AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-06, 10:05   Link #6681
rocket
Senior and Demented
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamoto_Mio View Post
Greetings ALL! ~

...

Hence, I joined the forums, for this particular thread in the hopes of joining the intellectual discussions... and possibly extend my search for a particular model and its details...
[/FONT]
Welcome! Enjoy the girls enjoy the tanks!

What's the tank you're curious about?
__________________
rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:50   Link #6682
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Who....who is massaging her head?

Endless "Inquisitive" Soul
Ain't that obvious?

*cough*

*RUNS*
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:56   Link #6683
Sakamoto_Mio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: within the vast plains of the deserted desert
Age: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Who....who is massaging her head?

Endless "Inquisitive" Soul
======

I am suspecting that its possibly Miho, as it seems to be a recurring theme that she massage/pat her head...

(edit) -

OH , so it was YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Welcome! Enjoy the girls enjoy the tanks!

What's the tank you're curious about?
=======

Greetings !

Thank You for the reply ....

The tank in question is this modelle of the (unseen) St. Gloriana A34 Comet:

Spoiler for What I need to know about this tank:


I am interested in knowing what the markings are, though I do know the obvious St. Gloriana icon/logo are, I am curious of the others that are marked by the red boxes so I can complete a skinjob for WoT and I wish to be accurate.

I have looked everywhere for a better close up of this particular tank, in order to see the markings better, and always run into the same problem.

I can see them, but can't read them.

Here's a larger image

Maybe someone knows the source and can read the page that may offer some clues to what - kit - it is or what it says about the markings?
__________________
"NE DESIT VIRTUS"
Sakamoto_Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:00   Link #6684
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Seems that a bit of hotrodding is common for Senshado.
According to the backstory, Senshado started as Tankette racing. So that should be expected.

They don't say it, but it seems the Tankette races allow people shooting at each other like Mariocart.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:33   Link #6685
Endless Soul
Based on a True Story
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamoto_Mio View Post
======


I am interested in knowing what the markings are, though I do know the obvious St. Gloriana icon/logo are, I am curious of the others that are marked by the red boxes so I can complete a skinjob for WoT and I wish to be accurate.

I have looked everywhere for a better close up of this particular tank, in order to see the markings better, and always run into the same problem.

I can see them, but can't read them.

Here's a larger image

Maybe someone knows the source and can read the page that may offer some clues to what - kit - it is or what it says about the markings?
Those are most likely serial numbers and/or identification numbers. No idea what they actually say though, as a quick internet image search of the real tanks shows that the text on the center glacis varies widely, if there was any text at all, and there was generally nothing on the fenders. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Endless "Too tired to think of a nickname" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:32   Link #6686
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Bah, who cares about the Comet.

I am not happy due to the fact that the girl to the left is an unofficial character! :sniff:

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:40   Link #6687
Endless Soul
Based on a True Story
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 45
Well SHE cares about the Comet.

Endless "Just saying" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 12:40   Link #6688
Sakamoto_Mio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: within the vast plains of the deserted desert
Age: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Those are most likely serial numbers and/or identification numbers. No idea what they actually say though, as a quick internet image search of the real tanks shows that the text on the center glacis varies widely, if there was any text at all, and there was generally nothing on the fenders. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Endless "Too tired to think of a nickname" Soul
======

Thanks.... its rather difficult to find ndeed.

I have found some images - however - as I stated - they're too small or I experience the same issue, can't see/read the markings. - I even tried various photoshop tricks and some deblurring techniques to see what it says - again - to no avail..

I'll keep looking, as I'm sure that another images is somewhere to be found, as need the references, so I can complete the skin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Bah, who cares about the Comet.

I am not happy due to the fact that the girl to the left is an unofficial character! :sniff:

- Tak
=======

Yea, there's several vehicles that are unofficial, as well as unnamed and yet to be seen characters...

Though I am in understanding that - "Earl Grey" - is/was the mentor of Darjeeling, who taught her just about everything concerning tank tactics.

If I remember correctly...

.... the Cromwell and Comet were not too favoured by the tank crews due to various reasons, (including) the square turret, which was appalling...
and getting in and out of them was a PITA because of the size of the hatches, in case of quick extractions. - they favoured the american designs more, because of the roominess of the tank designs and interiors.
__________________
"NE DESIT VIRTUS"

Last edited by Sakamoto_Mio; 2013-06-06 at 13:06.
Sakamoto_Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:47   Link #6689
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamoto_Mio View Post
The tank in question is this modelle of the (unseen) St. Gloriana A34 Comet:
That's very clearly a Cromwell tank, and it even says so in Japanese
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:04   Link #6690
Sakamoto_Mio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: within the vast plains of the deserted desert
Age: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's very clearly a Cromwell tank, and it even says so in Japanese
======

The Cromwell and the Comet are so similar (in style), that I wanted to be sure, as the information being placed is subjective (due to the non-japanese speaking/reading crowd)

Thanks for the clarification on it, as japanese isn't my forte and (I can only understand about 44% of it when spoken) - however - another mystery solved!

Does it reference where this page might be from? or what issue it might be from? - I am thinking its a modelling issue, but I don't wish to speculate.

I'll still keep looking, as I would like to get my hands on the info, on this particular modelle.

~ Respects
__________________
"NE DESIT VIRTUS"
Sakamoto_Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:13   Link #6691
jmc247
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I love Yukari, yes , but no love for poor Erwin?

That's okay, I'll love Erwin enough for everyone!
I love Erwin. I very much liked her in this as she actually came off reasonably knowledgeable in the areas she should be here 'military history' and military tactics and not so strong in the areas its reasonable she should be not so strong in.

Obviously, there have been times where I have thought she has been depicted as too ignorant at history. I don't expect her to have my level of knowledge of military history, but at the same time if Yukari (Guderian) can be a super spy, batman and a military history wiz then Erwin can at least be a military history wiz and militarily at least tactically competent. The OVA showed her to be that much and I am happy for that.

I certainly liked the song they sung as well and would like an audio CD of it sung by the two actors.
jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:53   Link #6692
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
I certainly liked the song they sung as well and would like an audio CD of it sung by the two actors.
I require more information regarding the content of this and this?
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 00:46   Link #6693
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Hmm... click at your own risk

Spoiler for May cause brain spasm:


- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:30   Link #6694
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Something I realized: Given that Earl Grey is supposedly drunk by officers, using that name is quite fitting.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 04:15   Link #6695
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamoto_Mio View Post
======

The Cromwell and the Comet are so similar (in style), that I wanted to be sure, as the information being placed is subjective (due to the non-japanese speaking/reading crowd)
The Cromwell and Comet have rather different turrets, with the Comet having a thinner turret with an armored gun mantle, similar to the Black Prince. And even without knowledge of Japanese, one can see the tank being designated in the scan as a "MKVIII", a designation that was once never applied to the Comet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Something I realized: Given that Earl Grey is supposedly drunk by officers, using that name is quite fitting.
I'd drink Earl Grey

*SHOT*
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 04:53   Link #6696
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Both Earl Grey and Chihatan Academy captain Nishi Kinuyo are considered official characters, despite only appearing in supplements, like Carpaccio is.
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:17   Link #6697
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere and nowhere at once
YES!!!!!



Finally, PV for OVA 6:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit:

Images
KV-2 Crew
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Oarai Tourism
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-06-07 at 07:02.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:42   Link #6698
rocket
Senior and Demented
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamoto_Mio View Post
======

Thanks.... its rather difficult to find ndeed.

I have found some images - however - as I stated - they're too small or I experience the same issue, can't see/read the markings. - I even tried various photoshop tricks and some deblurring techniques to see what it says - again - to no avail..

I'll keep looking, as I'm sure that another images is somewhere to be found, as need the references, so I can complete the skin....
I'm sure you saw this...
http://imgur.com/a/iKKlU#10

So yes, I'd imagine a unit number is likely if it was an official build.

Sadly it looks like there's more text than just a simple 01 would account for, so it really could be anything the modeler thought of...

The show's logo, a slogan, unit identification that might have been printed on the actual tank...
__________________
rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:30   Link #6699
inisipis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
YES!!!!!



Finally, PV for OVA 6:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It looks like the History buff club decided to do a "Little women" play, I wonder what kind of twisted twist they'll add to the classic.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:18   Link #6700
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Cheaper than buying a premade messenger bag: Buying a patch and sewing it onto the messenger bag that you already own.

__________________
Endless Knackwurst is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, gup, military, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.