AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-03, 07:39   Link #2181
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Whats that, "that"? 2 and a half hours till the finals end?(Is it? Because just now I heard about someone doing a Anonedeath's style of DDoS attack on the server.)
All of the multivotes, as JW hinted out will be rubbed out.

11 p.m. voting ends
11:05 p.m. validation concludes

As per usual. All times JST.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 07:42   Link #2182
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
All of the multivotes, as JW hinted out will be rubbed out.

11 p.m. voting ends
11:05 p.m. validation concludes

As per usual. All times JST.
Voting ends at that time... I thought it was 12am JST... Oh well, then it is 1 hr and 20mins.

Oh the horror of last time's nightmare is starting...

Anyway I will be checking out half hourly until 11pm(i.e 10pm,10.30pm, 11pm).

And will report on the latest vote results every half hourly starting from 10pm. Back to you, Hachi-san.

Breaking news: The dragon is raging hard.

News outline: Just after about 5mins, the votes for Kuro increased by 7. Is she going to bring the upset and be crowned the champion?
__________________

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-11-03 at 07:55.
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 07:59   Link #2183
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Kuro is going to need more pre-rush votes if she is to beat Toki's incoming final rush.

Unless she manages to get in a bigger final rush herself, which doesn't seem very likely.
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:00   Link #2184
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Spoiler for BGM:




You're looking live at the National Stadium in Tokyo, Japan, where in one hour from now, the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament winner will be crowned. Moe from around Japan and the world have gathered here in the home of Japanese football for this historic occasion. Will it be Achiga Girls' Academy's Kuro Matsumi, the Dragon Lord? Or, will it be Senriyama Girls' High School's Futuristic Player, Toki Onjouji? Stay tuned!
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:03   Link #2185
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Kuro is going to need more pre-rush votes if she is to beat Toki's incoming final rush.

Unless she manages to get in a bigger final rush herself, which doesn't seem very likely.
Well, Kuro's rush is at 10.34 whereas Toki's rush got 3 waves.(Each near the end of the match.)

So either Toki have to hold on during the rush, or have to work well during the 3 waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Spoiler for BGM:




You're looking live at the National Stadium in Tokyo, Japan, where in one hour from now, the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament winner will be crowned. Moe from around Japan and the world have gathered here in the home of Japanese football for this historic occasion. Will it be Achiga Girls' Academy's Kuro Matsumi, the Dragon Lord? Or, will it be Senriyama Girls' High School's Futuristic Player, Toki Onjouji? Stay tuned!
Ahh boss, you are too fast... Lets report at 10.30 to make a news report.

Here are the updates,

271-267 with Toki on the lead. Seems like the distance is short enough for the upcoming climax, right, Hachi-san?
Well, as what one of the Masked Rider says, "the climax begins at the end.... Or is it?"
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:12   Link #2186
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
We've studied how the waves have been done with Toki's three-phase rush and they are well-choreographed, well-thought-out, and highly effective. She will need her strongest rush yet in this, the finale of the premier anime character competition in Japan, the General Election for the 2013 Saimoe Prime Minister's office, the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament Grand Final.

Our Sho Taniguchi is on the scene down on the field. What can you tell us, Sho?

Sho: Good late evening, Hachi. It's a party down here, with a who's-who of people from different shows converging on this football surface. The band StylipS is performing their smash hit "Miracle Rush" and the glow sticks are coming out in full force. The crowd here is really energized, a festive atmosphere down here.

Let's talk a little bit about Saki. It's been a lot of time in the making for the Saki Party to finally get one of their own to the office, hasn't it?

Sho: Oh, no question, it has been four years in the making. 2009, they had their chance, no victory. 2010, they had their chance, still no victory. So this effort in 2012 has been breakthrough, to say the least. Toki Onjouji and Kuro Matsumi are two vanguards you don't want to mess with on the table. They are strong, they are resilient, and they have the looks and appeal to get them this far in the process. But the wait will finally be over soon, and let me tell you, it's a red-letter day for anyone that plays riichi mahjong. This is the day Saki Party followers will remember for the rest of their lives.

That's Sho Taniguchi down on the field at the National Stadium. Ando's Big Board shows a tight one, and it's been a tight one all night, 278-274 in favor of Toki with the final rushes yet to come. This is the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament on 2channel World, we'll be back.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:13   Link #2187
RJ TAYLER
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AUSTRALIA
Am leaving the Imperial palace now in preparation for the final presentation, in my possession is the sacred oil for anointing and the holy Shinto mirror that acts like an Imperial sceptre that the winner has for the year of her reign. The crown itself is making it's way to the stadium via another vehicle as I speak. Where it will be placed on the head of the 2012 champion by the 2011 champion Miss Mami Tomoe.


Just checking the votes now. It's onslaught time; now back to the studio.
__________________
YOURS
RJ TAYLER
RJ TAYLER is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:14   Link #2188
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Kuro has briefly caught up! Go, Kuro!

@Scarletknive
Only one big wave for Kuro, huh? Her supporters better hope for a miracle in that one rush, and also hope that it's a long one, too. Toki's 3 waves can potentially wash away the gains from that one rush (in case there are little to no fakes, or Toki wasn't actually that far ahead since the beginning ).

Let's see who gets the Miracle Rush on her side this time.

@Hachiko
If one can ignore or edit away the "e" in the banner in the picture it could be read as Ast Blue.
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:15   Link #2189
Wanderer
Goat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gnawing away at Rokkenjima
I wonder if someone is faking with the intention of making it seem like a close match the whole time.

I mean, the graphs are almost unnaturally similar...
Wanderer is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:17   Link #2190
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I wonder if someone is faking with the intention of making it seem like a close match the whole time.

I mean, the graphs are almost unnaturally similar...
Maybe the event organizers themselves are faking here, in the hopes of making the match seem tighter, more exciting, more eventful.

In other words, Vince McMahon now runs J-SaiMoe.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:19   Link #2191
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I wonder if someone is faking with the intention of making it seem like a close match the whole time.

I mean, the graphs are almost unnaturally similar...
Yeah, that's what has been bugging me too... One can't help but notice the plateaus and ridges appeared on practically the same times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Maybe the event organizers themselves are faking here, in the hopes of making the match seem tighter, more exciting, more eventful.

In other words, Vince McMahon now runs J-SaiMoe.
When I realized that fakes could also function to make it harder for any one faction to engineer ties or otherwise manipulate vote totals by obscuring the real number of valid votes, I had a similar thought as well.

Vince McMahon, eh?
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:22   Link #2192
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
We've studied how the waves have been done with Toki's three-phase rush and they are well-choreographed, well-thought-out, and highly effective. She will need her strongest rush yet in this, the finale of the premier anime character competition in Japan, the General Election for the 2013 Saimoe Prime Minister's office, the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament Grand Final.

Our Sho Taniguchi is on the scene down on the field. What can you tell us, Sho?

Sho: Good late evening, Hachi. It's a party down here, with a who's-who of people from different shows converging on this football surface. The band StylipS is performing their smash hit "Miracle Rush" and the glow sticks are coming out in full force. The crowd here is really energized, a festive atmosphere down here.

Let's talk a little bit about Saki. It's been a lot of time in the making for the Saki Party to finally get one of their own to the office, hasn't it?

Sho: Oh, no question, it has been four years in the making. 2009, they had their chance, no victory. 2010, they had their chance, still no victory. So this effort in 2012 has been breakthrough, to say the least. Toki Onjouji and Kuro Matsumi are two vanguards you don't want to mess with on the table. They are strong, they are resilient, and they have the looks and appeal to get them this far in the process. But the wait will finally be over soon, and let me tell you, it's a red-letter day for anyone that plays riichi mahjong. This is the day Saki Party followers will remember for the rest of their lives.

That's Sho Taniguchi down on the field at the National Stadium. Ando's Big Board shows a tight one, and it's been a tight one all night, 278-274 in favor of Toki with the final rushes yet to come. This is the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament on 2channel World, we'll be back.
And I will be the one who will be having a quick look at the results. Updates coming at 10.30.

Breaking News: Dragon awaken mode.

Oh oh whats this? It seems Kuro's has upset Toki by 11 votes now.
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:23   Link #2193
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Welcome back, and here with us via conference call is the 2011 2channel Anime Saimoe Champion and current Saimoe Prime Minister, Mami Tomoe. Mami, how are you doing?

Mami: Fine, great to be here. A bit tired, but I can soon rest easy by January knowing that I will have fully transferred my role to the winner of this tournament. It's been a great year taking over for Nakano-san, and it's difficult for me to see my reign last this short, but that's how it is in this capacity.

How has being the leader of Japan in terms of moe changed your life?

Mami: Oh, it's been amazing, to say the least. I have made a lot of friends, I've traveled the world, and now I can say that I have been to every continent. It's been busy. The good thing is that Mitakihara High School is flexible and allows me to incorporate this scheduling without my studies interfering.

What will you do after your reign ends this year? What are the next steps?

Mami: Afterwards, I plan to finish school, then head to a university. I am confident that I can start a family of my own and have kids, then go into politics because I like working with elected officials. I really like the platform of the Your Party. I am planning to vote for them in the next elections. This has been a magical tour for me and now I get to enjoy my last moments of glory. I will miss being the Prime Minister and the Queen of Moe this year. I don't expect us to make a run next season, but we'll give the competition a stern challenge. That we can promise you, as Magical Girls.

Thanks a lot for your time and we'll see you at the National Stadium shortly.

Mami: A pleasure.

Mami Tomoe with us on this, the final day of the Saimoe season. We'll be right back here on 2channel World with an update from the big board. Don't go away!
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:33   Link #2194
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
hachi: Seems like the Rush has started.

Scarletknive: Hmph. The rush starts 10mins earlier than the 2ch expectations.

Hachi: I don't think Toki can make it with 3 waves alone...

Scarletknive: We will see...

Hai hai just now I just had a talk with Hachi after his conference with Mami, so lets see...

294-282 with Kuro leading.

8 mins after I went to watch my CFO, the difference increased by 1 to make it 12? Can Kuro be able to hold out till 11pm? Or will Toki overtake her at the last min like the other Saimoe matches she fought? Stay tuned at 10.50.
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:33   Link #2195
RJ TAYLER
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AUSTRALIA
The atmosphere has reached a fever pitch as I make my way right into the stadium. Ali Project have hit the stage singing a special Aria composed for the event. Today we have had a real treat for the fans here as well, so I must thank P-San for organizing a splendid days musical entertainment. I loved the versions of "Smoky Thrill" and "Rennai Circulation" that your girls at 765 pro provided us with during the afternoon.

Well the hour is upon us and I must also thank my fellow broadcaster Sho Taniguchi for the fine work this year. Mami I will leave it all up to you in a moment as I can see the final votes being added to the tally, a special courier will be despatched to the stadium from the Tally Room to the stadium. Carrying the all important envelope. The National Anthem will sound out as we gather to hear word of the victor. A special Champions lunch will be hosted by HIH the Crown Prince at the Imperial Palace for all champions and runners-up tomorrow.

"My Sucessor is........
__________________
YOURS
RJ TAYLER
RJ TAYLER is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:35   Link #2196
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
The atmosphere has reached a fever pitch as I make my way right into the stadium. Ali Project have hit the stage singing a special Aria composed for the event. Today we have had a real treat for the fans here as well, so I must thank P-San for organizing a splendid days musical entertainment. I loved the versions of "Smoky Thrill" and "Rennai Circulation" that your girls at 765 pro provided us with during the afternoon.

Well the hour is upon us and I must also thank my fellow broadcaster Sho Taniguchi for the fine work this year. Mami I will leave it all up to you in a moment as I can see the final votes being added to the tally, a special courier will be despatched to the stadium from the Tally Room to the stadium. Carrying the all important envelope. The National Anthem will sound out as we gather to hear word of the victor.

"My Sucessor is........
Mind if I try to predict the future? Hmm...........
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:35   Link #2197
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Welcome back, and there is your update here on 2channel World, it's a close lead for Matsumi but still plenty of votes yet to be tallied. Someone is expected to concede at 11:05 p.m. JST tonight. Ayumi Hamasaki is now on the stage, performing her hit from the 1990s...AUDIENCE. And the video board shows montages of fans from around the world. Let's have a listen to this Ayumi hit.

Spoiler:


The rush right now for Kuro has taken place, and Mami has been told by the event organizers to hold off on the announcement until 11:05 p.m. JST. Matsumi will have a huge advantage coming into the final ten minutes but can she hold on? Stick with us.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:40   Link #2198
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Welcome back, and there is your update here on 2channel World, it's a close lead for Matsumi but still plenty of votes yet to be tallied. Someone is expected to concede at 11:05 p.m. JST tonight. Ayumi Hamasaki is now on the stage, performing her hit from the 1990s...AUDIENCE. And the video board shows montages of fans from around the world. Let's have a listen to this Ayumi hit.

Spoiler:
Breaking news Hachi-san, the vote difference is still increasing but only by 13... another 1 vote difference increase.
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:41   Link #2199
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Great write-ups as usual guys, keep 'em coming.

Keep that lead, Kuro... You'll need every valid number you can get tonight.
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2012-11-03, 08:45   Link #2200
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Great write-ups as usual guys, keep 'em coming.

Keep that lead, Kuro... You'll need every valid number you can get tonight.
Well, the lead is still minimum, meaning there is a 70% chance of a heavy runover...
__________________
Scarletknive is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.