AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-29, 17:36   Link #241
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...I was just joking. ^^;;

(It's not like they'd do that, anyway. Besides, Cayenne and Shrade are already occupy the homo-homo chara slot.)
They could get away with it, and say.... I love me!!! then Andy would still be with mixy and Mikono would realize that cave incident made her attracted to Zessica and Shrade could be with Ceyanne. Obvisouly Mykage was referring to Zen Fudo about hating but I think he loves Fudo >.>. And Crea and Yonuha could be together. About the right lolli enough. The series is pretty close to this point anyways lol.

but really if Mikono didn't choose one of the two boys but Zessica I might die laughing. the ultimate twist
Old 2012-05-29, 17:42   Link #242
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

I'd pay Kawamori for a Mikono x Zessica end. (Alas, I don't have that kind of money. )

And yes dammit, Fudou and Mykage totally have a with-or-without-you love-hate relationship going on and Mykage is just yandere anyway, and oh my, Crea and Yunoha, I never even thought of that. Double loli!
Old 2012-05-29, 18:10   Link #243
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Mari Okada what happened to you?

This goes back to a theory of mine that if the series was split into 2 parts they would have more time to develop things better and make things flow more consistently.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:20   Link #244
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
I'd pay Kawamori for a Mikono x Zessica end. (Alas, I don't have that kind of money. )

And yes dammit, Fudou and Mykage totally have a with-or-without-you love-hate relationship going on and Mykage is just yandere anyway, and oh my, Crea and Yunoha, I never even thought of that. Double loli!
Ya I would totally bribe Kawamori too. All we need is a big gay o scene at the end of this series.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:28   Link #245
hyl
imouto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
All we need is a big gay o scene at the end of this series.
Like Andy and Mixy
Old 2012-05-29, 19:07   Link #246
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Like Andy and Mixy
That might not happen, they're gonna have Aquarion do a miracle or something and than Mixy is Mix again and Andy will start crying that he got his Big Bangs back after he had just settled that he doesn't need the Big Bangs to love Mix(y).
Old 2012-05-29, 21:12   Link #247
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillionus View Post
but really if Mikono didn't choose one of the two boys but Zessica I might die laughing. the ultimate twist
As a big yuri fan, that would totally make my day.

It would also be hilarious to think that all those times Mikono was seemingly jealous about the idea of Zessica taking Amata from her, Mikono was actually jealous of Amata winning Zessica's affection when Mikono wanted that affection.

... You know, now that I think about it, with a few creative reinterpretations of key scenes, it wouldn't be that hard to make Zessica/Mikono work...

Like the scene where Mikono completely freaks out over Zessica saying she refuses to give up on Amata. Well, if Mikono has a crush on Zessica, it's not hard to see why Mikono would freak out over that ("How can I ever hope to be with Zessica if she won't give up on Amata?")

Quote:

Wait, you like yaoi and yuri? That's certainly not something I see everyday in the anime fandom.
Old 2012-05-29, 21:53   Link #248
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I think they could have made Mikono/Zessica work if they wanted to. They had a bit of a frosty start, which is always good: Zessica was friendly the day that Mikono was being sent away for not having an element, but Mikono was cold/unresponsive due to her issues.

But by the time of the episode with all the bananas, they were talking to each other quite well. Each of them envies the other and feels inadequate. To Mikono, Zessica would seem a strong person who is able to speak her mind (the sort of qualities she values), whereas to Zessica, Mikono would seem kind, caring person who is feminine and can inspire (gag me) protective instincts. Cons: Zessica only really cares about the latter trait because she thinks inspiring protective instincts is good for getting boys. Maybe we could twist it into her thinking she'll never be able to get Mikono because there are too many boys lining up.

Anyway, they have quite different personalities, so there is a lot a writer could do. In the "if Amata wasn't in Aquarion" hypothetical world that people mentioned earlier, I would definitely have liked to see a Mikono/Zessica matchup.

Quote:
and oh my, Crea and Yunoha, I never even thought of that. Double loli!
If I recall correctly from the images thread, there is actually a piece of official art with those two posing near each other suggestively in swimming costumes. *goes to find it*

Spoiler for for lolis in swimsuits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That might not happen, they're gonna have Aquarion do a miracle or something and than Mixy is Mix again and Andy will start crying that he got his Big Bangs back after he had just settled that he doesn't need the Big Bangs to love Mix(y).
Probably...

Now, what would be fun is if after that, MIX the former man-hater decided she wanted to go back to being a bloke.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:52   Link #249
wisteria233

I'd personally pay for a KaguraXAmata end cause that would truly be the ultimate troll ending.
Old 2012-05-29, 23:15   Link #250
mayumi

MikonoxZessica would be hilarious troll. Seeing zessica blush while mikono keeps chasing her to accept her feelings.LOL. They do have official art together mostly taking baths and Mikono is always blushing in them. Hint hint.
Amata's and Kagura's expressions would be so satisfying.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-05-29 at 23:29.
Old 2012-05-30, 00:05   Link #251
Zuul

So, in the authors-are-intentionnally-trolling-us-and-are-not-uncompetent hypothesis :

Last episode was about making Mikono in regard of her relationship to Amata looks bad in comparison to Zessica more guenuine behaviour. With a bit of creepy Amata on the side : the rape dream

And this episode was about making Amata in regard of his relationship with Mikono looks bad this time by showing he's no better than Kagura except he sugarcoats his BS with non heartfelt cheesy words he steals from other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
MikonoxZessica would be hilarious troll. Seeing zessica blush while mikono keeps chasing her to accept her feelings.LOL. They do have official art together mostly taking baths and Mikono is always blushing in them. Hint hint.
Amata's and Kagura's expressions would be so satisfying.
At least those 2 wouldn't have a creepy relationship. And they seem to be able to get along fairly well given the unfavourable circumstances. And Mikono has probably given Zessica more consideration than Amata ever had which is a bit of a shame.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-30 at 01:25.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:19   Link #252
cyberdemon

i found it pretty funny that Kagura was going on about Amata not being destined but he was. He seems to have already completely forgotten that he is Amata as well. An Amata that was created by Mikage but still an Amata. So if Amata isn't "destined" than he isn't as well.

I get the feeling that Mikage may betray Kagura now and either kill him or injure him to the point that he is almost dead (Mikono then uses her connection ability to return Kagura back to Amata to make him complete again). The preview to the next episode had him mention the man he hates which Kagura is flaunting himself to be. He's also showed more interest in powering up Amata through Kagura than he has with helping Kagura. Now that he has the legendary Aquarion he may not need "Dark Amata" anymore.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:54   Link #253
Zuul

After this episode I feel some kind of pity for Mikono (not on the level of the sympathy I have for Zessica who is seemingly tortured for the lulz episode after episode). Poor girl being obssessed over by 2 very creepy suitors. I hope she dumps them both.

I have now my perfect end :

This time Zessica/mikono/Alicia lesbo suicidal gattai to save the world.

Amagura forever alone end. It would make me happy.

I hope that the authors are at least entertaining themselves with their obvious trolling. Because I'm not...

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-30 at 03:57.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:49   Link #254
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i found it pretty funny that Kagura was going on about Amata not being destined but he was. He seems to have already completely forgotten that he is Amata as well. An Amata that was created by Mikage but still an Amata. So if Amata isn't "destined" than he isn't as well.

I get the feeling that Mikage may betray Kagura now and either kill him or injure him to the point that he is almost dead (Mikono then uses her connection ability to return Kagura back to Amata to make him complete again). The preview to the next episode had him mention the man he hates which Kagura is flaunting himself to be. He's also showed more interest in powering up Amata through Kagura than he has with helping Kagura. Now that he has the legendary Aquarion he may not need "Dark Amata" anymore.
I would rather they both stay seperate characters than Kagura being absorbed into Amata than forgotten there after.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:49   Link #255
mayumi

I can almost see a Fractale like ending for Amata-Kagura. Well Okada did write that series so all these split souls would be perfect for her to do it again.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-05-30 at 14:34.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:57   Link #256
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I can't almost see a Fractale like ending for Amata-Kagura. Well Okada did write that series so all these split souls would be perfect for her to do it again.
What hapened in fractale ?
Old 2012-05-30, 13:31   Link #257
bastek66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Merge. But don't bother, it's shit.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:24   Link #258
hyl
imouto lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Merge. But don't bother, it's shit.
Spoiler for spoiler:

And like bastek66 has said, don't bother with that anime.
Old 2012-05-30, 17:54   Link #259
Destined_Fate

That's what I call a cop out, though with how EVOL is going I think that's the type of ending we'll get. A cop out ending and those always blow.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:04   Link #260
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Suggested rape.

You can give it a try, at least to watch some fanatical grannies get gunned down. It's kinda clumsy (boooring first ep then it jumps from good to average every once in a while, plus main lead is lacking) but it didn't get as crappy as EVOL.
Closed Thread