AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Old 2016-10-08, 01:06   Link #1
Westworld (HBO)

Westworld is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin. Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, it explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved can be indulged.

A series inspired by the 1973 film of the same title written by Michael Crichton about a futuristic theme park populated by artificial beings.
So far I like this, the first episode felt very similar to Red Dead Redemption (imo). I haven't seen the original movie but I hear that it was good so I have high hopes for this series.

Also, I can't be the only one who saw that one storage room and thought "holy shit, this is just nightmare fuel", I mean, why would you not get rid of them especially if they are malfunctioning that badly? If I worked there the second I saw that kind of "malfunction" I would quit right then and there and get my ass to the nearest helicopter or airplane as far as it could go.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 06:12   Link #2
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
Well, the original movie is essentially Crichton's prototype/embryo of his later Jurassic Park novel, in that:

In this case, however, the showrunners seem to be gunning for the more philosophical/thought-generating aspects of the story, with additional mysteries and controversies.
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 20:30   Link #3
after the first episode, i wasn't sure what direction the show was going to go in. like ed harris' character could still be a good guy, despite his methods. now, after the second episode, things are a little clearer. motivations and direction are more apparent. seems like anthony hopkins' goal is to make them as close to human as possible, and the next evolution is religion. i wonder how they'll move forward with it.
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

sci fi, western