AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-01-26, 21:46   Link #841
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
anime -only viewer here.

been meaning to ask, just tell me please if the answer is a spoiler or will be explained later on. ( I might have possibly missed it in the anime explanation too). Anyway why is Santana alone and separate from Cars, AC/DC & Wham. is there a reason for this? or is Santana just there as a pre-story, introduction to pillar-men ( also he's quite different, power wise, and education?
If the adaptation proceeds with its pace, you SHOULD get your explanation soon. It's connected to the Stone Masks, basically, and their ultimate use.
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:28   Link #842
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
anime -only viewer here.

been meaning to ask, just tell me please if the answer is a spoiler or will be explained later on. ( I might have possibly missed it in the anime explanation too). Anyway why is Santana alone and separate from Cars, AC/DC & Wham. is there a reason for this? or is Santana just there as a pre-story, introduction to pillar-men ( also he's quite different, power wise, and education? seems the three can talk immediately while santana's like learning everything from scratch, not to mention clothes)

side note : naming really is fun in jojo,now we have Loggins & Messina as the sub teachers
Actually, there was an explanation that was missed out, from the anime. It was just a short line, but it actually hints a bit.

Santana, for all accounts, was literally a baby in Pillar Men age compared to Cars,AC/DC and Wham.

It can be reasonably assumed that the 3 of them excluded Santana from a large majority of their adventures... probably because none of them wanted to be a babysitter.

As for the languages, the manga mentioned that the language spoken by Wham, Cars & AC/DC immediately upon revival was actually Latin, which reflected upon their most recent human history of the Roman Empires.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:54   Link #843
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
that is also another reason why I love this series, all those name references gave me a start as to how to find interesting classic rock musicians
The only problem with this is that it will have licensing issues in US.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 23:46   Link #844
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
If the adaptation proceeds with its pace, you SHOULD get your explanation soon. It's connected to the Stone Masks, basically, and their ultimate use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
~ snip
oh ok thanks! will be waiting for that.
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 00:24   Link #845
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
need moar Lisa Lisa!

definitely best female character in JoJo verse
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 01:39   Link #846
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
I heard they tuned down the content. According to Josepth, Lisa Lisa's cold look was supposedly the look of pig farmer looking at her stocks.

The good thing is they are shortened the training time(or bad thing). In other anime, the 30 days training can go on and on.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 01:40   Link #847
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
need moar Lisa Lisa!

definitely best female character in JoJo verse
this is true then I've ever read the manga is there any other girls in the world 'JoJo' in other Arc? which are also badass Lisa Lisa?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 03:13   Link #848
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
this is true then I've ever read the manga is there any other girls in the world 'JoJo' in other Arc? which are also badass Lisa Lisa?
The dude just exaggerating.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 03:37   Link #849
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The dude just exaggerating.
I think there are other girl in another arc not fight? have good anyway will not see it are not other arc
snif lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:01   Link #850
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
this is true then I've ever read the manga is there any other girls in the world 'JoJo' in other Arc? which are also badass Lisa Lisa?
Well, there are Jolyne Kujo, the protagonist of part 6 also known as Stone Ocean, who happens to be the great-granddaughter of Joseph.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:03   Link #851
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Well, there are Jolyne Kujo, the protagonist of part 6 also known as Stone Ocean, who happens to be the great-granddaughter of Joseph.
Really??? but ... Part 6? therefore Arc 6 ....
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:04   Link #852
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I thought Bun-head (not from this arc) is quite a competent badass fighter?
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:09   Link #853
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Really??? but ... Part 6? therefore Arc 6 ....
Let me get this clear. Joseph himself is the protag of Part 2, while his grandfather, Jonathan, is the hero of Part 1. Each "Part' is about a different JoJo of a different generation in a different timeframe and place (which is part of the reason I fell in love with the universe, I am a sucker for generational sagas). Part 1: the 1880s, England, Part 2: the 1930s before WWII in USA then various part of europe, Part 3: the 1980s, a journey from Japan to Egypt, Part 4: Late 1990s in a japanese town, Part 5: 2001, in Italy, Part 6: 2011, in Florida.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:11   Link #854
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
hmm wouldn't all of that be spoilers.... just saying ehehe, we're not really sure it'll get animated that far, hope it does though, cause it sound cool... but I got spoiled >.<
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:13   Link #855
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Let me get this clear. Joseph himself is the protag of Part 2, while his grandfather, Jonathan, is the hero of Part 1. Each "Part' is about a different JoJo of a different generation in a different timeframe and place (which is part of the reason I fell in love with the universe, I am a sucker for generational sagas). Part 1: the 1880s, England, Part 2: the 1930s before WWII in USA then various part of europe, Part 3: the 1980s, a journey from Japan to Egypt, Part 4: Late 1990s in a japanese town, Part 5: 2001, in Italy, Part 6: 2011, in Florida.
yes I know that each 'part' a hero for a 'jojo a generation, but there are only 2 arc I hope they adapt the arc 3-6 ...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:26   Link #856
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
hmm wouldn't all of that be spoilers.... just saying ehehe, we're not really sure it'll get animated that far, hope it does though, cause it sound cool... but I got spoiled >.<
I only gave the rough outlines. Even tho the "different Jojo in a different time" should have been clear from the end of Part 1.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:09   Link #857
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Wait, i thought that Strait already purge all the Hamon master.
How come there is still Lisa-Lisa??
Can someone explain this?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 22:51   Link #858
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Wait, i thought that Strait already purge all the Hamon master.
How come there is still Lisa-Lisa??
Can someone explain this?
Not here; they are spoilers. Btw, asking for spoilers can also get your post deleted or served infraction and stuff.

And Sheba, whatever you think, to some people, while they may not be spoilers, to others they are. garbage already mentioned explicitly that he got spoiled because he doesn't even want to know about that; ie. the outline. Even if such an outline is available on the official website (and it's not), it should be accompanied by properly labeled spoiler tags, because whatever that constitutes as non-spoiler and does not need to be spoiler-tagged in the anime thread is only restricted to whatever we've seen so far in the anime episodes.

Not trying to fault you or anything, since I occasionally forget that as well in my excitement (or rage sometimes).
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 23:39   Link #859
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Wait, i thought that Strait already purge all the Hamon master.
How come there is still Lisa-Lisa??
Can someone explain this?
Until the episodes say anything, I'm just going to assume Straits was incompetent.

But anyways, quite the intro to Lisa Lisa. Of course Jojo will need to go through some insane training if he's going to be ready for this. Figure some actual training along with his intelligence should give him a shot at winning these critical fights. Time to cancel these engagements .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 23:59   Link #860
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Not here; they are spoilers. Btw, asking for spoilers can also get your post deleted or served infraction and stuff.

And Sheba, whatever you think, to some people, while they may not be spoilers, to others they are. garbage already mentioned explicitly that he got spoiled because he doesn't even want to know about that; ie. the outline. Even if such an outline is available on the official website (and it's not), it should be accompanied by properly labeled spoiler tags, because whatever that constitutes as non-spoiler and does not need to be spoiler-tagged in the anime thread is only restricted to whatever we've seen so far in the anime episodes.

Not trying to fault you or anything, since I occasionally forget that as well in my excitement (or rage sometimes).
Ok, if it is a spoiler then i'll wait patiently for the tv series to explain this.
I thought that tv series excludes the reason why Lisa-lisa still exist while Strait has claimed that he has killed all the Hamon master.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fabulous

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.