AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 21:33   Link #121
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I maybe the only person here who is more excited about the legendary musician David Sylvian taking part in the ED song.
More like the only person.. anywhere.
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 21:47   Link #122
SimplyEd
Claytard

Well, i wouldn't say that i enjoyed the ED more than the actual anime itself, BUT by now, after i've seen the first episode a few times i have to admit...it certainly grew on me..especially in combination with that freaky image during the credit roll. Creepy suspense, i say.
Old 2004-04-14, 22:43   Link #123
stpehen
kisses for all

Most people seem to dislike the "bad aftertaste" trailing-off end to the ED theme, but for those who have read the manga and know the significance of the picture shown with the credits, it should make perfect sense.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:20   Link #124
Johann
Wildhüter ++

Johann

I hope the groups will use the name Johann instead of Johan,
because that's the german spelling of the name.
Johan would be the right spelling if he was from Iceland, Netherlands or Sweden.

Johann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 11:06   Link #125
JBr
ToTan slave :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann
I hope the groups will use the name Johann instead of Johan,
because that's the german spelling of the name.
Johan would be the right spelling if he was from Iceland, Netherlands or Sweden.
Johan is also Czech version of German name Johann I don't want to spoil the story, so I'll only say that there's a reason why his name is Johan, not Johann. You'll find out yourself in later episodes.
Old 2004-04-15, 15:01   Link #126
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Heh, I was checking out the AnimeSuki main page to see if any more of the series I've been following this month have shown up, and here I see the name Soldats, and being a big fan of their work with FF:U and Hellsing, I grab the file before I think. It's Monster episode 1, so I come to this thread to read about it, and you guys seem to really like it, and I'm a sucker for long-running series (two of my favorites are HxH and FMA right now ^^) because of all the development that occurs, so I'm happy. The DL is at 10% right now, and I can't wait to watch it. I hear Totan's version is the best, but I still want you guys to watch the Soldats version and compare it to Keep and Totan so that I know which group to stick with...

If AniKraze is doing this, too (one of my other favorite subber groups), then I'll have plenty of choices
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 18:24   Link #127
Spooky-Electric

Can anyone give impressions of Soldats version of Monster episode 1??
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 20:05   Link #128
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

The second episode of Monster has been released by ToTan. Excellent! As soon as my Soldats episode 1 has finished (86% right now ), I'll wait for the second one and be able to have a double Monster whammie! ^^

I'm really hyped up about this. Not sure why, but I am.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:07   Link #129
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Can anyone give impressions of Soldats version of Monster episode 1??
Well I prefered the Soldats version to the others released so far. I was bothered by the errors in totan's version, and found some of the phrasing in a-keep's to be rather stilted. Still waiting for kraze before making a final decision about which to archive.
One interesting thing is that with three different versions we have three different translations of Koroshite: Totan, Kill; A-Keep, Please Kill; Soldats, Kill him.

Also, I just watched episode 2 by totan, and the quality seems much improved. I only noticed 2 things:
1. At 6:15 someone is having "troubles sleeping," I'd consider it more natural to say "trouble sleeping."
2. At 16:37 there is an agreement error--"a tearjerking headlines."
Both of which are only small grammatical errors.

By the way, I don't want to sound like I'm down on Totan--I have been impressed with their work on this, the second episode especially.
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 22:16   Link #130
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
so how many eps is this anime gonna be?

If it is 70, then no point, I prefer 12-26 format.
Old 2004-04-15, 22:30   Link #131
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2

Sorry to break it to you but it is going to be 70+ episodes.

18 volumes of manga condensed into 12-26 episodes would be lame.

Last edited by Spooky-Electric; 2004-04-15 at 23:41.
Old 2004-04-15, 23:27   Link #132
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:

well, sorry to say that, but if you prefer 12-26 format, just stay away from MONSTER. There is no way they can make MONSTER into a 12-26 episode series, unless they make a completely crappy version of MONSTER, which is no point anyway.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:00   Link #133
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Let's hope that they do not run out of money in middle of the anime like 12 Kingdoms or Wolf's Rain and got abandon halfway. There is reason why some story should be condensed or break it up into few seasons like Seikai Saga, each season is 13 eps format.

Some story need to be expanded, some is vice versa.
Old 2004-04-16, 00:24   Link #134
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched Soldats' version of episode 1, I'm not that familiar with english medical terms myself, but it seems their translation is near perfect, at least the non-medical-term parts. However one thing I don't understand is at the start where the passage from the Bible is shown, they put a translation notes like "This is an actually passage from the Bible where the word beast has been replaced with monster and Ioanes with Johann" I don't quite understand do they mean the passage itself replaced the terms or that they (Soldats) replaced the terms.

It's because that in reality it's Soldats who replaced the terms. The kanji in that passage is exactly "Beast" (yajuu), not "Monster" (kaijuu). And in the Japanese version of the Bible Ioanes is the same as Johan. As far as I know, that passage is the exact passage from the Japanese version of the Bible, word by word. Also I don't get where they get the "Black Book of Johan" part... it's "Johan's Revelation" (or just "Revelation").
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:39   Link #135
musouka

I loved this episode (as I did the original chapters in the manga) and the way it showed the consequences of Tenma's actions and his downfall. It seems like your pride can be an awfully lonely thing when it's the only thing you have left.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:54   Link #136
Spaceghost

Quote:
Let's hope that they do not run out of money in middle of the anime like 12 Kingdoms or Wolf's Rain and got abandon halfway.
JK did not run out of money, the reason they stopped it is because the novels don't have Youko as the main character, and the anime people wanted to keep her as a main character and could not weave her into the story.

As for Wolf's Rain, I don't think they ran out of money either, the 4 recap episodes were probably because they were behind schedule, which is why they released 4 more for the DVDs.

I just saw Monster 02, very good, and I am very glad about the ending because they deserved it.

This season is not looking good for short anime series, TenTen and Monster don't seem to be short series, hopefully they won't start making filler episodes like they did with Naruto.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 01:11   Link #137
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Getting episode 2 now.... Can't wait
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 01:22   Link #138
Spooky-Electric

I don't think we have to worry about filler in Monster because the manga is completed. With Naruto there might have been a worry about possibly catching up to where the manga is at some point and therefor running out of new content, so they add filler here and there and drag things out as long as possible. But I could have no idea what I'm talking about so don't mind me.

Anyway, I just watched episode 2 and it was great. Stuck very close to the manga (as expected), though I did notice some very slight changes.

I really like how they
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-16, 01:40   Link #139
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I really like how they
Spoiler:
I consider myself pretty unflappable, but that just gave me goosebumps. That and
Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 02:00   Link #140
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
I consider myself pretty unflappable, but that just gave me goosebumps. That and
Spoiler:
Yes... that lil trek the closeup of her eyes then...

That was disturbing...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote