AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-06-24, 06:39   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 751 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Alright, credit goes to AP's Aohige and Redon for the spoiler summary:

-Chapter title is "Sabo vs. Admiral Fujitora". The splash page features the beginning of a new cover ministory (about time, too)! Seems this one is focused on Jinbei.....

-Despite VA Bastille's warnings, the marine grunts rush at Sabo, but they all get defeated. One of the grunts comments on how Sabo's powerful fingers are more like claws, which can easily crush a bazooka. Bastille then steps up against the revolutionary, swinging his shark-cutter sword at him. However, Sabo easily destroys that weapon, as well. He then grabs the vice-admiral's head, and tells him that his dragon's claws are easily capable of crushing a human skull.....

-Fujitora tries to stop Sabo with a meteor, but unfortunately the space rock gets sliced apart by Dofla's Birdcage, and the resulting debris ends up crashing into the middle of the city. The admiral regrets his blunder, as he may have potentially harmed the citizens. However, he has no time to dwell on his mistakes, as Sabo emerges from the flames, holding on to Bastille's mask. The young rebel comments that he's still not used to his new fruit power yet, as he still dodges attacks by instinct, and proceeds to crush the mask. Fuji asks him what connection he has to Ace and Luffy, and Sabo answers that they're sworn brothers who shared sake. He then warns the admiral that he'll rush to Luffy's side whenever the need arises, and thinks back to the day of Ace's execution, which fills him with regret. The admiral now knows that the time for words has long since passed, and the clash between fire and gravity begins.....

-Meanwhile, as Luffy's group are still rampaging, the Funk Brothers (also from the tournament, remember) appear and lead him to a secret passage. Upon entering the secret tunnel, Robin contacts Luffy via denden mushi, and the two exchange information. It's decided that they'll meet at the 4th level sunflower field, where Viola will give them the key for Law's cuffs. After the call, Luffy's group advances through the tunnel, but..... suddenly, they're caught in a trap where they're submerged in water! And suddenly appearing behind them is.... Doflamingo?!!!!

Well now, this sure seems to be quite the action-packed chapter! Honestly, I'm disappointed that Bastille went down so fast, but at least he got some sort of action (one of these days, Oda WILL bring along a non-Garp VA who doesn't get fodderized, dammit! ). As for Sabo vs. Fuji, I don't expect the fight to last long. Either it gets offscreened or it gets interrupted. Either way, I don't see Sabo kicking an admiral's ass anytime soon.....

As far as Luffy's situation goes, I wonder if that's really Doflamingo he runs into at the end of the chapter. I mean, there WAS a certain familiar someone who we saw in disguise a short while back, wasn't there....?

And another HELL YES for a new ministory!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-06-25 at 00:39.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 06:45   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

maybe now we'll get to see what Bastille looks like under that mask... i say he's a clone of garp created by vegapunk
Old 2014-06-24, 11:24   Link #3
imza

Very interesting, I didn't expect Oda to stick with Sabo's story into this chapter. Now it seems like Fuji versus Sabo is inevitable.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 19:04   Link #4
philip72

I'm glad things are progressing quicly as I hate long, drawn-out, wordy fights. One Piece is an adventure story, not a battle manga, and too much power-levelin' and fighting diminishes it.
Plus if Ace 2.0 Sabo's Chief of Staff of the Revolutionary Army, I'd hope a vice-admiral wouldn't be much of a challenge.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 00:41   Link #5
marvelB

Okay, updated with the summary! Get yer fangasms on, people!
Old 2014-06-25, 03:37   Link #6
adriankhoo153

Seems like birdcage are rather strong. Easily cut meteor!
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 04:53   Link #7
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
I had the shallow feeling, Kelly Funk would lie about this shortcut. It was just way too conveniant that he would know about it. Abdullah and Jeet are shaddy fellows as well. All of them being assassins/bounty hunters could mean that they are after the big money.
But Doflamingo showing up so soon was a really big surprise!
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 04:59   Link #8
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Sabo easily disposes off Vice-admiral Bastille, which i guess is as expected of No.2 of the Revolutionary.

The fight between Sabo and Fujitora seems interesting as we have never seen an Admiral who is not a logia user. His meteors are nerfed now, so he probably will spam something else i guess. IMO the fight will end with both sides unscathed.

Seems like a Luffy and DD confrontation at the end, but i have a feeling that he is only a clone.
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 06:54   Link #9
jopjopjop

Anyone got a whiff of the feels in the panel where Sabo remembered Ace's death?
jopjopjop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 07:43   Link #10
PantsuSister
Peeking The Girl Bathroom

i hope no one say "why sabo not saving ace on the marineford?" after seeing this chapter
PantsuSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 08:38   Link #11
golgo13

Well DD has many tricks up his sleeve and vast influence to have a subset of the fighters move Luffy + Law in a secluded place for him. What an opponent.

The fight between Sabo and Fuji is a little odd. Is Sabo really on par with an Admiral? The only battle fruit trick Fuji knows is to bring down meteors? If his sword (suspect it is the sword which has the devil fruit a la funkfreed, not sure if that was confirmed) is a gravity fruit he should be able to do more and the argument he is fighting at a disadvantage due to birdcage is a little weak. If it is a meteor fruit, then how was he able to fly or keep Law down? Admiral should be strong. If Sabo is on par with him, does that means Luffy is two years from being on par with an admiral?
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 08:57   Link #12
BPD Renegade

Only halfway through, but this has been a fantastic chapter so far. A bit of humor, a bit of angst. Loved Fujitora's offhanded responses to everyone. And people who were dissing Sabo or wondering why he didn't help... we now have an answer.

--Edit--
Looks like Law already knew that Luffy had lost the key.
Law: When are we going to get around to taking my cuffs off?
Oda: Your power is too great. It is a cheat. Once the protagonists have fought, and ran, and struggled, and bonded, and fought, and ran, and fought some more, only when they are in dire need of aid, then, only then you shall be released.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2014-06-25 at 09:08.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 09:20   Link #13
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
f it is a meteor fruit, then how was he able to fly or keep Law down?
It's not meteor. It's gravity or something like that.
jopjopjop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 09:45   Link #14
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Well DD has many tricks up his sleeve and vast influence to have a subset of the fighters move Luffy + Law in a secluded place for him. What an opponent.

The fight between Sabo and Fuji is a little odd. Is Sabo really on par with an Admiral? The only battle fruit trick Fuji knows is to bring down meteors? If his sword (suspect it is the sword which has the devil fruit a la funkfreed, not sure if that was confirmed) is a gravity fruit he should be able to do more and the argument he is fighting at a disadvantage due to birdcage is a little weak. If it is a meteor fruit, then how was he able to fly or keep Law down? Admiral should be strong. If Sabo is on par with him, does that means Luffy is two years from being on par with an admiral?
I've argued before that Sabo has to be at least at the same level of an admiral, even if ultimately he is defeated by one of them. Just as Jozu and Marco were able to fight the admirals.

Everything we have seen of Sabo so far indicates he is a class above others on the island except for Fuji. He clowned Burgess and Diamante in the ring even without the mera mera fruit, took out a vice admiral without breaking a sweat (only other person to do that was Whitebeard) and now he's taking on Fuji without hesitation. Add to this the fact that he is second in command to Dragon, it makes perfect sense he would be that strong.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:12   Link #15
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
It's not meteor. It's gravity or something like that.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I've argued before that Sabo has to be at least at the same level of an admiral, even if ultimately he is defeated by one of them. Just as Jozu and Marco were able to fight the admirals.

Everything we have seen of Sabo so far indicates he is a class above others on the island except for Fuji. He clowned Burgess and Diamante in the ring even without the mera mera fruit, took out a vice admiral without breaking a sweat (only other person to do that was Whitebeard) and now he's taking on Fuji without hesitation. Add to this the fact that he is second in command to Dragon, it makes perfect sense he would be that strong.
No doubt Sabo is a tough cookie. Marco is a good comparison. Just assuming he is close to Ace strength + 2 additional years gives a good ball park of his abilities. It may be a little early to judge, but the way the fight is being shown it looks like Oda will avoid answering whether he is on par, so far the fight has been Fuji bumbling around and plot suggestions he can't go all out. What difference has Sabo and Zoro demonstrated in front of Fuji... Whitebeard wasn't the only one, Maynard is a vice admiral and got owned by Barto.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:14   Link #16
PantsuSister
Peeking The Girl Bathroom

hmm, i guess DD make a clone again, because fujitora say the birdcage is now weakened.
PantsuSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 11:59   Link #17
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
hmm, i guess DD make a clone again, because fujitora say the birdcage is now weakened.
When did Fujitora say that? The Birdcage didn't even budge after getting hit by a freakin' meteor

Last edited by ri0; 2014-06-25 at 12:09.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:42   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

page 6, he remarked that it got smaller...as for how he SAW that, well, let's just say he felt the vibes in the air or something :P

Its size being reduced due to extra string clones is quite plausible though - it was my first thought when DD appeared at the end of the chapter.
Old 2014-06-25, 14:20   Link #19
ri0

^seems we've got different translations. Mine doesn't say anything about the Birdcage loosening strength and judging from the pictures and the content I doubt the correctness of this statement.
Old 2014-06-25, 15:10   Link #20
marvelB

This confusion about the birdcage is EXACTLY why I take all those early-bird scans with a grain of salt, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post

In regards to the part in bold, we've also seen supernova-level pirates like Law and Bartolomeo take down VAs with little trouble themselves. That being said, while I do at least agree that Sabo is more capable of taking on admirals than the supernovas, I'm still skeptical of him actually surpassing them. Even if he is the chief adviser of the revolutionaries, I think it's pretty clear that Sabo, like Luffy, still needs to garner a bit more experience before he's able to obtain a decisive victory over the strongest forces of the marines....