AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 17:09   Link #1421
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadallin View Post
Up till a couple of episodes ago I was absolutely convinced they'd do 13 episodes of Aincrad and then 13 episodes of Alfheim.

Now I'd agree that the finale for Aincrad gets spread over episodes 13 and 14, but I'm still partly afraid they're going to try and fit it all into Episode 13. And unfortunately they've done similar things so far.

Pacing has been my absolute biggest complaint about this series, they needed to cut a side story or two to let the main content breathe a little.
We know they won't, episode 14 is End of the World.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:58   Link #1422
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
We know they won't, episode 14 is End of the World.
It STILL means they're going to compress...what? 7 chapters for 2 eps?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:21   Link #1423
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Some of those chapters are extremely short.
Old 2012-09-23, 19:05   Link #1424
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Some of those chapters are extremely short.
Literally, some of these upcoming chapters are only a few paragraphs long. Volume 1 was NOT organized the same way a normal LN release would be, it still owes quite a bit to its original format as a web page.
Old 2012-09-23, 19:19   Link #1425
Znail

Those chapters are like half of the Aria SS that was made into episode 2. That were some massive cuts made there, but these will need to be filled out rather then cut down to be made into 2 episodes. Expect the boss battle to be a lot longer then the very short description in the novel.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 19:51   Link #1426
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
The same thing have been done for the past 12 episodes. Sometimes, it even work
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:44   Link #1427
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Those chapters are like half of the Aria SS that was made into episode 2. That were some massive cuts made there, but these will need to be filled out rather then cut down to be made into 2 episodes. Expect the boss battle to be a lot longer then the very short description in the novel.
Boss battle and Heathcliff's final fight will take quite some time I guess, just that the afterwards of it will be extremely short.
Old 2012-09-24, 18:02   Link #1428
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Boss battle and Heathcliff's final fight will take quite some time I guess, just that the afterwards of it will be extremely short.
The afterward deserves a long screen time though, since it's the end of an arc. Accel World's end basically took half an episode, with all the talking and wishy washy. I hope at least SAO is given a similar time frame. It depends on whether they'd add the fishing incident or not, but either way, the boss battle isn't going to be a long one.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 04:26   Link #1429
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
The afterward deserves a long screen time though, since it's the end of an arc. Accel World's end basically took half an episode, with all the talking and wishy washy. I hope at least SAO is given a similar time frame. It depends on whether they'd add the fishing incident or not, but either way, the boss battle isn't going to be a long one.
That's because AW's ending is an ending of an arc combining with an ending of a season. SAO doesn't need that kind of long ending yet since it's just still in the middle of season eventhough it's an ending of Aincrad arc.
Old 2012-09-26, 04:03   Link #1430
duckroll
綺羅星★!

They're not cutting the fishing story, that's for sure: http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index13.html

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:07   Link #1431
sky black swordman

^ Fishing story will get whole episode from the looks of it.
Looks like there will be a lot comedy moments .
I am curious to see how they change the end when Asuna tell the old fishermen how she fell in love Kirirto because if they go with one in vol 1 it wont sound right.

I guess we can say that ALO will start with Ep 16.
Old 2012-09-26, 04:39   Link #1432
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Fishing story will get whole episode from the looks of it.
Looks like there will be a lot comedy moments .
I am curious to see how they change the end when Asuna tell the old fishermen how she fell in love Kirirto because if they go with one in vol 1 it wont sound right.

I guess we can say that ALO will start with Ep 16.
Don't be so sure. The previews are often carefully cut so as not to spoil any surprises the episode has. :P

ALO will start on episode 15, because the Aincraid arc is ep1-14.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:48   Link #1433
teja208
Critical fanboy

Still not certain whether the fishing will take whole episode. Remember preview of episode 10? They only show us Healthcliff duel with Kirito so non-novel watchers won't get spoiled.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:43   Link #1434
Kamui04

And I bet there's gonna be people tha'll complain the fishing part is a sidestory, waste of animation, blah blah...
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:47   Link #1435
Deltaray

So they are going to throw everything after fishing into one episode, that wont end well.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 08:13   Link #1436
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
So they are going to throw everything after fishing into one episode, that wont end well.
Probably the episode is going to continue until the 75th floor boss battle and make a cliffhanger somewhere around it(or at the moment before the raid party open the boss room door)
Old 2012-09-26, 08:40   Link #1437
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The ep. title for the next episode clearly implies that the fishing story is not going to take a full episode. I'd be surprised if it took more than half, to be honest.

I'm just glad the fishing story made it in. I don't know about the rest of you, but that is probably the most underrated chapter in the whole series. The part where Asuna and Nishida shared their stories was one of my favourite parts of the entire SAO.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:02   Link #1438
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
And I bet there's gonna be people tha'll complain the fishing part is a sidestory, waste of animation, blah blah...
That's for sure -.- If you look at the Youtube vid, there are 5 comments - 2 of them are quite negativ and that's today not to speak of how it will be until Saturday.

I for myself love this part of the novel, simply because they are on a honeymoon and that's how a honeymoon should normally be xD

But i can say that the next episode discussion thread (i dunno here but on MAL for sure) will have a bunch of ppl saying that there (again) was too less action and that the first halve of that episode was nothing but filler -.-
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:10   Link #1439
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
As I theorized a while back, "Depths of Hell" is going to be a double meaning. They'll end the episode with either the floor 75 boss one shotting people, or with the immortal object reveal.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:55   Link #1440
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Well IIRC the 75th boss battle wasn't that long, so putting the two together works I guess.