AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 38
10: Amazing... 3 7.50%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 22.50%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 9 22.50%
7 out of 10: Good... 5 12.50%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 17.50%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 3 7.50%
4 out of 10: Poor... 2 5.00%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-01, 10:39   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This seems to be the unwritten rule in AGE, any female character that gets any attention and development with the main character is doomed to die...
More like an unwritten rule of Gundam practically.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 11:17   Link #22
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Speaking of rescue, if Flit is the one leading it, Ezelcant's palace would become space trash in no time...
It's not like he made himself hard to find.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:18   Link #23
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
2. Ru is Kio arc's Yurin, except, well, Yurin makes Flit went completely insane as to destroying Vagan, while Ru makes Kio becoming the 2nd coming of Kira
I'm surprised he didn't realized that he was being taken advantage which would lead to more people being killed by Ezcelant's new toy.

On that matter why is it that they need Kio's biometric data? Didn't Decil nabbed the Gundam like that back then?

Quote:
3. The character development is the good part. The bad part? Come on, it takes Captain Ash zero effort to get into the colony, went straight to the palace, get Kio out, take Gundam back...just WAY too easy...
This show seems to just dumb everything down for the sake of plot.

Like Kio getting captured was just ridiculous, the kid forgot everything that people taught him in battle.

Now the Vagans homeland defences is well....subpar. Granted they would want to minimize damage inside but you'd think they'd have a proper gate to keep giant robots from simply waltzing in let alone get anywhere near the palace of their beloved leader.

Quote:
4. Okay, not really, since the fun start next episode.
I found the episode subpar. Even the moments with cute Lu, it just felt so damn empty.

It'll be interesting though to see how Kio argues against his grandpa about this.

LOL I can imagine it now.

Kio "From now on I'll just disable the suits by taking out the head!"

Flit "uh that's where the cockpits are."

Kio "Then I'll chop the head away from the body"

Asemu, "uh son, grandpa tried disabling suits before, as it turns out they just commit suicide...."

There's absolutely no way Kio would disable a unit simply by punching it.

Quote:
5. Speaking of rescue, if Flit is the one leading it, the whole colony would become space trash in no time...
Highly doubt it. Flit has never killed in cold blood and when he was faced with that he couldn't pull the trigger when the Vagan called him on that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:52   Link #24
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm surprised he didn't realized that he was being taken advantage which would lead to more people being killed by Ezcelant's new toy.
You really like to demonize Ezelcant don't you? If he was just an evil asshole he wouldn't have taken Kio's deal, he would've forced him to give his biometric data and tortured the password out of him.
Old 2012-07-01, 14:45   Link #25
Gundamx

Quote:
You really like to demonize Ezelcant don't you? If he was just an evil asshole he wouldn't have taken Kio's deal, he would've forced him to give his biometric data and tortured the password out of him.
What the point?
It was easy deal = which mean it will save time and resource.

Also Flint turn berserk because they use Yurin while Ru was living normal life > dead of illness not sacrificing herself to save Kio from Vegan killing machine solider.

Edit: it's also high possibility that Flit upgrade gundam to not be used by anyone else than Asuno family since in Age-1 he was not the one who supposed to pilot it don't to mention that Diesel able to piloted it too.
(Even Wolf was plan to take it for himself = which mean in Age-1 > anyone can use it but after Diesel stealing gundam > only Asuno can use it.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 15:13   Link #26
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
And I can say the same thing about you to Flit so cut the crap about demonize this and that.

Zanald wanted to pretty much force Kio to give them all of the beans. You should be well aware that Kio would've fought to the bitter end rather than give it up.

Ezcelant on the other hand refused, stating that Kio would give them what they want in time and he was right. By letting Kio play patty cake with the civilians, he felt sympathetic and like he predicted he gave it up pretty easily. Trading medicine that only buys a little more time for a person that has little significance in the long run for accessing one of the most powerful weapons in AGE isn't exactly what I call a fair deal.

It's easier to get what you want when the other guy gives you a deal that pretty much is one-sided towards you.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:26   Link #27
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And I can say the same thing about you to Flit so cut the crap about demonize this and that.
Not really, unlike you I've been able to accept when I'm wrong and I've said Flit is just misguided because of the circumstances surrounding his upbringing, not just a genocidal old man.

Quote:
Zanald wanted to pretty much force Kio to give them all of the beans. You should be well aware that Kio would've fought to the bitter end rather than give it up.

Ezcelant on the other hand refused, stating that Kio would give them what they want in time and he was right. By letting Kio play patty cake with the civilians, he felt sympathetic and like he predicted he gave it up pretty easily. Trading medicine that only buys a little more time for a person that has little significance in the long run for accessing on.e of the most powerful weapons in AGE isn't exactly what I call a fair deal.

It's easier to get what you want when the other guy gives you a deal that pretty much is one-sided towards you.
I fail to see how that makes Ezelcant a monster. You do realize that torture in this case would have been a lot easier and faster right? A thirteen year old kid would break in 5 minutes, forget about the whole resisting until the bitter end, that's bullshit and no one lasts that long. Everyone breaks, it's just a matter of when, not if.
Clearly the deal seemed one-side in favor of the Vagans, but Kio is a kid, and to him Lu's life seemed more important than giving the Vagans access to the AGE device.
Kio is very naive and kind and it sometimes leads him to do things like going after Shanalua against Flit's orders, almost get himself killed, then risking the whole escape just to go give Lu some more pills.
Old 2012-07-01, 16:30   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!

Poor Lu....BUT DAT GUNDAM LEGILUS, WAIT WHO JUST DIED?! SORRY DON'T REMEMBER.

6/10 episode.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:59   Link #29
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Not really, unlike you I've been able to accept when I'm wrong and I've said Flit is just misguided because of the circumstances surrounding his upbringing, not just a genocidal old man.
Show me where I was making Ezcelant out as a demon. In fact no where did I ever make him out.

By giving Ezcelant access to the AGE system the Vagans now have a powerful unit on their side and I"m almost 99% sure that it's not gonna to shoot rainbows or help the Federation understand the Vagans better. No it's going to be used to cause even heavier casualties on the Federation's side. That's a fact. Not an opinion so get that straight.

And for the record, Flit's not misguided. He and the first DIVA crew know the whole circumstances surrounding the Vagans but hated the fact that they took their anger out on innocent colonies and civilians. We all knew since 16 that they've been suffering from a brutal disease. All of his actions have been defensive.

Quote:
I fail to see how that makes Ezelcant a monster. You do realize that torture in this case would have been a lot easier and faster right? A thirteen year old kid would break in 5 minutes, forget about the whole resisting until the bitter end, that's bullshit and no one lasts that long. Everyone breaks, it's just a matter of when, not if.
Clearly the deal seemed one-side in favor of the Vagans, but Kio is a kid, and to him Lu's life seemed more important than giving the Vagans access to the AGE device.
Kio is very naive and kind and it sometimes leads him to do things like going after Shanalua against Flit's orders, almost get himself killed, then risking the whole escape just to go give Lu some more pills.
I never said it made him a monster.

I applaud Ezcelant because that's what separates a smart leader from a straight forward soldier. The best interrogator is someone who can get the information they need without resorting to violence and that's what he achieved.

Had Zanald had his way Kio probably would've broke but it could've taken up time and harmed him or even worse get killed. Ezcelant got what he needed by making a one sided deal right off the bat.

Yes Kio's 13 but surely he should know how precious the AGE system.
Old 2012-07-01, 18:36   Link #30
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Kio probably has an idea of how important the AGE device is, but to him, a life is more important than that. It doesn't occur to him that Legilis will be used o rape Feddies left and right, it's all about feeling good with himself by making Lu happy.

Romary already made a similar decision, letting her emotions get the better of her by allowing Zeheart to escape. How many lives did that cost the Federation? Kio is essentially a clone of his mother, not really surprising he makes such decisions...
Old 2012-07-01, 18:45   Link #31
Magewolf

I think this may be the worst episode ever produced in anything Gundam related.Worse even then the first 10 episodes of ZZ.

On the bright side after Age we can say that the Gundam franchise is unkillable.Because if this can not destroy it nothing can.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:47   Link #32
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think this may be the worst episode ever produced in anything Gundam related.Worse even then the first 10 episodes of ZZ.

On the bright side after Age we can say that the Gundam franchise is unkillable.Because if this can not destroy it nothing can.
Care to explain why you think this is the worst episode ever produced? because it's actually not bad, and a hell of a lot better than say for example any episode of SEED Destiny....
Old 2012-07-01, 20:00   Link #33
I Fail at Life

To say this episode is better then any episode of Destiny is just uhh.Some,Maybe most,but any?

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-07-01 at 20:21. Reason: To post my Signature
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 20:06   Link #34
Yusei Fudo
Banned

;_____; Lu... and I wanted her to actually live and then later on she and her bro gets saved, but the writers had to do another "Nice Knowing you main protagonist's 2nd love" =___=

Anyways, I wonder if the Legilis in the OP was actually a prototype design that was going to be used, but then they decided to make it look different after.

But even without the "Gundam-eyes" the Legilis still looks awesome :P

But I would love to see it with normal Gundam eyes.
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 20:52   Link #35
GN0010 Nosferatu
Thunder Cloud 編隊!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
;_____; Lu... and I wanted her to actually live and then later on she and her bro gets saved, but the writers had to do another "Nice Knowing you main protagonist's 2nd love" =___=

Anyways, I wonder if the Legilis in the OP was actually a prototype design that was going to be used, but then they decided to make it look different after.

But even without the "Gundam-eyes" the Legilis still looks awesome :P

But I would love to see it with normal Gundam eyes.
It does have normal Gundam eyes, we saw them in the OP. It just hasn't used that configuration yet.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:28   Link #36
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
This seems to be the unwritten rule in AGE, any female character that gets any attention and development with the main character is doomed to die...
Kio has 2 deaths, Flit has one and Asemu has none...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:37   Link #37
Scorpiopt

Crappy episode , probably the worst so far ,

-another pointless death
-Were the fuck are colony defenses? common the detected the ship and didn't launch anything against it? ( i would buy a stealth based attack but dam)
-stop referring the other chapters enough bring something new
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:45   Link #38
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I was hoping they didn't follow the usual formula... sick girl died! WTF?

Kio is a freakin' lady killer... like literally. Adult Kio will live off whiskey, tobacco, and violence from the depression of every chick he gets close to dying tragically. Perma-stubble hardassed Kio... coming up.... oh wait, it's a kids' show.

Plot holes galore:
- how the hell did they get the AGE device so fast and so easily?
- Vagan has crap security... did they leave the AGE device in a drawer?
- does Visidian have a mole inside Vagan? Zeheart... you rascal!
- they broke through defense and knew exactly where to go, they also knew when to attack... they must have a mole on the inside or the whole op is BS.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:29   Link #39
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Kio.

Mars Rays, Kio.

Kio, can't you see I've only been pushed this far because I want to help save my people?

Oh, sure, I already have a medication that can at least relieve some of their suffering, but I'll only give your Vegan girlfriend some if you give me the entry codes to make my weapon of genocide work because I have no qualms against using my own people (who I only want to save btw) as hostages to further my personal goals.

SEEMS LEGIT.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 05:29   Link #40
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Kio probably has an idea of how important the AGE device is, but to him, a life is more important than that. It doesn't occur to him that Legilis will be used o rape Feddies left and right, it's all about feeling good with himself by making Lu happy.

Romary already made a similar decision, letting her emotions get the better of her by allowing Zeheart to escape. How many lives did that cost the Federation? Kio is essentially a clone of his mother, not really surprising he makes such decisions...
Yes, Kio only thinks of important to him but the consequence of his decision will come back to bite him hard.

Yup, it is not that surprising. If Ansem didn't become a pirate, do you think we can have a more level-headed Kio?
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion