AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 13:15   Link #661
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

You know 4tran, none of the tanks fielded by Ooarai are up to par against the tanks fielded by other schools thus far. Not the British tanks, and definitely not the upcoming Shermans.

I initially thought they probably won't take armor penetration into consideration (because the initial impression is a giant paintball game with tanks), but apparently they did. This made all the tanks fielded by Oorai obsolete save for one, the Sturmgeschutz III, which was the only vehicle with a strong enough gun worth a damn, except it was trashed in a rather embarrassing display of ego

I am willing to bet the T-34 is on the menu somewhere, followed definitely by Tigers (led by big-sister probably in the Bengal Tiger). Without some serious upgrade, I don't see Oorai prevailing in any of the matches. If I had my way, I'd probably replace the 38(t) and the Type 89 asap. Those two vehicles were already outdated by WWII.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-10-31 at 13:49.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:08   Link #662
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

GuP Girls Popularity Poll.

Yukari in first place pleases me, with Erwin coming in second and Mako in third.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:09   Link #663
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I think it'd be interesting if the Student Council decided to make a Hetzer out of their Pz38(T).

Endless "Little troublemaker" Soul
Old 2012-10-31, 15:16   Link #664
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know 4tran, none of the tanks fielded by Ooarai are up to par against the tanks fielded by other schools thus far. Not the British tanks, and definitely not the upcoming Shermans.

I initially thought they probably won't take armor penetration into consideration (because the initial impression is a giant paintball game with tanks), but apparently they did. This made all the tanks fielded by Oorai obsolete save for one, the Sturmgeschutz III, which was the only vehicle with a strong enough gun worth a damn, except it was trashed in a rather embarrassing display of ego

I am willing to bet the T-34 is on the menu somewhere, followed definitely by Tigers (led by big-sister probably in the Bengal Tiger). Without some serious upgrade, I don't see Oorai prevailing in any of the matches. If I had my way, I'd probably replace the 38(t) and the Type 89 asap. Those two vehicles were already outdated by WWII.

- Tak
I'd also want to replace the Lee with a Sherman, or even a Ram-II. The remaining freshmen could be used to kit out the President's team with a full crew as they also upgrade to a Panzer IV Ausf. H.

I'd bring Miho's Panzer IV to Ausf. H standard, most notably in replacing the L/24 howitzer with an L/43 or L/48. If rules permit, I'd even toughen up the suspension and install a Pantherturm and 75mm L/70 (Hey, as long as it was tried out before the end of the war, it's cool).

The Volleyball team gets to trade the Type 89 up for Heavy Tank or Tank Destroyer. The first that comes to mind is the KV-1, but the KV-2 and KV-1S could also work. A kitbash tank like the SU-76i (or if proof permits, SU-85i) may also come into play.

The Historical nuts are also forced to take off their banners, and perhaps they could come up with a unified team color scheme?
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 16:47   Link #665
4Tran

Quote:
The 38(t) sports a 37mm gun; just as most of its contemporaries did. It also had a decent combat record up until Barbarossa. Sure it couldn't handle heavy tanks, but almost no pre-war models could either. I'd say that the 38(t) was obsolescent by 1941, and obsolete by 1942.

It'd be a shame for it to be replaced before we get to see it manage to accomplish something on the battlefield. That'd be unnecessarily downplaying its viability.

What's also sort of amusing is that while a Matilda II is more dangerous than an M3 in a duel, the British were phasing the former out just as the M3 was introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Yukari in first place pleases me, with Erwin coming in second and Mako in third.
These results don't seem surprising at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I'd also want to replace the Lee with a Sherman, or even a Ram-II. The remaining freshmen could be used to kit out the President's team with a full crew as they also upgrade to a Panzer IV Ausf. H.

I'd bring Miho's Panzer IV to Ausf. H standard, most notably in replacing the L/24 howitzer with an L/43 or L/48. If rules permit, I'd even toughen up the suspension and install a Pantherturm and 75mm L/70 (Hey, as long as it was tried out before the end of the war, it's cool).

The Volleyball team gets to trade the Type 89 up for Heavy Tank or Tank Destroyer. The first that comes to mind is the KV-1, but the KV-2 and KV-1S could also work. A kitbash tank like the SU-76i (or if proof permits, SU-85i) may also come into play.

The Historical nuts are also forced to take off their banners, and perhaps they could come up with a unified team color scheme?
These aren't bad ideas, but do bear in mind that St. Gloriana fielded only one late-war tank; all of those Matildas are pre-war models. In comparison, Ooarai's current AFVs are:

Panzer IVD - pre-war model
Type 89 - obsolete before the war
StuG III - mid-war model
M3 - mid-war model
Panzer 38(t) - pre-war model

Unless every team is stacking their lists with late-war death machines, too much of an upgrade would be a bit unfair. I do like the idea of going from M3 to M4 and shifting over the extra girl to the 38(t). The Type 89 totally has to go - a replacement KV-1 is a good idea, and something like a Cromwell would work as well.

The Pz. IV getting its gun destroyed tells me that it's going to get the first upgrade. But the L70 is a bad idea - it didn't work out in real life for a reason.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:59   Link #666
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I'd also want to replace the Lee with a Sherman, or even a Ram-II.
I'd just go big with a Sherman Firefly

Quote:
The remaining freshmen could be used to kit out the President's team with a full crew as they also upgrade to a Panzer IV Ausf. H.

Not only that, I recommend getting Schurzen skirts. The IV has a dire need of additional armor.

Quote:
I think they want a Japanese representation. Unfortunately, most Japanese tanks in WWII had less-than-positive reputation. If they insist however, I'd recommend the Type 3 or 4. While both were still ugly and under-performing machines compared to their allied counterpart, at least they are both armed with half-decent guns.

Quote:
While any normal individuals would agree to your suggestion, I doubt they'd go for it in the show, seeing as it is now the most iconic vehicle of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I think it'd be interesting if the Student Council decided to make a Hetzer out of their Pz38(T).
I agree, if the producers don't think two tank destroyers is two too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The 38(t) sports a 37mm gun; just as most of its contemporaries did. It also had a decent combat record up until Barbarossa.
The 38(t) certainly fulfilled its role superbly, but I keep in mind that none of Germany's campaigns before Barbarossa demanded large-scale Panzer vanguards and anti-tank weaponry at their time was still at its infancy. Hell, when the Germans absorbed the 38(t) as part of their Panzer arsenal, they already regarded the vehicle as a light tank and an infantry support vehicle. IMO, it was just not meant for tank vs tank warfare.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-10-31 at 17:15.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:28   Link #667
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:

I wish 左衛門佐 / カバさんチーム(歴女チーム) (dark red head) was up there, she is my favorite from the historics club.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:31   Link #668
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Not only that, I recommend getting Schurzen skirts. The IV has a dire need of additional armor.
Would that affect mobility? It was their deft handling this time that allowed Team A to take out three of the four remaining enemy tanks, and it would be a shame to sacrifice that. A heavier gun I can agree would be good, though.

The volleyball team just has to trade up. It has been excellently demonstrated that they simply lack the firepower to be effective, despite their clever tactics.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:32   Link #669
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:

My Koyama Yuzu.....

Hah!!! That means she's all mine!!!!!!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:37   Link #670
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Would that affect mobility? It was their deft handling this time that allowed Team A to take out three of the four remaining enemy tanks, and it would be a shame to sacrifice that. A heavier gun I can agree would be good, though.
But that was out of desperation on a terrain that was somewhat favorable

I doubt all future arena battles would allow them to pull the same trick.

OTOH, since we are talking about adding a larger gun, the weight would increase accordingly. I also don't recall an instance where the added skirts hindered with mobility much.

But before we even suggesting replacement vehicles, how about we start by a couple things... I suggest better basic training, marksmanship, communication and how about a bit of willpower? The crew had a perfect advantage against the British tanks but lost it due to lack of communication, poor marksmanship and cowardice. Then you have the president missing a shot point-blank. I'd suggest starting with those glaring issues, first

- Tak (Oh, and are we forgetting about Panthers? *gasp*)
Old 2012-10-31, 17:57   Link #671
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
My favorite tank and its relative, the Jagdpanther? Never!

Endless "Never forget" Soul
Old 2012-10-31, 18:21   Link #672
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Panzer IVD - pre-war model
Type 89 - obsolete before the war
StuG III - mid-war model
M3 - mid-war model
Panzer 38(t) - pre-war model

Unless every team is stacking their lists with late-war death machines, too much of an upgrade would be a bit unfair. I do like the idea of going from M3 to M4 and shifting over the extra girl to the 38(t). The Type 89 totally has to go - a replacement KV-1 is a good idea, and something like a Cromwell would work as well.

The Pz. IV getting its gun destroyed tells me that it's going to get the first upgrade. But the L70 is a bad idea - it didn't work out in real life for a reason.
From what I can tell, Sanders us going to be using first-generation Shermans. The Panzer IV Ausf. D, Type 89 and Panzer 38(t) are going to need some upgrades to keep pace (keep in mind, the Sherman was originally equipped with a gun the US thought could kill Tigers, even if that wasn't the case), while the M3 is "Could stand the upgrade, but could survive without" and the StuG III is "Doesn't need upgrades for now."

The L70 idea was me trying to push the established rules of Panzerkraft. I don't figure it'll actually show up, and would essentially turn Miho's tank into a Tank Destroyer.

That said, the Panther and Jagdpanther would make decent lategame replacements for the Panzer IV and StuG III, but I can't see anything Japanese save for maybe the I-O heavy tank thing showing up that late in the game.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:32   Link #673
Random Wanderer

Quote:
But before we even suggesting replacement vehicles, how about we start by a couple things... I suggest better basic training, marksmanship, communication and how about a bit of willpower? The crew had a perfect advantage against the British tanks but lost it due to lack of communication, poor marksmanship and cowardice. Then you have the president missing a shot point-blank. I'd suggest starting with those glaring issues, first
The first-years need proper training and combat experience so they learn not to run, yes. I've already said Momo needs to be replaced: her berserk insanity cost Ourai their ambush, and kept them from properly focusing their fire while the British tanks split up to take them on. And that last miss was inexcusable. If she can't exercise self-control, she needs to be out. Aside from needing a new tank, Team B's only real problem is the some one Team C has: they're caricatures rather than characters. Team B is a volleyball team, and that is all they are: they have no personalities beyond a love for volleyball. Team C is a group of history fanatics who are obsessed with appearance over substance. Again, that is all they are, and thus little things like logic and reason can get no grip in their minds. Despite that, those two teams are fairly capable.

Personnel issues can be dealt with as an ongoing project, but no matter how well everyone trains it won't change the fact that the Type 89 is simply incapable of disabling an enemy. And that means that one of the three teams that should actually be effective is crippled due to something they can't do anything about.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:50   Link #674
4Tran

Quote:
I'd just go big with a Sherman Firefly
I heartily agree: British Sherman = Best Sherman!

Quote:
The 38(t) certainly fulfilled its role superbly, but I keep in mind that none of Germany's campaigns before Barbarossa demanded large-scale Panzer vanguards and anti-tank weaponry at their time was still at its infancy. Hell, when the Germans absorbed the 38(t) as part of their Panzer arsenal, they already regarded the vehicle as a light tank and an infantry support vehicle. IMO, it was just not meant for tank vs tank warfare.
I don't see how the 38(t) is all that much worse than the early Pz. IIIs. They have the same gun and roughly the same armor protection. Sure, it has riveted armor and a 2-man turret, but that's not that significant. Compared to Pz. Is and Pz. IIs, the 38(t) is excellent. Weren't they used as Pz. III replacements during the Battle of France?

Quote:
There's only two ways for skirts to affect mobility: added weight which slows the machine down, or if dirt or snow gets lodged inside them, jamming the treads. The first isn't too big an issue since skirts don't weigh that much. However, I'm not sure how useful the upgrade is since they were originally adopted to counter Soviet anti-tank rifles, and none of these are going to show up. They look pretty nifty though.

Quote:

I'd start with basic tank operations and tactics first. There's a lot of subjects to cover, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode should largely be a training episode with some discussion of what their various AFVs can and can't do.

Maho's school should have Tiger I, Panther and Pz. IIIJ AFVs and we wouldn't want to mix good guy tanks with the bad guy tanks.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:03   Link #675
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I don't see how the 38(t) is all that much worse than the early Pz. IIIs. They have the same gun and roughly the same armor protection. Sure, it has riveted armor and a 2-man turret, but that's not that significant. Compared to Pz. Is and Pz. IIs, the 38(t) is excellent. Weren't they used as Pz. III replacements during the Battle of France?
Sure, but even by that time, they were used in large part as infantry support. My point was this: Its not suited for tank vs tank combat, not to mention the 38(t)s were markedly inferior to French Chars even during the Battle of France. The Pz.IIIs notwithstanding, since the German Army already admitted by that time models I - III were considered outdated and should be replaced. The 38(t) was thrown in because there weren't enough Panzers for the Battle of France. Certainly, they were on-par with Panzer IIIs, but it doesn't change the fact that they were still obsolete models, which the German Army had admitted to on numerous occasions.

In fact, thats what the IVs were for, but the war started before German generals could completely replace their earlier models with IVs. Even though IVs eventually ended being the German Army's workhorse, it was not in a way originally intended.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-10-31 at 19:28.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:31   Link #676
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Sure, but even by that time, they were used in large part as infantry support. My point was this: Its not suited for tank vs tank combat, where the 38(t)s were markedly inferior to French Chars even during the Battle of France. The Pz.IIIs notwithstanding, since the German Army already admitted by that time models I - III were considered outdated and should be replaced. In fact, thats what the IVs were for, but the war had started before German generals could completely replace their earlier models with IVs. Even though the process did eventually occur during the war, it was not in a way originally intended.

- Tak
The Panzer 38 (t) was used as the main tank in the 7th (Rommel's division) and 8th panzerdivisions inthe atacck to France in 1940 (91 and 116 Pz. 38 respectively, and the 6th Pz.Div. even had 118 Pz. 35 (t) ).

In Operation Barbarossa in 1941 the Pz. 38 (t) equiped the 7th (167 Pz.38), the 8th (118 Pz.38), the 12th (109 Pz.38), the 19th (110 Pz.38), the 20th (121 Pz.38), and the 6th Pz. div still had 155 Pz. 35 (t).

Only in the Poland's invasion in 1939, the Pz. 38 (t) and 35 (t) were used in non divisional units (mainly for infantry support), but from the french campaign they were used in the same rol as Pz. III.
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 19:44   Link #677
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Again, this was the point: German generals admitted to the fact that IIIs and 38(t)s were obsolete models and the latter were used mainly to supplement numbers. These models proved inferior during the Battle of France and would fare worse in the upcoming campaign launched against Russia.

How they were used does not change the fact that the IIIs were never intended to be used in the way they were during the Battle of France, neither was the 38(t). German generals did not believe they were ready for a war until 1942 ~ 1943. When the war did start, the number of operational vehicles to perform the German Army's intended roles was of concern. Thus the German Army had little choice but to compensate quantity with availability.

During the war, no fewer than 2.75 million horses & muels were employed by the German army. There was one (amongst others) simple reason for this, the German Army never mustered enough mechanized transportation. While production did improve by 1943, when Germany switched to a complete war-economy, it did not completely resolve the problem suffered by the German Army since 1939, logistics.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-10-31 at 19:56.
Old 2012-10-31, 20:50   Link #678
Hata
時の異邦人

some of things to remember from the OP

-- Miho's sister Maho's Black Forest team consists of 1 Tiger and 4 Panzer III?
-- Miho's Panzer IV team wear darker uniforms which is similar to the German Panzer crews wear in WWII, but different than the white sailor suits they had been wearing so far in the show, so yes, there is hope for a consistent color tones both in uniform and tank camo in later episodes. especially the Stug III and 38T (new lower profile paint job and flags?) but each team will have their team logo on the tank.,
Panzer IV Monkfish 38T Turtle Type89 Duck StuG III Hippo M3Lee Rabbit
-- we already knew at least 4 of the 5 tanks of the Saunders are the regular Sherman, and the battle started near beach/water front where the Sherman were shown during a force recon.
-- from the OP silhouette there is a great possibility that Saunders school only consist the Sherman, and nothing else, but we can not rule out a different type of Sherman as the boss tank.
-- from the same analogy, the Soviet school will have minimum two different tanks, and I am guessing T34-85 and IS-2, IS-2 (the one in the back) has the distinct flash muzzler.

now my general guess.

-- I agree that since the barrel is busted, the Panzer IV will get a long barrel 75mm like right in the next episode, not to mention they will get the new Oarai Monkfish logo painted as in the OP, no guess on the other 4 tanks, to my thinking upgrade is a must to take on the Soviets, but not necessary the Americans.
-- the Oarai team is almost guarantee for 3 more battle, (America, Soviet, German), as we are in episode 4 out of 12 total, so it does seems they will beat the America and Soviet, looking at the paring it does work out that way. the German is on the other side of the 16 team bracket I think.
just read wiki,I think this is the round breakdown.
round 1 American (Saunders)
round 2 Italy!! (Anzio)
round 3 Soviet (Pravda)
round 4 German (Black Forest)
this is very curious, Italy does not even get a screen time during OP.

-- even if I bet in every single battle, the Oarai team will have the inferior tanks, no doubt about that in my mind. there won't be a story if they won on tank quality alone, so forget about dream upgrade to awesome tank, Panzer IV G/H probably will be the strongest tank on the team.
-- and my best guess is Oarai will not beat the German tanks/Miho's sister, but won the respect of others, with Miho cure of whatever traumatize her before.

puzzles still need to be solved.
-- Miho's reason for quitting her sister's team.
-- why all of Miho's teddy bears are wounded and bandaged.
-- Miho's relationship with her sister and mother. a good contrast with Hana and her mother I supposed?
of course, good guess those things are related. and falling off the cliff into the water during battle is part of the background history. but to guess a real bear is involved would be a bit much.
-- why it is a must for Oarai team to win or else.
nothing catastrophe I think, this is after all a light show of cute girl in tanks, reason could range from dissolving school tank club to dissolving school altogether, but I doubt anyone's life is at stake here. money could be a reason, as the way the Oarai team is made up from past junks, they can not afford to buy new tanks?

Last edited by Hata; 2012-10-31 at 21:20.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 21:06   Link #679
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
I have the feeling that the vehicles and crews were chosen very specifically as an easy way to demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses that matter in tank combat. The M3 is to show the effect of panic and inexperience, the Type 89 to show how weak certain tanks are, and the 38(t) to show how ineffective a 1-man turret is. I'd imagine that these will be expanded on in future episodes, but only if it doesn't interfere with the story that's being told.
Going by that, for me the 38(t) is to show the effect of shooting like crazy in combat. Momo is a decent person in training sessions, but loses her cool in a contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
-- from the OP silhouette there is a great possibility that Saunders school only consist the Sherman, and nothing else, but we can not rule out a different type of Sherman as the boss tank.
I'm sort of curious about that too. St. Gloriana has the Churchill as their "boss" tank. I wonder what the Saunders have.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 21:13   Link #680
4Tran

Quote:
From what I can tell, Sanders us going to be using first-generation Shermans. The Panzer IV Ausf. D, Type 89 and Panzer 38(t) are going to need some upgrades to keep pace (keep in mind, the Sherman was originally equipped with a gun the US thought could kill Tigers, even if that wasn't the case), while the M3 is "Could stand the upgrade, but could survive without" and the StuG III is "Doesn't need upgrades for now."
Weren't the M4s shown at the end of episode 4 late-war models? Only the Type 89 is dying to be replaced. Even against M4s, the 38(t) can be effective against sides and rears.

Quote:
The L70 idea was me trying to push the established rules of Panzerkraft. I don't figure it'll actually show up, and would essentially turn Miho's tank into a Tank Destroyer.
Well the main problem with the L70 is that it's just too heavy and too much gun as a turret mount. Otherwise, you're just turning it into a Jagdpanzer IV.

Quote:
Aside from needing a new tank, Team B's only real problem is the some one Team C has: they're caricatures rather than characters. Team B is a volleyball team, and that is all they are: they have no personalities beyond a love for volleyball.
Have any of the characters aside from Team A and the Student Council given us their names yet? I suspect that they will get a bit fleshed out next episode.

Quote:
Sure, but even by that time, they were used in large part as infantry support. My point was this: Its not suited for tank vs tank combat, not to mention the 38(t)s were markedly inferior to French Chars even during the Battle of France.
The difference isn't as much as might think. In Guderian's memoirs, he stated that the French tanks had more armor and better guns, but German ones had better mobility and control. It's a decent trade-off.

Quote:
The Pz.IIIs notwithstanding, since the German Army already admitted by that time models I - III were considered outdated and should be replaced. The 38(t) was thrown in because there weren't enough Panzers for the Battle of France. Certainly, they were on-par with Panzer IIIs, but it doesn't change the fact that they were still obsolete models, which the German Army had admitted to on numerous occasions.

In fact, thats what the IVs were for, but the war started before German generals could completely replace their earlier models with IVs. Even though IVs eventually ended being the German Army's workhorse, it was not in a way originally intended.
That should just be the Pz. Is and IIs which were considered obsolete. Pz. IIIs, 35(t)s and 38(t)s were considered competitive in the early campaigns. The Pz. III and equivalents were supposed to engage enemy tanks and it was the Pz. IVs which were the support tanks - that's why they had a low-velocity gun.

Quote:
now my general guess.

-- I agree that since the barrel is busted, the Panzer IV will get a long barrel 75mm like right in the next episode, not to mention they will get the new Oarai Monkfish logo painted as in the OP, no guess on the other 4 tanks, to my thinking upgrade is a must to take on the Soviets, but not necessary the Americans.
-- the Oarai team is almost guarantee for 3 more battle, (America, Soviet, German), as we are in episode 4 out of 12 total, so it does seems they will beat the America and Soviet, looking at the paring it does work out that way. the German is on the other side of the 16 team bracket I think.
-- even if I bet in every single battle, the Oarai team will have the inferior tanks, no doubt about that in my mind. there won't be a story if they won on tank quality alone, so forget about dream upgrade to awesome tank, Panzer IV G/H probably will be the strongest tank on the team.
I agree with all of these comments as it doesn't make sense for the main characters to be the favorites. The Italian team (Anzio) should come after Saunders. No upgrade is needed against them either.

Quote:
-- why it is a must for Oarai team to win or else.
nothing catastrophe I think, this is after all a light show of cute girl in tanks, reason could range from dissolving school tank club to dissolving school altogether, but I doubt anyone's life is at stake here. money could be a reason, as the way the Oarai team is made up from past junks, they can not afford to buy new tanks?
I think it's going to be more that they just want to do the best they can and possibly to represent Japan in the world championship alluded to in the first episode. If we need more personal reasons, then it could be Miho wanting to go up against her sister (more shades of Saki).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Going by that, for me the 38(t) is to show the effect of shooting like crazy in combat. Momo is a decent person in training sessions, but loses her cool in a contest.
Shooting crazy can be both a personality trait and an artifact of a 1-man turret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm sort of curious about that too. St. Gloriana has the Churchill as their "boss" tank. I wonder what the Saunders have.
If the trooper tank is a 75mm M4, then the boss can be a 76mm M4. If the troopers are already at 76mm, then the only choices are the Jumbo M4, Pershing, or maybe even a Sherman Firefly (please, please, please).

Tags
comedy, gup, military, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks