AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-24, 01:48   Link #421
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So you belive only members of Service club have any depths and all others characters are just flat archetypes. Nice thinking. If she realy were such person like you belive Yui would be on verge of nervous breakdown due bullying already.
Excuse me what? Where did all of this about SC come from? Stay on topic please.

It doesn't matter how deep you think she is- she has done nothing yet to convince us that she or her group can be trusted.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 02:20   Link #422
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
So far Yumiko displayed arogance, possesiveness and self-centeredness. Lying and misleading are stuff we never saw. There is no need for it in first place, plebeians should just shut up and do what she says. That's type of person she is.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 02:25   Link #423
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So far Yumiko displayed arogance, possesiveness and self-centeredness. Lying and misleading are stuff we never saw. There is no need for it in first place, plebeians should just shut up and do what she says. That's type of person she is.
...You realize that none of those are qualities that inspire a lot of faith ?

Like I've said, they don't have to literally say gtfo to chase them away- all they have to do is slowly but surely occupy more of court and push aside the club.

She's not lying; they just have to wait a long while for their turn again thats all.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 02:35   Link #424
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
This doesn't go anywhere. I am quiting for now.

Only last thing. There is nothing you can depend more than peoples bad character traits. That and their opinion about theirself.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-04-24 at 02:53.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 04:25   Link #425
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Why didn't they just ask for permission to used other empty court?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 04:36   Link #426
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Who? The other group? Obviously because it's too much trouble for them and they're just there to play around.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 05:02   Link #427
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The amount of self cynicism attitude that hikki have and the always defeated state that he always get remind me of kumagawa misogi...

Wait....that mean yukino is anshinin? Hahaha...the personality is kinda similar if you thought of it...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 07:07   Link #428
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:15   Link #429
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
We need more of him.
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:39   Link #430
zero7090
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Hikki's interaction with Hayama is just really sad. It shines the truth on how forever-alone people act: bereft of human interaction, they can only rely on rules. "No, you can't use the court because *we* got permission to use it and no one else can use it." On the other hand, Hayama is the complete opposite. He knows how to defuse a situation and negotiate. It is little wonder his easy going nature makes him popular with others.

As I see it, the whole situation grew from bad to worse. Having used the court for practice for days, surely there is no harm in letting others have a turn. Has Hikki's forever-alone state made him forget how it is to share? Surely the Tennis club gets to use the court after school hours too. No, he had to be passive aggressive to show how he's a victim of popular people "having it all".
Hamaya group action is like the ep2 "I am your friend so go buy me some juice". No you dont go to ask some strangers if you can use their resources for free.

When a thief break into your house and got discovered. His friend try to defuse the situation and negotiate. Do you call him a good guy and easy going? So no Hayama is not that good.

Also his hypocrite sentence "It is more fun if everyone play together" said it all. "what do you mean by Everyone?" "Like when you whine to your mom "everyone else has one"", that right, the word everyone is simply an illusion, a lie for the liar to trick people. With the kind of Hayama group attitude there is no, big fcking no chance Totsuka will ever have chance to practice. Then tomorrow will come the "but yesterday we played together so let play today too" bullshit.

anyway, a kid with 180 iq going around calling people dumb isnt exactly right, i tell you.

p/s: TRAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP , WHY GODDDD WHY HE IS A TRAP.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 12:40   Link #431
s07195
Distracted
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
So I've been reading the developing discussion, and well... Yahari Kono Discussion wa Machigatteiru.

I mean come on, who needs tennis court face-offs, begging for pride and whatnot when you have this guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
stealing the show?
__________________

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:35   Link #432
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait... so you admit Yumiko's group is in the wrong, but Hachiman isn't right to refuse until they wrong him a second time?

I don't understand that logic at all.
Where did I admit she was wrong? Sharing is a good thing. Don't they teach you that in primary school? However, if she tries to take advantage of your kindness you have the right to cut it off. Denying it in the first place though is just rude. She hasn't done anything wrong yet. She might in the future (demanding it a second time) but Hikki never even gave her a chance.

Which is only reasonable given his personality, but it's hardly the correct course of action.

Quote:
And conceding to the people who not only had no permission, but came after them is a better solution?

It's one thing if Hachiman walked in on Yumiko's group if her group was already there. Then it would be unstandable for him to concede.

But why should he let himself be kicked off by people who walked in on his group with no authority to justify it in the first place?
The best solution is to force them to ask for permission themselves. Accepting a duel is the worst solution since you both waste a lot of time and potentially get kicked out anyway. The alternative to accepting the duel isn't getting kicked out automatically. Why would you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Come on lets not be naive here- they're not going to let Sai practice no matter what they said.

You give them an inch, they'll take a yard.
Let's not be naive here - Hikki is also a terrible person who's just as bad as Yumiko. Remember, all she's done so far is be very rude, but he's been even ruder. He never had any intention to let them use the court even if they did get permission. Give him an inch and he'll take a yard.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:44   Link #433
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Where did I admit she was wrong? Sharing is a good thing. Don't they teach you that in primary school? However, if she tries to take advantage of your kindness you have the right to cut it off. Denying it in the first place though is just rude. She hasn't done anything wrong yet. She might in the future (demanding it a second time) but Hikki never even gave her a chance.

Which is only reasonable given his personality, but it's hardly the correct course of action.
That is naivety at it's finest.

This is not someone you have met for the first time, you have seen what kind of nasty person she can be and yet you want to actually wait to see it they'll walk over you before acting?

Naivety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Let's not be naive here - Hikki is also a terrible person who's just as bad as Yumiko. Remember, all she's done so far is be very rude, but he's been even ruder. He never had any intention to let them use the court even if they did get permission. Give him an inch and he'll take a yard.
Trying to pull that reverse of my words just shows how weak your argument is in the first place.

And while Hikki is no Saint, you comparing him to Yumiko as if they're the same kind of flaw is incredibly silly.

And to top it of, i's also irrelevant.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:50   Link #434
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That is naivety at it's finest.

This is not someone you have met for the first time, you have seen what kind of nasty person she can be and yet you want to actually wait to see it they'll walk over you before acting?

Naivety.
What the hell did she do? Get snippy when Yui refused to tell her why she wasn't eating lunch with them? That's all she's done. You're just projecting your own hatred of her onto her. She's done nothing worthy of denying her anything. She's shown no inclination to lie or cheat. She just got snippy when someone danced around an issue. Is that rude? Certainly. But that's all it is. Hikki is just as rude, if not moreso. "Bitch", anyone?

All I'm saying is give her a chance. You're not willing to give her a chance because of your own stereotypes.
Quote:
Trying to pull that reverse of my words just shows how weak your argument is in the first place.

And while Hikki is no Saint, you comparing him to Yumiko as if they're the same kind of flaw is incredibly silly.
No, it shows how weak your argument is. And they do have the same flaw. They can't talk to people without dismissing and insulting them. What else is there?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:02   Link #435
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
What the hell did she do? Get snippy when Yui refused to tell her why she wasn't eating lunch with them? That's all she's done. You're just projecting your own hatred of her onto her. She's done nothing worthy of denying her anything. She's shown no inclination to lie or cheat. She just got snippy when someone danced around an issue. Is that rude? Certainly. But that's all it is. Hikki is just as rude, if not moreso. "Bitch", anyone?

All I'm saying is give her a chance. You're not willing to give her a chance because of your own stereotypes.
Guess what? That's how it works in the real world too. People are less likely to give rude and obnoxious people the benefit of the doubt.

And the fact that she's acted all whiny in wanting things her way doesn't change her image, it just enforces it.

A better question is why do you think she can be trust? You can't say it's because she hasn't done anything wrong- What? She hasn't done anything specifically wrong? I suppose you let everyone get a free spank off you the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
No, it shows how weak your argument is. And they do have the same flaw. They can't talk to people without dismissing and insulting them. What else is there?
It's also Irrelevant- We're not talking about what if the situation was reverse, we're talking about the situation as it is.

You're trying to conjure up another scenario to suit your argument instead of sticking to the issue.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:06   Link #436
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
The issue is that Hikki was entirely undiplomatic when approached. Instead of politely directing them to ask the teacher because he doesn't have the authority to grant them permission, he takes the opportunity to attack the ever-friendly Hayato. Hikki made the situation into a confrontation, when it didn't start as one. Yumiko's attitude escalated it, but they're both at fault for what happened.

You seem to removing all responsibility from Hikki for no reason.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:12   Link #437
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The issue is that Hikki was entirely undiplomatic when approached. Instead of politely directing them to ask the teacher because he doesn't have the authority to grant them permission, he takes the opportunity to attack the ever-friendly Hayato. Hikki made the situation into a confrontation, when it didn't start as one. Yumiko attitude escalated it, but they're both at fault for what happened.

You seem to removing all responsibility from Hikki for no reason.
No, I only agree for Hikki's decision to not 'share' with them the court. I never said that I supported how he handled it beyond just the general idea and reasoning to refuse them. In fact I specifically said that I didn't like how he wanted to challenge them then beg for forgiveness.

Likewise your stances was that they should close one eye and give in to Yumiko's demand because she hasn't specifically wrong them in this particular scenario before- Which is silly. Nobody is going to actually wait to be bitten once before twice shy.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:15   Link #438
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
What the hell did she do? Get snippy when Yui refused to tell her why she wasn't eating lunch with them? That's all she's done. You're just projecting your own hatred of her onto her. She's done nothing worthy of denying her anything. She's shown no inclination to lie or cheat. She just got snippy when someone danced around an issue. Is that rude? Certainly. But that's all it is. Hikki is just as rude, if not moreso. "Bitch", anyone?
I agree with the sentiment that Yumiko isn't that much worse compared with the rest of the cast. Way I see it, she's even the most honest out of the cast, for whatever it's worth.

I sort of like to think of her analogous with Giant from Doraemon, with teen problems added.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:25   Link #439
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
What the hell did she do? Get snippy when Yui refused to tell her why she wasn't eating lunch with them? That's all she's done. You're just projecting your own hatred of her onto her. She's done nothing worthy of denying her anything. She's shown no inclination to lie or cheat. She just got snippy when someone danced around an issue. Is that rude? Certainly. But that's all it is. Hikki is just as rude, if not moreso. "Bitch", anyone?

All I'm saying is give her a chance. You're not willing to give her a chance because of your own stereotypes.
Yes, let's ignore the fact that she also treated Yui as a gofer by trying to get her to buy lunch.

And the fact that you don't believe that she can lie also further proves the point that she's not willing to share the court. Rewatch the episode. She offered to let Saika play with them. Nowhere did she ever mention that she would let Hachiman play with them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Yumiko had no intention of sharing the court with Hachiman's group. The fact that all you can do to refute that is with the lack of evidence by saying "give her a chance!" shows that you don't actually have any evidence for her being a good person willing to share with Hachiman in the first place.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:29   Link #440
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes, let's ignore the fact that she also treated Yui as a gofer by trying to get her to buy lunch.
Yui was leaving anyway. "While you're going anyway, can you pick me something up?" Frankly, I think you'd have to be a pretty terrible friend to refuse such a request. It would have been different if she suddenly ordered Yui out of nowhere. And then Yui completely failed to convey that she meant she was going to eat lunch with someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
And the fact that you don't believe that she can lie also further proves the point that she's not willing to share the court. Rewatch the episode. She offered to let Saika play with them. Nowhere did she ever mention that she would let Hachiman play with them.
Sharing is meant in terms of time. As in, let them have the entire court today, but only today. And Saika is the only one who really needs it. Hikki wasn't even playing when they arrived.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.