AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 17:41   Link #101
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Ok.... Cleopatra? She's one hot lady...I thought the Ptolemies are fat... Hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:57   Link #102
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Macedon is already in the game. More Greek factions are not necessary.
Athens and Sparta are not dominant in Rome's time anyway.
Sadly the Seleucid Empire isn't playable in the base game. That really blows as they were a very big part of the east and at one point could have even challenged Rome at the height of its power before their fateful battle which changed everything and solidified Rome at the top.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:51   Link #103
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Sadly the Seleucid Empire isn't playable in the base game. That really blows as they were a very big part of the east and at one point could have even challenged Rome at the height of its power before their fateful battle which changed everything and solidified Rome at the top.
True, same as the Ptolemies.... Two continued to exist until Pompey conquered Syria ( the last hold of the Seleucids). I hope the Attalids are still there (they were merge as Greek faction back in RTW, I think).

The other nations should be given consideration:

1. Rhodes
2. Attalids
3. Illyrians
4. Galatians
5. Massalia
Old 2013-06-06, 22:15   Link #104
Destined_Fate

Well Seleucid Empire has proven popular and many are guessing it will most likely be FreeDLC like Pontus or be sold through a Cultural Pack later on.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:36   Link #105
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Well Seleucid Empire has proven popular and many are guessing it will most likely be FreeDLC like Pontus or be sold through a Cultural Pack later on.
The fact that Seleucid is a huge Kingdom/Empire even after 200 BC., this is disappointing.... Hope they didn't focus in Europe more and given the east little priority... Asia was one hell of a battlefield after 50 BC.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:53   Link #106
Destined_Fate

Yeah, it's a real shame it isn't in the base game. Some guess it isn't because the Empire is huge and at launch they wanted people to play as "Small" Factions that turn into "Empires" and not start big at the get go and have to deal with smaller factions taking your land until you sort out your internal issues than retake what you lost.
Old 2013-06-06, 22:58   Link #107
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, it's a real shame it isn't in the base game. Some guess it isn't because the Empire is huge and at launch they wanted people to play as "Small" Factions that turn into "Empires" and not start big at the get go and have to deal with smaller factions taking your land until you sort out your internal issues than retake what you lost.
They could've have made the Seleucids a huge Empire at the start but with unstable frontier provinces like of the Two Roman factions in RTW BI. 2-3 turns, you lose a province.. that's true in reality....
Old 2013-06-06, 23:24   Link #108
Destined_Fate

The Seleucid Empire wasn't "that" unstable by Rome and remain around for quite awhile. So punishing them like Western Roman Empire wouldn't really work all that well as their circumstances were nowhere near as dire as the WRE.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:28   Link #109
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Macedon was a pretty big player but nobody complained about that one.

It's probably because CA has a limit to how many factions they can focus on and they want to ensure that those groups are very different from one another. Hence, the reason the Seleucids were dropped. Would they appear? Maybe, maybe not, who knows?

Don't forget that unlike RTW1 the factions are definitely a lot more fleshed out.

In RTW 1

Carthage
Britannia
Gaul
Germania
Parthia
Egypt
Greek Cities
Seleucid
3 Roman families

In RTW2

Carthage
Iceni
Macedon
Arverni
Suebi
Parthia
Egypt
Pontus
Rome

Carthage is pretty much a no brainer since it was a major contender and it controlled North Africa.

Rome is well...Rome.

Iceni covers Britannia

Arvenri covers Gaul so you can't ignore that one

Suebi covers Germany and you need them.

Parthia - No brainer but they are the eastern faction in this game

Egypt - the other part of Africa and you can't ignore that one

Macedon - well it wasn't in RTW1 so they decided to split the Greek cities into their individual ones and give the players a different taste.

Pontus - another northern eastern faction.

As you can see, aside from the Greek cities each one covers a specific area and they clearly want to avoid any major faction from overlapping with one another.

Spoiler:

Putting in the Selecuids as a playable faction would be too similar and close to Egypt and Pontus so it's easy to see why they aren't in. DLC? Like I said why not and who knows? Maybe.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:08   Link #110
Destined_Fate

Not at all. Egypt, Pontus, and Parthia only make a small part of the East while the Seleucid Empire had a huge influence in the East and at one point even the West where had it not been for the Romans they would have taken back all of Greece and even wiped out the Egyptians.

Also note that Pontus isn't in the base game, it's being released as a FreeDLC as it was made after the fact. The first paid DLC also adds in Sparta, Athens, and Epirus with only Epirus actually being somewhat important in this era out of the three. Sparta only got in because many have strange fantasies about the Spartans even though the Romans crushed them rather easily and even before the Romans came Sparta was just "there", they didn't do anything of note in this era and had no real influence. Athens fits in with the Spartans because of their rivalry.

Anything Iberian is also missing as well despite them being VERY important to early Rome era.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:26   Link #111
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

In RTW2

Carthage
Iceni
Macedon
Arverni
Suebi
Parthia
Egypt
Pontus
Rome
If this is the only factions (aside from the Greeks), I expect a lot of rage from the Mod group. This made me think that they focus on quality rather than history AGAIN.... the faction color guys are back.... I've playing RTW until now, RTR to be exact.... If importance of a faction is to considered I say:

Significant factions by conflicts:

280 BC > Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Greece, Macedon, Epirus

219 BC > Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Greece, Macedon, Seleucids, Iberia

146 BC > Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Greece, Macedon, Seleucids

100 BC > Rome, Gaul, Seleucids, Pontus, Egypt

50 BC > Rome, Gaul, Seleucids, Pontus, Egypt, Germania, Britannia and Parthia

Removing Seleucids is BS... IMHO... Better include Egypt too and Parthia....
Old 2013-06-07, 03:49   Link #112
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
A quick question, will Rome 2 Total War have faction selection on a limited scale? As of late ever since Empire Total War. Your choices on factions are just limited to like 8-12.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 04:59   Link #113
Destined_Fate

I would play RTW again but it's a real pain to somehow get mods to work with a steam version.

Faction Choice is limited but there are over 100+ Factions in game... So it isn't far fetched that they will sell "unlocks" later like Shogun 2.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:00   Link #114
barcode120x
NS

Quote:

Faction Choice is limited but there are over 100+ Factions in game... So it isn't far fetched that they will sell "unlocks" later like Shogun 2.
They want them moniess$$$$$$. I'd down to buy their unlocks, I did for Shogun 2, cept I waited for those to go on sale xD
Old 2013-06-07, 19:10   Link #115
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I would play RTW again but it's a real pain to somehow get mods to work with a steam version.
Try RTR or Terra Expangundae...
Old 2013-06-07, 19:20   Link #116
Destined_Fate

Yes, they know that people will pay for Factions as they did quite a bit with Shogun 2. Course they also did release a Gold Edition later but only the limited time European version came with all the DLC but Blood Pack while the USA version only had Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai packed in with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Try RTR or Terra Expangundae...
I did hear that some Rome mods did work with the Steam version. Unsure which though.
Old 2013-06-08, 02:21   Link #117
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
I did hear that some Rome mods did work with the Steam version. Unsure which though.
Darthmod worked for me for RTW. I never tried out any other mods for any of the total war series unless it was Darthmod.
Old 2013-06-08, 03:13   Link #118
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Darthmod worked for me for RTW. I never tried out any other mods for any of the total war series unless it was Darthmod.
Try lusted's , his designs seems to the the one adapted by the official MOD Rome Total Realism.. it has a few crash but currently its the best...
Old 2013-08-04, 02:18   Link #119
Theo
Morningstar is Burning...

Damn, it's been a while since the last update.

To date, we've got several cinematic and gameplay trailers, staring with this magnificent one:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

AI looks more horrendously stupid than usual, blobbing units up like a child trying to cram its last toys into an already bursting chest.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:48   Link #120
barcode120x
NS

Less than 2 weeks left! Unfortunately, I continue nursing school in a few days...my life is going to suck this fall