AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-24, 07:06   Link #21
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
But we all know this series wouldn't end up with Flit killing all the Vegans. What we need to know is how will Flit end up in this series. Will he die? Will he accept the Vegans?
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 07:37   Link #22
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
But we all know this series wouldn't end up with Flit killing all the Vegans. What we need to know is how will Flit end up in this series. Will he die? Will he accept the Vegans?
My prediction is that after re-capturing the Luna Base Flit and the others will go to Second Moon to hunt down Ezelcant and take the war to them once and for all, upon seeing the harsh conditions the Vagan civilians live under (and possibly see a few of them murdered by Fed forces he brought along) he will overlap this image with the Vagan invasion of his own home town he himself has experienced and with some talk from Kio and Asemu will mellow out and focuses his energy on killing Ezelcant and the Vagan military. After that he will fulfil his destiny of being the Messiah along with his family by bringing the Vagan civilians back to Earth peacefully (afterall he is the only real tactician out of the 3 protagonist with enough knowledge of actually doing anything proper) thus actually ending the war and protect his loved ones like he always wanted.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:02   Link #23
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Thing is this supposedly a hundred year war. 70 years have passed 30 to go. Unless Flit goes to cold sleep he wont be around at a hundred and being enough to pilot a Gundam.

Which brings to question if Ezelcant has anymore contingency plans besides that tube guy.

We know the EXA-DB asteroid is still out there as well as Sid.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 07:29   Link #24
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Well, it looks like we have to look at the Gundam Age game to know more about Flit in his teenage/young adult years. And it seems his rival will be Dole, which is the brother of Fram, which is the pilot of the mobile suit similar to Yurin's.
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 20:21   Link #25
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Flit is really gone now isn't he?

He's refusing to acknowledge any fault on the Federation's side and doesn't even want to understand anyone. Girard is a Vagan now and deserved to be exterminated, her reasons for defecting not-withstanding.

They're setting him up in a way that it's going to be pretty difficult for him to redeem himself. THat attitude of his is unbecoming of a Gundam pilot and protagonist. You don't have to be a naive idealist like Kio, or a Kira, but that attitude of unwilling to understand that the other guy is most often just doing his job, and being consumed by hatred is just wrong.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 21:29   Link #26
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
It's kinda funny (ironic?) to see him fight against Girard. Too bad she got the Thielva(?) than the Fawnfarsia.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:03   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, at this point Flit is akin to the likes of Azrael and Patrick Zala of Gundam SEED, the bad guy leaders of Gundam X, etc. etc. etc x infinitum. Even bad guys like Scirocco and Kagatie were more understanding and less raging like the raving border-psycho Flit Asuno. And look what happened to all those guys. (crushed by a waverider, crushed by debris, shot by his own subordinate, vaped by a positronic beam etc.)

He's going to need some serious b*tchslapping and major effort to make a comeback from this kind of low.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:13   Link #28
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
It'll be hard (logically) since (1) his upbringing has pointed him for that black and white outlook (UE is bad, I'm a Saviour (aka right)) (2) all his times he had been fighting. It's all been fighting the devil all his life, it'll be like questioning his whole life up til now to make him change his mind. And people, especially old ones, doesn't want to hear their life's purpose all along is very wrong.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:56   Link #29
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, at this point Flit is akin to the likes of Azrael and Patrick Zala of Gundam SEED, the bad guy leaders of Gundam X, etc. etc. etc x infinitum. Even bad guys like Scirocco and Kagatie were more understanding and less raging like the raving border-psycho Flit Asuno. And look what happened to all those guys. (crushed by a waverider, crushed by debris, shot by his own subordinate, vaped by a positronic beam etc.)

He's going to need some serious b*tchslapping and major effort to make a comeback from this kind of low.
Has the enemy shown him anything otherwise? It goes both ways you know

In SEED there were moderate factions on both sides. In AGE...there's nothing on the Vagan side except we'll all follow Ezcelant's plan to the death even though it has nothing to do with saving us to begin with.

Quote:
And people, especially old ones, doesn't want to hear their life's purpose all along is very wrong.
After 42 I have a feeling the x-rounder psychic abilities will come into play and maybe open Flit up a bit. Though someone on the Vagan side will have to offer the olive branch first.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 22:56   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Flit is really gone now isn't he?

He's refusing to acknowledge any fault on the Federation's side and doesn't even want to understand anyone. Girard is a Vagan now and deserved to be exterminated, her reasons for defecting not-withstanding.
Because Vegans to Flit are Nazis. Heck Kio confirmed Ezelcant's a Social Darwinist. Even to this day Nazis even non-German ones are being hunted down.

Do not equate Reina's personal tragedy to the genocide that has been committed by the Vegans. The mere fact she stayed in the Federation military for a time means she let herself be bought.

In fact this whole revenge on the Federation is an overreaction on her part. Her beef is with a few officials not the entire Federation. Since she can't or rather dare touch those that hurt her by going public she lashes out.

Seriously this is bad writing. Do the writers expect sympathy with this sob story?

Flit if anything is consistent. To him traitors safety isn't his concern anymore. He purged the Federation of collaborators. He told Kio not to go after Shanalua and focus on the mission. Girard Sprigan in an enemy combatant.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 01:04   Link #31
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Has the enemy shown him anything otherwise? It goes both ways you know

In SEED there were moderate factions on both sides. In AGE...there's nothing on the Vagan side except we'll all follow Ezcelant's plan to the death even though it has nothing to do with saving us to begin with.



After 42 I have a feeling the x-rounder psychic abilities will come into play and maybe open Flit up a bit. Though someone on the Vagan side will have to offer the olive branch first.
Yeah but they don't know that, and Zeheart is being moron and not listening to Asemu....for now.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 02:11   Link #32
galdr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Asemu should bring proofs like recording or detailing the Eden plan or something.

Talking just like that is not going to convince anyone.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 08:43   Link #33
Raysoul
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In fact this whole revenge on the Federation is an overreaction on her part. Her beef is with a few officials not the entire Federation. Since she can't or rather dare touch those that hurt her by going public she lashes out.

Seriously this is bad writing. Do the writers expect sympathy with this sob story?
I don't get why this would fall into bad writing.

People who has bad personal experiences with the government will definitely say that the government is corrupted, even if not all government people are bad. With Reina, her love is lost. Even it is shallow or corny, I still won't think that it is an example of bad writing for this series with a straightforward story.

It is a standard plot, yes. But making things too complicated is not good for series that has a limited plot development time.

I would understand if her pet kitty dies due to the Federation experimenting it to pilot an MS. That would really be a good example of bad writing.
__________________
Gundam Age > 00 + Seed Combined
Raysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 15:08   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
I don't get why this would fall into bad writing.

People who has bad personal experiences with the government will definitely say that the government is corrupted, even if not all government people are bad. With Reina, her love is lost. Even it is shallow or corny, I still won't think that it is an example of bad writing for this series with a straightforward story.

It is a standard plot, yes. But making things too complicated is not good for series that has a limited plot development time.

I would understand if her pet kitty dies due to the Federation experimenting it to pilot an MS. That would really be a good example of bad writing.
I think what the show is getting at more and more lately is that peoples personality and outlook in their later years are often defined by the experiences they had during childhood and it can often lead to conflict and a lack of understanding between even generations of the same family. This is a very real phenomenon that was discussed to quite an extent in my social sciences courses in University so I don't see any bad writing about it here even if it's obviously done in a very straightforward manner for the purposes of conflict in a kids TV show.

In Flits case his defining experience with the Vagans was seeing people like Desil murder innocent people like Yurin and his mother at an impressionable young age whereas someone like Kio's defining experience was meeting Lu, Girard and Shanalua and seeing the situation that the Vagan's and their cohorts have been placed in by a corrupt Federation. Big difference between the two and thus a big part of the the conflict of extreme ideals they are having now.

Also for the record obviously I don't think we're supposed to side with Flit here and frankly I don't even think we're expected supposed to side wholeheartedly with Kio given what's been shown and how his methods aren't really working the way he's going about them now. I think rather we're supposed to try to understand how their experiences have defined and will probably continue to define them as this conflict heads towards it's conclusion.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 17:08   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
No we're not suppose to.

We're suppose to root for all three of them who will come together to save humanity.

I mean they really went black, white, and gray on all three of them it's not even funny.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 19:15   Link #36
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I don't think we're "suppose to root" for them; we have different approach on the series afterall. But their contributions to this war are the ones to look forward to.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 23:53   Link #37
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

In Flits case his defining experience with the Vagans was seeing people like Desil murder innocent people like Yurin and his mother at an impressionable young age whereas someone like Kio's defining experience was meeting Lu, Girard and Shanalua and seeing the situation that the Vagan's and their cohorts have been placed in by a corrupt Federation. Big difference between the two and thus a big part of the the conflict of extreme ideals they are having now.
That's more or less it. Flit came the conclusion that the Vagan are all like Desil and therefore are monsters that need to be wiped out.

Thing is they aren't. Desil was the Black Sheep of the Vagan. None of them really liked him, he was this psychotic nutjob who liked killing and their cause was a conviently way for him to get his kicks. Most of the Vagan soliders seem to be like Zeheart. Honorable, but misguidedly loyal towards a guy that's basically fooling all of them.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 00:30   Link #38
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Alright I'm pretty sure I've watched most of the episodes but where in the world are you guys getting this "the vagans" are peaceful people and aren't monsters?

Since Flit's generation all they have done is destroy colonies and gun down innocent civilians.

When we finally get a chance to see inside of Vaga even the civilians' mindset isn't that much different from the military. They act like the Earthlings are on Earth laughing at them for the living conditions and such when the people weren't even aware of their plight to begin with.

The people on Earth had nothing to do with it. The Vagan's ancestors chose to leave the Earth sphere and when things went sour the Federation abandoned them but that was centuries ago. Even then Flit avenged them by purging the Federation officials who were involved in their plight.

Quote:
Honorable, but misguidedly loyal towards a guy that's basically fooling all of them.
There is nothing honorable in sitting in a chair on a battleship and firing barrages at innocent civilians on the ground who had nothing to do with their plight on mars.

It amazes me that you guys will cry that Flit is on the same level as Hitler yet hasn't really done anything while we have a group of people that are killing people left and right and you are willing to call them honorable. They have done nothing honorable throughout the generation. Zeheart only acted as he did out of friendship with Asemu and that's a different story.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:02   Link #39
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
There is nothing honorable in sitting in a chair on a battleship and firing barrages at innocent civilians on the ground who had nothing to do with their plight on mars.

It amazes me that you guys will cry that Flit is on the same level as Hitler yet hasn't really done anything while we have a group of people that are killing people left and right and you are willing to call them honorable. They have done nothing honorable throughout the generation. Zeheart only acted as he did out of friendship with Asemu and that's a different story.
This so many times.

We've seen time and again the faceless Vagan minions murdering civilians, also where is the honour in destroying an entire colony which Flit lived in? The only "honourable" Vagan thus far is Zeheart - but even that I'd argue otherwise - there is absolutely no honour in leading an invasion which rains death on civilians from above while you watch and nods in approval that everything is going to plan from your cult leader, whatever honour he had build up in Gen 2 just flew right out the window that moment. I thought Gato was bad when it came to blind loyalty but at least he only directs his fury against fellow soldiers, but Zeheart is at a all time low carrying out Ezelcant's orders on killing freaking civilians.

Then we've seen people like half of the psychos in Magician 8 or that fat commander who enjoys killing like it's playtime, I'm not sure they look that honourable either.

It's so funny that people seems to judge Flit by his cries of "exterminate" - which he hasn't actually carried out yet, yet they completely overlook the actions of the Vagan military.

Oh wait it doesn't surprise me - afterall that's how the UCist white-wash the Zeon, so easily fooled by the "cool dude".
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-07-31 at 01:15.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:44   Link #40
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Sorry but to say that all vagans are monsters and deserve to be exterminated based on the actions of a few bad apples is just stupid.

It's an issue with the writing, but you have to assume that the majority of them aren't advocating genocide. There's probably people with resentment towards the Earthnoids like Dean but to go from that to everyone being psychos....
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.