AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 21:25   Link #761
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I prefer to think of it as a magnification. Because as I hinted earlier, it wasn't immediately obvious to me either why I reacted negatively.

But the insulting side of it was just to show that being "frank and honest" justified nothing.
Again, the context is diffrent, in Saeko's case, I just don't see her remark as anything irresponsible or inconsiderate. It was Eita's reaction that made things awkward for everyone afterward. Afterall, Seako was told a lie, not the truth, and she knew that.
Quote:
"careful" is the last word I'd use.
I would have, if she'd explained it was a joke when it became clear the girls were taking her seriously.

Besides, what do you mean? We're supposed to take her words literally, or just forget them because it's a joke?
They could have ended it after Saeko dropped the topic by saying she was hungry.

Quote:
Maybe it's the former math teacher in me, but how you get a result is as important to me as whether it's the good one or not.

To use another hyperbole: imagine a guy goes on shooting rampage and kills half a dozen people. Randomly.

Now imagine that, by coincidence, all those people were terrorists about to go on their own shooting spree, and by killing them he saved many more people.

Is he a hero? No, he's still a nutjob who shouldn't be allowed to have a weapon.

(And yes, I know what Saeko did is insignificant in comparison.)
She stated her reasoning, even saying it was her intuition, and apparently, she has experience to believe in her tution. You don't buy and react the way Masuzu did, and you just dig yourself a bigger hole. The more you say, the more your lie get exposed, the less guilty Saeko is.

Quote:
Yeah, and I wouldn't have minded if she'd taken Eita aside to tell him that. But five seconds into meeting her she decides Masuzu isn't Eita's girlfriend? And declares so in front of everyone?
Saeko was told a lie, she knew what Masuzu said was not true, why did they lie to her about their relationship?

If you take these into consideration, then doesn't it look like Eita and Masuzu were the ones who joke about it first?

Quote:
I'm saying she had no way of knowing it wasn't like that. That's what being careless is - taking useless risks based on insufficient information. And taking risks with other people's happiness, including the kid you're guardian of? Well, I think I've already said what I thought of that.
How do you define insufficient information is different from other people. Life is a bitch, Saeko just happens to be very good at reading people and emotion with her intuition, and she has no doubt in her intuition so for her, isn't it not sufficient enough?

Long story short, the whole drama in this episode was mainly Masuzu and Eita digging their own hole. Especially Masuzu, when she reacted to Saeko's remark about other 3 girls being a mainden in love and got herself into that love test thingy, she already lost.

And yeah, let's not forget that love test either, all the girls accepted that the test was statically correct. Then Saeko wasn't exactly pulling stuff out of her ass either when she said Masuzu's relationship and feelings are questionable.
Old 2013-03-18, 23:04   Link #762
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

Ai - Stealing the show and all of your hearts
Quoted for truth.
Tsun-ko, Dere-ko, Tsundere-ko... three girls in one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
And...
Images
A sudden development out of nowhere
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kaoru could just as wel have a huge, blinking sign hanging around her neck that reads: "Look, I'm a girl!"
Old 2013-03-19, 02:19   Link #763
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
Again, the context is diffrent, in Saeko's case, I just don't see her remark as anything irresponsible or inconsiderate. It was Eita's reaction that made things awkward for everyone afterward.
She'd just called his relationship "fake". What did he do for you to blame the awkwardness on him?

Quote:
Afterall, Seako was told a lie, not the truth, and she knew that.
She assumed it. Without basis. Other than, yes, Masuzu playing the good girl, which is a pretty normal thing to do for a girlfriend "meeting the parent" for the first time.

Quote:
They could have ended it after Saeko dropped the topic by saying she was hungry.
What does it have to do with taking anything "literally"? And yes, dropping it might have been wiser, but I can see how letting go might have been difficult. It's not like they were in a position to tell Saeko to go screw herself, which would have been cathartic.

Quote:
She stated her reasoning, even saying it was her intuition,
Which wasn't a reasoning, then.

Quote:
and apparently, she has experience to believe in her tution.
Or her self-confidence is as baseless as her statements.

Quote:
You don't buy and react the way Masuzu did, and you just dig yourself a bigger hole. The more you say, the more your lie get exposed, the less guilty Saeko is.
Maybe. But she started out pretty guilty.

Besides, you know those stories about cops "just feeling" when someone's lying to them, or using various "tells" to spot a liar? They're all bullshit.

Quote:
Saeko was told a lie, she knew what Masuzu said was not true,
Even calling it a "guess" would be to over-dignify it.

Quote:
why did they lie to her about their relationship?
Because they're teenagers and she's an alleged adult?

Quote:
If you take these into consideration, then doesn't it look like Eita and Masuzu were the ones who joke about it first?
No, it looks like they didn't feel like going into all the intimate details of what they were feeling and why.

Quote:
How do you define insufficient information is different from other people.
Yes, and people who judge on too little information are called prejudiced.

Quote:
Life is a bitch, Saeko just happens to be very good at reading people and emotion with her intuition, and she has no doubt in her intuition so for her, isn't it not sufficient enough?
"Intuition". Does that justify racism, or homophobia? Because I'm pretty sure those are based on intuition, too. I mean, wow, you can just look at someone and prejudge guilty of whatever you want. And confirmation bias insures that the future will just validate your judgment. Isn't that great?

Quote:
Long story short, the whole drama in this episode was mainly Masuzu and Eita digging their own hole. Especially Masuzu, when she reacted to Saeko's remark about other 3 girls being a mainden in love and got herself into that love test thingy, she already lost.
No, she "lost" when Saeko decided she was a fake. Making people change their minds is difficult, all the more so when they decide stuff not based on reason but on feelings.

Quote:
And yeah, let's not forget that love test either, all the girls accepted that the test was statically correct.
Which was dumb to start with.

Quote:
Then Saeko wasn't exactly pulling stuff out of her ass either when she said Masuzu's relationship and feelings are questionable.
She did when she met them.

And again when she decided a one-question psychological test in a girly magazine meant anything.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:47   Link #764
Used Can

I think you are taking Saeko too seriously. She's supposed to have pulled a Keima-like deduction from merely developing galges. It might not be realistic, but Oreshura hasn't been too realitic in terms of its characters. Truth to be told, in real life, Eita and Chiwa would have told Masuzu to fuck off due to the things she did in the first 4 episodes, especially in the 4th. The thing with Ai pursuing marriage with Keita due to some kindergarten promise isn't particularly realistic either. Most people in real life would probably keep people like Hime at a distance.

Saeko's purpose in the story clearly is to have Eita and Masuzu against the ropes, especially since her actions has put their act against them. That, and of course, bring more harem hijinks and some comedy.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:30   Link #765
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh Minh
Which wasn't a reasoning, then.
Let's remember Chiwa said that she had always been feeling Masuzu and Eita's relationship as weird or awkward or not quite right, and that the other girls share her thoughts. There may not be a valid reasoning there, but the only difference between these girls and Saeko is that Saeko voiced her suspicion without tact. I can understand you being angry over this, but then you go and critic every being of her.

You hinted that it escalated, you didn't know at first what made you angry, and the more you think the more fault you find. That sounds like it's a negative chain of thought working, that's why I suggested you to "sober up". You sound like you had too much guilty bias at the time. Really, I'm not blaming you for getting angry towards Saeko, I stated in my very first reply that 'I get it' (I hope I did). My only beef with you is your overall attitude, but I guess that is just your character and it isn't likely to change so I won't let that mind me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can
I think you are taking Saeko too seriously.
By gut, which he proved by the linked article being not much better than guesses, I have an inclination to think that taking things too seriously usually means being emphatic about it.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:44   Link #766
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think you are taking Saeko too seriously.
Oh, definitely. It's like watching a tsundere hit a boy and wondering if it's slapstick comedy or domestic violence.

What gets to me, though, is having to argue that, in general, maybe even IRL, Saeko's attitude is abnormal and unhealthy. Shouldn't it be obvious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Let's remember Chiwa said that she had always been feeling Masuzu and Eita's relationship as weird or awkward or not quite right, and that the other girls share her thoughts.
And if Saeko had made her claims based on Eita's disgust at romance in general, or because, like Chiwa, she'd had some opportunity to watch how it came to be, I wouldn't be calling them "baseless". But it was just one glance, one line by Masuzu.

Quote:
There may not be a valid reasoning there, but the only difference between these girls and Saeko is that Saeko voiced her suspicion without tact. I can understand you being angry over this, but then you go and critic every being of her.
I actually only criticized the circumstances in which she voiced her concerns. That's hardly "everything", though, yeah, it's most of her screentime so far. I even acknowledged she wasn't malicious, though, and if asked, I'd also have acknowledged she had a lot of merit to accept responsibility for Eita, even letting him keep his house.

Quote:
You hinted that it escalated, you didn't know at first what made you angry, and the more you think the more fault you find.
The more I had to defend my opinion, the clearer it became, yeah.

Quote:
That sounds like it's a negative chain of thought working, that's why I suggested you to "sober up". You sound like you had too much guilty bias at the time. Really, I'm not blaming you for getting angry towards Saeko, I stated in my very first reply that 'I get it' (I hope I did).
If you did, it was lost in the ad hominem.

Quote:
My only beef with you is your overall attitude, but I guess that is just your character and it isn't likely to change so I won't let that mind me anymore.
And mine with you is the ad hominem attacks and the moral high horse you like to climb on. But I'll try not to let that get to me either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 18:42   Link #767
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What gets to me, though, is having to argue that, in general, maybe even IRL, Saeko's attitude is abnormal and unhealthy. Shouldn't it be obvious?
In real life it would be a different matter indeed, but Oreshura is hardly a depiction of real life.

It's like saying that Masuzu is a terrible person, because in real life the use of blackmail, coercion and the like for personal gain at the expense of someone else are bad. However, plot-wise, the blackmail was just a medium to get the story started, and the whole thing has always been played out comically - sometimes even slightly romantically and cute.

The same could be said about Chiwa's entitlement on Eita, Ai's over-the-top personality, Hime's chuunibyou... None of those traits are to be taken seriously, and even less in a real-life context.
Old 2013-03-19, 23:00   Link #768
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
My Princess
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:53   Link #769
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
My Princess
What's with the chest overhaul? xD
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 11:27   Link #770
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
What's with the chest overhaul? xD
Someone has to be the owner of these puppies. Since Mazusu is anorexic, Chiwawa is pettanko and Ai is too prude to grab her own chest in such a lecherous manner ....

Remember women's breast are filled with men illusions, but what happen if a girl also puts in there her own delusions?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 20:51   Link #771
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Found a nice piano cover on the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5i-Td2BLQ
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 22:15   Link #772
Anime Online

You can say the women in the anime are just psychic. How is Masuzu able to tell from the very first episode that he feels love is pointless? Certainly it's not from his notebook, since he wrote about his fantasies of being popular with girls. Eita never spoke to Masuzu before, yet she can tell so much about his character: that he would never betray her. I'm like, wow, she's really psychic.

The whole blackmail thing is largely forgotten by now. It's mostly for comic relief when Masuzu reads his delusions aloud. Similarly, the whole get-popular-with-guys club thing is also forgotten. It's just an excuse for Eita personal harem setting.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 00:06   Link #773
takai
Easy Muffin

I really think this series shows the more serious and dramatic side of a harem. In other shows I've seen more of all the girls cuddling up with the main guy, instead of this, where each girl scowls and fights to one up each other. Or they get upset when they see him getting closer to another girl.

The light color palette and roundish art is misleading to the series' serious undertone as well.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:42   Link #774
II Maestro

Hime: I have finally conquered the Grand Line!
Old 2013-03-23, 12:14   Link #775
Shinhwa
Banned

Am I the only one who doesn't like Masuzu...? Seriously I feel bad for Chiwa
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:16   Link #776
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haven't watched this episode yet but I saw this screencap...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Dayum. They just keep getting bigger.
Old 2013-03-23, 12:29   Link #777
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Haven't watched this episode yet but I saw this screencap...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Dayum. They just keep getting bigger.
Damn she's got cannons.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 12:54   Link #778
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Highlight of episode 12.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:58   Link #779
SQA

Eita definitely found the melon(s).
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:49   Link #780
ookamigirl

Those two were totally overdoing with the "fake" in their fake relationship.
Well, at least this trip-to-the-beach episode was fun.
These kinds of episodes always make me smile.
Probably because they're so typical, but in a good & fun way.
There sure were a lot of emotions in this episode..

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen