AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-30, 04:20   Link #1521
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I'm thinking it's Kayaba's fluctlight-copy that inhabits the 100th Floor boss to fulfill his dreams. Hehehehe
Won't be weird if that happen since I believe the Kayaba that was helping Kirito's fight with Sugou by giving Kirito a GM access with higher priority than Sugou's is his fluclight.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 08:10   Link #1522
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Gotta say I really like this cliffhanger. I find it funny how non novel readers were discussing about serious leveling and how to defeat The Skull Reaper, not knowing how close we are at clearing the game. Needless to say, I’m eagerly waiting to observe their reactions after episode 14. By the time they realize what’s going on, it’s already over… literally. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 08:13   Link #1523
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Gotta say I really like this cliffhanger. I find it funny how non novel readers were discussing about serious leveling and how to defeat The Skull Reaper, not knowing how close we are at clearing the game. Needless to say, Iím eagerly waiting to observe their reactions after episode 14. By the time they realize whatís going on, itís already overÖ literally. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You could say I'm a bit dissapointed that it didn't end at the Kayaba reveal cliffhanger, since doing so would be...astounding for the thread itself.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:28   Link #1524
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I wonder how much they will spoil in the next episode preview.

I remember in the LN it pretty much skipped from the end of this episode to the aftermath of the fight.

It seems there's very little they can show while not revealing anything.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:01   Link #1525
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Well I think they could preview the Heathcliff vs Kirito fight and...Asuna suddenly... BAM!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:38   Link #1526
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
She didn't. She did make another character to level with Kirito's new one though. It's from the start of volume 7 when she says she'll use her Asuna character for the duel since it has all the high sword skills. I think Ronelm2000 is forgetting that volume 7 covered the 27th? floor boss and Asuna stood no chance of soloing that.
Didn't Asuna reset her skill, or rather re-distributed her points since she decided to put points in magic skills? Or did she do the same thing as Kirito, and kept her old character avatar, but started over from scratch?

IIRC, its mentioned that her Rapier skill level isn't as high as it was in SAO, but its compensated since theres no System Assist in ALO outside SAO Sword Skills that they ported over, so the change didn't hurt her very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
That would lol.

SAO vets: The. Fuck.

ALO players: Who's this due?

Lvl 75 Clearing survivors: Shit just got real.

That said it's been noted that ever since Aincrad was ported to ALO, boss fights and normal monsters are a lot more dangerous... Probably because not all of the SAO sword skills were ported, perhaps.

On the other hand, Asuna practically soloed the level 21 boss, so... Her POV 3rd person narration claims she forgot about healing and was consumed by a desire for combat and securing her little house in the woods and charged right through Klein to kill the boss.
SAO bosses in ALO is a lot harder both to new re-design as well as the inclusion of magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
so the ALO arc wont be rush?
There should be more than enough episodes to cover the ALO arc. Doesn't the events of the two novels go pretty quickly?
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:42   Link #1527
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think Ronelm2000 is forgetting that volume 7 covered the 27th? floor boss and Asuna stood no chance of soloing that.
I honestly thought Asuna used different characters/buildsets for the 27th floor boss and the 22nd floor boss. Plus, again the fact that there's no leveling system in ALO (i think)... which means...well that.

Plus, that the 27th floor boss may have more physical resistance than the 22nd floor boss...?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:58   Link #1528
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I honestly thought Asuna used different characters/buildsets for the 27th floor boss and the 22nd floor boss. Plus, again the fact that there's no leveling system in ALO (i think)... which means...well that.

Plus, that the 27th floor boss may have more physical resistance than the 22nd floor boss...?
Asuna has 2 characters in ALO, one is her converted SAO stats character and another one is her newly created one.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 05:05   Link #1529
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Well I think they could preview the Heathcliff vs Kirito fight and...Asuna suddenly... BAM!
Kirito's shocked face during the battle is enough that something might have happen to Asuna...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
There should be more than enough episodes to cover the ALO arc. Doesn't the events of the two novels go pretty quickly?
If they'll skip the ALO Side Stories... No rushing might happen...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:34   Link #1530
Znail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If they'll skip the ALO Side Stories... No rushing might happen...
The only ALO side story is Salvia and that is a very short one that they may or may not include without any major impact on time.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:38   Link #1531
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Kirito's shocked face during the battle is enough that something might have happen to Asuna...
Well at least it's better than the spoiler that it will be the last ep of Aincrad.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:39   Link #1532
Vsin
Aldracity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I wonder how much they will spoil in the next episode preview.

I remember in the LN it pretty much skipped from the end of this episode to the aftermath of the fight.

It seems there's very little they can show while not revealing anything.
Next episode preview? Honestly, I think that they can spoil absolute jack squat, assuming that they end Ep 14 by:
Spoiler:
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:43   Link #1533
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Next episode preview? Honestly, I think that they can spoil absolute jack squat, assuming that they end Ep 14 by:
Spoiler:
Epic idea of a preview you got there. Definitely the one that screws up the minds of the anime only fans.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:47   Link #1534
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Next episode preview? Honestly, I think that they can spoil absolute jack squat, assuming that they end Ep 14 by:
Spoiler:
That sounds more of a preview for ep.15 than ep.14. I was talking about the preview for the final events of Aincrad (ep.14), which they will show this week.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:50   Link #1535
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Next episode preview? Honestly, I think that they can spoil absolute jack squat, assuming that they end Ep 14 by:
Spoiler:
I think it's better if he wakes up and meet...
Spoiler for Spoiler:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:52   Link #1536
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
next preview probably continue with boss fight then short glimpse of asuna dying
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:57   Link #1537
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Then it wouldn't be fun at all. The Preview won't be able to screw with the minds of the people viewing it. They'll shrug that the episode really means that Asuna will die and Kirito will have to continue on 25 floors without him, suffering 8 episodes of angst. Scilica gains the levels to meet up with her, Lizbeth moves houses to the more upper floors, then, miraculously gain the mastered skill (the max 1000 Skill Points) of Dual Blades and defeat the 100th floor episode then season 1 ends.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:26   Link #1538
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Then it wouldn't be fun at all. The Preview won't be able to screw with the minds of the people viewing it. They'll shrug that the episode really means that Asuna will die and Kirito will have to continue on 25 floors without him, suffering 8 episodes of angst. Scilica gains the levels to meet up with her, Lizbeth moves houses to the more upper floors, then, miraculously gain the mastered skill (the max 1000 Skill Points) of Dual Blades and defeat the 100th floor episode then season 1 ends.
well that pessimistic people will think. most of them probably will think "nah she will be OK. no way that main female die easily"
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:49   Link #1539
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Actually if you show her getting slashed, but not reveal where it came from, that would work too.

Everyone would just assume it's from the boss.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:08   Link #1540
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Actually if you show her getting slashed, but not reveal where it came from, that would work too.

Everyone would just assume it's from the boss.
Unless it's a clean sword-like slash... then we'll have a problem after that....
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.