AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-16, 19:34   Link #721
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
reply

Personally, yeah, I did love how Ai was this episode, and I would surely not be surprised if the joke Kaoru made about being a girl and liking Eita is actually not such a joke, lol.

But, from a viewer perspective, this episode pretty much clinches it; Eita is nothing more than a trophy for the girls to hold over the others' heads.
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:21   Link #722
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
11th was a great episode.
One of rare in which I felt sorry for Masuzu.
Truly cannot wait for next one! :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 21:44   Link #723
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Ai - Stealing the show and all of your hearts
No kidding, Masuzu was the reason why many watched this show, but now, it's all about Ai!

Another great episode, it's been a while since I heard Kaori Nazuka (Eita's aunt, Saeko Kiryuu) do the voice for a character on a show that I'm watching. Saeko's little game to see who loves Eita was interesting to see, obviously Ai won.(Go Ai! ) Saeko the proceeds to tell the girls why they got which place. The most amusing thing was the comments and advice given to Chiwa, as Seako warns Chiwa that if she is not careful she will be friendzoned. Although she may already there.
So it looks like the girls will be competing in a competition where the winner will be recognize(by Eita's aunt) as Eita's future bride.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 22:24   Link #724
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Eventhough the tension is not quite high as previous episode but once again Ai steals the spotlight from other seasons...

Tsun-ko
Dere-ko
Tsundere-ko

Eita's aunt really know how to read people's characteristic...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 02:07   Link #725
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Hahaha, loved Ai getting called out twice and responding twice. Ah she steals the show for me.

Kaoru giving some weird vibes :P reminds me of the "I'm secretly a girl in love with you" from early int he show XD this is anime though, it could go either way...

Masuzu is alone...I feel a bit bad for her, but she also does it to herself. However now with the other three being friends and suspicious of her, she isn't going to be able to lie through it all forever.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 05:24   Link #726
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
ahaha Ai again steals the show, tsun-ko , dere-ko, tsundere-ko love them all pure win on that part. Ai really is pulling the show these days.

the aunt really knows her stuff, Masuzu was totally outclassed, loved how she added herself to the routes ... but it seems there's actually 6 routes , oh kaoru ...

it's really nice how Ai, Hime & Chiwa are friends now, brought together by there common feelings & history with Eita I guess. Masuzu being alone seems sad now but it's actually a big flag in her favor, being the outcast & unique one, if the sympathy card is played she can win it in the long run. Alternatively if/when she finally opens up with her true feelings for Eita then she would be part of the girl group ( with Kaoru too??? ) and would still be in a bit of advantage being the current "girlfriend".
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:24   Link #727
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So, Kaoru... Gay or reverse trap?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:07   Link #728
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Nah, Kaoru being a girl is too contrived. There's no way someone that cute is a girl .
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 07:36   Link #729
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
yea so likely eita’s aunt is known which girls on who they are since doing video game & yet see one in real life with eita & 4 girls?

hmm wonder if get harem or battlefield if keep up?
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 11:23   Link #730
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
Ai is your generic tsuntere(and quite uninteresting one). For me she is least interesting in Eita's harem. And I'll never understand why people so head-on-hills about her. Maybe you guys just never saw any tsuntere(instead of Shana probably).
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:05   Link #731
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Ai is officially the girl who loves Eita the most. Daishouri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, Kaoru... Gay or reverse trap?
Gay as a picnic basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ai is your generic tsuntere(and quite uninteresting one). For me she is least interesting in Eita's harem. And I'll never understand why people so head-on-hills about her. Maybe you guys just never saw any tsuntere(instead of Shana probably).
We like her because her tsundereness is played for laughs. Her tsun side is never serious.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:08   Link #732
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Yeah, Ai is a enjoyable tsundere, because they all know she is. I loved how Saeko called both her sides out, and even got appropriate responses!

Masuzu needs to step up her act fast if she wants to convince Saeko she's for real. her facade is crumbling, and even Eita is hanging on by the skin of his teeth with his bad acting.

And Kaoru is either a girl, or seriously gay for Eita. I wonder if AI knows the truth about him?

So the ranking of Eita's harem is:
1. Ai
2. Chiwa
3. Hime

And Masuzu is technically not even part of the harem, especially if the acting part gets out for real.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:18   Link #733
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I wonder if there was some kind of dig at those who believe dating sims are anything like reality?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:43   Link #734
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
I loved how Masuzu pointed out that -normally- in most adult situations, she just needed to give of perfect lies and a good facade and everyone will be happy and treat her nicely; however those types of tricks don't work on Saeko.

... Also, the fact Eita wasn't 'swayed by' on the least by Masuzu's "official persona" (unlike the rest of his class) makes me think that he and Saeko are more alike that they would like to admit (and I'm loving that ).





Can you possible withstand the power of a so over the top voice acting?
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-03-19 at 12:34.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:48   Link #735
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
I just repeat. The things you point are exactly what tsuntere is. Tsuntere is a type of tsundere who's dere part is obvious. She just can't hide it. It's rare type in anime but it's not rare in anime-related media in common. So I don't see anything special here.
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:12   Link #736
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
I feel bad for Masuzu, being left out of the group. Now I really hope she wins. She obviously stopped "pretending" a while back ago, you can tell she's just acting in front of Eita because she wants him to figure out on his own that she actually does like him for real.

This episode was sort of a downer, it had a serious undertone to it. Hoping Masuzu really sticks it to the aunt in the coming episodes.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:37   Link #737
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
No one believes Masuzu not just Eita's aunt.
It is pretty much as his aunt pointed out though: Her behavior is too perfect for her age and the time they 'are together'.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 21:44   Link #738
AzureWrath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I loved how Masuzu pointed out that -normally- in most adult situations, she just needed to give of perfect lies and a good facade and everyone will be happy and treat her nicely; however those types of tricks don't work on Saeko.

... Also, the fact Eita wasn't 'swayed by' on the least by Masuzu's "official persona" (unlike the rest of his class) makes me think that he and Saeko are more alike that they would like to admit (and I'm loving that ).





Can you possible withstand the power of a so over the top voice acting?

A string of MADs :

Spoiler:
It took me a while to actually figure out what the hell was happening in that JoJo video. I thought it was silly at first. Thought it was just a string of random shots from both shows.

....Then it dawned on me. It was the GAR version of OreShura OP. I literally spat out water onto my computer when I made the connection.

+1 my good man.
__________________
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 00:44   Link #739
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Seems Masuzu is seriously borken, she is no Picolo Daimaou to sustain herself just with fluids :/
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:32   Link #740
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
No one believes Masuzu not just Eita's aunt.
It is pretty much as his aunt pointed out though: Her behavior is too perfect for her age and the time they 'are together'.
So what if she is? It doesn't actually mean she's not Eita's girlfriend or doesn't love him. It just means she wants to hide how she really is.

Besides, I find the aunt's logic specious to begin with. Making games make you an expert in human nature? It's like claiming being a painter makes you an expert in botany because you paint a lot of fruit baskets.

I know what's bothering me so much about it. One glance, and she tries to sabotage her nephew's relationship over an assumption she has no right to make (even if she turns out to be right). What is wrong with her?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.