AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2011-11-17, 02:04   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Rumor: New XBox coming sooner than expected, possibly next year

http://www.vg247.com/2011/11/14/repo...re-cpu-inside/

The rumor is that it will be at CES in February (an electronics show). Rumored specs include a six-core CPU, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, and two GPUs from AMD. The rumor is that it may release at the end of 2012, as well.

This article also supports this rumor.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/next-ge...on-arrive-2012

Quote:
Ubisoft Montreal is hard at work on 'target boxes' based on the intended specifications of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 successor, according to an Edge source. Delivery of the first iteration of genuine devkits, running custom hardware, is expected to reach studios before Christmas, and all signs point to the finalised console arriving at retail in late 2012.

Ubisoft’s teams are said to be working on PCs containing off-the-shelf components provided by Microsoft, and it’s our understanding that several other major developers, including certain EA studios, are also in possession of these target boxes. While our source was unable to share precise specifications, it is believed that AMD is providing the bespoke GPU solution for Microsoft’s console. A Ubisoft spokesperson said: "We do not comment on rumour and speculation."

We can also reveal that one major Sony-owned studio has now ceased PlayStation 3 development, its entire focus having shifted to the console’s successor. The studio is also said to have been involved in the development process of the graphics technology adopted by Sony’s new hardware.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-11-18 at 03:15.
Urzu 7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:00   Link #2
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Sorry to say this, but the 360 is an aging machine, but it still has up(ward) 3 years on it. Like I said on another board, don't follow rumors. Follow confirmed facts stated by the people in charge. They know best and no amount of sources upon sources of similar threads with no legit source will change that.

Interestingly Frank O'Connor recently said on NeoGaf that Halo 4 will be on the 360. Which means they're still in alpha about the machine, or they haven't even started on it yet. Either way the rumor is too early to warrant any valid interest.

But I don't know, things change. Because it wouldn't be the first time this sort of DEM happened about a console.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:11   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Yeah, I don't have too much stock in the rumor, but there is another thing that supports the rumor.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/next-ge...on-arrive-2012

Quote:
Ubisoft Montreal is hard at work on 'target boxes' based on the intended specifications of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 successor, according to an Edge source. Delivery of the first iteration of genuine devkits, running custom hardware, is expected to reach studios before Christmas, and all signs point to the finalised console arriving at retail in late 2012.

Ubisoft’s teams are said to be working on PCs containing off-the-shelf components provided by Microsoft, and it’s our understanding that several other major developers, including certain EA studios, are also in possession of these target boxes. While our source was unable to share precise specifications, it is believed that AMD is providing the bespoke GPU solution for Microsoft’s console. A Ubisoft spokesperson said: "We do not comment on rumour and speculation."

We can also reveal that one major Sony-owned studio has now ceased PlayStation 3 development, its entire focus having shifted to the console’s successor. The studio is also said to have been involved in the development process of the graphics technology adopted by Sony’s new hardware.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:17   Link #4
Sides

Looks like kinect and multimedia will be big part of the new xbox, if the new rumours are true. I expect MS to release it with a trigger controller, maybe with build-in gyroscope and rumble motor, basically to simulate holding a gun or bat/racket/sword. Kinect is alright detecting objects and movement, but it won't be able to tell if you are pulling a trigger or not, without waving at the camera, telling it you are.
Netfix and other streaming/on-demand seems to be another area where MS wants to expand.
Actually I would not surprise, if the new Xbox will be able to run MS office, allows usb/bluetooth keyboards and support printers. It will basically be sony's dream PS3, that did not happened.

Digital Foundry - Can Microsoft Launch the Next Xbox in 2012?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:38   Link #5
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Follow confirmed facts stated by the people in charge. They know best and no amount of sources upon sources of similar threads with no legit source will change that.
Like how Sony said all they need is the PSP to combat the 3DS and than announced the Vita a month later? You'll see Xbox720 (because 720 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4) in some form next year.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:54   Link #6
brocko

New xbox is gonna be called:

Xbox 15 #µ93

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 08:32   Link #7
LuieHond

I don't think it's comming already it's just to soon i think it will we shown at 2012 E3 and in stores 2013
Old 2011-11-25, 07:50   Link #8
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieHond View Post
I don't think it's comming already it's just to soon i think it will we shown at 2012 E3 and in stores 2013
Or 2014 like one person is saying (and is saying that the 2012 showing is nonsense).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 17:49   Link #9
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Like how Sony said all they need is the PSP to combat the 3DS and than announced the Vita a month later? You'll see Xbox720 (because 720 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4) in some form next year.
Tell me how it goes.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 00:40   Link #10
Undertaker

It's just too soon, we haven't even seen the limit of both 360 and PS3 yet. Nintendo release Wii U because they had to with Wii's technology being too old and software sales down, but both PS3 and 360 are still trend up so I really don't see how it'll make sense for Microsoft or Sony to release a new system next year or even 1013.
Old 2012-05-02, 17:34   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Microsoft is planning to launch a $99 Xbox console package with a monthly subscription as early as next week, according to our sources. The software giant will offer the 4GB console with a Kinect sensor at its range of Microsoft Stores in the US, subsidized with a monthly cost of $15. We're told that the two-year subscription will provide access to the Xbox Live Gold service and possibly some additional streaming content from cable providers or sports package providers. Customers who sign-up for the deal will also be covered under a two-year warranty.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...tml?tid=pm_pop
terrific, future game consoles will come with 2 yr contracts
Old 2012-05-06, 14:28   Link #12
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
terrific, future game consoles will come with 2 yr contracts
It sounds more like a cable receiver with gaming capabilities. IIRC Microsoft did released a statement highlighting that the majority of 360 owners actually do not use their consoles for gaming at all. Apparently most of them nowadays use it to stream Tv shows and movies from services like netflix, hulu, aso. Obviously the data gathered are only from people who have their 360 connect online.
However considering that the 360 is at the end of it cycle, this way they can actually squeeze further profit from the aging beast. If it goes to plan, it could be a gold mine for them. I am actually surprised that sony didn't try made this move, they have tried some attempts in the past, see PlayTV, music on demand and other stuff, but never tried to sell it as a core feature. I reckon some investors would be asking the same, especially since they are a multimedia company owing a lot of film and music studios. It would make so much sense.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 21:52   Link #13
Mateus

I won't be paying a 2 year contract for services that I can use on my PC, on my Xbox.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:52   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Considering that unlike before, games are being made for both consoles and PCs in mind, so we should expect both areas to at least match up, making it silly to release new consoles this fast as the 360 and the PS3 can still keep up with the current Gen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote