AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 19:11   Link #1
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

I don't even know what to say, but it's here.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-05-01 at 22:17. Reason: Fixed link.
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:19   Link #2
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I.... I just don't know what to say...
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:58   Link #3
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Well, this was expected. What is unexpected is the setting, I thought they were still doing historical settings on Treyarch CoDs.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:09   Link #4
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Well, this was expected. What is unexpected is the setting, I thought they were still doing historical settings on Treyarch CoDs.
That was my take on it, something kinda just after 1st Blops but before MW era.
Did not expect a future warfare but damn I gotta say I'm now very much looking forward to this.
Love this type of era where it's near future but not too far.
I know I'm gonna love this!
Old 2012-05-01, 20:35   Link #5
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
IGN link for mirroring purposes.

Apparently, someone didn't learn certain key lessons from the Terminator movies. Or Time Crisis 4 Or WarGames...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:37   Link #6
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I was expecting Black Ops 2 to take place in the 1980's instead of this futuristic settings.

There's a lot of materials they can use here. Falkland war, Iran-Contra affair, Soviet-Afghanistan conflict, etc.

Just leave the future to Ghost Recon, please.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:56   Link #7
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, I can say right off the bat that I'm not particularly impressed, actually.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 20:59   Link #8
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I always wondered when they'd make a call of duty set in the future but its a shame it wasn't five years ago I would have probably bought it but I've had my fill of the call of duty machine and I've no interest in playing any more.

Also how is Woods still alive in the future ? aside from being blown up he wasn't exactly young in black-ops and it was set during or just after the vietnam war...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:40   Link #9
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I always wondered when they'd make a call of duty set in the future but its a shame it wasn't five years ago I would have probably bought it but I've had my fill of the call of duty machine and I've no interest in playing any more.
This. So much. While the setting changes do appear to be the most interesting the series has seen in years (and my love for sci-fi as well), at this point of time I'm all kinds of fatigued with the COD franchise, and by extension, maybe even all FPSes in general. Fact is MW3 was more an obligation for me to see the trilogy through to the end than actually playing it because I enjoyed it. Told myself I needed a break from the franchise and FPSes after that.

And engine is really looking dated at this point of time. They really need an upgrade for the next game, especially in the wake of BF3, Crysis 2/3 and the likes.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:47   Link #10
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Also how is Woods still alive in the future ? aside from being blown up he wasn't exactly young in black-ops and it was set during or just after the vietnam war...
He was born on March 20, 1930. So, 95 by the time it's 2025.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:26   Link #11
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Please tell me this will use a new engine.

EDIT: Oh crap, seriously?! I can understand them not being able to make a new Engine in time to compete with BF3 before, but now?! Oy!

Last edited by Tiresias; 2012-05-01 at 23:22.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:44   Link #12
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

They went from Old warfare to futuristic warfare. Im a bit surprised wasn't expecting this to happen
a3jay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:29   Link #13
paladinenvec

At the very least it seems more interesting than the last 3 entries, i think that i'll buy it since they are planning to add multiple endings and alternate missions, depending on what you do...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:39   Link #14
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Not caring in the slightest. The original Black Ops was awesome for its historical setting, a setting not often explored in shooters what with the massive glut of WW2 and modern/near-future games on the market.

I would have liked to see something done during the 80s.
Old 2012-05-01, 23:51   Link #15
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good news for those who want Black Ops set in the 1980's. According to this article, the game features two timelines, one set in the 1980's where they play as Alex Mason during the conflicts in that era including Central America and Afghanistan. The other is set in 2025 where they play as David Mason, Alex's son where there's a cold war between the US and China over Rare Earth Elements.

Update: David's partner is played by Michael Rooker aka Merle Dixon of The Walking Dead!
Old 2012-05-01, 23:54   Link #16
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Not caring in the slightest. The original Black Ops was awesome for its historical setting, a setting not often explored in shooters what with the massive glut of WW2 and modern/near-future games on the market
Same here. Despite the presence of anachronistic weapons and vehicle I found the setting of BO 1 to be quite refreshing - Cold War still doesn't get enough FPS love like WWII.

I still wonder if we're going to see more of Rheznov....
Old 2012-05-02, 00:57   Link #17
Zakoo

I think I understand why their games suck seeing how they release it like pan.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 01:05   Link #18
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Looks like sheat
Old 2012-05-02, 01:06   Link #19
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
At the very least it seems more interesting than the last 3 entries, i think that i'll buy it since they are planning to add multiple endings and alternate missions, depending on what you do...
Ohh, that's worth a couple of points on the interest scale; how many FPS titles do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Good news for those who want Black Ops set in the 1980's. According to this article, the game features two timelines, one set in the 1980's where they play as Alex Mason during the conflicts in that era including Central America and Afghanistan. The other is set in 2025 where they play as David Mason, Alex's son where there's a cold war between the US and China over Rare Earth Elements.!
Also interesting. I think I'll keep an eye on this just to see how much effort is put into making the story believable.

On a lighter note, I'll be really amused if there's an alternate model for Alex that gives him a greenish armored greatcoat and brown gauntleted gloves. Extra points if that model replaces the knife with a sledgehammer...

Spoiler for Alex Mason?:
Unlikely to happen, but I thought it too amusing to not share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Same here. Despite the presence of anachronistic weapons and vehicle I found the setting of BO 1 to be quite refreshing - Cold War still doesn't get enough FPS love like WWII.
Haven't actually played Black Ops, but it does earn kudos for not only being one of the few games to include H&K's G11 prototype (Cold Winter is another), but for making a good try at representing the important part of MOPP-IV in gameplay... kind of surprised that they didn't bring it over into a multiplayer map yet, even as an experiment.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 01:45   Link #20
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Gee, after Ghost Recon, now it's COD that's going futuristic...?

Anyway, the quad-rotor UAV seen in the trailer...was actually hinted at by a certain...FPSRussia not even a week ago. I didn't know we'd actually get to see it this soon. Funny, huh? Yes, I know FPSRussia sometimes does promo videos for movies/games, like he did for "Act of Valor"... It should also be noted that, for this video, some people are speculating that CGI was used in certain scenes and thus not all of the footage is genuine.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And...a horse ride in the middle of an air raid? C'mon...

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote