AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-14, 14:56   Link #1
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Scrapped Princess

Edit by Mod (NightWish): Added the spoiler tag as per request. It may not look like a spoiler to someone who has yet to see the series (me) but apparently it is for some...
Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2003-11-16 at 22:24.
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 17:03   Link #2
indicatoto101
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dallas
Age: 30
Yeah Scrapped Princess is a great series, but it has it's own forum.
__________________
Still stuck on Sailor Moon
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 17:06   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Not anymore. You're living in the past, man!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 18:12   Link #4
Dark Zero
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Even though its not written, isnt that kinda obvious what happens at the end by how you said that? You just spoiled it for me Ah well, don't matter....gotta see it anyway, soon.
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"Ū

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 18:37   Link #5
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
I watched the whole series yesterday...8 hours worth of anime...very well worth it...

I finished Last Exile the day before it...Last Exile was MUCH better than Scrapped Princess...but Scrapped Princess was still VERY well done.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 19:14   Link #6
Dark Zero
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
I started to watch scrapped when I began downloading it, had 4 eps, couldn't stop watching. But I stopped, as I tend to HOLD BACK and wait til I have the entire series to watch. Now all I need is time. But it actually came down to 8 hrs only? Thats 20 mins for each ep......I can finish that in a day ^_^
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"Ū

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 01:57   Link #7
ZGMF-10A
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
This anime is really nice..... i had the same reaction watching evagelion..... i wonder if the creator are the same...... i really like how it was presented... so many cute girls...
ZGMF-10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-15, 02:02   Link #8
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
One of my fav anime series that had an satisfying ending. I wouldnt mind if they make another season, but I guess their isnt enough material to make another season besides creating a whole new story.
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 00:40   Link #9
D-Stilo
C00lness in n00bnes
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
I finished watching the whole series and it was time well spent too. The ending theme alone gives me a rather fuzzy feeling.

But the series has one weak point in my opinion, that could have been improved and that is the relationship development between characters.

There seems to be strong bonds between some characters but it isnīt really shown how these bonds are established. For example Chris and Prince Forcis. They seem to be very close but it isnīt shown how they actually got so close. Kindoff felt the same about the relationship with Pacifica and Fulle but not as much. This doesnīt go for the relationship between Pacifica, Shannon and Raquell. I think that that relationship was well worked out and displayed. Other people any thoughts on the subject? Just creating conversation here Just for a minor weak point I still find it a good anime series.
D-Stilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 03:55   Link #10
Tboz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Agreed, I like the series, but was quite disppointed with the ending, it ended... just like that...

Between Chris and Prince Forcis, I think what they had is some sort of companionship. Chris had seen Pacifica previously and he obviously is not convinced that Pacifica can destroy the world. That probably creates some sort of link between the two of them.

Between Fulle and Pacifica, the relationship is even stronger. She can't remember a thing and only Fulle is there for her. She is dependent on him, the same way how she always look to her brother and sister for help. Its subtle, but I sense some love between the two of them. To the point where Fulle is willing to sacrificed his life for her.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 22:00   Link #11
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
I watched the whole series yesterday...8 hours worth of anime...very well worth it...

I finished Last Exile the day before it...Last Exile was MUCH better than Scrapped Princess...but Scrapped Princess was still VERY well done.
Man and Last Exile is coming to America soon so i can get the special collectors edition when it arrives

on that note im also waiting for Somedays dreamer it was done by same ppl who did Ai yori aoshi so i cant wait to see it

but id have to say im sorry if i spoiled anything i just want you to know how wonderful of an anime scrapped princess is its on my top anime list now

I will have to show it to my anime club soon =]

they already wanna c it after i told them a little about it especially since there girls when i told them about how sad i got they were like i wanna c too

anyways my college anime club has nothing to do with this now does it ?

but I highly recommend Scrapped Princess i give it 2 thumbs up and a leg lol
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 22:03   Link #12
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Stilo
I finished watching the whole series and it was time well spent too. The ending theme alone gives me a rather fuzzy feeling.

But the series has one weak point in my opinion, that could have been improved and that is the relationship development between characters.

There seems to be strong bonds between some characters but it isnīt really shown how these bonds are established. For example Chris and Prince Forcis. They seem to be very close but it isnīt shown how they actually got so close. Kindoff felt the same about the relationship with Pacifica and Fulle but not as much. This doesnīt go for the relationship between Pacifica, Shannon and Raquell. I think that that relationship was well worked out and displayed. Other people any thoughts on the subject? Just creating conversation here Just for a minor weak point I still find it a good anime series.

On that note what about the relationships that should of been? Like Pacifica and Leo? and Chris and Winia there was definite chemistry between these and i felt like the only characters that they went into detail with their backgrounds and how they became how they were was the relationship between sim or swin and Shannon
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 02:15   Link #13
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
scrapped princess

I have to say that Scrapped Princess is probably the best shorter anime that I have EVER seen. I just loved it- the characters, music, action, thoughtful plot- an absolute must see.

-although i admit I haven't seen Last Exile yet- looking forward to that on DVD.

The only negative thing I can say about Scrapped Princess is that it takes an odd bird to like the opening theme- i suppose i qualify.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 02:48   Link #14
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I have to say that Scrapped Princess is probably the best shorter anime that I have EVER seen. I just loved it- the characters, music, action, thoughtful plot- an absolute must see.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel except that I didn't really like the OP and that I've seen LastEXILE. My only complaints with Scrapped Princess is that the action scenes were too short(probably because I thought they were so good and wanted more^^), the secondary characters weren't tied well enough into the plot(similar to the complaints above) and that the ending was rushed. I was a little disappointed with how the situation with Sim/Cz was ended. I thought that Scrapped Princess felt a lot like an RPG and I thought, so many times while I was watching, that I might have been derived from an RPG or would make an excellent RPG, hehe. Does anyone else think that the 2nd class Divine Punishment execution form looks a lot better than the 1st class form? I know the 1st class form didn't show up much, but it looked a little weird to me.
::faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 07:06   Link #15
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
This anime is really nice..... i had the same reaction watching evagelion..... i wonder if the creator are the same......
Nope. I really don't think Gainax (the creators of Evangelion) would be capable of making something as conventional as Scrapped Princess, they'd probably get bored before they even finished the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Stilo
There seems to be strong bonds between some characters but it isnīt really shown how these bonds are established.
Perhaps such things are explored more fully in the novels, but were excised from the anime due to time considerations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::faze
I thought that Scrapped Princess felt a lot like an RPG and I thought, so many times while I was watching, that I might have been derived from an RPG or would make an excellent RPG, hehe.
I take it you actually mean "D&D-type RPG" rather than just "RPG" or something like that. Since generally, RPGs can have pretty much any setting, storyline and feel, "feels like an RPG" is something of a meaningless statement.

I felt Scrapped Princess to be about as good as you can get without doing anything particularly interesting. My preference is for genre-busting, cliche-busting experiments, Scrapped Princess is as as good as something can be for me without being something of that nature.

Don't like Last Exile though. All those long flying scenes bore me.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-19, 03:25   Link #16
kamij0
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I have to say that Scrapped Princess is probably the best shorter anime that I have EVER seen. I just loved it- the characters, music, action, thoughtful plot- an absolute must see.

-although i admit I haven't seen Last Exile yet- looking forward to that on DVD.

The only negative thing I can say about Scrapped Princess is that it takes an odd bird to like the opening theme- i suppose i qualify.

The OP is nice ..definately one of the cheerful songs that i heard from the anime i watched. and even though the anime is short. u got to admit it does really contain alot of interesting things, like comparing the world to matrix and pacifcia being the saviour to mankind, and the god's domination that is being compared as the machine's tyrrany. All this being squeezed into 26 episodes, its not easy..
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 12:07   Link #17
lamort_noir
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
The OP is nice ..definately one of the cheerful songs that i heard from the anime i watched. and even though the anime is short. u got to admit it does really contain alot of interesting things, like comparing the world to matrix and pacifcia being the saviour to mankind, and the god's domination that is being compared as the machine's tyrrany. All this being squeezed into 26 episodes, its not easy..
oh and I like the ending song of Scrapped Princess the best i dont remember the name it was weird like li li something lol
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 05:52   Link #18
kamij0
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamort_noir
oh and I like the ending song of Scrapped Princess the best i dont remember the name it was weird like li li something lol



[Yoko Ueno & Masumi Ito] - Daichi no la li la
the ending song for scrapped princess
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 18:18   Link #19
Kei-
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: West of House
Age: 31
I really enjoyed Scrapped Princess, but I was more than a little unsatisfied with the number of dangling subplots at the end (really felt rushed in the last few episodes, to me). I suppose this leaves some space for the second season, though!
Kei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 20:59   Link #20
LostDivinity
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei-
I really enjoyed Scrapped Princess, but I was more than a little unsatisfied with the number of dangling subplots at the end (really felt rushed in the last few episodes, to me). I suppose this leaves some space for the second season, though!
a lot of people I've talked to think there's no room for a second season, but I think it could because one major aspect was left open. The original enemy that attacked earth is never confronted, Mauzel is just the one watching over everything, and the peacemakers are just weapons. Now that humans are free again, wouldn't it attack again?

At least, that is what I gathered.
LostDivinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.