AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-30, 10:31   Link #81
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Haha, It was cool when Shima Katase from Stellvia was in the Dating Sim. Didn't know that it was the same studio who made them.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 13:07   Link #82
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Episode 7 was totally cute. The dating sim game was funny. Especially how she messed up the boy's part of the sim.

The track and field part was funny too.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 00:40   Link #83
Rebochan
Clubbing

Number 8 is out now too!

What a wonderful surprise to have more Bottle Fairy to download when I came back from my folks house
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 01:37   Link #84
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

i thought ep8 was good better then the last one. it didnt have any cultural jokes so i didnt have to stop and rewind to make sense of it. it be Christmas time in the next ep. cant wait for ep9, i think it just aired a little while ago.
Old 2003-12-01, 01:46   Link #85
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Episode 8 almost had me crying!
Spoiler:

So cute, but so touching. It's the first episode to really make me feel any emotion other than squealing at the cuteness :P

I liked it, yep. I liked it.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 02:51   Link #86
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
Number 8 is out now too!
Quite the different episode. Totally different from the rest, I really liked it... instead of getting a lesson in Japanese culture they learn a life lesson.

But thank goodness they did the wacky stuff in the earlier episodes, I don't think a lot of eps like this at the beginning would have held my attention.

Quick question: was there any significance to all the girls wearing black in the credits picture? (And I'm still upset that Chiriri and not Hororo keeps getting center shot on these beautiful images. )

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 03:25   Link #87
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I really liked episode 8. It was a total change of pace from the other episodes.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 04:17   Link #88
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

I think ep 8 is pretty good. It's a bit different in story and more emotional than previous episodes.
The ONLY downside of this ep 8 is the characters' artworks. Anyone else here notice that Hororo's face is out of proportion???
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 04:27   Link #89
Hikari
Banned

A surprise change of mood from the humorous eps from before in that episode. Very touching...
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 07:35   Link #90
Kensuke

Ep. 7 was funny, especially Tama-chan playing that game...

Ep. 8 on the other hand was sad, but still a happy ending. Seeing Kururu crying was emotional. But I guess that next episodes will focus on winter and they will be again cute and funny.
One question: Why they used egg shells? Is there a japanese tradition behind this one?

Kempis Curious: Maybe it was because this episode was sadder than previous ones...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 12:48   Link #91
Rebochan
Clubbing

I have to agree, this one was more emotional. Still, it's not entirely out of place either. Episode 3 was a little somber at the end when Kururu was trying to understand rejecting love, so I had a hunch there might be a slightly more serious episode.

Still, when Bottle Fairy is serious, it's hardly tear-jerking drama. It STILL leaves me smiling. I think this was the best way for the fairies to learn about death without shattering the mood of the show.

Count me in with those who want to know the signifigance of the eggshells. I know Tama-chan mentioned sowing eggshells in a garden in episode 3, but those were different circumstances...
Old 2003-12-01, 12:54   Link #92
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
I think this was the best way for the fairies to learn about death without shattering the mood of the show.
That's a great observation. I didn't think of that. A plant's life cycle WAS probably the gentlest way of showing that.

I think the eggshells were supposed to be fertilizer. I'm guessing it should have been ground up and mixed with the soil, though.

-k
Old 2003-12-01, 17:18   Link #93
Circle

I guess eggshells is an Asian thing, my mom uses them also for plants. I think they're fertilizer and suppose to repel insects too.
Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:58   Link #94
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Kempis Curious: Maybe it was because this episode was sadder than previous ones...
So you think the black clothes at the end were for a funeral, thinking along the lines of Rebochan's idea that this episode was about death? That make me upset. I'm not sure why.

-k
Old 2003-12-03, 05:50   Link #95
aquilus
Dismember!

IŽd think that the episode was about death ... in a rather mild way, but still. I wouldnŽt find it upsetting: death is just a part of life. And yes, I liked episode 8. Different from the previous eps, in a good way.
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 08:19   Link #96
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Just finished watching ep 9.
This episode is back to its track. The show is funny as usual; focusing the story on Chiriri.
Spoiler:
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 13:31   Link #97
Kensuke

Kempis Curious: No, I didn't think that episode 8 was about death. Before it was mentioned, I didn't even think about this episode that way.
Since this was autumn episode and darker than previous episode I thought it was the reason behind black clothes. I saw that ep. 8 was more about the cycle of life (death is just a single part of it) Sensei-san mentioned something like that in the end of ep. 8.

But yes, this was probably the best and the gentlest way to explain something like death.

Damn, Hikari no Kiseki releases episode so fast that hardly one episode discussion has started, next episode is released (Good job, guys!).
Episode 9 was again normal cuteness, and maybe more about drama than any other episode so far, but still, I laughed a lot.
As soon as they mentioned "song battle" I thought that Sarara will definetely notice that, and I was right.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 18:49   Link #98
Rebochan
Clubbing

UTAAAAAAA! UTAAAAAA! The song battle!

I got a kick out of the final title card joking about how they had to end it before New Year's Day because it was an episode about December.

Hororo seems to like mustaches, because she keeps winding up in them. So kawaii though. Also seeing Sarara as the shy love interest...I think...darned if I can follow a soap, even when it's a parody soap.

Only negative was that we didn't get to see them celebrate Christmas. I would have loved to see what kind of presents they got. I can imagine that Sarara would have gotten a small katana, Hororo a package of sweets, and Chiriri another cute hat, but what for Kururu?

Is HnK all caught up now? That was quite a frantic release of episodes! Many thanks for catching up so quickly, and of course for bringing us Bottle Fairy in the first place

Last edited by Rebochan; 2003-12-03 at 18:51. Reason: Edited because my first post was entirely blanked out for some reason...
Old 2003-12-03, 19:28   Link #99
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I also wished December would be a Christmas episode, but the end of it was hilarious.
Old 2003-12-03, 21:19   Link #100
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
The new year sending a fax was hilarious.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen