AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-23, 08:20   Link #7581
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
And now for some incredible news... GUP FIGHTS CRIME!

Alright, not directly, but supposedly GuP has helped reduce crime in Oarai. The method as mentioned in the news article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon summary
basically fans visiting the place are walking around town starting as early as 6 AM, thus scaring off potential criminals
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 12:20   Link #7582
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And now for some incredible news... GUP FIGHTS CRIME!

Alright, not directly, but supposedly GuP has helped reduce crime in Oarai. The method as mentioned in the news article:
Crime in Japan... thats almost an oxymoron

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 00:36   Link #7583
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Now presented more officially:

[SGCafe] Girls und Panzer anime pilgrimages to Oarai helps prevent crime.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 20:15   Link #7584
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I just finished watching the english dub of this show and it was pretty well done for the most part, nothing spectacular, but still good.

I say it was worth buying the BD after all even know some parts were altered or cut off.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 15:37   Link #7585
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Merry Christmas!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 20:18   Link #7586
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Nice to see the Gamer team active.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 23:26   Link #7587
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006


__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 08:02   Link #7588
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I just finished watching the english dub of this show and it was pretty well done for the most part, nothing spectacular, but still good.

I say it was worth buying the BD after all even know some parts were altered or cut off.
Got these DVDs for Christmas and did a Marathon watch yesterday.

It has the 12 main episodes (none of the Introduction episodes, which I didn't miss) and no OVAs (which I do miss). (Unless the OVAs are there and I didn't find them)

Once I got used to the different voices I found myself enjoying the show as much as I did the sub version. Momo, Mako and Kay had excellent voice choices, but I thought Yukari's voice is definitely not as distinct as it is in the Japanese version. Nonna, Katyusha, Shiho, Anzu, Shinobu, Erwin, and Alisa also have really good voice choices. Overall good job.

Didn't so much mind the replacement for Katyusha. (although I really prefer Katyusha!)

Alas Erwin and Yukari cannot sing worth a darn. Their a-capella Yuki no Shingun is terrible.

The English translation is really good, and makes use of modern American English idioms, so these dubs sound more natural than many others I've heard. And the Saunders Team cusses!

Its a good product, I like it, and had I bought it I would have thought I had gotten my money's worth.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 08:40   Link #7589
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
It has the 12 main episodes (none of the Introduction episodes, which I didn't miss) and no OVAs (which I do miss). (Unless the OVAs are there and I didn't find them)
The OVA's are being released in February.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 00:00   Link #7590
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Oh February, such a short wait

Images
Megami swimsuits
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 00:06   Link #7591
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh February, such a short wait

Images
Megami swimsuits
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
*quickly steals Erwin and Saemonza* << >> lol
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 03:44   Link #7592
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I just realize I do like some himecuts.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 04:40   Link #7593
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
No matter what happens, Erwin will never remove that hat will she?
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 11:10   Link #7594
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Because you like cutaways.

Images
Though there's not that much actually cut away.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 00:04   Link #7595
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
*quickly steals Erwin and Saemonza* << >> lol
THIEF! *throws Gerbera back into the Lavie En Rose*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No matter what happens, Erwin will never remove that hat will she?
Must be waterproof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Because you like cutaways.

Images
Though there's not that much actually cut away.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gee, that looks cramped already with young girls and stuffed animals, how much more grown 6 feet men
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 01:04   Link #7596
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Got these DVDs for Christmas and did a Marathon watch yesterday.

It has the 12 main episodes (none of the Introduction episodes, which I didn't miss) and no OVAs (which I do miss). (Unless the OVAs are there and I didn't find them)

Once I got used to the different voices I found myself enjoying the show as much as I did the sub version. Momo, Mako and Kay had excellent voice choices, but I thought Yukari's voice is definitely not as distinct as it is in the Japanese version. Nonna, Katyusha, Shiho, Anzu, Shinobu, Erwin, and Alisa also have really good voice choices. Overall good job.

Didn't so much mind the replacement for Katyusha. (although I really prefer Katyusha!)

Alas Erwin and Yukari cannot sing worth a darn. Their a-capella Yuki no Shingun is terrible.

The English translation is really good, and makes use of modern American English idioms, so these dubs sound more natural than many others I've heard. And the Saunders Team cusses!

Its a good product, I like it, and had I bought it I would have thought I had gotten my money's worth.
It sucks that the DVD version didn't include the intro episodes, what about the clean EDs and OP?
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:21   Link #7597
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
THIEF! *throws Gerbera back into the Lavie En Rose*
Bwahahaha! *as he has them in his arms, they go with him!* lol
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 08:50   Link #7598
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
It sucks that the DVD version didn't include the intro episodes, what about the clean EDs and OP?
That's weird as the special features list for the DVD version includes the intro episodes (I have the BD version, and can confirm that they are there) along with a lot of other material including the clean OP and EDs.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 13:05   Link #7599
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Images
Something relates to OVA
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:18   Link #7600
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Something about my favorite twintails?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, gup, military, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.