AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 08:46   Link #281
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
From the looks of it the staff definitely succeeded when they said that episode 4 was meant to make the audience see that Erec is a nice guy.
Forget seeing him as a nice guy, they made him the most likable character in the series .

Of course it fits. Going against the standard in a lot of ways. A 'hero' that will resort to low blows in order to win. 'Villains challenging you to one on one honorable combat, etc.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:58   Link #282
Kirarakim

Well we see the bishounen brigade also sticks by Erec (even after he is defeated) so there must have been a good reason for that.

I could say my favorite characters are Erec and Mariandale but that could also be because they are voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi and Jun Fukuyama, I don't know.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:23   Link #283
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Funny, how everyone suddenly thinks Erec is Duke Nukem....

On the Witch:
My first thought on her was 'wth what is beatrice doing here?!'

We have yet to see much about her but atm she seems like a mixture of Beatrice and Dyshana(Agarest) oO.
Both cases could very well make her the end boss...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:59   Link #284
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Forget seeing him as a nice guy, they made him the most likable character in the series .

Of course it fits. Going against the standard in a lot of ways. A 'hero' that will resort to low blows in order to win. 'Villains challenging you to one on one honorable combat, etc.
not to mention he owns the ED (pun intended ) ^^ makes me think he and his gang would turn protagonists soon.
garbage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 10:37   Link #285
SinsI

Finally we see girls that are suitable for Kon to lose his DT status.
I bet on Emily(as that would hurt Erec the most), although Gabriella is also quite an option.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 10:37   Link #286
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Some great news to all seiyuu fans watching this show, volume 1 of the BD/DVD has an awesome bonus, which is audio commentary (or rather, tsukkomentary ) for the first four episodes... by (nearly) the whole main cast (Kon's group - Sainglain + Incognito) and director Shinji Takamatsu. The. Whole. Friggin'. Main. Cast. (Minus Nakai)

Takuya Eguchi, Hiroshi Kamiya, Jun Fukuyama, Shiori Mikami, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Yuki Kaji, Sugita Tomokazu, Kenichi Suzumura, Mitsuki Saiga and the director sitting in one room, watching the anime and having a ball making commentary on this already silly show. There are samples of the commentary on the link above. Just listen to the first, you don't even need to understand Japanese to know how much fun they're having from the way they introduce themselves. Can't wait for it to come out. Not sure why Nakai didn't (couldn't?) join in...
Old 2012-10-29, 11:15   Link #287
Kirarakim

Oh god Jun Fukuyama introducing himself. I died!

It's times like this I hate I can't understand Japanese. And I know if this series gets brought over here chances those commentaries will come over translated are very slim.
Old 2012-10-29, 11:17   Link #288
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Finally we see girls that are suitable for Kon to lose his DT status.
I bet on Emily(as that would hurt Erec the most), although Gabriella is also quite an option.
no please dont
Eres is already suffering too much

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 11:47   Link #289
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I thought whenever there is "Tama" inside a word, he will tense up suddenly...?

Kon wants to call that pet "Goemon", but didn't there somebody in another anime who is also called "Goemon"?

*Is ganged up by many guys supporting the boss known as "Goemon"*
Kon was probably referring to the legendary thief Goemon Ishikawa

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 16:42   Link #290
Miraluka
18 forever

Despite being the antagonist, the guys has some balls of iron.
Old 2012-10-29, 18:08   Link #291
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Despite being the antagonist, the guys has some balls of iron.
Steel.... Its Steel...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 19:09   Link #292
Green²
It's Magic

Full Metal Ballchemist. If of any question, that be because DT sacrificed ED's balls in through the process of equivalent exchange.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 20:10   Link #293
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Full Metal Ballchemist. If of any question, that be because DT sacrificed ED's balls in through the process of equivalent exchange.
So by giving up his balls, he gained a body that doesn't have the fatal weakness of a normal male body? Sounds fair
Old 2012-10-29, 21:16   Link #294
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So by giving up his balls, he gained a body that doesn't have the fatal weakness of a normal male body? Sounds fair
That is if you never want to get married and have kids. For Erec, I don't think that's an option.
Old 2012-10-29, 21:25   Link #295
Lummie

You guys already forgot he tried to kill Kon and before the second meeting, he decided on a whim to destroy the city if Kon didn't show up? Not to take this show too seriously but I think you guys are going too easy on him.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 21:28   Link #296
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
You guys already forgot he tried to kill Kon and before the second meeting, he decided on a whim to destroy the city if Kon didn't show up? Not to take this show too seriously but I think you guys are going too easy on him.
For me, the first time was justified. As for the second, Kon has every right to beat down Erec but he could at least spared his last remaining "jewel".
Old 2012-10-29, 21:32   Link #297
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm not sure about the killing part. He could have easily killed Kon, Mariandale and Sianglain back in ep1, instead he decided to simply knock them out.
In the case of Kon he didn't even do that, he simply destroyed his sword and threw him on the ground.

That act of mercy costed him a ball.

Old 2012-10-29, 21:44   Link #298
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm not sure about the killing part. He could have easily killed Kon, Mariandale and Sianglain back in ep1, instead he decided to simply knock them out.
In the case of Kon he didn't even do that, he simply destroyed his sword and threw him on the ground.

That act of mercy costed him a ball.
That's not exactly mercy. His display was more a showcase of power and for all we know, they could've been captured and tortured afterwards.
Old 2012-10-29, 21:48   Link #299
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's no reason to think that. From the beginning it was clear that their objective was the princess and Erec didn't try to use force in any way on her, instead he acted with respect and tried to convince her to follow him.
Why would he waste his time on a maid and on a guy who came out of nowhere? Especially considering how chivalrous he is.

In the end it's only after losing a ball that killing DT became a priority for Erec.

Old 2012-10-29, 22:07   Link #300
Lummie

I should've been more specific and secluded the princess in my previous post. My point however that if he's willing to show determination in killing the one who refused to be pushed aside, why would said person not be willing to resort to such methods on the other henchman?

It's true he lost his ball, but because of that priority to kill DT, he intended to take it out on the city with people who were completely uninvolved. He could think rationally after losing 2 balls in ep 4 but not after 1?

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, parody, shounen