AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-17, 13:20   Link #1
ZeroVirus

Send a message via ICQ to ZeroVirus
Encoding Tips & Questions

I have recentley been trying my hand at encoding movies I make from games I play. I have been using FRAPS to capture the movies themselves which look great in uncompressed form, but I am needing some help encoding them. I am using a xVid plugin for VirtualDub and the results are NOT good. For like, 40 seconds, the file is 8mb, way to big for my tastes.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on a site that helps in teaching you about getting maximum compression on these movies? Also, it would be VERY helpful if any subbers out there could give me information on how they go about compressing 23 mins of anime into roughly 150mb. Thanks.
ZeroVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 15:18   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroVirus
I have recentley been trying my hand at encoding movies I make from games I play. I have been using FRAPS to capture the movies themselves which look great in uncompressed form, but I am needing some help encoding them. I am using a xVid plugin for VirtualDub and the results are NOT good. For like, 40 seconds, the file is 8mb, way to big for my tastes.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on a site that helps in teaching you about getting maximum compression on these movies? Also, it would be VERY helpful if any subbers out there could give me information on how they go about compressing 23 mins of anime into roughly 150mb. Thanks.
www.doom9.org has a ton of information about how to compress using MPEG4 variants (DivX,XVid,etc)

As for compressing anime versus compressing game footage. Anime tends to be easier to make compressible since there's often not too much motion compared to say a FPS capture.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 02:51   Link #3
Zigma

you need to be 1 with your codec settings thats why not everyone is a encoder.

diffrent settings for diffrent animes etc. It can be quite tricky sometimes.
Zigma is offline   Reply With Quote