AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-03, 07:33   Link #561
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I read all the available manga yesterday and can say that it's adapted quite good compared to some other series - no complaints here.

Good action episode this time. I like how all flashback flesh out the characters. The only thing that irks me is Sakamoto's lack of distrust after all that has happened.
That's what I have found in most of the toppers

But let's hope better in the future...wonder how much of the manga will be covered by the anime
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 10:20   Link #562
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I still find it interesting, Himeko just happened to be wearing Camo print clothes the day she was taken, what are the odds.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:53   Link #563
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I missed the first half of the episode... still though why the hell neither Himiko nor Ryouta suspect the doctor (being that doctor from the nurse's story) and their escape plan of being too naive... for two episodes now

Anyway, I guess we'll find out next week, what cool gimmick Ryouta used this time
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:33   Link #564
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
they had no Idea one could still return to the island after escaping it once so they thought it was some other doctor. the anime cuts a lot of stuff out that the manga explains things better. I already watched the 10th episode and they removed a scene that I really liked
__________________
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:00   Link #565
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
they had no Idea one could still return to the island after escaping it once so they thought it was some other doctor. the anime cuts a lot of stuff out that the manga explains things better. I already watched the 10th episode and they removed a scene that I really liked
Dunno, I am not reading the manga, but taking only the anime into account, they should be at least a little suspicious by now about both the doc, as well as their escape plan Afterall they are not behaving as stupid as the average shounen/shoujo MCs... yet
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 02:22   Link #566
TheEroKing
Akari Edition
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
They spiced up Ryouta being NTRed by his old buddy Oda scene in the past (I hope this ass never gets near Himiko ) compared to the manga perhaps indicating Oda will be dying a horrible death in the future
Spoiler for Comparison of episode 10 to the manga for this scene:
__________________

Last edited by TheEroKing; 2012-12-07 at 02:44.
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:59   Link #567
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
ep.10
evil fat host & others are watching ryota match rocker guy seeing how ryota survive til a moment wait two realize have they met before?

after exhaust bombing with kira appear take back his bomb & himiko checking on ryota give seeing rocker person remind a person from his school time.

during know a guy used to be a pal til he steal a girl from ryota cue beatdown & notice it same person while speaking of rocker he stuck with lizard lady.

& yea himiko still don't trust the doctor person so ryota being huh yea so try get medicine til yep the doctor is LIE cue boom on ryota?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 08:00   Link #568
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Cliffhanger ending!!! But I love it!!! I'm looking forward to Himiko's!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 08:29   Link #569
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
If our main protagonist wasn't such an idiot (making it very difficult to suspend disbelief over him supposedly being a world-ranked player of Btoom), I think I'd be enjoying this a little more.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 14:17   Link #570
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Sakamoto vs Oda!
His plan didn't go too well. Lost food and a bim pack.
At least Himiko was happy to see him alive.
Flashback to school days was kinda interesting.
Taira still in pretty bad shape...
I don't like Date's thoughts one bit.
Looks like he really is a bad one.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 15:44   Link #571
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Images
Doki Doki Highschool Time?!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Btw. it's very funny that Miyuki Sawashiro is voicing two characters this season that are both stuck on an island.

Just this time I will have "high" expectations for the next episode because I want to see "that" scene. It's totally unimportant and non-spoilerish but damn, I want to see it in motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
If our main protagonist wasn't such an idiot (making it very difficult to suspend disbelief over him supposedly being a world-ranked player of Btoom), I think I'd be enjoying this a little more.
Really? He struck me as naive maybe but not really idiotic. And I see plenty of reason (most of which Ryouta stated himself) for trusting Date-sensei. I actually find his choices and thoughts during the battles rather amazing.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 16:50   Link #572
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Doctors are very easy to trust by virtue of them being a doctor. He was probably a successful doctor too. He probably has a bit of trouble keeping people's trust for an extended amount of time though, and probably is the type who shows his true self too soon in normal every day life, which is how he got sent to the island. Twice. It's easier to get away with that on the island given how it's very hectic and people are looking even harder for someone to trust.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 07:48   Link #573
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
I would have understood Ryouta getting so angry with Oda if Ryouta had been upset that Aiko was crying and blamed that on him. But Ryouta wasn't upset about that, he was upset about being betrayed, and so I don't think his actions in beating up Oda were justified. Oda didn't steal Aiko from him. Ryouta was a guy who didn't even have the guts to ask Aiko out, who had told Oda he wasn't going ask her out. And Oda had told Ryouta that people who don't act lose their chance, and that that's the difference between them. Yet Ryouta goes to beat the guy up in righteous fury about the humiliation and betrayal from Oda sleeping with...a girl that Ryouta wasn't in a relationship with, and didn't want to try asking out. Man, Ryouta, you suck. Oda wasn't being a good friend there, but Ryouta definitely went too far.

Ryouta's trust for Date seemed odd. I can understand him trusting Himiko, and after what they've been through I can understand him trusting Taira - although he didn't trust Taira firmly at first. It seemed overly convenient that this ep, we were told for the first time in that flashback that Ryouta's the type who's like a kid who believes whatever someone says. Date must have charisma and persuasion skills, but that stuff Ryouta said about "If we're going to survive on this island, it's important to trust people. And if you don't start by trusting them, they won't ever really trust you" was just rubbish. It only works if the other person isn't planning to kill you. Ryouta should at least have not told Date about the 3 chips at first.

At least Himiko possesses some healthy caution. But, even she might not have been taking things far enough. Date was able to over-hear her, after all. It would have been better to draw Ryouta away on a pretext.

It's good (bad?) to hear that the lizard venom is still affecting Taira, since it would have been ridiculous to have it just do nothing. It looks as if Taira's snapped by now, or on the way to it. The way he reacted before to Ryouta leaving made it seem very much as if he couldn't bear that, and now Ryouta's leaving again. It seemed like an ill little child getting upset at his mother leaving, only with much higher stakes. It makes sense, too. Taira was being left totally defenceless on an island where people want him dead and could just stroll in and do it with no problems, and Sakamoto is someone who's saved him over and over again.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 08:00   Link #574
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I would have understood Ryouta getting so angry with Oda if Ryouta had been upset that Aiko was crying and blamed that on him. But Ryouta wasn't upset about that, he was upset about being betrayed, and so I don't think his actions in beating up Oda were justified. Oda didn't steal Aiko from him. Ryouta was a guy who didn't even have the guts to ask Aiko out, who had told Oda he wasn't going ask her out. And Oda had told Ryouta that people who don't act lose their chance, and that that's the difference between them. Yet Ryouta goes to beat the guy up in righteous fury about the humiliation and betrayal from Oda sleeping with...a girl that Ryouta wasn't in a relationship with, and didn't want to try asking out. Man, Ryouta, you suck. Oda wasn't being a good friend there, but Ryouta definitely went too far.

Ryouta's trust for Date seemed odd. I can understand him trusting Himiko, and after what they've been through I can understand him trusting Taira - although he didn't trust Taira firmly at first. It seemed overly convenient that this ep, we were told for the first time in that flashback that Ryouta's the type who's like a kid who believes whatever someone says. Date must have charisma and persuasion skills, but that stuff Ryouta said about "If we're going to survive on this island, it's important to trust people. And if you don't start by trusting them, they won't ever really trust you" was just rubbish. It only works if the other person isn't planning to kill you. Ryouta should at least have not told Date about the 3 chips at first.

At least Himiko possesses some healthy caution. But, even she might not have been taking things far enough. Date was able to over-hear her, after all. It would have been better to draw Ryouta away on a pretext.

It's good (bad?) to hear that the lizard venom is still affecting Taira, since it would have been ridiculous to have it just do nothing. It looks as if Taira's snapped by now, or on the way to it. The way he reacted before to Ryouta leaving made it seem very much as if he couldn't bear that, and now Ryouta's leaving again. It seemed like an ill little child getting upset at his mother leaving, only with much higher stakes. It makes sense, too. Taira was being left totally defenceless on an island where people want him dead and could just stroll in and do it with no problems, and Sakamoto is someone who's saved him over and over again.
Have you ever had the girl you liked yoinked away in front of you by a friend?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 08:15   Link #575
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Have you ever had the girl you liked yoinked away in front of you by a friend?
It's natural that Ryouta would feel upset and betrayed, but that doesn't justify him beating up Oda like that.

Aiko wasn't yoinked away from Ryouta, because she was never with Ryouta in the first place, and Ryouta wasn't even going to try for it.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 09:39   Link #576
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I would have understood Ryouta getting so angry with Oda if Ryouta had been upset that Aiko was crying and blamed that on him. But Ryouta wasn't upset about that, he was upset about being betrayed, and so I don't think his actions in beating up Oda were justified. Oda didn't steal Aiko from him. Ryouta was a guy who didn't even have the guts to ask Aiko out, who had told Oda he wasn't going ask her out. And Oda had told Ryouta that people who don't act lose their chance, and that that's the difference between them. Yet Ryouta goes to beat the guy up in righteous fury about the humiliation and betrayal from Oda sleeping with...a girl that Ryouta wasn't in a relationship with, and didn't want to try asking out. Man, Ryouta, you suck. Oda wasn't being a good friend there, but Ryouta definitely went too far.
It hurts a lot to get betrayed by a person you wholly trusted. Ryouta just snapped. His anger overcame his reason. His actions may not have been justified, but they are understandable.

Quote:
Ryouta's trust for Date seemed odd. I can understand him trusting Himiko, and after what they've been through I can understand him trusting Taira - although he didn't trust Taira firmly at first. It seemed overly convenient that this ep, we were told for the first time in that flashback that Ryouta's the type who's like a kid who believes whatever someone says. Date must have charisma and persuasion skills, but that stuff Ryouta said about "If we're going to survive on this island, it's important to trust people. And if you don't start by trusting them, they won't ever really trust you" was just rubbish. It only works if the other person isn't planning to kill you. Ryouta should at least have not told Date about the 3 chips at first.
It's not all that odd. Date took care of Taira even though he had seemingly no reason to, he readily shared his food with them, and Ryouta has ascertained Date hadn't been playing the game before they met. At his point, he has no real reason to distrust him. I agree he is too trusting though. He should have waited before telling him about the three chips. He should also give more credence to Himiko's words. When she told him Date attempted to kill her, he should considered she was right instead of dismissing it right away as paranoia.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:21   Link #577
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
"If we're going to survive on this island, it's important to trust people. And if you don't start by trusting them, they won't ever really trust you" was just rubbish. It only works if the other person isn't planning to kill you. Ryouta should at least have not told Date about the 3 chips at first.
Agreed with the 3 chips thing. However I don't see what's rubbish about the trust line. Obviously it's a risk to trust someone, but if you don't, you'll end up with unnecessary mental stress and I imagine you already have enough of that to begin with with such a setting. You can't win the game without a team and teamwork. Ryouta was too trusting because it should take more time and evaluation before you start to invest "trust" in someone, however Kanon pretty much nailed down the reasons why he trusts Date by now. Naive yes, but understandable.

If you don't approach people openly, they also won't, so to say. In this case which is surely not a rare one, they are simply being played with which led to the result we saw at the end of the episode. But while it may have been a convenient coincidence, the risk of having trusted Date-sensei was well worth it. Ryouta wouldn't have known about the remote control type BIM if it wasn't for Date so he would have had a disadvantage versus Oda. They also would have lost stamina because without Date, they wouldn't have eaten. And finally, who knows what Taira would look like right now if it wasn't for him.

Call it plot convenience if you want, but Ryouta simply had no choice but to trust Date or at the very least play along with him just like Himiko did. If she didn't at that time, she might have been dead already or escaped with heavy injuries at best. You could say they're abusing each other right now equally. Date for a temporary teammate and doctor profession, and Ryouta for chips and higher rate of survival.

Last edited by Vanish; 2012-12-08 at 12:26. Reason: can't type fgs
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:28   Link #578
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
It's natural that Ryouta would feel upset and betrayed, but that doesn't justify him beating up Oda like that.

Aiko wasn't yoinked away from Ryouta, because she was never with Ryouta in the first place, and Ryouta wasn't even going to try for it.
I think that it was justified. There were other girls in the school. He could have slept with someone else since he had a girlfriend already.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:00   Link #579
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
You could say they're abusing each other right now equally. Date for a temporary teammate and doctor profession, and Ryouta for chips and higher rate of survival.
The problem is Ryouta's level of trust. Ryouta said he believed in Date; he wasn't abusing him at all, at least not based on the anime's content.

Ryouta did have some reasonable reasons for trusting Date to an extent - that he's a doctor who helped Taira, and that he hadn't used his BIMs yet - but then, Himiko told him that Date tried to kill her and the woman she was fighting. And Ryouta ought to be well aware that one of the best or at least most likely strategies in the game is to team up with someone and kill them when you have enough chips...but he still told Date their number of chips straight away, that basically they only needed one more. Himiko then told Ryouta that Date did try to kill that one more. If Date had succeeded in killing Himiko and that other woman, all he would need to do is kill Ryouta, then waltz back and kill Taira, and he'd have won the game.

So I definitely think that Ryouta's trust was misplaced and that he was being foolish. He should at the very least have begun to doubt Date after what Himiko said, rather than going on a spiel about how trust is important for the game and he believes in the guy. That's great and all, but like I said earlier, it only works for people who aren't already trying to kill you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that it was justified. There were other girls in the school. He could have slept with someone else since he had a girlfriend already.
Nah. Ryouta was seriously beating Oda up. That sort of violence can't be justified for such a reason as Oda sleeping with someone Ryouta liked. It's not even as if Oda went out of his way either, as apparently Aiko was the one who approached him. Oda also knew that although Ryouta liked Aiko, he didn't want to ask her out. It's a betrayal from Oda, yes, but not a justification for Ryouta mashing the guy.

Then again, we shouldn't be surprised about Ryouta losing it like that. He's a guy who throws stuff at his own mother, after all. He may have been the type of kid who looks meek when he was at school, but he actually has anger management problems.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 22:27   Link #580
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Nah. Ryouta was seriously beating Oda up. That sort of violence can't be justified for such a reason as Oda sleeping with someone Ryouta liked. It's not even as if Oda went out of his way either, as apparently Aiko was the one who approached him. Oda also knew that although Ryouta liked Aiko, he didn't want to ask her out. It's a betrayal from Oda, yes, but not a justification for Ryouta mashing the guy.
.


Oda could have said no. He didn't even consider her cute. We can agree to disagree.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.