AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-11, 14:21   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

"Evolve", From the creators of "L4D" [PS4/XB1/PC]

Turtle Rock, the creators of "Left 4 Dead" brings their new 5 player co-op multiplayer shooter where you can play as one of four alien hunters with their own individual roles and classes, or as one big alien monster that grows larger and more powerful over time. The game is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this Fall 2014.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Interview:

A couple of things to note:
  1. Hunters have Jetpacks... Wow, Titanfall hasn't even arrived yet and it's already becoming a trend.
  2. Four different classes of hunters; Assault, Support (Shield), Medic, Trapper.
  3. The monster has 3 stages- Level 1 is weak and has to hide from the hunters. Level 2 is on even grounds with the hunters. Level 3 is powerful enough to take on the base.
  4. The monster evolves by consuming the local wildlife. Wildlife can be hostile to the Hunters as well.
  5. Confirmed more than one type of monster.
  6. Confirmed more than one zone.
  7. Confirmed more than one game mode.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 14:58   Link #2
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

the game looks awesome. need more MCs with beards like that.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 15:20   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Does seem like it could be a pretty fun game. Especially depending on the different types of monsters, zones, and modes.

I like the idea as a whole. The game really changing depending on how things unfold in any given match.
Old 2014-02-11, 17:11   Link #4
Xacual
The color of a Hero

It looks good, the biggest key to the game's success will be variety though. Like in the jungle map the monster can win by killing the hunters or by going for max evolution and assaulting the human facility and killing all the scientists. All the maps need to have different types of win conditions and the different monsters need to all play differently, not just all basically be goliath version 1, 2, etc.

I added the game to my watch list though, should be a good multiplayer experience at least.
Old 2014-02-11, 18:19   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

They did a great job with Goliath's design, but the hunters aren't to my liking though.

Can't wait to see what other monsters are available Hopefully it's not something as generic as "Heavier armor, slower speed" and "Faster speed, lighter armor" >_>

Personal speculation on other area types- Desert, Snow, Cavern, and maybe something urban?
Old 2014-02-11, 19:40   Link #6
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They did a great job with Goliath's design, but the hunters aren't to my liking though.
These are the creators behind L4D here. They're meant to look quirky and individual, I'm sure.
Old 2014-02-11, 19:44   Link #7
Xacual
The color of a Hero

They've also stated the 4 characters we've seen aren't the only ones for those roles. There are different characters that fill the other roles, they just weren't in the provided demo.

If I had to guess there will probably be three characters for each hunter role and three different monsters in the game at release.

I'm hoping one of the monsters is a flight type and maybe make one of them a giant worm/snake that can travel through ground.

Last edited by Xacual; 2014-02-11 at 20:03.
Xacual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 01:25   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
They've also stated the 4 characters we've seen aren't the only ones for those roles. There are different characters that fill the other roles, they just weren't in the provided demo.
Ah okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If I had to guess there will probably be three characters for each hunter role and three different monsters in the game at release.

I'm hoping one of the monsters is a flight type and maybe make one of them a giant worm/snake that can travel through ground.
My friend suggested that since the Hunters have jetpacks, there might be a low-flying type monster =3
Old 2014-02-12, 10:21   Link #9
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
The game does look really fun, but I think everyone will want to play as the monster. At least we can have fun with a small group of people now. Finding 8 people for L4D was difficult.
Old 2014-02-12, 12:32   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Both this and Titanfall are on PC... Maybe one day we will see a Titan vs Goliath mod
Old 2014-02-12, 13:23   Link #11
barcode120x
NS

LOOKS SIKKK! I am seriously buying it solely for the visuals, everything after that are bonuses :33333

My bro pointed out that it looks pretty good, but when you look at the gameplay, it's basically a tank and spank for the Goliath and a 4-man team to kill the Goliath. I'm hoping there's more to it than that because I can foresee that getting old/repetitive REAL quick if there's nothing more to it. Also, I hope there's a decent amount of weapon variety too. Gameplay vids said nothing about weapons
Old 2014-02-12, 13:32   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

In the earlier stages, the monster is weaker than the hunters so it has to hide from them, or try to separate them. One the hunters' part they have to hunt down the monster before it becomes stronger from consuming wildlife.

Stage 2 they're evenly matched.

Stage 3 the monster has the advantage.
Old 2014-02-12, 14:36   Link #13
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
LOOKS SIKKK! I am seriously buying it solely for the visuals, everything after that are bonuses :33333

My bro pointed out that it looks pretty good, but when you look at the gameplay, it's basically a tank and spank for the Goliath and a 4-man team to kill the Goliath. I'm hoping there's more to it than that because I can foresee that getting old/repetitive REAL quick if there's nothing more to it. Also, I hope there's a decent amount of weapon variety too. Gameplay vids said nothing about weapons
You should watch the gameplay vid, or the interview vid. Saying it's just tank and spank is like saying you only need to reach the final check point while slaying zombie in L4D.
Old 2014-02-14, 03:46   Link #14
T-6000

Looks interesting, but there are a couple of concerns I have. The first is that there could be a problem with people wanting to be assault and not the other classes. I kind of run into this problem with Warface (which has 4 classes, Assault, Sniper, Medic, and Engineer), with people wanting to be assault and sniper alot more than the other 2 classes. A Medic has a bit too much responsibility (where people will want to focus more on killing Blackwood soldiers than keeping teammates alive) and Engineers don't have that good of a weapons. I just hope it doesn't get to a point where people will be arguing who will play as a Medic or support. I'm also hoping that the weapons that the Assault class will have are interesting and unique rather than become basic (and generic) sci-fi weapons. I suppose a third concern is the Bot A.I. I prefer to play offline with bots when I play Left 4 Dead, since the community is just so......temperamental.

Other than these three concerns, I'll be keeping my eyes out for this one. It's refreshing to see some good sci-fi titles coming out when every developer just wants to keep doing another god*******damn modern day military shooter.
Old 2014-05-22, 10:00   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Pre E3 demo, also release date is October 21

Old 2014-05-22, 14:59   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly seems like it could be a fun game to play with friends. Just a question of how much variety there is within the game so you don't just get bored after playing a few times. But certainly seems like it will turn out well. Just like the idea itself and how it can play out with the hunters vs monster style they've got going.
Old 2014-05-22, 21:05   Link #17
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Was hoping to see another monster type but the new hunters are also pretty neat. Looks like the hunters will have variations even in the same role?
Old 2014-06-10, 07:51   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Oh shit, I forgot about Evolve's new Alien!

Old 2014-06-10, 15:59   Link #19
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Video doesn't really show much of what it does compared to the first alien though. Seems like instead of fire it has lightning though.
Old 2014-06-10, 18:12   Link #20
com_gwp

So did anyone watch the tourney? Medic was so OP in the games I saw, they need to nerf the revive ability before the game ships out.

The Kraken's really interesting as well, with its flying ability and ranged attacks. It's pretty cool that they're really putting effort into differentiating the classes of the monsters and hunters in the game.
com_gwp is online now   Reply With Quote