AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-16, 22:21   Link #41
Log
#YOLOSWAG
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: a icy hell
Dat Law.

All I have to say regrading this chapter.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 22:32   Link #42
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
How can Chopper give the rumble ball to Franky? Shouldn't Franky have them somewhere on Chopper's body?
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 22:41   Link #43
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
The yeti's eye cracked? Makes me wonder if they're wearing glasses, or something wacky~

Anyway, onto Law.... I do wonder which Emperor he plans to take down. I doubt it'd be Big Mama, and I highly doubt Law thinks he can take on Blackbeard right now. If Law plans to take down Shanks, I wonder howq Luffy will react.... ?
__________________
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:25   Link #44
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Chapter 667
That was a good chapter. Talk about a character building. Oda brought the Cool brothers up in three chapters then shot them down in one chapter. An alliance with Law sounds interesting, but I think Law going to benefit more then Luffy. My prediction is Luffy is going to turn down this offer. This alliance is not Luffy's style, I also think personally it would be a smart move. Luffy has a beef with Black Beard and Big Mamma, I do not see him going after Kaido and Shanks (his friend) because it suits him. Luffy never plans for anything. To accept Law’s proposal would me a huge change in Luffy’s character.

The Alliance
For one thing Luffy does not need Law to take down a Yonkou. The Straw hat crew are strong enough with out Law. Law needs Luffy, because Law came to Luffy with the proposal. Second Luffy already has powerful friends and allies in high places, Law does not. Third Law benefits from this deal. Out of all the supernovas out there Luffy and Zoro are the only ones you can trust not to stab you in the back. For everyone else, you better sleep with one eye open at all times. It is obvious that Law would want to side with Luffy. Luffy is strong, honest, and he would never hurt you intentionally. Luffy does not have to take out a Yonkou to get to one piece. Finally Luffy’s goal is to be Pirate King not Yonkou. So why should Luffy help Law out at all. Let him duke it out with the Yonkou by himself. That will leave one less enemy looking for to fight the Straw Hats.

Law and the plan
From what I gather so far about this "Important Key", it sounds like a one shot deal. Law is offering a chance to take one of the four Yonkous out. Another thing Law said “But the truth is, sleeping here on this Island is an Important key.” on the last page. Is this “Important Key” a living thing? So far Law has not been a series evil guy at all. His overall actions make him more of a good guy then a bad guy. But things can change fast, I personally do not trust law. What is Law’s game? Why of all people offer it to Luffy?

Luffy
For those who doubt Luffy’s strength to fight a Yonkou, In this arch alone, there is a Shichibukai, Vice Admiral, Luffy, Zoro, CC, and the Important Key (that may be the keystone to Law’s Plan). Majority of the time Luffy and his crew have been handy capped. Good example body switching. There is already a lot of powerful players in this arch. What will you say if Luffy and the crew wipes the floor with them?
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:36   Link #45
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
How can Chopper give the rumble ball to Franky? Shouldn't Franky have them somewhere on Chopper's body?
makes sense
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:46   Link #46
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
How can Chopper give the rumble ball to Franky? Shouldn't Franky have them somewhere on Chopper's body?
i also wondered about that. unless chopper took it upon himself to take all his belongings when they changed bodies.

this was a pretty good chapter nonetheless. no panels and pages wasted, intriguing developments, interesting revelations, good humor and some new badass techniques.

of course everyone is now focused on the possible law and luffy alliance. i think we all wish that. i've always felt that luffy would need more allies if he were to become the pirate king. perhaps this alliance could be the start.

i loved that luffy discovered a way to use his fusen for offensive purposes. he's no longer just randomly bouncing off attacks. pretty cool!
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 02:09   Link #47
adriankhoo153
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter 666 shows that Law targeted Big Mam too? Anyone can show me which one showing Laws pirate being wipe out by Big Mam?
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 03:03   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
The yeti's eye cracked? Makes me wonder if they're wearing glasses, or something wacky~
Like I said before...he is obviously using a gas mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Chapter 666 shows that Law targeted Big Mam too? Anyone can show me which one showing Laws pirate being wipe out by Big Mam?
We weren't shown such a thing...
People believe that Law is targeting Big Mam because he says that CC is a sick bastard for using the candy on the kids like someone else he knows.

Personally I don't view it as him targeting Big Mam, just that he knows someone else that is a sick, underhanded individual (just because there's candy in the same page doesn't mean the reference involved it...)
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 10:10   Link #49
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You know, something really interesting occurred to me: What if Scotch of the Yeti Bros. is the same "Iron Boy" Scotch that X Drake encountered shortly before the skip at Kaidou's territory? Now, for those who don't know who I'm talking about, I'm referring to this large fellow here (whose name was recently revealed in the book Blue Deep):





^Notice that this Scotch has a somewhat similar build to the yetis. Plus, it would actually make a lot of sense if it were the same character because it would most likely mean that he went through a similar situation as Brownbeard did: He ended up getting wrecked by one of the super rookies of the "worst generation", got sent to Punk Hazard, and was revived due to a combination of CC's chemicals and Law's modifications. Plus, I really doubt that it's a mere coincidence that we have two guardians on snowy islands named "Scotch".....


Lastly, it would also explain why the brothers' faces still haven't been shown despite them having been properly introduced.



Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Luffy
For those who doubt Luffy’s strength to fight a Yonkou, In this arch alone, there is a Shichibukai, Vice Admiral, Luffy, Zoro, CC, and the Important Key (that may be the keystone to Law’s Plan). Majority of the time Luffy and his crew have been handy capped. Good example body switching. There is already a lot of powerful players in this arch. What will you say if Luffy and the crew wipes the floor with them?


Dude, we've already went through this hundreds of times before. Hell, Law even clearly indicated that making an alliance was the most sure-fire way to take down one of the Yonkou. I mean, just look much trouble Whitebeard's crew alone gave the marines during the war. While Luffy's definitely became insanely stronger through his training, I still highly doubt that he's ready to take on any emperors solo. So I'm pretty much with everyone else who says that forming alliances with other powerful pirates would be the only way for him to stand a chance against an emperor's full might at this point.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-05-17 at 10:50.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 12:12   Link #50
randomlex
In the eye of the storm
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Well, Luffy told Big Mam that he's responsible for the missing candy shipment, and while the yonkou didn't believe him, she did say she'll punish/destroy him instead of Fishman Island. So it's pretty much a given that Luffy will fight against Big Mam. Having Law tag along doesn't seem like much of a deal in that case.

Law seems to have a personal reason for going against the yonkou, since he became Shichibukai for the sole reason to be able to search for that "key" at Punk Hazard without anyone interfering. And yeah, the only reason he's willing to partner up with Luffy is because he's the only one who won't stab him in the back (he may not know Luffy's character, but he did save his life, which goes a long way).

Shanks seems to be the only one with a small, but very strong crew - even Whitebeard had a whole army at his disposal + all the allies. It makes sense that Big Mam also has a ton of underlings and it would be hard for Luffy and his crew alone to fight them all, especially when even the low ranks can use Haki (I'm talking about the lion and the long-legs guy at Fishman Island).

He really has no reason not to accept Law's offer, unless Law is after Shanks or Kaidou (the first one is his inspiration, while the second one he doesn't know at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 667
That was a good chapter. Talk about a character building. Oda brought the Cool brothers up in three chapters then shot them down in one chapter. An alliance with Law sounds interesting, but I think Law going to benefit more then Luffy. My prediction is Luffy is going to turn down this offer. This alliance is not Luffy's style, I also think personally it would be a smart move. Luffy has a beef with Black Beard and Big Mamma, I do not see him going after Kaido and Shanks (his friend) because it suits him. Luffy never plans for anything. To accept Law’s proposal would me a huge change in Luffy’s character.

The Alliance
For one thing Luffy does not need Law to take down a Yonkou. The Straw hat crew are strong enough with out Law. Law needs Luffy, because Law came to Luffy with the proposal. Second Luffy already has powerful friends and allies in high places, Law does not. Third Law benefits from this deal. Out of all the supernovas out there Luffy and Zoro are the only ones you can trust not to stab you in the back. For everyone else, you better sleep with one eye open at all times. It is obvious that Law would want to side with Luffy. Luffy is strong, honest, and he would never hurt you intentionally. Luffy does not have to take out a Yonkou to get to one piece. Finally Luffy’s goal is to be Pirate King not Yonkou. So why should Luffy help Law out at all. Let him duke it out with the Yonkou by himself. That will leave one less enemy looking for to fight the Straw Hats.

Law and the plan
From what I gather so far about this "Important Key", it sounds like a one shot deal. Law is offering a chance to take one of the four Yonkous out. Another thing Law said “But the truth is, sleeping here on this Island is an Important key.” on the last page. Is this “Important Key” a living thing? So far Law has not been a series evil guy at all. His overall actions make him more of a good guy then a bad guy. But things can change fast, I personally do not trust law. What is Law’s game? Why of all people offer it to Luffy?

Luffy
For those who doubt Luffy’s strength to fight a Yonkou, In this arch alone, there is a Shichibukai, Vice Admiral, Luffy, Zoro, CC, and the Important Key (that may be the keystone to Law’s Plan). Majority of the time Luffy and his crew have been handy capped. Good example body switching. There is already a lot of powerful players in this arch. What will you say if Luffy and the crew wipes the floor with them?
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:10   Link #51
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
^
The second paragraph I agree with. But at the end of the day is it what Luffy would do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Dude, we've already went through this hundreds of times before. Hell, Law even clearly indicated that making an alliance was the most sure-fire way to take down one of the Yonkou. I mean, just look much trouble Whitebeard's crew alone gave the marines during the war. While Luffy's definitely became insanely stronger through his training, I still highly doubt that he's ready to take on any emperors solo. So I'm pretty much with everyone else who says that forming alliances with other powerful pirates would be the only way for him to stand a chance against an emperor's full might at this point.....
Say what you will but the evidence for Luffy’s case is getting stronger with every chapter that passes.

Black Beard is the Target
I was thinking and finally came to this conclusion based on Luffy and the proposal Law made. When you make a proposal it is usually with the person you are making the proposal to in mind (That would be Luffy). If Law has done his homework on Luffy and the Yonkou he will not pic Shanks because Luffy looks up to him, that will also most likely cause a confrontation with Luffy. Law will not pick big mamma because Law does not know about the incident between Luffy and Big Mamma at fisherman Island. So Big Mamma is pretty much in the same boat has Kaidou. Luffy will not go out of his way to hurt people without proper cause. That leaves only Black Beard left. Everyone know Black Beard caused the war and brought Ace to the chopping block. Law is not going to waste time on a proposal to Luffy just so he would shoot it down. The most logical choice is Black Beard if he wants Luffy on board.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:20   Link #52
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
^ I believe Law wants to fight one of the Yonkou for his own cause, not because he can team up with luffy...
besides, like he stated b4, they met there by coincidence, so if he already set his eyes in one of yonkou (let's just say: Shanks)
even with or without luffy on his sides, he will confront him for his own reason (probably something about his crewmates since we haven't seen them so far)
he won't just change it to blackbeard so Luffy'd team up with him

I personally the most possible choice is either Shanks or Big Mom
If Shanks is the target, then probably Luffy and Law will part their way as an enemy
If Big Mom is the target, then probably Luffy and Law will also part their way and meet again in the Straw Hat vs Big Mom arc (if there is one)
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 21:49   Link #53
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
^
What you say does have some truth. I don't see law changing his target for Luffy and it does sound personal. Randomlex mentioned about it being personal to. My final decision was based on Luffy and Law. One of your decision would only be wasting time. Why would Law make a proposal to attack shank knowing Luffy would respond negatively? Second let assume Luffy and Shanks did not know each other. Luffy still would not attack Shanks for the same reason he would not attack Kaido. They have done nothing to earn Luffy's wrath.

Luffy is not going to hurt Big Mamma because of Law's personal grudge, he doing it because argument at fisherman Island. I don't see Law picking Big Mamma unless he knows about the incident at fisherman Island. Finally do we know which yonkou law has a personal grudge (if there is one) against?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-05-17 at 22:02.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:08   Link #54
cj1277
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 667

The Alliance
For one thing Luffy does not need Law to take down a Yonkou. The Straw hat crew are strong enough with out Law. Law needs Luffy, because Law came to Luffy with the proposal. Second Luffy already has powerful friends and allies in high places, Law does not. Third Law benefits from this deal. Out of all the supernovas out there Luffy and Zoro are the only ones you can trust not to stab you in the back. For everyone else, you better sleep with one eye open at all times. It is obvious that Law would want to side with Luffy. Luffy is strong, honest, and he would never hurt you intentionally. Luffy does not have to take out a Yonkou to get to one piece. Finally Luffy’s goal is to be Pirate King not Yonkou. So why should Luffy help Law out at all. Let him duke it out with the Yonkou by himself. That will leave one less enemy looking for to fight the Straw Hats.

Luffy
For those who doubt Luffy’s strength to fight a Yonkou, In this arch alone, there is a Shichibukai, Vice Admiral, Luffy, Zoro, CC, and the Important Key (that may be the keystone to Law’s Plan). Majority of the time Luffy and his crew have been handy capped. Good example body switching. There is already a lot of powerful players in this arch. What will you say if Luffy and the crew wipes the floor with them?
So sorry but your theories just seem too personal to actually make sense here. With your second paragragh Luffy's crew is not strong enough currantly if we judge by the power WB came at the world government with, he will be severily out matched.Need is also a strong word, Law seems more than likily to want Luffy but need? Im not getting that vibe. With the powerful friends and allies im guessing you mean the old WB crew, Jimbe, and the New Kama (however they are spelled) guys and yes that is true however he currantly has no way of contacting any of them and to ask for help instead of fighting is definantly out of Luffy's charater. You are also assuming that over the years Law has made no form of powerful allies when that is false since he is currantly allied with CC. Yes hes just using him and vise versa but it at least proves he can make allies.

With the honest stuff i wont touch, i agree Luffy's a nice guy but sentiment has no real place in reality debate but the Yonkou thing you said it yourself. "Luffy's goal is to be pirate king" its already been said the yonkou were form from the strongest 4 pirates in a deadlock battle for pirate king so if Luffy wants the title than yes he will have to defeat the Yonkou (they stand in everyone's way) along with finding Onepiece. So far the alliance is the best way to approach the yonkou and the last paragragh is too personal based as well, as the heros of the story noone expects the SH crew to lose this fight even with so many threats but the good thing about Oda is he has a way of making the
main heros win without making it seem like they will win Just because
they are the main heros so that point is irrelavent.
cj1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:15   Link #55
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
^
White Beard was still alive when Rogers was Pirate King. So no you do not have to defeat a Yonkou to be pirate King. Second do you know how strong Luffy and the crew really are? They have not broken a sweat since they left for the New World. Third your logic for the alliance make sense but do you think Luffy is that kind of person? My decisions were based off of what I think of Luffy and the Crew right now and the events that have unfolded. If Luffy is anything like Rogers he will not make any kind of alliance no matter how bad things get.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:21   Link #56
cj1277
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Black Beard is the Target
I was thinking and finally came to this conclusion based on Luffy and the proposal Law made. When you make a proposal it is usually with the person you are making the proposal to in mind (That would be Luffy). If Law has done his homework on Luffy and the Yonkou he will not pic Shanks because Luffy looks up to him, that will also most likely cause a confrontation with Luffy. Law will not pick big mamma because Law does not know about the incident between Luffy and Big Mamma at fisherman Island. So Big Mamma is pretty much in the same boat has Kaidou. Luffy will not go out of his way to hurt people without proper cause. That leaves only Black Beard left. Everyone know Black Beard caused the war and brought Ace to the chopping block. Law is not going to waste time on a proposal to Luffy just so he would shoot it down. The most logical choice is Black Beard if he wants Luffy on board.[/QUOTE]

This too just seems alittle too thought out. Law didnt expect to see Luffy on this island and hasnt seen him for 2 years. I dought he did all this planning just to cater to Luffy's needs or to convince him to be an ally. With Big Mom and Kaido the fact that Law doesnt know whether Luffy had a confrontation with them or not doesnt matter as he can make the proposal with the tought of just taking down one of the yonkou. If its Shanks we know Luffy will refuse but if its one of the other 3 than luffy might consider (espeacially if its Big mom or BB). Yea i think Luffy will refuse just because thats him but this proposal doesnt have to go through right now. Once Luffy experience the New World himself and sees what Law sees than he may reconsider. Afterall once he saw how outclassed he was at shapody and marineford he did switch his style and told his crew to train for two years.
cj1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:26   Link #57
cj1277
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
White Beard was still alive when Rogers was Pirate King. So no you do not have to defeat a Yonkou to be pirate King. Second do you know how strong Luffy and the crew really are? They have not broken a sweat since they left for the New World. Third your logic for the alliance make sense but do you think Luffy is that kind of person? My decisions were based off of what I think of Luffy and the Crew right now and the events that have unfolded. If Luffy is anything like Rogers he will not make any kind of alliance no matter how bad things get.
Youkou formed after Rodger's death not during. In that era WB, the Golden Lion and Rodgers were the big timers. Akinu said that even after Rodgers died WB wasnt able to claim the throne even though he was now the world strongest, (But we know that WB just didnt want the title, he just wanted to protect his "family"). He became a Yonkou out of this default basically guarding his boarders and protecting Rodgers old turf (i.e. fishman island)
cj1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 22:44   Link #58
grey_1960
Baby 5
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
^
Who cares weather White Beard was a Yonkou then and now. The fact is White Beard was stronger when he was fighting Gold D. Rogers, then he was when he was fighting the Marine Ford War. He still would have qualified has a Yonkou in his prime. So no you still do not have to kill a Yonkou or a Yonkou level fighter to be Pirate King.

Has for my choice for Black Beard being the target. It is based on Luffy's character and Law's proposal. This is the most likely choice Law is going to pick if he want even a small chance of Luffy joining. It does not mean Luffy will say yes or no and it does not mean Law will choose Black Beard, it does not mean the proposal was created for Luffy in mind. But if Law knows Luffy, I do not see him wasting his time with a proposal to Luffy if he will just turn it down. Black Beard is the most logic of choice based on the history and facts.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 03:36   Link #59
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
What you say does have some truth. I don't see law changing his target for Luffy and it does sound personal. Randomlex mentioned about it being personal to. My final decision was based on Luffy and Law. One of your decision would only be wasting time. Why would Law make a proposal to attack shank knowing Luffy would respond negatively? Second let assume Luffy and Shanks did not know each other. Luffy still would not attack Shanks for the same reason he would not attack Kaido. They have done nothing to earn Luffy's wrath.

Luffy is not going to hurt Big Mamma because of Law's personal grudge, he doing it because argument at fisherman Island. I don't see Law picking Big Mamma unless he knows about the incident at fisherman Island. Finally do we know which yonkou law has a personal grudge (if there is one) against?
asking Luffy to join and beat Shanks up is not a waste of time
only take few seconds to say it and I believe Luffy's responses will be even faster.
They met on that island coincidentally so I believe the proposal is kinda spontaneous as well

And I'm not sure if Law knew about both Luffy and Shanks past to the detail and how strong their bound is
I think as far as he concerned, Shanks is only the person who return Luffy's hat during the Marineford War after Ace died.

So teaming up and beat Yonkou is a good proposal for other supernovas in Law's mind, including Luffy

But for the sake not to make the ending any farther, please let it be Big Mom, 1 problem at a time...
Although I believe Luffy will still reject it no matter whose name comes up
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:10   Link #60
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm a little sad that my Scotch theory seems to have been ignored.....



Anyhow, while it seems that Big Mama is the most popular choice of yonkou that Law plans to take down, I'm still kinda not seeing it. Because sure, while Law did respond to CC about his drugged candy, it was so vague that we really can't be sure WHAT he was talking about (for one thing, how do we know he wasn't talking about a drug addict, rather than a candy addict? Even if he's a pirate, his expertise is still in the field of medicine, after all). Personally, I'm still sticking with what I said earlier about Blackbeard or Kaidou being the target emperor. I'm particularly leaning towards the latter since he's the one we know the least about at this point (plus, it would even kinda tie in with my Scotch theory! ).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.