AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-09, 05:53   Link #1001
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
well...she did say she only care about yoshino and mahiro and dont care about other so much? since other either avoiding her or scared of her and she would do anything to keep them save...she is like hakaze in that aspect so i guess even if she become a villain it is not a surprise
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:42   Link #1002
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Well, Mahiro's father and Aika's mother's deaths were either glossed over or written out of the series. So, that detail isn't going to be played up as much.

But, don't forget, if she doesn't kill them, the two parents, Mahiro & Yoshino are all dead the day that the Fruit is raised from the sea by their town. Only Yoshino's parents would have survived that (as they were out of town). Pretty much their entire school was dead.

So, given the fact the series operates by a "hard time" methodology system, their deaths were already assured. Yes, Aika does kill them, but they were all dead if she doesn't. And, even if she didn't, the Trees probably could have killed them all that night anyway, to hold to the causality of the World Logic. Thus, they were dying that night, regardless.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 09:48   Link #1003
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Well, Mahiro's father and Aika's mother's deaths were either glossed over or written out of the series. So, that detail isn't going to be played up as much.

But, don't forget, if she doesn't kill them, the two parents, Mahiro & Yoshino are all dead the day that the Fruit is raised from the sea by their town. Only Yoshino's parents would have survived that (as they were out of town). Pretty much their entire school was dead.

So, given the fact the series operates by a "hard time" methodology system, their deaths were already assured. Yes, Aika does kill them, but they were all dead if she doesn't. And, even if she didn't, the Trees probably could have killed them all that night anyway, to hold to the causality of the World Logic. Thus, they were dying that night, regardless.
That logic doesn't make sense, because Aika having met Hakaze and knowing the future means they can plan around it, etc. There would be no casualty because they know what to do, they know the future.

The only issue is the anime wasn't set up in the beginning such that it would allow for time travel it seems, unless we're talking about alternate universes similar to that of Steins Gate, and not the supposed time traveling from Zetsuen.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 15:01   Link #1004
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...she did say she only care about yoshino and mahiro and dont care about other so much? since other either avoiding her or scared of her and she would do anything to keep them save...she is like hakaze in that aspect so i guess even if she become a villain it is not a surprise
This is right.

Aika killed her parents. So they would not prevent Mahiro begin his search for the murderer.

Aika is only interested in the welfare of Yoshino and Mahiro, then she does not care about morality.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-09 at 17:56.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 17:28   Link #1005
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
That logic doesn't make sense, because Aika having met Hakaze and knowing the future means they can plan around it, etc. There would be no casualty because they know what to do, they know the future.

The only issue is the anime wasn't set up in the beginning such that it would allow for time travel it seems, unless we're talking about alternate universes similar to that of Steins Gate, and not the supposed time traveling from Zetsuen.
I'll just say go read the manga. You question will be answered there.
This is not the first time anime cut the dialogue to save time.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:35   Link #1006
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
im just thinking...that the time in zetsuen work like steins;gate, with multi timeline theory, the reason like if the event perceived the same then the end result will not change (hakaze mention they might be able to switch body), the past will not change whatever you do (even if hakaze try to interfere by giving info, etc event will play just the same),

there is an event that cannot happen in "original" time line such as the letter from aika which unless she got info from hakaze cannot be created.

i wonder if thing would happen just like in the first and last episode of steins;gate? the world logic already warped anyway..
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:39   Link #1007
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I also forgot about the parents, wow if Aika really did kill them. Was that really necessary?
That is Aika...she cares about Yoshino and Mahiro first and foremost. Beyond even herself let alone anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Why does Aika have to kill herself? Why not use powers of the tree of Exodus to destroy the tree of Genesis by herself? She can easily defeat Hakaze even.

If Aika's not dead, the boys won't have to go through all the pains, and with her powers she can protect them from any harm.

I think Aika needs this drama to motivate Hakaze to fight the tree of Genesis.

I suspect that only the princess of Genesis can destroy the tree of Genesis. Neither the tree of Exodus nor its mage can destroy the tree of Genesis

And if that's the case, I believe Aika has things up her sleeve than simply sacrifice herself like this.
Because the Genesis Tree can only be destroyed by the process that they are following now a a result of Aika's sacrifice

Quote:
Actually that's not true. Aika said her mission as the Mage of Zetsuen(Thats what she referred to herself in the manga) is to defeat the tree of beginnings which is the Genesis tree. The Exodus tree was made in anticipation of the Genesis's tree's destruction. So by this logic only Hanemura can now defeat it, is just that when Hakaze went against the Genesis Tree's logic or whatever it's an advantage.
More like necessity than advantage




And hell yes...Aika is easily the best character in the entire story. Those two are seriously lucky to have her
__________________

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-03-09 at 23:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:31   Link #1008
TimeSkip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I still don't believe that Aika is dead. She had been quoting Tempest to Mahiro and Yoshino since the beginning of the show, and because of those quotes Yoshino sided with Hakaze in the most crucial time.

And since Aika was the mage of Exodus, it's too much of a coincidence.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 13:02   Link #1009
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Aika's death ended like how I originally hunched it would, albeit in different circumstances slightly.

I'm more interested in Hanemura now.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 00:26   Link #1010
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
So, both Aika and Hakaze uses same technology, a tree planted by alien civilization from gazillion years ago. If Hakaze gets stronger, Aika also gets stronger. Hakaze still has higher winning chance due to her martial art training(should). She's raised for magic fighting. The tree's logic doesn't protect her. The plot says Aika is the backdoor of the clan's protective power. Moreover, the tree is alien's death trap. It sounds too overboard. Somehow, the turning point sounds too childish. It makes all the emotion of last season as waste.

ps. All pretty girls go after Yoshino, even he only act as an average nice guys. Nice guys get all girls when it's in anime. It's still nice to see Aika and Hakaze's dere dere side.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 08:04   Link #1011
Tiranas
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So, both Aika and Hakaze uses same technology, a tree planted by alien civilization from gazillion years ago. If Hakaze gets stronger, Aika also gets stronger. Hakaze still has higher winning chance due to her martial art training(should). She's raised for magic fighting. The tree's logic doesn't protect her. The plot says Aika is the backdoor of the clan's protective power. Moreover, the tree is alien's death trap. It sounds too overboard. Somehow, the turning point sounds too childish. It makes all the emotion of last season as waste.

ps. All pretty girls go after Yoshino, even he only act as an average nice guys. Nice guys get all girls when it's in anime. It's still nice to see Aika and Hakaze's dere dere side.
I'm also a little disappointed that the rather ridiculous Alien theory actually seems more and more likely to be true.
But just to make sure I got all the infos right (anyone who knows better please point out any mistakes): The two trees are actually part of the same mechanism/god that is activated/awakened once humanity reaches a certain technological level. Humanity is then presented with a choice: Accept the tyranny of the ToG, that takes away their freedom but also provides order and pretty much guaranteed peace for eternity, or fight it by harnessing the power of the ToE. However, in reality this is all a test. Supporting the ToG is apparently the wrong choice and failure to eliminate it results in a reset of civilisation. This cycle will repeat until humanity decides to reject and defeat the ToG, thereby proving it is worthy of progressing further (what other purpose would there be for such an elaborate trap/test?).
Of course most of this information is provided by Aika and Evangeline and I still don't really trust either of them.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2013-03-13 at 08:17.
Tiranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:10   Link #1012
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Episode dedicated to Aika.
Hakaze made it safely back, but things are not looking good.
Well, at least those two now know the truth..
Hanemura's reaction to Mahiro & Yoshino's reaction about Aika's death was surprising.
Flashbacks to the past were nice.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:43   Link #1013
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So, both Aika and Hakaze uses same technology, a tree planted by alien civilization from gazillion years ago. If Hakaze gets stronger, Aika also gets stronger. Hakaze still has higher winning chance due to her martial art training(should). She's raised for magic fighting. The tree's logic doesn't protect her. The plot says Aika is the backdoor of the clan's protective power. Moreover, the tree is alien's death trap. It sounds too overboard. Somehow, the turning point sounds too childish. It makes all the emotion of last season as waste.
This is false. First, you mention Hakaze's training but fail to mention that Aika has experience as well. Aika has already said she has had her power since she was 10. Second, as Aika mentioned she is free to use her magic whenever she pleases while Hakaze's magic is dependant on making offerings.

Your perception is skewed in Hakaze's favor just because she has had more screentime than Aika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
ps. All pretty girls go after Yoshino, even he only act as an average nice guys. Nice guys get all girls when it's in anime. It's still nice to see Aika and Hakaze's dere dere side.
I don't think a "nice guy" plots with the military behind the back of his best friend or has the guts to insult his best friend's sister in front of him.

Like Mahiro or hell, everyone said, Yoshino can be cruel and cunning.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:45   Link #1014
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Looks like they're setting us up for something big with Mahiro and Yoshino again so i really hope to God it's not another anti-climax. This story has certainly shown it can do major confrontations amazing well in the previous cour so hopefully we're in for something huge. But it has a huge act to follow on from. I liked the Aika flashback meeting.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:54   Link #1015
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
So this is what they meant when they said that the anime is going to change some things for the last 3 episodes...
Mari Okada you made me mad about what you did to the flashback with Yoshino and Aika, try not to screw more things

I have to praise Yuki Kaji for his acting in the episode, not only in this anime but in general I'm liking his last performances. I'm glad that at least this part wasn't changed.
The flashback looks weird, maybe because they look young?
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 16:58   Link #1016
Konja7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
So this is what they meant when they said that the anime is going to change some things for the last 3 episodes...
Mari Okada you made me mad about what you did to the flashback with Yoshino and Aika, try not to screw more things

I have to praise Yuki Kaji for his acting in the episode, not only in this anime but in general I'm liking his last performances. I'm glad that at least this part wasn't changed.
The flashback looks weird, maybe because they look young?
Well, I still hope to see some scenes of the meeting between Yoshino and Aika (Aika behaving moe).

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-03-14 at 17:12.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 17:52   Link #1017
TheFallenxLullaby
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
The flashback looks weird, maybe because they look young?
Well in that scene Yoshino and Mahiro is sill suppose to be in middle school xD

I suppose the Aika scene may be shown next week considering we saw an exaggerated pool scene with Hakaze next Ep in the preview.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:14   Link #1018
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Just like Aika said they were pretty much fine with it. Lol didn't expect Hanemura to have an outburst at that. So the final battle starts next week.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:42   Link #1019
Entravity
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Hanemura finally mans up somewhat. Will be nice to see what Yoshino and Mahiro do next episode.
__________________
Episodic Overviews of the latest anime.
Entravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 22:56   Link #1020
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
While I do think we're past the big twists now, and going into the end-game resolution with everything laid out on the table, I really do hope they surprise us and throw another big twist our way.

Aika's interaction with Hakaze the previous episode being just an elaborate act would be a real nice surprise, and when Aika has expertly manipulated everyone into doing what she wanted, having Yoshino open that note to see her rub his face in it, would make me lol.

To be clear, I don't think that's what's going to happen, but I can dream.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, gangan, magic, mystery, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.