate Hakaze to fight the tree of Genesis.

I suspect that only the princess of Genesis can destroy the tree of Genesis. Neither the tree of Exodus nor its mage can destroy the tree of Genesis

And if that's the case, I believe Aika has things up her sleeve than simply sacrifice herself like this.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 03:17   Link #985
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Amazing episode this week =03! As others have said, it looked like they got along fairly well to the point it'd feel like they'd make good friends. Too bad things had to end that way =0(.

The fight sequence was amazing though. You can tell they put some extra effort in for it. Aika was pretty amazing. She wasn't even focused on Hakaze too much during the fight; moreso just thinking about Yoshino and Mahiro and her own circumstances. On a side note, Miyuki Sawashiro shrieking+yelling is so great =03.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Wow. Aika Fuwa. BAMF of the year.

I remember in the first half of the series as we speculated she was manipulating everything, and even directed her own death, but it was always under the idea that she was the actual Big Bad. The fact that she did all that without being the Big Bad just makes her that much more ridiculously awesome of a character. Though, to be honest, I'm still sort of hoping she's playing everyone, and even this whole interaction with Hakaze is just a play and she's actually even more layers ahead of everyone than it seems. I don't think she is, but the letter to be given after everything is done, gives me a small bit of hope.
Yeah that was the coup de grace for her char for me =03. I thought the same thing, that, with all the obvious foretelling by her of similarly future events, that she manipulated everything so that the ToE would be the victor. To see that she only cared about Yoshino and Mahiro, and seeing the degree of her love for Yoshino(with that punch), I am very emotionally moved by her. It was heartwrenching to see her stop the girl(Hakaze) that wanted to save her life, then just casually strolled away to end her life.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 09:23   Link #986
eiyuu99

Aika,"The murderer is
Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 10:32   Link #987
zero7090

So basically time traveller committed one of the time travelling taboo - letting people from the pass know the future information. So now the only way to save Aika is Hakaze travel to the pass again and tell herself to shut up, think inside her head instead of blabbing everything.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:27   Link #988
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no experience in anime quite like Zetsuen. It really is a magnificent and preposterous singularity.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:18   Link #989
LogN

Did Aika kill Mahiro's parents?

On Wikipedia it says that the murderer killed Aika & Mahiro's parents ( who are blood related only to Mahiro). We find out now that Aika is the mage of exodus and also the culprit. So she also killed Mahiro's parents? Just want to confirm this with others.
LogN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:20   Link #990
whitecloud

Aika is so bad ass....but anyway this whole time loop thing always been a problem whether it's the terminator or this one since in this case if hakaze don't come back to the past aika wouldn't suicide and if aika don't die yoshino and mashiro wouldn't meet hakaze and hakaze wouldn't go to the past...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:33   Link #991
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogN View Post
On Wikipedia it says that the murderer killed Aika & Mahiro's parents ( who are blood related only to Mahiro). We find out now that Aika is the mage of exodus and also the culprit. So she also killed Mahiro's parents? Just want to confirm this with others.
Yes, she killed them. After all they are supposed to be dead and Mahiro wouldn't have much liberty about looking for clues.
Old 2013-03-08, 15:15   Link #992
Haak
F**k my life...

I was kinda worried that this would be yet another anti-climatic moment and in a way it still was but it was still a very good episode. Somehow though the characters and their emotions just didn't click with me this time. I didn't feel that much frustration and sadness that Hakaze felt after it was all over than I think I should have.
Old 2013-03-08, 17:12   Link #993
SeaDoor

OK. I came away from this episode convinced of Aika's feelings for the two boys but...

She sure did handle the Princess easily during the fight. Aika never lost her composure and was only paying half attention to Hakaze's attacks. I understand that Aika knew that Hakaze could not hurt her but still that was so one-sided.

During the "detective speech" I kept feeling that Aika was being condescending towards Hakaze. The Princess is several years her senior but it felt like Aika was explaining the obvious to a junior. Also, the difference in height between the two and Aika patting Hakaze's shoulder certainly made me think that Aika was and still is in control over what is happening.

In the end though, Aika and Hakaze are amazing characters.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:44   Link #994
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Why does Aika have to kill herself? Why not use powers of the tree of Exodus to destroy the tree of Genesis by herself? She can easily defeat Hakaze even.

If Aika's not dead, the boys won't have to go through all the pains, and with her powers she can protect them from any harm.

I think Aika needs this drama to motivate Hakaze to fight the tree of Genesis.

I suspect that only the princess of Genesis can destroy the tree of Genesis. Neither the tree of Exodus nor its mage can destroy the tree of Genesis
Even then, Aika only has to pretend to be dead to trigger everything.
maplehurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 20:57   Link #995
TheFallenxLullaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Actually that's not true. Aika said her mission as the Mage of Zetsuen(Thats what she referred to herself in the manga) is to defeat the tree of beginnings which is the Genesis tree. The Exodus tree was made in anticipation of the Genesis's tree's destruction. So by this logic only Hanemura can now defeat it, is just that when Hakaze went against the Genesis Tree's logic or whatever it's an advantage.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 22:21   Link #996
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
RIP Aika, one hell of a character.

I really feel bad for having doubts about her. In the end, Aika was Aika. She was the mage of Exodus, and she was involved in her own death, but the motivations were completely off from what I predicted. In the end could say this was all because of Mahiro and Yoshino. She died because she wanted them to live.

I think how she took everything just shows how she was somewhat messed up by becoming the Mage of Exodus at such a young age. Her mindset and viewpoint was drastically altered when she was 10. Maybe it was easier for her to face all of this because of her perspective.

Props to you Aika. Made me care even though we knew you were dead since episode 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Even then, Aika only has to pretend to be dead to trigger everything.
But what about Hanemura? Unless Aika could come up with a way to split her own powers, it kind of leads to a weird place. One could say he isn't important here, but if they want to keep the past in sync even that has to fit.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:01   Link #997
Diveman

brillian episode, Aika was incredible whoopin' hakase's ass like no other. The ending was very sad, watching how hakase went to watch everything after Aika died.

Next episode seems like Hanemura gives mahiro and yoshino a good "STFU and move on" speech.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:44   Link #998
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

like this expression of her so much
Old 2013-03-09, 03:33   Link #999
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Ouch. I really adored Aika in this episode, but if it's true that she murdered Mahiro's parents, I can't really like her quite so much.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 03:37   Link #1000
Aesthetic Shampoo

I also forgot about the parents, wow if Aika really did kill them. Was that really necessary?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen