AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-11, 08:36   Link #41
Just a subtitler ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Also, remember the scene where Yukari converses with the Foreign Guy (and Nyamo watches, confused)? In the original Japanese, he was mostly speaking gibberish (meant to represent complicated English), so they changed it to "blah blah" in the dub. Not that I blame them, of course, but I was interested to see how they would take care of it.
Well, in the -Japanese- track they had him say "pero pero, pero pero" over and over again, so it's perhaps a better translation there than you think.

But yeah, Shoko's work is as good as you could possibly ask for on this stuff.

might have helped on a pun or two
AvatarADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 22:40   Link #42
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
I don't order my anime online so i am able to get it a little faster by actually walking into a store and buying it. Typically the relases listed on animeondvd are just what the publishers tell them though it is never really set in stone. BTW dkellis, you should be bale to get kiddy grade disc 2 by now. I bought it almost three weeks ago already.

Also, if you live in Toronto and are looking for a good place to get anime ahead of schedule you should check out the Game Shack in the atrium on bay at Yonge and Dundas and 1,000,000 comix on Yonge just south of Wellsley. Game Shack is a little cheaper but comix has a much better slection (and a huge selection of manga as well)
Well, I just got it myself before the Easter weekend as well as Puni Puni Poemy and Abenobashi Vol. 4, from Anime Xtreme in Toronto (On Spadina south of College St.), which is where I get most of my anime and Gundam models. From what they tell me, when it comes to ADV titles, they get them 2 sometimes 3 weeks before the street date release. The titles from other companies come in the day of and sometimes a week after it's supposed to be released. I can't remember getting any titles from Bandai or Geneon coming in earlier than the set date. I guess as long as the store is hooked up with a good distributor, then you can end up getting certain titles before everyone else. Guess there's advantages to living in Canada after all.

Thanx for giving out those other locations Sabin . Before now, I thought that Anime Xtreme, Cyber city comix, and Silver Snail comics were the only good places in Toronto to get anime. I'll definitely check those two out when I get a chance.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 10:12   Link #43
Secca
nya`
*Artist

The first disc is out on store now, grab your Azumanga DVD. ^^
Old 2004-04-29, 11:16   Link #44
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

/me is still waiting for his pre-ordered DVD w/ artbox to arrive...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 07:01   Link #45
Innotech

I got my copy two days ago. it was definitely worth the wait.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 09:57   Link #46
Silver_Scorcher

# of Volumes

Who bought Azumanga Daioh with the box? Any idea how many discs it holds? I hope it's 6 and not 7 because recently, I think ADV has stretched out alot of their series unnecessarily. Like FMP. They could have easily done it in 6 volumes (Even 5 if they wanted to), but they stretched it out to 7. Come on! it's 24 eps, and they could have done it in 6 volumes with 4 eps per disc. I hope they don't do the same with Azumanga. I hope Bandit Kings theory about the years in school is right.
Old 2004-05-01, 10:11   Link #47
spav
Wavemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Who bought Azumanga Daioh with the box? Any idea how many discs it holds? I hope it's 6 and not 7 because recently, I think ADV has stretched out alot of their series unnecessarily. Like FMP. They could have easily done it in 6 volumes (Even 5 if they wanted to), but they stretched it out to 7. Come on! it's 24 eps, and they could have done it in 6 volumes with 4 eps per disc. I hope they don't do the same with Azumanga. I hope Bandit Kings theory about the years in school is right.
Azumanga is 6 discs. I agree stretching it to 7 is kind of annoying, considering that you know they can fit 5 eps per disc.
spav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 10:20   Link #48
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spav
Azumanga is 6 discs. I agree stretching it to 7 is kind of annoying, considering that you know they can fit 5 eps per disc.
Sweet! Thanks a lot.
Old 2004-05-01, 12:10   Link #49
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
yea its 6 disc.Yeah last year ADV stretched alot of their title to 7 disc like

Full Metal Panic!(24 ep)
Final Fantasy:Unlimited(but the SRP is $25)(26 ep)
Angelic Layer(26 ep)
RahXephon(26 ep)

but this year they are doing better

Azumanga Daioh 26 ep on 6 disc
Choujuushin Gravion 13 ep on 3 disc(Gonzo series)
Kaleido Star first 26 ep on 6 disc(Gonzo series)
Happy Lesson 13 ep on 3 disc
Nuku Nuku TV 12 ep on 3 disc
Wedding Peach 52 ep on 9 disc(pretty damn good)
BASTof syndrome 26 ep on 6 disc

rumor
Getbacker(at the Anime Boston con ADV rep hint that the first disc of Getbacker will have a high ep count (mostly like 6 ep))

The only exception I can think of is the new Evangelion which they were force to become 7 disc because of extra(and yes the extra are pretty damn big)

Sure hope they kept this up and do 6 disc for Chrno Crusade and Maburaho

Last edited by BanditKing; 2004-05-01 at 12:51. Reason: add one more
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 15:51   Link #50
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Coolest Azumanga Daioh video ever!

http://takureihp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/P...-azumanga.html
Press the start button to start the video
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 18:20   Link #51
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

I saw that a few days ago. It's a great video! I wonder how long it took the creator(s) to make it.

By the way, does anyone know what that song is?
SKoRPioN9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 19:16   Link #52
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
There's another one as well, same horible sound quality, same ASCII generator.

These are screen pictures taken from the show mostly run through an ASCII converter and put together.

honestly I don't think it as being " the coolest Azumanga movie." But it's pretty long O.o so i think somebody has been busy for a few days O.o
Old 2004-05-01, 20:36   Link #53
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
ARGHHH! That video!! It took me forever to get that song out of my head after I clicked the link somewhere else. Neat video though, I just have to remember not to sing the "Tell me my prince, What can I do for you?" outloud.

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 22:14   Link #54
Innotech

Im a bit chuffed about Kiddy Grade being stretched thin to 8 discs too. for 26 eps it takes 8 DISCS?! Screw that! But why did Kiddy Grade have to be so damn fun to watch..now I have to complete it. I might check out Kaleidostar. its a shoujo anime, but I actually enjoyed the change of pace and subjects from other animes in the first episode on the NEWtype disc. I recommend checking it out.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 23:35   Link #55
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

FUNimation's standard is 3 episodes per disc
i remember hearing they lost a lot of money on the Fruits Basket release (which they SHOULD have released AFTER tokyopop began releasing the manga, since it probably would have boosted sales (ADV is using this strategy, mainly with Azumanga Daioh: Build a "new" fanbase with the more economically feasible manga then drop the more expensive anime on them (they seem to be doing this with Chrno Crusade and Full Metal Panic...actually it's the opposite with Full Metal Panic (tho the manga may help sales of FUMOFFU when they license that (c'mon, you know they have the license...they just haven't announced it yet, or if they don't have it, they'll get it)))
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 00:13   Link #56
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Wow, someone has way too much free time on their hands. Don't these people have school or work or friends or something???
Old 2004-05-02, 00:41   Link #57
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Wow, someone has way too much free time on their hands. Don't these people have school or work or friends or something???
I think you already know the answer to that.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 05:49   Link #58
Osaka
A !

Ths song is the opening of a bishoujo game, Princess Bride
Old 2004-05-02, 13:15   Link #59
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka
Ths song is the opening of a bishoujo game, Princess Bride
go figure
the video was pretty funny tho~
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 09:55   Link #60
TheMongoMania

Man, I am completely obsessed with this song! It's so catchy.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life