AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-01, 19:40   Link #361
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I'm pretty sure that the american dub is an editing using the mexican dub as a basis, which easily predates it. (That practice is actually pretty common between Mexican dubs and US dubs and works both ways, since eng & spa translators grow on trees, unlike japanese ones).

The first run of the series (as in, the whole lot of episodes since the first series to the end of Stars) was pretty much unedited except for some dubbing censoring (like voicing Fish Eye & Zoycite as female characters). The series was completely broadcasted several times through the whole bunch of countries in Sudamerica.

In fact, I'm gonna watch an episode of Stars in a few hours more and I have been following this current broadcast since episode 1 of the first series.
The way I remember it airing here in Canada specifically was all of SMC and up to about an episode or two before they fight Rubius (it was the one where they fight the two black moon sisters on the bridge) some time around 1994 and then nothing for about 4 years then apparently the rest of the R episodes aired some time around that point, Dic lost the license and Cloverway finished up S to Super S around 2000-2001. Really awkward and clunky process.

Also if I recall they gender swapped Zirconia into a guy with a deep Yoda voice.
Old 2012-08-01, 20:43   Link #362
Snuffle
likes cute things

Location: Where all the cute and pretty silver hair girls are :)
It wasn't all of SMC, there were 5 episodes cut out of the season. 2, 5, 6, 20, 42. I still have the VHS fansub of that. Those were the days... The swimsuit episode in the R season was cut as well.

Also, the Queen Beryl battle was hacked up real bad... A TWO episode long event patched together into ONE heavily edited episode. Although I'm sure this is very old news.
Old 2012-08-01, 20:48   Link #363
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Ah, Sailor Moon, the anime that I watched as a kid wanting the bad guys to win, even though I knew they could never win. Deep inside I actually enjoyed the show (probably along with other guys that watched with me), but I couldn't admit to myself and others as I don't know want to be a sissy.
Old 2012-08-02, 19:59   Link #364
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The first run of the series (as in, the whole lot of episodes since the first series to the end of Stars) was pretty much unedited except for some dubbing censoring (like voicing Fish Eye & Zoycite as female characters). The series was completely broadcasted several times through the whole bunch of countries in Sudamerica.
I remember when I found out Zoycite was male I was like....wuhhhhhhhhh. But then I enjoyed the series a lot more. I still get people thinking FishEye is a girl if I show them a pic and theyre not familiar with Sailor Moon.

They also made Uranus and Neptune *cough* cousins...in the English dub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle
I still have the VHS fansub of that.
Same! I have a fandub of the final 3 or epis I think. VHS of all the movies and the two side episodes one featuring Mercury and the other featuring Uranus and Neptune, well mostly Neptune. It explains why they arent in Super S.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2012-08-02, 20:13   Link #365
lordkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Would have preferred new seiyuus for both Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen but looks like they chose to use the same as original.
why you got something against the original seiyuus ?
Old 2012-08-02, 20:18   Link #366
Ithekro
Space Battleship

"Kissing Cousins" is acceptible is some regions while outright lesbians are not. I guess even cousin lebsians are considered more acceptible...as weird at that may seem. That or they were trying to make you forget about it most of the time...or keep trying to make Sailor Uranus out to be a guy.

(I don't remember the North American dubbing, so my information is spotty...at best).
Old 2012-08-02, 21:47   Link #367
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Thankfully they didnt make her out to be more of a guy then the original did. The epi where Usagi realizes Haruka is female is one of my faves. It was kinda played upon in the original, little states like making comments about the bedroom so it wasnt like the English dub had to alter too much.

Speaking of seiyuus Id love for Uranus original to come back! Love her voice!
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2012-08-03, 04:23   Link #368
boggart
鍵っ子

I thought S was absolutely brilliant. Probably my favourite series of the anime.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:47   Link #369
PreSage
Double dip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkas View Post
why you got something against the original seiyuus ?
No...I just prefer the voices of some other seiyuus over the original. Besides, this new remake will supposedly tell the tale in a different way, so why not go with a completely new cast.

But whatever...*shrug* I don't really care much either way.
---------------
Old 2012-08-03, 17:57   Link #370
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
No...I just prefer the voices of some other seiyuus over the original. Besides, this new remake will supposedly tell the tale in a different way, so why not go with a completely new cast.

But whatever...*shrug* I don't really care much either way.
Yeah, I really wouldn't mind either way myself. Only thing I care about is if the voice cast is any good.
Old 2012-08-14, 10:09   Link #371
loveluna4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I still have the VHS fansub of that. Those were the days...
I remember those days as well! My fansubber was like my drug dealer. I'd have to call him up for my fix. LOL
Old 2012-08-29, 23:01   Link #372
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

there will be a new season with the same characters? I hope so ... because I want to re-see Haruka and Michiru!
Old 2012-08-29, 23:08   Link #373
Ithekro
Space Battleship

More likely a remake or reimagining, but yeah.
Old 2012-08-29, 23:12   Link #374
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I want to see the Usagi x Mamoru catfight!!!
Old 2012-08-30, 01:26   Link #375
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
More likely a remake or reimagining, but yeah.
ok the moment they are reviewing all
Old 2012-09-08, 18:20   Link #376
Cutiepiejessie

Is there anyone AGAINST Ikuko Ito being the lead character designer/animator for the remake? I really hope they get her back.. her style doesn't even need to be updated that much.. Her art in S/SS seasons were amazing (If I'm not wrong, she became the character designer for those seasons, plus did the attacks and henshins), and she directed many of the key episodes of the series. (She also did Princess TuTu, as well.)

Just take a look at her art direction~

Spoiler for Ito's Art:
Old 2012-09-08, 18:37   Link #377
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutiepiejessie View Post
Just take a look at her art direction~

Spoiler for Ito's Art:
This is definitely the best art style and direction in SM. It was my favorite back in the day, although I didn't know who was the artist behind it.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:15   Link #378
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is definitely the best art style and direction in SM. It was my favorite back in the day, although I didn't know who was the artist behind it.
And she's still active,she was one of the chief animation directors of the show in your sig

Random question,I'm just assuming Toei will be the studio handling the project,am I right in doing that or is it possible that another studio could handle the project?
Old 2012-09-08, 19:51   Link #379
Cutiepiejessie

Yeah, Ito is one of my favourite animators. She can make the characters look amazingly adorable without really straying into moe-land. (Well, recently she's worked on some Moe anime, I guess.. But still)

I'm pretty sure Toei is confirmed though, seeing as the anime franchise still belongs to them.

I really hope they actually give this a decent budget, animation and art should be consistent this time.. although that is kinda doubtful, seeing as many Toei produced anime suffer from this problem, Sailor Moon included. (Anyone remember Taichi Nakamura and Masahiro Ando? I hope they never find work as animators again)

I actually wouldn't mind if they kept the original music (or remixed it).. Moonlight Densetsu should stay for sure.

As far as story goes, if there's going to be gaps between the major events, skip the filler and use the episodes for actual character development and meaningful interactions.

I really do hope they do make it a bit more mature this time, at the least
Old 2012-09-08, 19:55   Link #380
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And she's still active,she was one of the chief animation directors of the show in your sig

Random question,I'm just assuming Toei will be the studio handling the project,am I right in doing that or is it possible that another studio could handle the project?
To my knowledge, everyone is just assuming it is Toei. I don't think there has been any official announcement of that. If it is Toei I will be a bit shocked, as Naoko has been known to not like all the stuff the anime did.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo