AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 22:42   Link #181
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh, I just shotgunned all 26 chapters out of boredom...well all I can say is that even if it weren't ending I'd drop the manga anyway...simply put the only one keeping me interested in the manga was Nana-chan (and his two friends to some extent) since I find Sana so goddamn incredibly generic and boring (like many Rom/Com Main Heroines). Seriously, why are all the best and coolest girls in harem manga the secondary heroines that never get the slightest chance of success?
Anyway...yea I'll give it a couple of chapters till it ends, unless I get bored of it before then.

PS: What the hell happened to two of his friends? He had 4 good friends at the start of the series, two guys and two girls...but two of them seemed to vanish.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 18:06   Link #182
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Damn that Katsuragi is so selfish. There is he girl who you loved in grade school she confesses to you and you leave her there heartbroken. He is the worst MC ever. I despise him. Meeting Sana was a goddam accident he was rigt there to take her picture. So lame. Anyone could hav been there. But you only get one childhood love which was mutual too. I got so pissed off now. If Nana will accept her role and get happy for the two of them i drop the series. A heartbroken girl does not accept defeat so easily without a HUGE emotional scar. Die Katsuragi and Sana too. Nana deserves to be happy more than that glassdoll who lived in isolation not knowing anything about the world. Refusing Nana's love was a disappointment for me. I would not have rejected Nana and Sana would have gotten over it more easily because e was just a stranger for her. But Nana will not get over this ever. To be betrayed and rejected by the one who you loved for years is devastating, far more.
Old 2012-11-05, 18:15   Link #183
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Damn that Katsuragi is so selfish. There is he girl who you loved in grade school she confesses to you and you leave her there heartbroken. He is the worst MC ever. I despise him. Meeting Sana was a goddam accident he was rigt there to take her picture. So lame. Anyone could hav been there. But you only get one childhood love which was mutual too. I got so pissed off now. If Nana will accept her role and get happy for the two of them i drop the series. A heartbroken girl does not accept defeat so easily without a HUGE emotional scar. Die Katsuragi and Sana too. Nana deserves to be happy more than that glassdoll who lived in isolation not knowing anything about the world. Refusing Nana's love was a disappointment for me. I would not have rejected Nana and Sana would have gotten over it more easily because e was just a stranger for her. But Nana will not get over this ever. To be betrayed and rejected by the one who you loved for years is devastating, far more.
i think he rejected Nana because its an old crush and in the first chapter we know that he already found a new one in middle-school and the other reason is that she's not the same girl that he knew she has a 180° reversed personality
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 18:20   Link #184
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Wait wait wait...chill.

Listen, I'm pissed at Nana getting rejected as well...but Katsuragi did the RIGHT thing. You like the character, I get it, but it would have been much worst for Katsuragi to accept her confession while not in love with her and still being in love with another girl. In these kinds of situations it is much better to nip it in the bud, outright reject her so as to not lead her along anymore...so she can move on. She was hung up on a guy for years however this guy has moved on from her, now she knows that she doesn't have a chance to get together with him and it only gets easier to move on after that revelation.

Like his decision or not...he made the right call. Much better than most harem/romcom MCs that just let it drag on which only ends up hurting the girls.

Old 2012-11-06, 03:04   Link #185
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Believe me if katsuragi accepted nana's confession even though he is not really in love with her, it will get even more complicated so he DID the right thing.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:59   Link #186
Lexxus
No you don't

Spoilers
Spoiler for 27
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:52   Link #187
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Katsuragi will regret his decision to reject Nana.

Also, is anyone else continually amazed by the similarities between this manga and Nisekoi?
Old 2012-11-10, 16:06   Link #188
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
Katsuragi will regret his decision to reject Nana.

Also, is anyone else continually amazed by the similarities between this manga and Nisekoi?
Would you date a girl while being in love with a different one? He did the morally right thing. If he accepted Nana's confession simply out of fear he'd be rejected by Sana, he wouldn't deserve either.

They're all bound to be similar, classmates/childhood friends etc. are all staple in romance mangas. The only real similarity I see is that the MC pretends to date the female lead, which isn't even that unique in the first place.
Old 2012-11-10, 16:53   Link #189
Arkard

How are the ratings of this series btw if people think it may possibly be wrapping up?

Also, I can see this dragging on:

Sana ---> Manager lesbian rage interference! I can't be with you as an actor, blah blah blah, publicity, scandal, etc.

Nana ---> Finds out she was Katsuragi's first love + the above --> renewed seduction attempts
Old 2012-11-10, 16:55   Link #190
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
How are the ratings of this series btw if people think it may possibly be wrapping up?

Also, I can see this dragging on:

Sana ---> Manager lesbian rage interference! I can't be with you as an actor, blah blah blah, publicity, scandal, etc.

Nana ---> Finds out she was Katsuragi's first love + the above --> renewed seduction attempts
I thought it was already confirmed that it was ending in a couple of chapters...

Old 2012-11-10, 18:44   Link #191
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I thought it was already confirmed that it was ending in a couple of chapters...
Ah, if it was, I wasn't aware =x
Old 2012-11-10, 18:47   Link #192
Lexxus
No you don't

Yeah. I think this should end in two chapter or so.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 19:14   Link #193
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for 27
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oooooh that is some plot twist.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:26   Link #194
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Would you date a girl while being in love with a different one? He did the morally right thing. If he accepted Nana's confession simply out of fear he'd be rejected by Sana, he wouldn't deserve either.

They're all bound to be similar, classmates/childhood friends etc. are all staple in romance mangas. The only real similarity I see is that the MC pretends to date the female lead, which isn't even that unique in the first place.
Just saying.

From my older and wiser perspective I can see that, in the long run, he wold have been much happier with Nana and would have had a better chance for a stable, lasting relationship.

I doubt he'll have a good relationship with Sana if not get outright rejected by her. And then it will be too late for him to go back to Nana.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:03   Link #195
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Just saying.

From my older and wiser perspective I can see that, in the long run, he wold have been much happier with Nana and would have had a better chance for a stable, lasting relationship.

I doubt he'll have a good relationship with Sana if not get outright rejected by her. And then it will be too late for him to go back to Nana.
I've seen biased opinions...but damn, you take the cake.

Old 2012-11-11, 00:10   Link #196
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Just saying.

That may be true but wouldnt it be painful for a girl to be in a relationship with a guy whom she knows has another girl in his heart ahead of her?
Old 2012-11-11, 01:07   Link #197
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I've seen biased opinions...but damn, you take the cake.
I've got the short hair bias, the big hips bias, the childhood friend bias, and the years of failed relationships that could never replace my first love: so guilty as charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
That may be true but wouldnt it be painful for a girl to be in a relationship with a guy whom she knows has another girl in his heart ahead of her?
Sadly this is how 70% of relationships actually work IRL.
Old 2012-11-11, 01:09   Link #198
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Just saying.

What you are suggesting is not only unappealing for a romance story, but demeaning to the person in Nana's position as well.

Even if Shouta's relationship with Sana does not end well, it does not mean Nana would necessarily enjoy being the Sana's replacement as the safety net. Nana wants Shouta to genuinely like her back, not for him to accept her because she's the nice and easy girl that would like him regardless of what he thinks.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 01:20   Link #199
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What you are suggesting is not only unappealing for a romance story, but demeaning to the person in Nana's position as well.

Even if Shouta's relationship with Sana does not end well, it does not mean Nana would necessarily enjoy being the Sana's replacement as the safety net. Nana wants Shouta to genuinely like her back, not for him to accept her because she's the nice and easy girl that would like him regardless of what he thinks.
I mean you are absolutely right. I'm just saying that from my older and wiser perspective it's difficult to watch someone behaving so foolishly.

Now I have a feeling that this is going to end tragically and that's kind of disappointing to me.
Old 2012-11-14, 05:16   Link #200
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, it's been canceled. Glad I didn't keep up with it. I've had too many series I've liked cut short by WSJ as it is.