AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-27, 13:28   Link #1961
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Only 370 people voted!?
This is the lowest ever for this year.

There was no hate and bloodshed involved. So... yea
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2012-10-27, 19:33   Link #1962
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Spoiler:
broken270 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 01:03   Link #1963
Archaeon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fun fact: The previous two opponents that Nodoka faced and lost to in the semis have both gone ahead to become Saimoe champions.
Archaeon is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 03:30   Link #1964
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Fun fact: The previous two opponents that Nodoka faced and lost to in the semis have both gone ahead to become Saimoe champions.
Plays into Toki's hands. Meanwhile, I'm getting a feeling that there is some fakery on Yuu's part. Some pretty unusual spikes, though subtle.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 03:44   Link #1965
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Plays into Toki's hands. Meanwhile, I'm getting a feeling that there is some fakery on Yuu's part. Some pretty unusual spikes, though subtle.
It's possible, but why would anyone bother? A significant number of fake votes would also make the already bad vote total look even worse.
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 03:51   Link #1966
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
It's possible, but why would anyone bother? A significant number of fake votes would also make the already bad vote total look even worse.
Shana fans on sniper duty, maybe. Also, possible that some Toki fans want to make the Kuro fans pay for trying to take out their Osaka-based homegirl.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 06:09   Link #1967
RJ TAYLER
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AUSTRALIA
Is that a late swing, or a swan, hopefully not an ugly duckling riddled with fakes I see before me as the voting day turns to evensong?
__________________
YOURS
RJ TAYLER
RJ TAYLER is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 06:11   Link #1968
JW1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Voters having trouble getting out of bed today. Well, it is Sunday after all. Yuu looks to be getting some obvious fake votes, but of course that doesn't mean Kuro isn't getting some too.
JW1 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 06:31   Link #1969
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Sho Taniguchi, you're on the scene down in Achiga City, Nara Prefecture. What can you tell us?

Sho: Well, it's a rather reflective atmosphere in Achiga. We are here at the Girls' Academy, where a lot of food and drink is being consumed here. There have been a number of buffet tables cleared out by everyone in the community because they are pretty heavy eaters. Now the collective mood here is that they do not care who wins this contest between Kuro and Yuu because they can take solace that Achiga is going to finish at least fourth in this Saimoe Prime Minister race.

Any music going on?

Sho: We got a local band playing covers of famous anime OPs and EDs, and there's a bit of a crowd, but since it's a Sunday, the crowd is not too big. Once they find out who wins, everyone is going to clear out. At about 10 p.m., the Matsumi sisters are going to address everyone here, and everyone will then await the results of this quarterfinal. But the mood is upbeat, if tired, and then there will be another rally in a few days for the winner of this one. That's the story here in Achiga, back to you, Hachi.

And we thank you, Sho Taniguchi. So, once again at 11:05 p.m. JST we will give you the results of the third quarterfinal between Kuro and Yuu Matsumi. Then, at 1 a.m. JST, we will begin the final quarterfinal between Hisa Takei and Shana. Sho will be at Misaki City, Tokyo Prefecture and Misaki Municipal High School, where a large rally will be taking place for Shana. This is 2channel World's extended coverage of the 2012 Anime Saimoe Tournament. Stick with us, we'll be right back...
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:05   Link #1970
RJ TAYLER
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AUSTRALIA
We are now ready for the big announcement, and could those two contestants in Nara Prefecture today please stand up and await the verdict of you adoring public. A verdict announced by not one but two lovely ladies themselves, a face that graced us last year Miss Nanoha Takamachi and a face that we welcomed again this year Miss Rika Furude. Would you say a few words "Well I look forward to making new friends real soon"

"I'll toast the new semifinalist ni-pah"

Well live from Sydney we go to Sydney Heads where Mr Rob Hirst will give some power to Japan's passion....mega drumroll....

The Third place in the finals race is......
__________________
YOURS
RJ TAYLER
RJ TAYLER is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:06   Link #1971
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Narrow victory on the tracker for Kuro...
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:07   Link #1972
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
And Kuro won with a narrow margin...

1位 181票 松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 178票 松実宥@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A

Total 359 vote...breaking QF-2's record. At least the upcoming round should have more votes.

Pick & Prediction: Shana. Shana is no Louise and Bucchou is no Toki.

P.S. With a new Saki season coming, more Sakimoe next year . Will see whether Jindai Komaki gets enough love
__________________
ion475 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:12   Link #1973
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Welcome back, and we're proud to make a projection.

Spoiler for QF3 results:


Joke of the day is as follows:

Spoiler for Joke of the Day:


This is the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament on 2channel World. We'll be right back...
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:15   Link #1974
JW1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Another photo finish.

The Saki faction will have to go all-out if they want a 4-of-4 semifinal. Can they push Hisa past Shana? It's a tall order, but stranger things have happened.
JW1 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:19   Link #1975
Wanderer
Goat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gnawing away at Rokkenjima
Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)
Q Finals: Picks (1-2), Predictions (3-0)

If it were any of the other Saki characters I'd pick Shana, but Hisa's my favorite. I'm gonna go a bit out on a limb and predict a win for her, too.

Shana @ Shakugan No Shana: <<シャナ@灼眼のシャナIII -Final->>
Hisa Takei @ Saki: <<竹井久@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Wanderer is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:32   Link #1976
Hachiko
The Akita
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
With the Nationals Arc now in the works, the Saki Party can rest easy next year because everything else from this point on will be gravy.
__________________
The Akita.
Hachiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 09:33   Link #1977
Aya Reiko
Cutengu
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shameimaru's lap
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guessing...
Shana
__________________
Aya Reiko is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 10:00   Link #1978
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
P.S. With a new Saki season coming, more Sakimoe next year . Will see whether Jindai Komaki gets enough love
Nah because of this overkill that Saki did this year they'll be severely weakened next year plus there is a high possibility a new Winter 2013/ Spring 2013 series will be stronger than Saki . Plus wouldn't Madoka Magica (I feel like they'll be stronger than Saki because they didn't overkill so bad compared to Saki) and a completely new series we never heard of yet be in the way for Sakimoe?

Picks- Shana
Prediction- Shana
__________________

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-28 at 12:28.
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 10:15   Link #1979
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
So to all KugiRie tsundere, the first and original is the their only hope left.

I wish Shana will become the champion because Saki characters will guarantee to return next year because of the bonus episodes that will air in December. They also announced another Saki season and if it airs on summer season or after next year, then Saki character will also return for the 2014 tournament as well.
AP24 is offline  
Old 2012-10-28, 10:19   Link #1980
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Final line of defense until Sakimoe is set in stone.
Spoiler:
broken270 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.