AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-21, 19:53   Link #121
mixordia
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's just interesting to me that Zessica is the first girl to confess to Amata and the first girl to kiss him. You'd think they'd want Mikono to have at least one of those two "honors" (especially if it ends on Amata/Mikono as most, if not all, of us expect it to), but ah well.

Zessica is more emotional, because this, her actions resonate more. It can be seen even by their level of depression. Mikono is cooler, I think in this situation Mikono is better than Zessica. I doubt that Mikono would be so depressing like Zessica was. Mikono would live her life. Is her style and I really like characters in this way.


I've forgotten the scene between Jin and Yunoha a la Romeo and Juliet... beautiful and with that music...
__________________
english isn't my native language...
mixordia is offline  
Old 2012-05-21, 20:45   Link #122
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

It is confusing, though, how they keep milking Zessica's love/wangst for all it's worth, while Amata is very clearly not interested in her in that way. I can't even begin to imagine how they'll write themselves out from this particular corner, but I suppose we'll see. (And I just keep hoping it'll make sense.)
Well, while I don't particularly like thinking it, this is why I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Zessica really is dead.

There's a few reasons for that:

1) Otherwise, I find it hard to see how they resolve Zessica's feelings in a way that's not really messy and painful for the audience (not that Zessica's death would be pleasant for the audience, of course, but at least it wouldn't be painful to the audience in a way that could hurt other characters). Zessica has practically become defined by her unrequited love for Amata. It's at a point now where it's actually hard for me to imagine her just getting over it and moving on.

2) Zessica's whole "Maybe in 12,000 years time things can be different between us, Amata..." had a bit of a death-flag vibe to me.

3) If Zessica is dead, this is arguably the best way for her to go out (i.e. barring some scene where she dies taking down the big bad kamikaze-style, it's hard for me to imagine a much better death-scene for Zessica). Amata says something to her that touches her and likely reminds her why she fell in love with him in the first place, then she kisses him, having her one big moment in spite of her love being unrequited. Then she's "spared" having to witness Amata/Mikono really get together.

4) When writers write themselves into a corner with love triangles, sometimes there's a temptation there to simply kill off one of the three corners of the triangle...


Now I think it's more likely that she's still alive (mainly due to the whole Mykage/Zessica subplot) but I wouldn't be shocked if she really is dead.


Quote:
It helps that poor Amata has been FINALLY put in the focus for a change... -_-)
Agreed.
__________________
Triple_R is online now  
Old 2012-05-21, 21:32   Link #123
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Thinking it through, it's hard to say what's going to happen next (obviously) but in particular it's hard to say what's going to happen next until we know what it is Mikono's going to apologize for.

*Dramatic pause*

It could be something that changes everything.
miketyson is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 00:59   Link #124
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Mikono probably wants to apologize for the meeting and continuing to love apollonius regardless of the destruction and sadness it brings the world. In a lot of ways its selfish which silvia wanted to apologize for aswell.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 01:21   Link #125
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
This anime could perfectly take the first macross course.

With Mikono as a new Minmay. Not sure if Zessica could play the Misa part.

It would explain a lot of the apparent sloppy writting.


Have you notice the little scene between Zessica and Amata mirrored episode 01-02.
Zessica even spout the 12000 year line (well attempted to) except that unlike Mikono she meant it.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 01:43   Link #126
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, while I don't particularly like thinking it, this is why I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Zessica really is dead.
Well, I wouldn't be shocked but it would be surprising. Yes, yes, kiss and all, but overall it still wasn't a big enough scene for the death of a main character, especially since it was followed by Sazanka orgasming during the Kaien x Shrade gattai scene (which was of course great, but yeah). Also, if they killed her off now it would make her entire character utterly pointless and IMO they've put too much time and effiot into Zessica for that. Besides, there's still Mykage. Also, anime characters are not dead until you see their corpses (and sometimes not even after that ).

The ironic thing is, of course, that I agree with your reasons. This is exactly why I can't even begin to imagine how they're going to handle Zessica from now on, and just hope that it won't involve some very painfully convulted solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Mikono probably wants to apologize for the meeting and continuing to love apollonius regardless of the destruction and sadness it brings the world. In a lot of ways its selfish which silvia wanted to apologize for aswell.
The whole "blaming Celiane" part really annoyed me in Genesis. -_-) But anyway, Silvia didn't apologize, really - it was the opposite. She said something along the lines of "sorry but I'll never regret loving him!" And she said that to Fudou, while unless we've been misled all this time, Mikono seems to want to apologize to Kagura.
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 02:23   Link #127
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
God,when will Mikono stop her "I'm so sorry" line... Its irritating already.

Hope, the scene where Zessica is with Amata would not be a death flag.
NoemiChan is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 03:34   Link #128
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

Have you notice the little scene between Zessica and Amata mirrored episode 01-02.
Zessica even spout the 12000 year line (well attempted to) except that unlike Mikono she meant it.
I've noticed it. This episode was everything in reverse of the first two episodes.
pingva is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 04:59   Link #129
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
This anime could perfectly take the first macross course.

With Mikono as a new Minmay. Not sure if Zessica could play the Misa part.

It would explain a lot of the apparent sloppy writting.


Have you notice the little scene between Zessica and Amata mirrored episode 01-02.
Zessica even spout the 12000 year line (well attempted to) except that unlike Mikono she meant it.
I wont say that I dont disagree on the MACROSS COURSE for Aqaurion Evol but if we are going to go OLD School anime vs. Anime now then Kawamori didn't really troll us with Sousei No Aqaurion (he did of course in the OVA with Reika and her false memories). Everyone has their own perspectives on who the characters turned out to be but when I watched Sousei No Aqaurion for the first time EVER (mind you it was a week before Aquarion Evol came out) I didn't feel like I was trolled as much as Macross (old) and Macross F. Although Aqaurion Evol is a mecha/romance anime it is very different from the Macross series (and obviously it has to be) but the Macross series pretty much had the same elements (they just had different universes and timelines etc etc)...So I what I'm trying to say is that, YES expect some TROLLING but then again dont think too hard on it because it might be just what it looks like...Kawamori and the writers could be doing this on purpose to dodge the truth from us even if it is right their in front of us.
Winged_Memories is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 06:02   Link #130
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I've noticed it. This episode was everything in reverse of the first two episodes.
Well, the number 21 is the numbers 1 and 2 in reverse. Probably intentional.
__________________
Tokkan is online now  
Old 2012-05-22, 06:37   Link #131
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Come on, Zessica couldn't be dead
My guess is that from now writers are gonna develop Amata/Zessica and Mikono/kagura for the sake, finally, of the love quadrangle.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 09:03   Link #132
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

The whole "blaming Celiane" part really annoyed me in Genesis. -_-) But anyway, Silvia didn't apologize, really - it was the opposite. She said something along the lines of "sorry but I'll never regret loving him!" And she said that to Fudou, while unless we've been misled all this time, Mikono seems to want to apologize to Kagura.
I don't think anyone is blaming Celiane. I certainly am not especially since she did have a child with Apollonius so their love was more serious than say Apollo-Silvia, when Apollo died when he was just 13 yrs old.

I think Celiane regrets the sadness and destruction they caused. We never get to see how Apollonius/Apollo felt about it but maybe Amagura is any indication they want to have Celaine/Silvia so bad they are willing to hurt her. This love story has been going on for 24000 yrs so its bound to get twisted cause they are always meeting and seperating but if anyone can give it up then it is Celiane cause she did have some sort of life with Apollonius while Silvia never had any.

I have always thought that Apollonius-Celiane are not meant to be. It's forbidden yet they still try to meet and fail again and again. Its like wanting something so bad but never getting it and never trying to choose a new path.
mayumi is offline  
Old 2012-05-22, 19:23   Link #133
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Why can't Zessica and Mikono do a fusion?

All the love polygons could be solved this way...
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 01:15   Link #134
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why can't Zessica and Mikono do a fusion?

All the love polygons could be solved this way...
Even for Kagura and Amata I found the fusion to be an absolutelly terrible outcome.

Way to completelly destroy 2 characters at once.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 01:53   Link #135
raziel12
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
yea but i think its too late for them to become one person now since now they might had a chance when they was kids but now both of them became 2 diffrent Individuals they are complete yet incomplete beings with they own personality and powers
but it seems the apollo half is mad at amata for not stopping his mother from getting taken away apollo soul must still feel guilt about not being able to save barron and now this life his mother is taken from him
kagura represents apollo darkness in his heart who wanted to be loved ''the beast of darkness'' or the ''the beast of love''
amata represents apollo life,dreams and hope
but as they grew up apart they personality developed into two diffrent Individuals

Last edited by raziel12; 2012-05-23 at 02:10.
raziel12 is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 02:34   Link #136
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
yea but i think its too late for them to become one person now since now they might had a chance when they was kids but now both of them became 2 diffrent Individuals they are complete yet incomplete beings with they own personality and powers
but it seems the apollo half is mad at amata for not stopping his mother from getting taken away apollo soul must still feel guilt about not being able to save barron and now this life his mother is taken from him
kagura represents apollo darkness in his heart who wanted to be loved ''the beast of darkness'' or the ''the beast of love''
amata represents apollo life,dreams and hope
but as they grew up apart they personality developed into two diffrent Individuals
I don't think Kagura is the dark part.

He's been shown to be a pretty decent guy as long as you're not trying to get between him and his smelly woman.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 07:09   Link #137
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
kagura represents apollo darkness in his heart who wanted to be loved ''the beast of darkness'' or the ''the beast of love''
amata represents apollo life,dreams and hope
but as they grew up apart they personality developed into two diffrent Individuals
Theory or fanfiction?
Korps! is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 07:25   Link #138
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Kagura's is Amata's lost maculinity and Amata's is Kagura's lost brain.

I think it's more fitting this way.

EDIT :

This episode gives me some hope back for a Princess Tutu ending.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-23 at 08:48.
Zuul is offline  
Old 2012-05-23, 09:22   Link #139
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There was this old Star Trek: TOS episode called "The Enemy Within".

In it, Captain Kirk is split in two due to a transporter accident. One half of him represents all of his "positive qualities", and the other half of him represents all of his "darker qualities".

Thinking back on that episode, the "Good Kirk" and the "Evil Kirk" were kind of like Amata and Kagura in Aquarion EVOL. The "Good Kirk" was the one with the greater conscience, the clearer mind, the greater intelligence... but he lacked energy and drive ("lost masculinity", you could say). The "Good Kirk" was the better man, but the "Evil Kirk" was more of a man, at least when it comes to channeling powerful passions. The "Evil Kirk" was pure theatrics lacking much in the way of clear thinking, but he had incredible energy and drive. Spock said something along the lines of how this showed that Kirk (and people in general) need their "darker sides" since that's where we draw some of our energies from.

Perhaps Amata and Kagura will one day "fuse", DBZ style, and the process will give Amata some of the qualities he's lacking - qualities that might enable him to, you know, romantically confess for a change.

Right now, Amata seems like a nice enough guy, but he lacks a certain "animal magnetism" at a romantic level. And I think it's that "animal magnetism" that Mikono finds very arousing with Kagura.

So if Amata and Kagura were to combine, you might get the best of both worlds.
__________________
Triple_R is online now  
Old 2012-05-23, 09:53   Link #140
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
There was this old Star Trek: TOS episode called "The Enemy Within".

In it, Captain Kirk is split in two due to a transporter accident. One half of him represents all of his "positive qualities", and the other half of him represents all of his "darker qualities".

Thinking back on that episode, the "Good Kirk" and the "Evil Kirk" were kind of like Amata and Kagura in Aquarion EVOL. The "Good Kirk" was the one with the greater conscience, the clearer mind, the greater intelligence... but he lacked energy and drive ("lost masculinity", you could say). The "Good Kirk" was the better man, but the "Evil Kirk" was more of a man, at least when it comes to channeling powerful passions. The "Evil Kirk" was pure theatrics lacking much in the way of clear thinking, but he had incredible energy and drive. Spock said something along the lines of how this showed that Kirk (and people in general) need their "darker sides" since that's where we draw some of our energies from.

Perhaps Amata and Kagura will one day "fuse", DBZ style, and the process will give Amata some of the qualities he's lacking - qualities that might enable him to, you know, romantically confess for a change.

Right now, Amata seems like a nice enough guy, but he lacks a certain "animal magnetism" at a romantic level. And I think it's that "animal magnetism" that Mikono finds very arousing with Kagura.

So if Amata and Kagura were to combine, you might get the best of both worlds.
I still wouldn't like it. Kagura's stupidity and lack of finesse is part of his appeal.

And I somehow doubt they are going the fusion way when they put emphasy on the 'detachment wings' in episode 15.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-23 at 11:03.
Zuul is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.