AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 06:08   Link #1
noobita
"Genius" Alchemist

What do you think of this kind of female MC's character?

What do you think of this kind of female MC's character?

Quote:
Let's say that the MC always presented himself as a joke character, weak , not a gentleman and idiot for most of the time. The female MC dislikes him as he is not a British gentleman, and treat him with extreme biased and harshly compares to his sidekick who is handsome, clever, gentleman and intelligent; an ideal boyfriend material.

And in the middle of the plot, she learned MC's past(whether from a video, word of mouths, or magic vision) that the MC was an actually a badass who destroyed Evil God, save the world, have a traumatic/tragic past and still able to move on, awesome bloodline, strongest fighter in the world, ended the war single handedly and etc. Now she changed her opinion on him and want to be his lover.
I am interested to hear you guys opinion on this.
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 08:08   Link #2
Cake-Carrot

Depends on the size of her tits

Jk

My opinion would be mostly negative tbh as the character from your description sounds very similar to Haruno Sakura
But does she change her mind because of his heroic deeds and tragic past and his ability to move on from all of it,or is it because he's this cool powerful god slayer?
Cake-Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 09:03   Link #3
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post

Jk

My opinion would be mostly negative tbh as the character from your description sounds very similar to Haruno Sakura
But does she change her mind because of his heroic deeds and tragic past and his ability to move on from all of it,or is it because he's this cool powerful god slayer?
Either Sakura really sucked or it's just poor writing by Kishimoto-sensei, but I tend to believe it's the latter for some reason.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 17:49   Link #4
Akuma Kousaka
Magically Lyrical

Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka Send a message via Skype™ to Akuma Kousaka
Quote:
Or her leg shape

Suddenly respecting someone for their deeds is one thing, but wanting to bed them for it rings shallow. This happened somewhat in Oreigaru, except the nuanced writing makes it understandable. Unlike the elephant in the room
As we strive to improve
we notice the people around us improving too
which makes us work even harder.
In a way, I guess you could say friends are like rivals

~Eli Ayase
Akuma Kousaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 23:46   Link #5
noobita
"Genius" Alchemist

Quote:

Jk

But the problem is the Sakura you said is actually stick to the person she always love to the end regardless how the MC changed to be a better man. She respect him but never have a thought to become his lover. Very different than what I asked for.
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 09:04   Link #6
Cake-Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
But the problem is the Sakura you said is actually stick to the person she always love to the end regardless how the MC changed to be a better man. She respect him but never have a thought to become his lover. Very different than what I asked for.
Ok i should have worded myself better, rather than her whole character it's the situation where she fangirls the shit out of the cool handsome guy while constantly dissing the goofy idiot MC sounds like Sakura

Those parts were really unpleasant to read
Cake-Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 11:04   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A tsundere ojou-sama?

The common trope will be: she has always interest in his carefree personality, but tried to acts tsuntsun toward him/ friend-zoned him because she can't see the potential long-term commitment (due to his bloodline, rudeness, etc...). But when she realised all of his past deeds, good quality, it legitimate her earlier interest. So she can start to act deredere
Old 2015-11-23, 13:18   Link #8
IceHism

Wtf is that kind of male mc. I don't even.

About the actual question in the topic, I suppose I wouldn't like it. It doesn't sound like a good romance.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 13:58   Link #9
Archon_Wing
A Confession of Hate
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sounds ok to me, depending on how it's done. Naturally if it's done in a hillariously not subtle fashion it won't work.

Also, I like the gender flipped version of the trope... so it'd be mildly hypocritical to really object.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote