AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-09, 11:57   Link #1
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
American Idol!!!

Does anyone watch this show? I just started watching Season 3 and am kinda crazy about it...does anyone else watch this?
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:03   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
At first I thought it was another ff7799 . Well ff7799 you got fans who sport the !!! too


I wish American Idol was never introduced so just maybe ... for once ... garbage reallity TV ... would be replaced by something worth my time.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:06   Link #3
sasukeXoro
scratch n' sniff avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
AAAAH, to be a 13 year old girl again, so i could indulged in these types of shows, and call all my girlfriends over for a slumber party so we can fight over who loves ruben sandwich more (what ever that fat guys name is) , and defend clay atkin's masculinity, because a guy who is that fashionable couldnt possiblly be gay!

ah, but im glad im not a 13 year old girl, because it would be kinda of akward considering im a guy, and i wouldnt possibly be able to leave the house due to easy access to female body parts.
sasukeXoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:12   Link #4
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Aaaaa yes and lets not forget our superstar from UCBerkley who got his own one hour on CNN, cause really if you think about it ... there is not much going on in the world right now other than American Idol, Gay marriages and The Passion.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:36   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
IMHO, American Idol is the stupidest show I've ever watched one episode of.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 12:52   Link #6
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA,
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Aaaaa yes and lets not forget our superstar from UCBerkley who got his own one hour on CNN, cause really if you think about it ... there is not much going on in the world right now other than American Idol, Gay marriages and The Passion.
William Hung, right? Just thinking about him...
He's making money now [scary, isn't it]. Radio stations are picking up on his renditions of songs [oh the horror, the horror].
__________________
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 16:21   Link #7
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
William Hung, right? Just thinking about him...
He's making money now [scary, isn't it]. Radio stations are picking up on his renditions of songs [oh the horror, the horror].

Ok hold on a minute. The guy SUCKS at singing right? (I've never watched American Idol). WHY do people listen to him then? WHY is this happening??? The world is going to hell and William Hung's popularity is proof of it
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 17:04   Link #8
aahhsin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Ok hold on a minute. The guy SUCKS at singing right? (I've never watched American Idol). WHY do people listen to him then? WHY is this happening??? The world is going to hell and William Hung's popularity is proof of it
He sucks so bad he's good.

Anyone know a FOB? He's the worst of worst.

this season is boring. No finalists has anything special to them
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 17:24   Link #9
sasukeXoro
scratch n' sniff avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Ok hold on a minute. The guy SUCKS at singing right? (I've never watched American Idol). WHY do people listen to him then? WHY is this happening??? The world is going to hell and William Hung's popularity is proof of it
people like watching car wrecks and roof jumpers, it reminds them that thier lives could be worse.

and its funny cuz he doenst know he's bad, hes probally the best worst thing (cuz everything that spawned from american idol is crap) to come out of american idol.
sasukeXoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 17:39   Link #10
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA,
Age: 27
I believe William Hung is popular because of his attitude.
On American Idol, he was thrashed by the judges for being so horrible. Instead of throwing a fit or crying, he simply said that he was happy because he had done his best and walked off.
__________________
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 18:04   Link #11
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
William Hung, right? Just thinking about him...
He's making money now [scary, isn't it]. Radio stations are picking up on his renditions of songs [oh the horror, the horror].


that's creepy... you americans and your crappality shows, i've seen in tv one about a midget (little people for the sensitives) finding a bride what the hell is wrong with you people!?!?!?!
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 23:50   Link #12
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
william hung = makes a mockery of asian culture everywhere
and just when i thought the country got over kungfu fever and "OH ME SO SOLLY AH SO AH SO" .. along comes william hung.

the sole reason for my watching american idol season 1 was for Simon Ogreface.
that man puts the dong back in rangalangadingdong
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 23:59   Link #13
MikoKikyo
*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor


that's creepy... you americans and your crappality shows, i've seen in tv one about a midget (little people for the sensitives) finding a bride what the hell is wrong with you people!?!?!?!
It's actually a really American type of humor....I find the guy hillarious, I get a kick out of watching him. It's SNL-funny, Mad TV-funny, Jackass-funny, we like to see people making a$$es of themselves on tv, what could be more amusing?

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-04-10 at 00:01. Reason: I'm an idiot
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 00:02   Link #14
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
making an ass of yourself is one thing..
perpetuating a stereotype is another

theres a difference between drinking-milk-until-you-vomit-funny and doing-a-cheap-asian-immitation-funny
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 00:06   Link #15
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
It's actually a really American type of humor....I find the guy hillarious, I get a kick out of watching him. It's SNL-funny, Mad TV-funny, Jackass-funny, we like to see people making a$$es of themselves on tv, what could be more amusing?
you just mentioned the most stupid shows i've ever seen. ( i don't know mad-TV though) but anyway, is your humor and i respect that, what i don't respect is the inmense amount of realities, (i get to se some of those trough the E! news program in E! latinamerica) with the most stupid themes, i mean, midgets??? they do that just to make fun of the poor guy, thats plain mean...

i have the creepy hunch that in the future real people are gonna get killed in USA TV just for the fun...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 00:12   Link #16
ShadowX114
is my nickname
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 27
last Saturday I was watching a channel called FOXBOX, lol and William Hung was the host. Every1 now likes him because of 1 sentance: I already gave my best and I have no request at all.
I can't beleive this!!
__________________
I know my english isn't perfect!
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 00:43   Link #17
MikoKikyo
*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
making an ass of yourself is one thing..
perpetuating a stereotype is another

theres a difference between drinking-milk-until-you-vomit-funny and doing-a-cheap-asian-immitation-funny
weeeell yeah you're so PC. There might be a difference but the truth is that this guy manages to make an ass of himself AND perpetuate a stereoptype. He almost deserves the attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
i have the creepy hunch that in the future real people are gonna get killed in USA TV just for the fun...
Ever seen Fear Factor? They don't get killed just for the fun but they do worse lol
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 22:43   Link #18
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Village Hidden in the Leaves
Age: 21
I was going to start a new Idol thread but I found this one. Is anyone watching the 2008 Idols this year? My votes going for David Archiletta(sp?). I always hear the girls in the back scream when he comes on stage and noone else gets that currently. Also he's really one of the only good singers.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 23:09   Link #19
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic View Post
william hung = makes a mockery of asian culture everywhere
and just when i thought the country got over kungfu fever and "OH ME SO SOLLY AH SO AH SO" .. along comes william hung.

the sole reason for my watching american idol season 1 was for Simon Ogreface.
that man puts the dong back in rangalangadingdong
Please, it's bad when people mistake you for William Hung.

So instead of bashing this show and say how bad it is, why not discuss it (if you even watch it)? I personally like Michael Johns over David Archuleta, but they're both good.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 23:20   Link #20
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Please, it's bad when people mistake you for William Hung.

So instead of bashing this show and say how bad it is, why not discuss it (if you even watch it)? I personally like Michael Johns over David Archuleta, but they're both good.
That's a 4 year old quote that you're quoting. Just so you know






Also, yeah this year Archuleta is the talk of the season.

Btw, who's the gay guy? Lol he's hilarious.
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.