AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-04, 04:44   Link #901
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
It may be too early to tell, but to me that says they'll be sticking with the original source material a bit closer this time around.
To me the whole event screamed they're about to do something really stupid.
Daniel Lind is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 04:50   Link #902
T-6000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
But what I don't understand is why they are still in "Area 51" mode with the series. No new media of any kind, no concept art, and hardly any new info. All they just said was that the new Anime will begin this winter (let's see if they'll be sticking with this date this time) and that clover will be doing the opening and ending songs. Hell, no info on even the voice cast.

What is up with all the secrecy?!
__________________
T-6000 is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 04:53   Link #903
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
But what I don't understand is why they are still in "Area 51" mode with the series. No new media of any kind, no concept art, and hardly any new info. All they just said was that the new Anime will begin this winter (let's see if they'll be sticking with this date this time) and that clover will be doing the opening and ending songs. Hell, no info on even the voice cast.

What is up with all the secrecy?!
Easy, they don't have anything decided yet.
Daniel Lind is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 09:28   Link #904
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Easy, they don't have anything decided yet.
This.

And that is definitely a big red flag.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 10:14   Link #905
Shyni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: nowhere
So apparently, it's scheduled for Winter 2014.
Shyni is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 10:18   Link #906
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
So apparently, it's scheduled for Winter 2014.
Osano just said "Winter". If toy schedules from earlier are still valid it's probably December. They don't have to adhere to TV scheduling if it's Nico streaming.
Which is actually insanely worrying, because the series need to be sufficiently large if they're not to stop on the first arc alone and like... I can't imagine a large project being just Nico?

They pretty much have to give us some info by the DVD presentation event in October, if it's not there, then there's really a reason to panic.
Daniel Lind is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 12:41   Link #907
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
"Streaming worldwide" doesn't necessarily mean it won't air on TV as well. The NicoNico thing could be a pre-air, or it could be a simulcast.
Utsuro no Hako is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 13:01   Link #908
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
"Streaming worldwide" doesn't necessarily mean it won't air on TV as well. The NicoNico thing could be a pre-air, or it could be a simulcast.
You'd think they would've announced something...
Daniel Lind is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 17:48   Link #909
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Winter season usual starts in January and goes to the end of March.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2013-08-04, 22:27   Link #910
Ryan Ashfyre
Gentlemanly Sadist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
But what I don't understand is why they are still in "Area 51" mode with the series. No new media of any kind, no concept art, and hardly any new info. All they just said was that the new Anime will begin this winter (let's see if they'll be sticking with this date this time) and that clover will be doing the opening and ending songs. Hell, no info on even the voice cast.

What is up with all the secrecy?!
...Yeah, for a project with this much hype, that is a bit weird, ain't it? You'd think they'd at least release a PV or two.

Well, we do have a pretty awesome Fall season lined up, so mayhaps they figure they'd wait it out a bit before they start seriously promoting any Winter shows?
Ryan Ashfyre is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 00:08   Link #911
T-6000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
...Yeah, for a project with this much hype, that is a bit weird, ain't it? You'd think they'd at least release a PV or two.
The Optimist in me says that they are keeping things under wraps for now to help promote not only excitement for the Sailor Moon fans (The term "Moonies" Kinda doesn't sound right) but to also keep things as much a surprise as possible. The Pessimist in me says that they did things & made changes they know could upset the more traditional Sailor Moon fans in the hopes of bringing in more newcommers to the series.

Which of my sides is correct in this matter, I guess we'll have to see this winter.
__________________
T-6000 is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 00:39   Link #912
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
i think they want to suprise us and that why they dont want to tell anything or release preview
elior is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 02:52   Link #913
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ I hope you're right. Because right now, I can't shake this bad feeling I have about the lack of info.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 03:13   Link #914
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 26
I was also disappointed with the event. Whatever happened to the "surprise"? While it was pretty cool to see the cast of the new musical in costume (and did I just see a blue-haired Beryl?), it was still frustrating that there was pretty much no new announcements about the anime except what we've already heard. I'm pretty sure they're keeping it under wraps and hyping it up.

Does anyone know the name of the new anime music composer? Could the upbeat music played in the beginning of the event be something that could play in the new anime?

I'm actually kind of excited if the new series will not be a remake but something that builds from the original. I'm kind of tired of the beginning arcs where she becomes Sailor Moon, have to find her comrades, discover her past, defeat Queen Beryl. If they could spice it up and change things up a bit, I actually will look forward to it.
Sakuya is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 04:31   Link #915
T-6000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I was also disappointed with the event. Whatever happened to the "surprise"?
Ypu know what I call a surprise that turns out to be a disappointment? A Valve Surprise.

*does a brief Troll dance*
__________________
T-6000 is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 09:23   Link #916
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
The Optimist in me says that they are keeping things under wraps for now to help promote not only excitement for the Sailor Moon fans (The term "Moonies" Kinda doesn't sound right) but to also keep things as much a surprise as possible. The Pessimist in me says that they did things & made changes they know could upset the more traditional Sailor Moon fans in the hopes of bringing in more newcommers to the series.
I am getting aku no hana flashbacks.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 13:39   Link #917
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post

Does anyone know the name of the new anime music composer? Could the upbeat music played in the beginning of the event be something that could play in the new anime?
That was musical's... er... music. We don't know anything more about the anime than we did before the event.
Upd: Oh, except that MomoClo's Moonlight Densetsu will not be the anime's theme song.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2013-08-05 at 17:22.
Daniel Lind is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 15:57   Link #918
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Ypu know what I call a surprise that turns out to be a disappointment? A Valve Surprise.

*does a brief Troll dance*
You sir deserve a cookie. It'll be with you soon*

*in valve time
__________________

Dextro is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 16:17   Link #919
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I personally think they'll send out information in fall.
__________________
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2013-08-05, 19:38   Link #920
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Ypu know what I call a surprise that turns out to be a disappointment? A Valve Surprise.

*does a brief Troll dance*
Oh no you didn't!
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.