AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2015-10-03, 20:42   Link #1
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support
Would it be worth going to Japan for watching an anime movie shortly after release?

There are always anime movies releasing in Japan, and for viewers who happen to not live in Japan, the only option is usually to wait for the home releases to become available. The thread's title says it all: let's suppose that there's an anime movie to your favourite series coming out at a hypothetical point in the future.. Barring additional and coincidental circumstances (such as already living in Japan for work, or visiting Japan for vacation, business or education-related activities), would it be worth the time and finances to fly to Japan and watch said anime movie shortly after it's premiered? If so, have you ever visited Japan solely for watching an anime movie before?
ForwardUntoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 20:52   Link #2
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan
I don't think it would be worth it for the film alone, but if you spend enough time there to do a nice enjoyable tour and/or buy a lot of exclusive items, basically get a lot out of the trip with the movie as an incentive to go there, then yeah it should be worth it.
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Sore ga Seiyuu!
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 22:26   Link #3
Marcus H.
Secretary By My Side ♥
There are some exclusive freebies in watching anime movies in Japan, like getting a Mami ticket with a detachable head during the showing of the first Madoka movie, as well as clear files or even early releases of the movie's DVD and BD like in Kyoukai no Kanata.

But then, I personally don't think it's worth the trip if you'd just watch a movie there.
If I have enough money for that, I'd consider planning an anime pilgrimage trip after watching an anime movie of choice.
Autumn 2015 Catch-Up: K: Missing Kings, Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari.
Autumn 2015: Owarimonogatari, Hidan no Aria AA, K: Return of Kings, Heavy Object, Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst
and Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru.
LN Challenge-Autumn: Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 30. Completed: 253. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 07:30   Link #4
It wouldn't be a bad idea to schedule a trip around that time. Like say a movie you like is coming out July 3rd. You've always wanted to go to Japan anyway. So you book a trip for 1st - 15th July. Take in the movie and tour Japan at the same time, win-win. But going just for the movie unless you have cash to burn sounds like a waste of money.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26   Link #5
Sisterhood of the Desu
If I'm going to Japan, I'm going to see temples, Mt Fuji, Shibuya and other historical sites before I see an anime movie...but that's just me...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

anime movie