AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 11:49   Link #6621
Ithekro
Warning

How to make a team stronger than Black Forest Peak?

Well for one, any team with the same equipment but being more or less an unknown to Miho does it right off the bat. Of all the teams Miho faced, Black Forest Peak is the one she know's best. She knows her sister and what tactics her former team would generally use. They only surprised her twice. A risky high speed run through the forest to ambush her, and actually using the Maus. Both cost Miho tanks. Everything else she seems to have been able to predict.

Given that Emi is German and would likely be the team leader, Miho doesn't know her tactics. They were part of the same tank crew with Emi as driver If I recall. Miho has always been commander (save when she really didn't want to, or when she was learning from her sister). And unknown who is a friend would be enough to rattle Miho.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:07   Link #6622
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
1) New tank upgrades!!! Let's get Miho and our stars into a Panther pretty pretty please? It's only the logical evolution since they've shown themselves to be adept gunners and excellent drivers, plus that'll give them the kind of firepower they'll need against a team that's tougher than Black Forest. Other team upgrades? King Tiger for the motor team? Or maybe another prototype German tank (but honestly I'd expect that of the enemy team)? The Rabbit team girls deserve at least a Sherman from Saunders...

Maybe that's part of the story, the Ooari girls can't really afford any new tanks despite being picked to go international, so all the other schools pitch in with both crews and tanks to build an all star team! A Sherman for the Rabbit team, along with a Firefly crewed by Saunders girls. A Matilda for the Duck team, along with a Churchill crewed by the St Gloria girls. A KV-2 for the Mallard team along with an IS-2 and our favorite Pravda duo.

Still that's not enough to handle the fearsome late war prototype tanks of the opposing team... All hope still seems lost until Black Forest shows up to contribue a Panther (Anglerfish), King Tiger (Lion), Jagdpanzer IV (Hippo) and JagdPanther (Turtle) along with onee-san in her Tiger!
I know this may be a long shot, but personally, I'm looking forward to an enemy team that places only a reasonable emphasis on good equipment (say Panthers, but no more, if they are indeed a German team) but knows how to use it as the challenge.

As for upgrades ... don't you think the Matilda is a great way to blow Duck team's strengths? If we must go your route, how about giving them that Crusader? At least it is a cruiser tank...

As for a KV-2 for Mallard team, well, at least it is quite well armored, but we have seen the sad consequences of using overly petite girls (OVA 5) to handle a KV-2 and its near 100 pound shells in Episode 9.

And the Sherman is only an incremental improvement over Rabbit team's current lot. I know I always say that they need to split up sometime, but splitting up for a 75mm gun Sherman seems a little ... marginal.

How about let's properly upgrade them, give the Duck Team the M18 w/ roof kit, the Rabbit Team splits into a pair of Comets and so on ... so the next battle will be one where the enemy only holds a moderate advantage in equipment (or we can even go for rough parity) and Emi (or whoever it is) doesn't have to be portrayed as an incompetent...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:37   Link #6623
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Somehow I have a feeling that the opponents Miho & co. would be facing could potentially field a mixbag of vehicles like Oorai, though more organized and with better machines.

Either that, or if Little Army becomes relevant, then we probably will see a bunch of E-series tanks challenging Oorai. Hmm... E series...

Then again, I can't think of any other candidate for leading the opposition than Emi.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 13:46   Link #6624
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

Hypothetical tanks that never made it into production are too hypothetical. It's not Luftwaffe '46.
Old 2013-05-30, 13:50   Link #6625
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Hypothetical tanks that never made it into production are too hypothetical. It's not Luftwaffe '46.
Thats fine, except it'd be very difficult to top what Black Forest fielded in the final episodes of GuP, which could be a challenge. After all, you have to upgrade the enemies in the movie.

I can't think of anything other than to pull an E-series.

Then there is this question, will the Nishizumi sisters fight side-by-side?

Anyway, reading the original text, what the translation didn't tell us is the existence of A.LOT.OF.MAYBEs regarding the movie.

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2013-05-30 at 18:45.
Old 2013-05-30, 13:53   Link #6626
Marina2

Anko team - Upgrade to Panther or One of VK series prototype
Hippo team - Upgrade to JadepanzerIV
Rabbit team - Upgrade to T29 or M6 heavy tank
Leopon team - Keep the Tiger(P)
Duck team - Get Panzer4 from Anko-team / Get new light tank
Turtle team - Get StugIII from Hippo team
Mallard team - Get Hetzer from Turtle team
Old 2013-05-30, 16:58   Link #6627
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support

Forgive my asking, but has there been 1) a release date for the aforementioned OVA and 2) will it be bundled with something (e.d DVD, BD) , released on the web or aired on TV?
Old 2013-05-31, 12:43   Link #6628
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

World Of Tanks: Chieftain's Hatch - Rangefinding

Check this out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chieftain
Believe it or not, there’s actually an example of this technique used in Girls und Panzer, the fight against St Gloriana’s Academy. (For a cartoon, it’s very accurate).

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:11   Link #6629
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

I knew they were closeted fans!

- Tak

Old 2013-05-31, 13:25   Link #6630
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Forgive my asking, but has there been 1) a release date for the aforementioned OVA and 2) will it be bundled with something (e.d DVD, BD) , released on the web or aired on TV?

Isn't OVA 5 supposed to be out by the end of May?
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 13:56   Link #6631
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Isn't OVA 5 supposed to be out by the end of May?
1. He's asking about the Anzio OVA, which as far as we know has no release date or format yet. It's likely to be a stand alone release though.

2. OVA 5 was released this Tuesday along with the 5th BD/DVD, but so far no raws or subs yet.

Old 2013-05-31, 14:37   Link #6632
ForwardUntoDawn
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
1. He's asking about the Anzio OVA, which as far as we know has no release date or format yet. It's likely to be a stand alone release though.

2. OVA 5 was released this Tuesday along with the 5th BD/DVD, but so far no raws or subs yet.
My curiosity was for the Anzio OVA. Thanks for clearing things up. As for OVA 5, the only ally I have on my side is time. I can wait
Old 2013-06-01, 03:21   Link #6633
arkhangelsk

Some OVA5 observations...

Quote:
FYI, the raw is out now.

A few observations on OVA5.
Spoiler for OVA 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I knew they were closeted fans!

- Tak
Didn't a significant portion of the WoT community feel a kinship to GuP?

Images
Type 89 Comic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation of Comic
Type 89's Attack Capability:
  1. I was not made for antitank combat.
  2. However, at zero distance, I can still penetrate about 30mm of armor!
  3. The Matilda's rear armor ... 55m. The M4A1 Sherman's Rear Armor ... 38mm.
  4. Everyone in the Volleyball Club ... I'm sorry!

Type 89's Defensive Capability:
  1. Of course, my armor is also made on the assumption of anti-infantry combat.
  2. I can withstand hits from infantry guns, even at close distances.
  3. Note: There is no infantry in Senshado.
  4. I'm REALLY sorry!
Spoiler for Rant:

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2013-06-01 at 07:58. Reason: More work on OVA5 commentary
Old 2013-06-01, 09:02   Link #6634
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Do keep in mind that Erwin and Yukari are first and foremost schoolgirls, not professional infiltrators (no matter how hardcore Yukari's Saunders mission was... hell, even in that Yukari got busted in the end ). It's only a good thing that our cute KV-2 girl is also not a professional counterspy.

Old 2013-06-01, 09:36   Link #6635
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Do keep in mind that Erwin and Yukari are first and foremost schoolgirls, not professional infiltrators (no matter how hardcore Yukari's Saunders mission was... hell, even in that Yukari got busted in the end ). It's only a good thing that our cute KV-2 girl is also not a professional counterspy.
That's true. Nevertheless, Yukari did much better in Episode 5, and the conditions more favorable. She actually wore the right uniform, was trying to intermix in 200+ people (assuming 40 tanks in Saunders) instead of 70, didn't run the risk of close and prolonged contact with anyone, and asked questions in a briefing where such things were expected (even then, her biggest mistake was to push her luck until Kay starts to really study her - if she had asked one question less she might have gotten away clean with it).
Old 2013-06-01, 09:36   Link #6636
mangatron
Esdese's in love with me!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron

That twintail loli was funny in OVA 2 which reminds me, I need to catch up with the rest of the OVA's, gotta get ready for Anchovy

How did that uniform hide those?!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:11   Link #6637
Lost Cause

FINALLY! A new show I can get into!!
Seen Strikewitches and loved it. Now girls and tanks=COOL!
I think I can hear Panzerlied being played somewhere.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 15:41   Link #6638
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
FINALLY! A new show I can get into!!
Seen Strikewitches and loved it. Now girls and tanks=COOL!
I think I can hear Panzerlied being played somewhere.
I won't spoil which one, but Panzerlied is featured in one of the episodes.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 22:08   Link #6639
ForwardUntoDawn
*IT Support

Quote:
I will say that they carried out their mission successfully in this OVA, since they obtained their intel without getting their cover blown. It is possible that Yukari has since learnt from what happened at Saunders
Old 2013-06-01, 22:27   Link #6640
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I will say that they carried out their mission successfully in this OVA, since they obtained their intel without getting their cover blown. It is possible that Yukari has since learnt from what happened at Saunders
Oh, that was you?

For the above question, it depends on whether you value process or result. It is true that by result, they did better in that they weren't busted. However, by process, they did worse, so it feels like an undeserved win, at least on this desk.

Well, one more comment then:
Quote:
it becomes apparent that the two would have been fast friends, regardless of whether or not they had participated in Panzerfahren.
Well, the problem is that without Panzerfahren, they wouldn't even have met. And even if they bumped into each other in a hallway or something, they wouldn't have opened their hearts. Yukari has clearly had enough of trying to export her Panzerlove, and I suspect the History Club has also learnt from bitter experience that most people outside their little circle are not that interested in history - that's why they had to settle for each other though their interests are in entirely different historical periods!

Quote:
My assessment now is that this episode successfully follows in the footsteps of its predecessors, and more than compensates for the previous OVA’s short length.
My assessment is that this episode was pretty good, but it'd have been better w/o the spy shtick. As for the previous OVA (Anko War), they should not have made it an OVA per se but stuffed it as a side story along with another OVA.

Tags
comedy, gup, military, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks